FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Holiday Assistance please

Holiday Assistance please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pursChick aka Shortie OP   Woman  over a year ago

On a mooch

My plan if Mexico and what I wish to do in the time I have isn’t going to happen.

So I now have 7-10 days. Thinking the Caribbean, obviously there’s good beaches, put I need somewhere to easily get about (I don’t drive) and explore or else I will go stir crazy

Any recommendations as to which island?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Barbados! It's quite a small island which is good because you can see quite a lot on foot but oh there's so much to see and do. The beaches are absolutely beautiful, there's an incredible array of wildlife. Also, the capital is a UNESCO world heritage site and there's so much history and culture there. The food and drink is good, yes it's a bit touristy and expensive in parts but that's easy to avoid. Oh and the polo is amazing. I am incredibly biased though (as you might be able to tell ), there might be other islands that are more up your street.

On a mooch

Thanks that sounds just like me, a bit of everything natural beauty through to history

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Notbtye Caribbean but I would 100 percent recommend Nicaragua.

Look up Big Corn and Little Corn islands plus St Juan.

Pretty easy to travel round the country, people were funny and friendly.

Fantastic place.

By *ottpair243Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield/Leeds

Saint Lucia is Awesome and also has a designated world heritage site for its twin peaks called the “pitons” locally. Awesome beaches, Flora, fauna, food, music etc. Everything that’s worth seeing requires transport though but once you can get that organised it’s a lovely stay! Staying in the north of island in Gros-Islet is ideal, walking round in the capital Castries is cool and cultural and nature sites in Soufriere is great! Will always recommend there

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Aruba - Dutch Caribbean island

On a mooch

"Notbtye Caribbean but I would 100 percent recommend Nicaragua.

Look up Big Corn and Little Corn islands plus St Juan.

Pretty easy to travel round the country, people were funny and friendly.

Fantastic place.

"

Thanks, I’ll have a look

On a mooch

"Saint Lucia is Awesome and also has a designated world heritage site for its twin peaks called the “pitons” locally. Awesome beaches, Flora, fauna, food, music etc. Everything that’s worth seeing requires transport though but once you can get that organised it’s a lovely stay! Staying in the north of island in Gros-Islet is ideal, walking round in the capital Castries is cool and cultural and nature sites in Soufriere is great! Will always recommend there "

Thanks. I had thought about this but it came down to getting around. I’ve never been one for guided tours so easy transport is a must or walking

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Barbados been twice. Stay st Lawrence's gap area. Easy transport island only 20miles good buses great food lovely places to see n do bits

On a mooch

"Aruba - Dutch Caribbean island "

Easy to get around without a car ?

On a mooch

"Barbados been twice. Stay st Lawrence's gap area. Easy transport island only 20miles good buses great food lovely places to see n do bits"

Thank you, that’s two shouts ??

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Dickinson Bay in Antigua, 25 mins from St Johns and safe compared to some of the other islands.

Stunning island with lots to see and do.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

"Aruba - Dutch Caribbean island

Easy to get around without a car ? "

Yes - fairly contained - taxi's are safe and relatively cheap

Another vote for Barbados. Make sure you check which side of the island you’re on, the sea is really rough in places.

As someone said, St Lawrence’s gap is lovely

By *ottpair243Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield/Leeds

"Saint Lucia is Awesome and also has a designated world heritage site for its twin peaks called the “pitons” locally. Awesome beaches, Flora, fauna, food, music etc. Everything that’s worth seeing requires transport though but once you can get that organised it’s a lovely stay! Staying in the north of island in Gros-Islet is ideal, walking round in the capital Castries is cool and cultural and nature sites in Soufriere is great! Will always recommend there

Thanks. I had thought about this but it came down to getting around. I’ve never been one for guided tours so easy transport is a must or walking "

Which is fair and definitely left to someone’s preference. And if that’s the factor there and you don’t drive, may not be the best choice. I tried Saint Lucia Tourist Board! Lol

Barbados... best all round island...a bit more expensive but low crime..lovely people.. easy to get there... st lucia very nice aswell.

» Add a new message to this topic