FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > McMillan Trust

McMillan Trust

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

I owe a deep gratitude to the charity McMillan trust, without them I would not be here.

Their money built the radiotherapy and chemotherapy unit local to me.

However I find it sad that the NHS cannot do all of this and require help from a charity to achieve what is needed.

So This is a big Thanks to anyone who has ever donated to their charity

X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Most Charities shouldn't be required, it is a sad affair that these things are not done by the government.

Xao

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I have relatives who have reason to be grateful the McMillan Trust.

I tend to look at charities as necessary for the functioning of society and an indication of the attitudes of us all. I don't think we should be relying on the government for everything

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

For reasons of support to relatives I have 3 charities I support

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

For Macmillan... it's not just the facilities they support, it's the palliative care they provide

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"For reasons of support to relatives I have 3 charities I support

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

For Macmillan... it's not just the facilities they support, it's the palliative care they provide"

Yes and the support to wider family

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

For Macmillan... it's not just the facilities they support, it's the palliative care they provide

Yes and the support to wider family"

At least when we give to charity our money goes to who we want it to.

west here ford shire

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

At least when we give to charity our money goes to who we want it to. "

Glad some of you can understand how much McMillan actually do

chelmsford

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

Glad some of you can understand how much McMillan actually do"

Lost my brother's wife to cancer, in September, her McMillan team were fantastic, I would often phone them, as I was looking after her. Also Arthur Rank hospice, where she passed, were incredible

west here ford shire

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

Lost my brother's wife to cancer, in September, her McMillan team were fantastic, I would often phone them, as I was looking after her. Also Arthur Rank hospice, where she passed, were incredible "

I am so sorry about your wife, I was lucky I survived, but the damage to my neck has caused other issues, even a small stroke.

But I feel lucky to be here..

I wish you well and hope you find happiness in your life

Xx

Stella

chelmsford

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

Lost my brother's wife to cancer, in September, her McMillan team were fantastic, I would often phone them, as I was looking after her. Also Arthur Rank hospice, where she passed, were incredible

I am so sorry about your wife, I was lucky I survived, but the damage to my neck has caused other issues, even a small stroke.

Xx

Stella"

It was my brother's wife Stella, but thank you. I hope you continue to get better, I have followed your journey on here.xxx

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Most Charities shouldn't be required, it is a sad affair that these things are not done by the government.

Xao"

west here ford shire

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

Xx

Stella,

It was my brother's wife Stella, but thank you. I hope you continue to get better, I have followed your journey on here.xxx"

X

Thank you

chelmsford

BHF

Prostate Cancer

Macmillan

Xx

Stella,

It was my brother's wife Stella, but thank you. I hope you continue to get better, I have followed your journey on here.xxx

X

Thank you "

Xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Words cannot express my gratitude to McMillan for the care and help I received during me wife's last days, she had a rare and very aggressive untreatable cancer and was diagnosed as terminally ill last Ash Wednesday, eventually she was discharged from hospital and my first thoughts were a care home/hospice as caring is not my strongest suit, but on reflection I saw that other people had care for their loved ones so why couldn't I? The McMillan nurses visited three times daily and during her final days provided an overnight carer to allow me to rest. Their care, dedication, professionalism, humanity were amazing. Thank God for such charities. My wife was buried before Easter

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm so glad to hear that McMillan have helped so many people.

Unfortunately this was far from the case when my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. They were about as useful as a chocolate tea pot!! I wouldn't ever give them a penny again.

Marie curie on the other hand...

west here ford shire

"Words cannot express my gratitude to McMillan for the care and help I received during me wife's last days, she had a rare and very aggressive untreatable cancer and was diagnosed as terminally ill last Ash Wednesday, eventually she was discharged from hospital and my first thoughts were a care home/hospice as caring is not my strongest suit, but on reflection I saw that other people had care for their loved ones so why couldn't I? The McMillan nurses visited three times daily and during her final days provided an overnight carer to allow me to rest. Their care, dedication, professionalism, humanity were amazing. Thank God for such charities. My wife was buried before Easter"

So sorry about your wife x

By *lossyLegsGlassesCouple  over a year ago

stafford

We must give our thx for Macmillan their councillors helped hubby through a period when his daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Luckily after 14 months of treatment and surgery she is now well again and loving being a beautiful teenager xx please support these charities if you can their value must not be under estimated x

west here ford shire

"We must give our thx for Macmillan their councillors helped hubby through a period when his daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Luckily after 14 months of treatment and surgery she is now well again and loving being a beautiful teenager xx please support these charities if you can their value must not be under estimated x "

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

While I have no doubt that Macmillan do a wonderful job and help many people, I’m afraid I find it very difficult to bring myself to support them financially. I used to work at the venue where they held 2 conferences a year, 4 days of all inclusive food, evening entertainment and as much free alcohol as they attendees could pour down their throats. Often, it would result in Macmillan being sent a bill for damage caused by the attendees, as well as the rather huge bill for the conference itself.

In my opinion, any charity who can afford to spend half a million on a 4 day piss up twice a year doesn’t really need my financial support!

chelmsford

"Words cannot express my gratitude to McMillan for the care and help I received during me wife's last days, she had a rare and very aggressive untreatable cancer and was diagnosed as terminally ill last Ash Wednesday, eventually she was discharged from hospital and my first thoughts were a care home/hospice as caring is not my strongest suit, but on reflection I saw that other people had care for their loved ones so why couldn't I? The McMillan nurses visited three times daily and during her final days provided an overnight carer to allow me to rest. Their care, dedication, professionalism, humanity were amazing. Thank God for such charities. My wife was buried before Easter"

Aah, it was good your wife was in the comfort of her home, with her loved ones and you had the support of the lovely Mac nurses. Sorry for your loss.x

chelmsford

"We must give our thx for Macmillan their councillors helped hubby through a period when his daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Luckily after 14 months of treatment and surgery she is now well again and loving being a beautiful teenager xx please support these charities if you can their value must not be under estimated x "

That's great news!

west here ford shire

Sooo right on this

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i always give to McMillan and have done so for yrs and yrs.... i will always be thankful for the services and help they went above and beyond with helping out my mum in her last couple of months... and also with me, because the grief management and people i spoke to there after has help me more than they will ever know....

west here ford shire

Thank you for that post x

» Add a new message to this topic