FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > how many times can you read the same book

how many times can you read the same book

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hi can you read a book more than once?

If you do read a book more than once is it because of the plot, the author or the book subject.

Not really thinking of technical books by the way lol, so no counting DIY books etc .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i have a room full of books here at home....often go and dip into them time and time again.....I enjoy reading Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch books

i bet most of us have watched a film more than once, is it so different to reading a book more than once ??

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Only ever come across two books that I wanted to read again, one many yeas ago (in my flying days) was 'Talk Down' by Brian Lecomber, and recently 'This Way to Paradise - Dancing on the Tables' by Willard Manus which is about my fave holiday destination.

I am a sucker for science fiction, we dont have a garage anymore so much as a library lol. Read Terry Prachetts discworld series loads of times n still laugh out loud. Have to be careful where i read them.

"I am a sucker for science fiction, we dont have a garage anymore so much as a library lol. Read Terry Prachetts discworld series loads of times n still laugh out loud. Have to be careful where i read them. "
The book that made me laugh out loud so much on the way home from Dundee a while back was Joe Brand's A Load of Old Balls. Kept getting strange looks but just couldnt put it down. And one that I will re-read again

Forum Mod

I read books more than once, some are worth a second or third look

"I read books more than once, some are worth a second or third look "

Yeah but it takes a while to sink in with women though dont it pmsl xx

Forum Mod

"I read books more than once, some are worth a second or third look

Yeah but it takes a while to sink in with women though dont it pmsl xx "

OI stop following me round the forums like a little puppy dog pmsl

Hav'nt you got some gas to fit?

Hav'nt you got some gas to fit?"

Na had a whole day job moved to next week the customer was ill the inconsiderate git

Didnt find out till late last night so could not arrange any more im still busy though thank god all next week booked and some week after xx

Hav'nt you got some gas to fit?"

gas???....thought it was wind :p

Hav'nt you got some gas to fit?

gas???....thought it was wind :p "

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I've read a few books more than once - a fantastic one was Havoc Junction - terrified me!

I tend to re read books all the time.

Generally cos I use reading as a way to relax and I've read all the books in the house already!

Really should get myself down to the library!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"I tend to re read books all the time.

Generally cos I use reading as a way to relax and I've read all the books in the house already!

Really should get myself down to the library!"

I read loads and it used to cost me a fortune so the library is great - God - sorry - that sounds really boring!

I've bin reading terry pratchet for as long as I can remember.. by the time I get to his last one there's usualy another one been published and if not I start again lol. I'm on my third way through em lol... not fed up yet

I tend to find once I've read 'em and done all the colouring in they aren't as much fun second time around

I've read Lord of the Rings over 20 times now and will continue to read it at least once a year!

"I've read Lord of the Rings over 20 times now and will continue to read it at least once a year! "

Have you read the silmarillion? J.R.R Tolkein deserves a hell of a lot of recognition.. in my opinion the films have spoilt the books.. in no way, shape or form did they do it justice. But I suppose It's the same with all novels turned hollywood... apart from maybe.. Of mice and men and trainspotting.. (probably loads more lol)

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

i read a lot of factional book mainly by TOM CLANCY and i re read them regularly, sometimes passages in them seem different the second or third time round,,,, not sure why, maybe its because your more aware of what the writer is trying to imply with the novel

"i read a lot of factional book mainly by TOM CLANCY and i re read them regularly, sometimes passages in them seem different the second or third time round,,,, not sure why, maybe its because your more aware of what the writer is trying to imply with the novel"

Is coz tom clancy has 4-5 stories running alongside each other in the books...lol...I always pick out summat new each time too

I've read terry pratchet's books zoose than once. ronan the barbarian by simon bibby is well thumbed, but arclight by eric l harry is probably the most re-read book i have. you may have heard of it

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i read and rotate the english literature classics and shakespeare, lots of sub text to absorb

'zoose'? that'll teach me to post from my phone

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

I have a few faves that I know I can go back to any time and enjoy every bit as much as if it were the first time of reading.

One would be John Irving's 'A prayer for Owen Meany', and another 'High Fidelity' by Nick Hornby, which is such a great dip into the male mind that it should be compulsory reading for all women so they understand us a bit better, and maybe pity us a bit more

Can any of the ladies recommend a similar insight into the female psyche? Every little helps, after all!

"i read and rotate the english literature classics and shakespeare, lots of sub text to absorb "

Love shakespeare taming of the shrew is my favourite... closely followed by the comedy of errors ou have good taste

"I have a few faves that I know I can go back to any time and enjoy every bit as much as if it were the first time of reading.

One would be John Irving's 'A prayer for Owen Meany', and another 'High Fidelity' by Nick Hornby, which is such a great dip into the male mind that it should be compulsory reading for all women so they understand us a bit better, and maybe pity us a bit more

Can any of the ladies recommend a similar insight into the female psyche? Every little helps, after all!"

Danielle steele?????? catherine cookson perhaps?????

i cant read i am a single male lol

terry prachett is my favourite authour read all his books and more that once, love witches abroad its laugh out loud funny

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

I often read books more than once...some, like Lord of the Rings and Jane Eyre get read most years. I still have quite a few books from my childhood and will happily settle down for a couple of hours and re-read them.

one of my faves as well lol gotta admire that Granny Weatherwax

I remember books they were those things made of paper before the internet were they not xx

"i bet most of us have watched a film more than once, is it so different to reading a book more than once ??"

perhaps, watching a film again takes an hour or two, whereas a book takes a lot longer ?

Sorry did mean Terry Pratchett n Witches Abroad

but what about books you've already coloured in ?

"I remember books they were those things made of paper before the internet were they not xx "

have heard of the internet.....some new fangled thing for putting on ur head when u get into the shower i think???

I have 3 bookcases full to overflowing with books I have read - well all except one shelf which is hubbys!!

I read everything except sci fi - I have never read anything by Terry Prachett or J J R Tolkien cos they have never caught my attention altho hubby has Lord Of The Rings and swears its great.

I like to read to relax and use books as ecsapism, so I want to be entertained and sometimes I really dont want to think too hard about what I am reading

Mind you I do like to read biographies and true life crime - I have a whole bookcase devoted to them!!

When I was recovering from my operation I couldnt get comfortable sitting at the puter and was constantly dozing off so I just picked up a book or magazine cos it dont matter if I fell asleep with it in my hand I can always go back a few pages and read it again, and if a book has really caught my imagination I will read it many many times.

Shona

x x x

"one of my faves as well lol gotta admire that Granny Weatherwax "

I've got Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, and Magrat flying up my stairway wall, akin to Hilda Ogdens flying ducks

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have been a big reader all my life but the last year i have not been able to concentrate, ive bought loads of books and havent read them yet. I dont go back to the same book that often unless its years since i last read it.

I do have one book that i read every couple of years though as its my favourite book in the whole world. I savour every page of it. I have never watched the film or seen any kind of adaptation of it simply because i have the characters looks, voices, mannerismns ect built up in my mind and any portrayal other than my own would ruin it for me.

The book is one of the classics. Its Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

jame herbert and stephen king are also favotires of mine, christine and the rats, are amongst some of the best

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I have been a big reader all my life but the last year i have not been able to concentrate, ive bought loads of books and havent read them yet. I dont go back to the same book that often unless its years since i last read it.

I do have one book that i read every couple of years though as its my favourite book in the whole world. I savour every page of it. I have never watched the film or seen any kind of adaptation of it simply because i have the characters looks, voices, mannerismns ect built up in my mind and any portrayal other than my own would ruin it for me.

The book is one of the classics. Its Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte"

a lady of taste xx

"one of my faves as well lol gotta admire that Granny Weatherwax

I've got Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, and Magrat flying up my stairway wall, akin to Hilda Ogdens flying ducks "

i have death sitting on binky as a wall paper on my laptop, only TP could make death funny

By *riendlyfunfemWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

The Hungry Caterpiller!!! It was one my daughter loved as child and reading that takes me back to the lovely innocent days of her childhood, now shes alomost 20... sometimes I wish I could turn back time

Jane Eyre gets my vote, as well, as a book I will read at least once a year all my life. Along with Little Women (Louisa M Alcott) and the Anne of Green Gable series, by LM Montgomery.

The latest book I've felt compelled to read and re-read and re-read is The Best A Man Can Get, by John O'Farrell - get it, read it and be prepared to laugh your ass off!

» Add a new message to this topic