Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

No running for me this week as recovering from niggle

Plan to do a 5km on Saturday

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

13 km today in 1:11...ok I guess, need some hills & speed sessions to tune up a bit. So funny today...within 5 minutes of the rain stopping the run routes were packed with dry runners happy to get out & wet returners resenting the dry guys...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

4 miles today with some decent hills at the start. Plenty of sun and the wind wasn't too bad

harrow

Whilst I am having a complete leg and foot rest this week, I may go to gym and work on chest and belly

Not been for ages and it will be nice to at least try to get belly down

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Weather too bad staying in today.

Will just do some circuits in the garage..

" Weather too bad staying in today.

Will just do some circuits in the garage.."

I hear you! Weather done for me too recently, I too will be in the garage today, on the rower & the rollers.

Cumbria

I hear you! Weather done for me too recently, I too will be in the garage today, on the rower & the rollers."

Haha you see so may people new to running pushing them self to go out in all weather in a vest and 4 inch drop shorts that's when it stops be fun .

Got to be mind it not a challenge to push your self to extremes or you will give up sooner or later.

I hear you! Weather done for me too recently, I too will be in the garage today, on the rower & the rollers.

Haha you see so may people new to running pushing them self to go out in all weather in a vest and 4 inch drop shorts that's when it stops be fun .

Got to be mind it not a challenge to push your self to extremes or you will give up sooner or later."

When I'm really fit and in the zone, I love the prospect of going out in challenging conditions, and really testing myself. In appropriate clothing of course! Right now I'm recovering from injury, and have no races planned for the short term, so the prospect of spending more time preparing to run than I'd actually spend running does nothing for me!

harrow

Got to be mind it not a challenge to push your self to extremes or you will give up sooner or later.

When I'm really fit and in the zone, I love the prospect of going out in challenging conditions, and really testing myself. In appropriate clothing of course! Right now I'm recovering from injury, and have no races planned for the short term, so the prospect of spending more time preparing to run than I'd actually spend running does nothing for me!"

Well that’s why I kind of bought running leggings. I hate running in shorts as my legs get cold, but tracksuit bottoms are to heavy.

For me I normally run in a tshirt if doing parkrun but if running a bit earliar in morning as in 5am then a tshirt and thin tracksuit top

Need to get a long sleeve top that’s thicker than tshirt but not to hot. I will get that next month.

For me I have learnt to rest if I have a injury. A niggle is ok but like with foot complete rest this week. At the moment its down to niggle levels of pain which I can live with.

Cumbria

When I'm really fit and in the zone, I love the prospect of going out in challenging conditions, and really testing myself. In appropriate clothing of course! Right now I'm recovering from injury, and have no races planned for the short term, so the prospect of spending more time preparing to run than I'd actually spend running does nothing for me!

Well that’s why I kind of bought running leggings. I hate running in shorts as my legs get cold, but tracksuit bottoms are to heavy.

For me I normally run in a tshirt if doing parkrun but if running a bit earliar in morning as in 5am then a tshirt and thin tracksuit top

Need to get a long sleeve top that’s thicker than tshirt but not to hot. I will get that next month.

For me I have learnt to rest if I have a injury. A niggle is ok but like with foot complete rest this week. At the moment its down to niggle levels of pain which I can live with.

"

There are some great thermal running under bodysuits on Amazon .

harrow

"

Ummmm I decided to do a run in the gym. Set pace at 85% of run pace. Forgot how hot a gym is

"

Winter is the worst time of year to start running kit wise. Summer kit is easy, its taken me years to amass winter kit though!

Injured since before New Year - getting fatter, not fitter.

I had a shocking run on sunday as legs were tired so took a rest day yesterday. Skipped running club tonight as its grim out there but did go to the gym, saw 2 groups from the club on my way home - nutters!!

harrow

The mate - I had the same yesterday. Felt so hot in the gym and ended up doing 5km rather than 6 or 7 which I was aiming for.

In the end it’s 5km so cannot complain.

28km ran so far this year!!!! Just under 17.5 miles.

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

10km yesterday morning before the weather turned! Planning on 12km tomorrow...

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Only managed 4K on the treadmill this week as away but done plenty of walking. Will hopefully be back and 10k in the peaks over the weekend

Interesting to see number of injuries, it’s the biggest problem, kills routine and sets you back mentally and physically. Has to be #1 goal for 2020, stay injury free above any pb

By *ardleedsMan  over a year ago

Leeds

6 muddy miles at lunch today and it's was bloody hard work.

2 weeks in and legs already feeling like lead weights.

Given how quiet this thread is, I guess I'm not the only one having a weather influenced easy week!

harrow

"Given how quiet this thread is, I guess I'm not the only one having a weather influenced easy week!"

Lol actually I was thinking the same mate -

I have found out that work has a internal park run website so I have joined that as well

I am doing a run on Saturday

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Tonight we did 6 x 800m intervals with 1 min rest in between. Challenging but good work out.

We think Mr needs a few days/week off from running as he has a couple of niggles which flared up tonight.

We've had house viewings all week, so I'm using that as an excuse for not getting out. Nothing to do with the weather, honest!!

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman  over a year ago

East Sussex

"Given how quiet this thread is, I guess I'm not the only one having a weather influenced easy week!"

I went out on Wednesday morning and it was proper miserable! But I had a parcel to collect at the top of the hill (I'm at the bottom), so there was a mission to complete. It was nice to be running for a functional purpose rather than a work-out - although the route was pretty demanding!

"Given how quiet this thread is, I guess I'm not the only one having a weather influenced easy week!

I have found out that work has a internal park run website so I have joined that as well

I am doing a run on Saturday "

You are totally hooked on parkrun arent you!!

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancs Mancs

Ive never seen a happy runner lol

"Given how quiet this thread is, I guess I'm not the only one having a weather influenced easy week!

I went out on Wednesday morning and it was proper miserable! But I had a parcel to collect at the top of the hill (I'm at the bottom), so there was a mission to complete. It was nice to be running for a functional purpose rather than a work-out - although the route was pretty demanding!"

Well done for getting out I quite often run commute which are functional runs but not even managed those this week!

Back on it tomorrow though. Well if it's dry

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I had a calf niggle and only managed a 2k then a 4.7k. Slowly improving.. I'm hoping for 6 tomorrow or more! I managed 10 before Christmas so I'm dying to get back up to that!

I run by the sea or if it's shitty weather, in the woods. A bit of weather and slipping n sliding in the mud is good for the glutes and the soul

harrow

I am doing a run on Saturday

You are totally hooked on parkrun arent you!!"

It’s gets me out to see different parts of London (and other places).

I have a super short attention span, do the same run week after week would bore me silly. so the fact that I can choose a number of runs within an hour of where I live is brilliant

Out of the 5 different run locations I have been to. One I had been past on coach. 3 parks I had been to in the past, one I had never been to.

Working out how to get there by public transport is fun, and reading the post race right ups

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman  over a year ago

East Sussex

I went out on Wednesday morning and it was proper miserable! But I had a parcel to collect at the top of the hill (I'm at the bottom), so there was a mission to complete. It was nice to be running for a functional purpose rather than a work-out - although the route was pretty demanding!

Well done for getting out I quite often run commute which are functional runs but not even managed those this week!

Back on it tomorrow though. Well if it's dry "

My run to work would be 10.5 miles - maybe one day it will be a possibility!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I think I ran after the Icecream Van sometime last August

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

parkrun tomorrow- still deciding which one to do as my regular one is cancelled.

10 miles on Sunday. And next week I have to somehow fit in 3x 10 miles at least...

By *ardleedsMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Hoping to do a 10k run today over lunch 3 miles steady then 3 miles 30 sec sprints / walk intervals. Bring on the rain lol

Back on it tomorrow though. Well if it's dry

My run to work would be 10.5 miles - maybe one day it will be a possibility!"

Before I moved house a few years ago my commute was 14 miles so I'd run it very occasionally as part of marathon training and my colleagues thought I'd completely lost the plot!

These days it's only 4 miles although in the summer I'm lucky that I can catch the train a couple of stops and do a beautiful trail run home. I cant wait for the light nights to be back!

"parkrun tomorrow- still deciding which one to do as my regular one is cancelled.

10 miles on Sunday. And next week I have to somehow fit in 3x 10 miles at least... "

What are you training for with those miles!!

Just got back from a run. 7 Miles today and I have a speed session tomorrow. Can't believe it's just the second week of marathon training, I'm tired already

harrow

Parkrun!!!

A new location and a new pb!!! 7 runs 7pbs on each run

Only a small increase this week of 14 secs but was struggling with cold and cough. Happy with that!!!!

28:39 not bad for a fat bloke!!!! Amazing quick first 2km for me but bit slower on final 3km

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Motivate me! Should I go for a run?

Swansea

"Motivate me! Should I go for a run?"

Yes do it.

I (her) attempted a 13 mile run earlier today and ended up nearly half a mile down the road shreaking and sliding on black ice and stopped myself from falling by diving into a hedge!!! Such class

harrow

Must say when I left the house it was 0 this morning but had my new top and felt great!!!!!

5 mile trail / off-road run for me Sunday night.

Trail shoes and head torch compulsory but if anyone wants to join the group your very welcome.

5 mile trail / off-road run for me Sunday night in the Peak District.

Trail shoes and head torch compulsory but if anyone wants to join the group your very welcome.

harrow

"5 mile trail / off-road run for me Sunday night in the Peak District.

Trail shoes and head torch compulsory but if anyone wants to join the group your very welcome. "

Ummmm May take a swerve thanks for the offer

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

10k done!

Swansea

"Motivate me! Should I go for a run?

Yes do it.

I (her) attempted a 13 mile run earlier today and ended up nearly half a mile down the road shreaking and sliding on black ice and stopped myself from falling by diving into a hedge!!! Such class "

Been back out and couldn't quite manage 13 miles (12.78) my legs and head just wasn't in it today. No idea why, I feel quite disappointed but will bounce back.

12.5 miles today and a sports massage

Only managed parkrun today, too icy to do my extra route,

Will do some gym based sprints tomorrow before insanity

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

"12.5 miles today and a sports massage "

Nice going .. I managed 7k in the rain yesterday. Happy with that as my calf muscle has been recovering

harrow

"Only managed parkrun today, too icy to do my extra route,

Will do some gym based sprints tomorrow before insanity "

How did it go

"12.5 miles today and a sports massage

Nice going .. I managed 7k in the rain yesterday. Happy with that as my calf muscle has been recovering"

Awesome! I love running in the rain, its rained during my last few races so I tend to intentionally go out when it's pelting

I'm currently focusing on fartlet and HiiT running and the results are incredible. Keep up the good work People.

How did it go "

It was cold haha

ice stuck about 2 minutes on my time, seen a few fallers tho,

It’s pacer week next so looking forward to that

"Parkrun!!!

A new location and a new pb!!! 7 runs 7pbs on each run

Only a small increase this week of 14 secs but was struggling with cold and cough. Happy with that!!!!

28:39 not bad for a fat bloke!!!! Amazing quick first 2km for me but bit slower on final 3km "

Well done mate!

harrow

How did it go

It was cold haha

ice stuck about 2 minutes on my time, seen a few fallers tho,

It’s pacer week next so looking forward to that"

Where I done my no ice!!!! - head a few people on social media say theirs was called off

Parkrun this morning followed by another 3.5km. Took it steady as very icy in places and the first km in particular was very slow so happy to have only been a few seconds slower than 2 weeks ago.

I'd done 7 miles last night and the gym at lunchtime so hopeful of beating last years fastest time since the weather picks up and I'm on fresh legs

harrow

New Forum Post up!!!! This post is now closed

» Add a new message to this topic