FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rejection

Rejection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I am curious..particularly single men looking for single women.

If you're not interested, whether you've met or not, do you bother to say you're done, or do you just stop responding to messages?

I always make my feelings clear, but I don't get that same courtesy!!

I'm a big girl & can take a 'no thanks' without losing the plot, but just get a bit frustrated with the silent treatment!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *esse1972Man  over a year ago

Rugeley

"I am curious..particularly single men looking for single women.

If you're not interested, whether you've met or not, do you bother to say you're done, or do you just stop responding to messages?

I'm a big girl & can take a 'no thanks' without losing the plot, but just get a bit frustrated with the silent treatment!! "

So sorry to hear. I will tell folks. But as you ladies get way more mail than us men most don’t reply they delete. The modern way is just to delete. Rejection unfortunately is part of procedure. Jesse xx

By *ove3funCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I think some stop replying rather than being upfront so as to not get a rant back. I'm in your camp but I've also not had shitty messages on here

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Happens to us all - especially on here. Doesn’t matter if you’re big, small or whatever.

Happened to me recently, and it can mess with your self confidence.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

I don't like giving the silent treatment, so I always say I'm done... I use different words though obvs

I've got to say I've never had a nasty message and most keep in touch or fade into the fab sunset

"I don't like giving the silent treatment, so I always say I'm done... I use different words though obvs "

‘I’m done’

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I'm a big girl & can take a 'no thanks' without losing the plot, but just get a bit frustrated with the silent treatment!! "

You're not alone by any means. I've had it all over time, well-written polite replies which have meant a lot, instant blocks, suddenly stopping talking, rudeness and personal insults.....the list goes on. Sadly it's very clear its becoming worse and I've got to the point where I believe only a tiny minority on here are honest and decent. Many are rude, arrogant, conceited and often look down on others from a perceived high perch. It's clear from clubs, socials etc. that most live within cliques and inner sanctum that rarely welcome others, being very closed to outsiders. It's become genuinely depressing to the point where I've stopped bothering and just come on here when I've nothing better to do.

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"I don't like giving the silent treatment, so I always say I'm done... I use different words though obvs

‘I’m done’

"

Or

It’s not you it’s me. I’m too good for you

Northampton

"I don't like giving the silent treatment, so I always say I'm done... I use different words though obvs

‘I’m done’

Or

It’s not you it’s me. I’m too good for you "

I'm not too good for anyone

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'm sad when people feel that they cannot face me so they ghost, sometimes they come back sometimes they don't but life goes on

It's a dubble edged sword really,

At the start we responded to all the messages we received, but it turns out to be a ratio thing! When you get loads of abuse for just saying no thank you, you do find yourself just deleting and sometimes blocking the sender, it's a sad truth I afraid.

‘I’m done’

Or

I'm not too good for anyone "

You’re just lovely

Northampton

‘I’m done’

Or

I'm not too good for anyone

You’re just lovely "

Thanks beautiful

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

I just expect to get ignored so when someone does inform me, then it’s respect to them ... and it’s nice when they take the trouble, so rejection is not so bad

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

There's also the "natural fizzle" where things have just drifted naturally which has happened a few times and I think is quite commonplace here, and often happens not necessarily because of lack of interest as such, more neither person wanting to be upfront and open about things as it's not the "done" thing on here.

Trouble with that is it can lead to both people thinking the other isn't interested when quite often that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Personally I'd rather be told that someone isn't interested in meeting again (even if the reasons might be quite brutal) rather than left dangling wondering.

The stopping of messages only has happened once to me and it was a genuine mistake. All sorted now . Can you not message the person again?

The only person I ever had ghost me was a girl. I thought we were friends. She obviously didn't.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I can't say I've experienced it apart from once (as in had it done to me) but I know I tend to fade messages out for a myriad of reasons. If that sort of initial excitement isn't there it naturally means they sort of fade in intensity and frequency. I also don't like sending *that* message because unless I'm really certain the person fancies me, it's a bit assumptive. Sometimes people just like talking and seeing how things progress.

I tend to get to know people as friends firstly - anything else that happens is a bonus so yeah...

If you want clear communication, start that conversation. Find out what happened.

» Add a new message to this topic