FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Full moon

Full moon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has any body else realised that strange thing happen, or people in general go a bit strange on full moon night....your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awk90Man  over a year ago

Amsterdam

Little old lady got mutilated late last night...

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I think people are strange in general, not just on full moons x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm thinking about tomorrow night

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Work is always busier overnight.

"I think people are strange in general, not just on full moons x "

Yes but they peak on a full moon....

The kids at work used to go bloody mad and hyper when it was a full moon

I fully intend on keeping my son off school every full moon. I wanna see if anyone catches on

Full moon party?

"Little old lady got mutilated late last night..."

I saw him later on drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.... and his hair was perfect.

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I used to work in a hospital, everyone dreaded full moons. Something weird always happened.

"I think people are strange in general, not just on full moons x

Yes but they peak on a full moon.... "

That's my point

"Full moon party?"

Koh Phangan you been?

"I used to work in a hospital, everyone dreaded full moons. Something weird always happened. "

Moon is power right?

Didnt we have a bit of an eclipse too. An extra bit of magic/madness tonight.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

We have plenty of liquid in us. Maybe the moons gravitational pull has more effect on us when it’s closer. Micro-mini-tidal effects....

"We have plenty of liquid in us. Maybe the moons gravitational pull has more effect on us when it’s closer. Micro-mini-tidal effects...."

We are just living water. I'm not a scientist but I think you could be onto something there

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

For a long time people have said the moon affects our behaviour and you'll find no end of people prepared to swear blind that their hospital/police station/nursing home/nightclub is always worse on a full moon. However, the same people never seem to notice the effect during the day. If it was a tidal thing, low tide on a full moon falls at midday and midnight so any night time effect should be apparent in the day too.

Numerous proper studies have failed to find any correlation at all - it appears to be no more than superstition and a big dose of confirmation bias.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

What strange things....

Wanders back to sit in front of the cave howling

And throwing rocks at big s_iney light....

"What strange things....

Wanders back to sit in front of the cave howling

And throwing rocks at big s_iney light...."

This guy.

"For a long time people have said the moon affects our behaviour and you'll find no end of people prepared to swear blind that their hospital/police station/nursing home/nightclub is always worse on a full moon. However, the same people never seem to notice the effect during the day. If it was a tidal thing, low tide on a full moon falls at midday and midnight so any night time effect should be apparent in the day too.

Numerous proper studies have failed to find any correlation at all - it appears to be no more than superstition and a big dose of confirmation bias. "

Funny who I or other peoples actions never realized it was a full moon when those funny actions arose....coincidence?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There's unlikely to be anything but the placebo effect or the outcome of having more light at night.

The known forces of the moon are less than a few books or small objects a couple of feet from you.

I am a genuine lunartic, reacting to the moon being the origin of the word itself. It can make me off the wall hyperactive or drag my ass down..it's not always an upper lol.Can be like having an injection of adrenalin straight into bloodstream

Brighton - even Hove!

"There's unlikely to be anything but the placebo effect or the outcome of having more light at night.

The known forces of the moon are less than a few books or small objects a couple of feet from you. "

What about unknown forces?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Saw a beautiful setting of the moon couple of mornings ago, the sun was rising, so I think it was reflecting on the moon and was big and red and just dropped under the horizon

"For a long time people have said the moon affects our behaviour and you'll find no end of people prepared to swear blind that their hospital/police station/nursing home/nightclub is always worse on a full moon. However, the same people never seem to notice the effect during the day. If it was a tidal thing, low tide on a full moon falls at midday and midnight so any night time effect should be apparent in the day too.

Numerous proper studies have failed to find any correlation at all - it appears to be no more than superstition and a big dose of confirmation bias. "

This is all factual stuff and I've noted the studies find little correlation, but my venue door staff used to argue with me they needed an extra person when the full moon coincided with payday weekend, not the full moon per se.

Which perhaps might explain the night time effect. Lunacy mixed with more intoxicants due to more cash at that end of the month.

I agreed in the end. Extra person proved valuable...

The 1st full moon of the year is a Wolf moon, so stay off the moors.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

If the moon's gravitational pull moves our tides I am certain that it effects our brains. I have talked to psychriatic nurses and doctors who worked in asylums who swear that many of the inmates go crazier when there is a full moon. The word lunatic does not exist for nothing

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Can definitely tell at work, and on here

"If the moon's gravitational pull moves our tides I am certain that it effects our brains. I have talked to psychriatic nurses and doctors who worked in asylums who swear that many of the inmates go crazier when there is a full moon. The word lunatic does not exist for nothing "

If the moon can move the worlds ocean, then it must have an effect on our brains. Even animals behaviour changes.

"If the moon's gravitational pull moves our tides I am certain that it effects our brains. I have talked to psychriatic nurses and doctors who worked in asylums who swear that many of the inmates go crazier when there is a full moon. The word lunatic does not exist for nothing

If the moon can move the worlds ocean, then it must have an effect on our brains. Even animals behaviour changes."

Agree.

During the day we have the distractions of work and other everyday activities to occupy us, whilst at night that is greatly reduced for most people. If it doesn't have any effect, why do we keep talking about it?

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Find I have to shave more,

Like ever few minutes.

Swansea

Numerous proper studies have failed to find any correlation at all - it appears to be no more than superstition and a big dose of confirmation bias.

During the day we have the distractions of work and other everyday activities to occupy us, whilst at night that is greatly reduced for most people. If it doesn't have any effect, why do we keep talking about it?"

Why indeed?

Why do millions of people believe in Christianity, Islam or Judaism to pick just 3 mutually exclusive belief systems that have existed for thousands of years? Or so many people insist the earth is flat?

Neither the number of people who believe something nor the strength of their belief are good indicators of truth.

Swansea

"Find I have to shave more,

Like ever few minutes."

Brighton - even Hove!

During the day we have the distractions of work and other everyday activities to occupy us, whilst at night that is greatly reduced for most people. If it doesn't have any effect, why do we keep talking about it?

Why indeed?

Why do millions of people believe in Christianity, Islam or Judaism to pick just 3 mutually exclusive belief systems that have existed for thousands of years? Or so many people insist the earth is flat?

Neither the number of people who believe something nor the strength of their belief are good indicators of truth. "

Islam was founded in the 7th century.

Brighton - even Hove!

[Removed by poster at 11/01/20 21:25:40]

Swansea

Why indeed?

Neither the number of people who believe something nor the strength of their belief are good indicators of truth.

Islam was founded in the 7th century. "

Indeed, which makes it over 1000 years old with Christianity at 2000 and Judaism circa 4000 so I picked 'thousands' as the most common descriptor - centuries seemed too short for even Islam.

Brighton - even Hove!

Why indeed?

Indeed, which makes it over 1000 years old with Christianity at 2000 and Judaism circa 4000 so I picked 'thousands' as the most common descriptor - centuries seemed too short for even Islam."

I’m a right pedantic git

Swansea

Why indeed?

Indeed, which makes it over 1000 years old with Christianity at 2000 and Judaism circa 4000 so I picked 'thousands' as the most common descriptor - centuries seemed too short for even Islam. I’m a right pedantic git "

Absolutely nothing wrong with being pedantic - once we're start getting facts wrong we'll end up believing anything

» Add a new message to this topic