FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The cliques

The cliques

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Were you in a ‘clique’ at school? Which one?

I feel like my group of friends were the only lot in our year that weren’t. Maybe that in itself, made us a clique

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Were your group the female " Inbetweeners " ??

"Were your group the female " Inbetweeners " ?? "

Oh fuck no

We weren’t quite, we weren’t loud. Not popular, not unpopular. Not geeky, not stupid. Not chavvy, goths, emo, preppy etc. Just...I dunno. There.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think I was. At first school I wasn't popular in the slightest I spoke different to everyone else as I had moved up north from Hertfordshire and me being different wasn't welcomed

But by upper school I wouldnt say I was popular but I had loads of friends, although I wasn't in the popular group of girls at school I was good friends with the popular girls as I did cheerleading. But I was also good friends with the least popular so I suppose I was not in any cliques.

Belle

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Were your group the female " Inbetweeners " ??

Oh fuck no

We weren’t quite, we weren’t loud. Not popular, not unpopular. Not geeky, not stupid. Not chavvy, goths, emo, preppy etc. Just...I dunno. There. "

That proves my age , I dont even know what preppy is ??

"Were your group the female " Inbetweeners " ??

Oh fuck no

We weren’t quite, we weren’t loud. Not popular, not unpopular. Not geeky, not stupid. Not chavvy, goths, emo, preppy etc. Just...I dunno. There.

That proves my age , I dont even know what preppy is ?? "

I think it’s those posh folks

I loved school and it was different in the nineties. Stuff we used to do just wouldn’t be acceptable nowadays. Beautiful boys everywhere who used to lift our skirts up if we walked past or up the stairs and grab our bums. Nuts!

I was friends with everyone and had my close group, always having a laugh whilst learning of course.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I was in the 'fat fuckers'.

Normally found in the canteen or by a vending machine.

I don’t think my school had cliques, everyone got on with everyone. I was lucky I had such good girl friends that I’m still just as close friends with now i loved school

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I was in the sports clique, I was school sports captain at football, cricket and athletics.

Everyone just used to fight at break time to be honest

"Everyone just used to fight at break time to be honest"

The girls fights were brutal. Two of my friends fought; one grabbed the girls head and went to knee her in the face, so she bit open her fucking knee

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

At secondary school I wasn't in the popular clique until sometime in year 9 or 10, prior to that I had friends but they were the idiots and bad influences that my parents kept telling me to stop hanging around with. I was never one of the most popular but in my last two years at school I'd been accepted by the popular set as part of their 'outer circle'.

Looking back 20 something years later I can't believe how much all that used to matter to me

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I spent 4 years at middle school in goal so avoided the cliques,

In secondary i was the science geek

"I spent 4 years at middle school in goal so avoided the cliques,

In secondary i was the science geek"

I had 4 years of middle school too. I think it helps breaking down cliques because classes are smaller so everyone has to interact with everyone

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Having been to boarding school, it’s very natural that groups form that you are close to, trust and can talk to.

Yes there was the perceived popular group, the sport group, the geek group, you name it we had it.

It’s not something I ever got on with these separate groups. I was friends with who I wanted to be friends with from all different types of groups. If anyone tried to tell me I couldn’t talk or hang out with someone, they soon got the short sift of my tongue.

Acceptance of all and not who your friends want you to be friends with, starts with you being you and not what someone else wants you to be.

By *uesdaysfundayCouple  over a year ago

Sandbach

I remember meeting up in the pub with a couple of girls in my year who were in the clique a few years after we left school. They were asking after my friends. We spoke about the groups in school and one of them said that our group was so cool. We were a little weird and funky and cool. Apparently people loved it. I had no idea. Lol

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I was the quiet geek at school, the object for all bullies to do their bullying on, I had very few friends at secondary school.

"I was the quiet geek at school, the object for all bullies to do their bullying on, I had very few friends at secondary school."

I got bullied a lot until fourth year. Then at the very end of sixth year (which is the last year)

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I was the quiet geek at school, the object for all bullies to do their bullying on, I had very few friends at secondary school."

Id love to be your friend.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I was in a group of rejects I'd probably describe us as. The common thread that linked us was being bullied. But after all these years we're still friends, so that's definitely something positive to come from bullying

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Were you in a ‘clique’ at school? Which one?

I feel like my group of friends were the only lot in our year that weren’t. Maybe that in itself, made us a clique "

I had lots of mates who were female never been in any clique's

I was part of the popular group

On a mooch

It’s sad to hear so many have experienced bulling at school. It’s something I’ve always despised

I’m remembered from school ‘as the gobbie little one, who took no shit and put the bullies back in their box’

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

"I was the quiet geek at school, the object for all bullies to do their bullying on, I had very few friends at secondary school.

I got bullied a lot until fourth year. Then at the very end of sixth year (which is the last year)"

I went to school away from home, so I’d have my home friends (who were the goth/emo but cool group at their school) so had friends just not in school. When I went to 6th form, those friends were there and I could pretty much stick two fingers up at those at school.

Those friends are still my best friends now, we’re a very close knit group

I was generally outside of the cliques and regularly was outside the in group. The most blatant exclusion was when I got scapegoated by my so called group of friends a few times, for not being willing to follow the group in doing things I thought were wrong. That then moved onto deliberately being excluded by the broader cIique they were part of. Because of this and after a very lonely, depressing, long summer after my O levels I became part of a new spiritually oriented group that was quite inclusive, as we were always encouraging others to join us, but it was definitely outside of the norms. For the first time in my life I felt really included in a peer group and gradually took on a leadership role in it. It helped me immensely socially and became the foundations of what I now do for work, albeit without the overt spiritual connection.

STOKE ON TRENT

"It’s sad to hear so many have experienced bulling at school. It’s something I’ve always despised

I’m remembered from school ‘as the gobbie little one, who took no shit and put the bullies back in their box’

"

I was bullied a lot but always stuck up for my self and others got into alot of fights.

On a mooch

"It’s sad to hear so many have experienced bulling at school. It’s something I’ve always despised

I was bullied a lot but always stuck up for my self and others got into alot of fights."

Sorry to hear that. I wasn’t ever bullied, well not that I recognised it as such. I stuck up for me and others, I only had two physical fights at school both with the school bullies. The rest of the time I used to just go verbally toe to toe with them, when I’d catch them bullying or hear of them bullying, or anyone that was treating someone unfairly

STOKE ON TRENT

I was bullied a lot but always stuck up for my self and others got into alot of fights.

Sorry to hear that. I wasn’t ever bullied, well not that I recognised it as such. I stuck up for me and others, I only had two physical fights at school both with the school bullies. The rest of the time I used to just go verbally toe to toe with them, when I’d catch them bullying or hear of them bullying, or anyone that was treating someone unfairly "

It made me tough x

On a mooch

Sorry to hear that. I wasn’t ever bullied, well not that I recognised it as such. I stuck up for me and others, I only had two physical fights at school both with the school bullies. The rest of the time I used to just go verbally toe to toe with them, when I’d catch them bullying or hear of them bullying, or anyone that was treating someone unfairly

It made me tough x"

and a better person than them

STOKE ON TRENT

It made me tough x

and a better person than them "

I liked to flit between the cliques.

So many times i was asked what are you talking to such and such for they are (insert any insult here)

I carried it through life i dislike cliques in general. Ioke to explore everyone ideas thoughts etc.

Though sonetimes i find myself not welcome into a certain group, but that is fine by me.

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Just me myself and I ooohhohhohho

Just me myself and I......

I was bullied a lot but always stuck up for my self and others got into alot of fights."

I hated violence. I frightened myself as a 7 year old when I lost my temper with a lad who had tormented me for months. I pushed him in the cloakroom and he caught his cheek on a clothes peg because he was standing on the bench so he could punch me in the face. He was a lot shorter than me. He tore his cheek open and needed 18 stitches. Give him his due he said he fell and never ever bothered me again.

After that incident I swore I wouldn’t fight. There were for incidents where I was attacked by other lads. I never retaliated once.

I had teeth that stuck out so needed a brace to straighten them. I was nicknamed goofy (or dumbo because of my big ears). One lad took exception to me in the playground and punched me in the mouth. But because my teeth stuck out he came off much worse because he caught his knuckles on my teeth and ripped cut them quite badly.

Another one I fended off by placing my hand on his forehead because his arms were too short to reach me. He flailed a lot but never connected.

The other two were opportunist punches. One a coward from another school who just threw a punch at me as I got on the bus and ran off.

The other I was on the way to work in a local community centre with a friend in a notoriously rough area. Three young men with a bicycle decided they didn’t like the way we were chatting and laughing and confronted us. The used the bike to prevent us running away easily. My mate being a very good athlete - steeplechaser and high jumper to name just a couple of the events he competed in - hurdled the bike and sprinted off. Leaving me, unable to repeat such an athletic feat, at their mercy. One of them hit me hard above my right eye immediately drawing blood. I smiled at him and told him I was just off to meet the group leader at the local community centre. They turned and fled. I don’t know how I got away with just a few stitches over my eye but that was my last experience of physical violence. Needless to say I didn’t think as much of my friend after the incident for leaving me there, but he was scared so it’s forgivable.

I was in the smokers cliche. Some girl in our group had a guy who had been excluded, hop over the fence during break, and throw bong water over her. She stunk. They wouldent let her go home. She fucked off any ways. I didn't really spend alot of time at school. I had better things to do.

STOKE ON TRENT

I hated violence. I frightened myself as a 7 year old when I lost my temper with a lad who had tormented me for months. I pushed him in the cloakroom and he caught his cheek on a clothes peg because he was standing on the bench so he could punch me in the face. He was a lot shorter than me. He tore his cheek open and needed 18 stitches. Give him his due he said he fell and never ever bothered me again.

After that incident I swore I wouldn’t fight. There were for incidents where I was attacked by other lads. I never retaliated once.

I had teeth that stuck out so needed a brace to straighten them. I was nicknamed goofy (or dumbo because of my big ears). One lad took exception to me in the playground and punched me in the mouth. But because my teeth stuck out he came off much worse because he caught his knuckles on my teeth and ripped cut them quite badly.

Another one I fended off by placing my hand on his forehead because his arms were too short to reach me. He flailed a lot but never connected.

The other two were opportunist punches. One a coward from another school who just threw a punch at me as I got on the bus and ran off.

The other I was on the way to work in a local community centre with a friend in a notoriously rough area. Three young men with a bicycle decided they didn’t like the way we were chatting and laughing and confronted us. The used the bike to prevent us running away easily. My mate being a very good athlete - steeplechaser and high jumper to name just a couple of the events he competed in - hurdled the bike and sprinted off. Leaving me, unable to repeat such an athletic feat, at their mercy. One of them hit me hard above my right eye immediately drawing blood. I smiled at him and told him I was just off to meet the group leader at the local community centre. They turned and fled. I don’t know how I got away with just a few stitches over my eye but that was my last experience of physical violence. Needless to say I didn’t think as much of my friend after the incident for leaving me there, but he was scared so it’s forgivable."

I was and wasnt i was in all the sports teams but i was such a bad kid they kept taking me ice skating to get out of school so win win

» Add a new message to this topic