FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > do you trust a 1st message asking for facepics

do you trust a 1st message asking for facepics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ive got no problem sending facepics, but when you get a message from someone asking for facepics...are these profiles real???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In your situation I would just think that they like your body pics and your bio and want to see if they like your face as well.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

its not a case of trusting as such we just wouldn't do it.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Virtuosa

If somebody messages me first I would think it only polite for them to send a face pic first

i havent done an said if thats all your after i wish you well, move on

then i got a essay back saying blah blah blah

surely you would wanna chat an find a bit more out before so

"ive got no problem sending facepics, but when you get a message from someone asking for facepics...are these profiles real???"

Face is more important than anything, i dont message asking but it is in my profile you must message with 1, i am always happy to return if i like what i see.

I only hide my face to stop people i know screenshotting me anyway x

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

"In your situation I would just think that they like your body pics and your bio and want to see if they like your face as well. "

This

very true _adet, that sounds fair but they will not send so i havent

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I wouldn’t ... just no!

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Virtuosa

"very true _adet, that sounds fair but they will not send so i havent"

Stick to your guns fella

Did they send or have em?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"If somebody messages me first I would think it only polite for them to send a face pic first "
This. If I message first then I will always attach a photo

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

I dont message profiles with no pics. If i did message someone whos profile and faceless pics caught my eye, id ask to exchange within the first few messages.

I dont see the point talking to someone for whatever a " while" is to see if there is a connection first... to then find i/they dont find the other attractive.

If the message was nothing more than "Can I have your face pic?" or summit like that then yeah ignore because that's actually quite rude in my opinion. If its "You have a great profile, interesting bio and a fantastic body. Can I see your face?" or something like this then I wouldn't have a problem sending but my message would include a request to see theirs.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

No I only send a face pic when comfortable. You do what suits you OP and not others demands of you

profiles now been hidden

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Get regular "Hi, got a face pic hun?" type messages & I always politely decline. Had a few get quite stroppy about it.

thankyou all for the advice an honest words, has helped thankyou x

"i havent done an said if thats all your after i wish you well, move on

surely you would wanna chat an find a bit more out before so"

My way of doing things: receive a message, go to profile, meets my criteria, decent blurb, decent pics, engage with a message, ask for face pic in that or next pic. Why? Cos I want to see if there's an initial facial attraction. No point keep exchanging messages and then think "argh minger". Actually I am sometimes pleasantly surprised .

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

My face pics are displayed on profile, I always ask for a face pic after first message if none on profile, its not blind date after all x

"If the message was nothing more than "Can I have your face pic?" or summit like that then yeah ignore because that's actually quite rude in my opinion. If its "You have a great profile, interesting bio and a fantastic body. Can I see your face?" or something like this then I wouldn't have a problem sending but my message would include a request to see theirs."

Rude? What codswallop. If you see someone you like in a club, you'll approach them. Here, you have to approach first and hope for attraction.

"profiles now been hidden"

You lickle liar

"If the message was nothing more than "Can I have your face pic?" or summit like that then yeah ignore because that's actually quite rude in my opinion. If its "You have a great profile, interesting bio and a fantastic body. Can I see your face?" or something like this then I wouldn't have a problem sending but my message would include a request to see theirs.

Rude? What codswallop. If you see someone you like in a club, you'll approach them. Here, you have to approach first and hope for attraction. "

You dont think its rude to ask someone for a picture of themselves without attempting to engage them in conversation first?

I do.

"If the message was nothing more than "Can I have your face pic?" or summit like that then yeah ignore because that's actually quite rude in my opinion. If its "You have a great profile, interesting bio and a fantastic body. Can I see your face?" or something like this then I wouldn't have a problem sending but my message would include a request to see theirs.

Rude? What codswallop. If you see someone you like in a club, you'll approach them. Here, you have to approach first and hope for attraction.

You dont think its rude to ask someone for a picture of themselves without attempting to engage them in conversation first?

I do."

No I don't. Whether the recipient wants to send a pic is up to them. I gave the example of SEEING someone in a club, because looks form the initial attraction for most people.

i get the facepic thing i dont mind sending em if asked, but after reading through a few profiles an reading about fake profiles i thought id ask what peoples thoughts were...thanks again people

"i get the facepic thing i dont mind sending em if asked, but after reading through a few profiles an reading about fake profiles i thought id ask what peoples thoughts were...thanks again people"

If the profile is War and Peace, then they are unlikely to be fake (unless the blurb is stolen).

haa being honest my lov, its hidden...

blurb???

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Don't send photos to a hidden profile.

"haa being honest my lov, its hidden... "

Your profile Borris, is live.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

If you want a face pic of me send one of you with your request. Simple as that. If it doesn't happen I won't be sending mine. Exceptions made for those with public face pics.

If I want one of you I will ask and send one of me with the request. Obviously nobody is required or expected to return the gesture if there is no attraction.

"blurb???"

Like on the back of the book - a write up, in this context, of yourself and wants.

By *234 hot sairaTV/TS  over a year ago

west midland

Oh yes

I've never had one.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Yeah if they ask they get them, I trust them.

Nope

im with ya

No don't trust them

I do.

No I don't. Whether the recipient wants to send a pic is up to them. I gave the example of SEEING someone in a club, because looks form the initial attraction for most people. "

I agree with your initial attraction bit and how things might go down at a club. I think on an internet site it's a little different, particularly this one which includes a possible majority of users not displaying public face pics. In my opinion, and it is only that, it is polite to begin a conversation before requesting a pic and not start this way. The reason I think its rude is because say I send you a pic after your initial request and you dont like the look of me, if you weren't prepared to start a chat first then the likelihood is you wont reply to my pic with "sorry your not my type", instead you'll not reply so as to not waste time and effort. That leaves me hanging and in particular wondering who the hell I have just given my face pic to?

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

Only if they send one first or already have one on their profile

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

I only send one if I feel a connection after a few conversations

I do.

No I don't. Whether the recipient wants to send a pic is up to them. I gave the example of SEEING someone in a club, because looks form the initial attraction for most people.

I agree with your initial attraction bit and how things might go down at a club. I think on an internet site it's a little different, particularly this one which includes a possible majority of users not displaying public face pics. In my opinion, and it is only that, it is polite to begin a conversation before requesting a pic and not start this way. The reason I think its rude is because say I send you a pic after your initial request and you dont like the look of me, if you weren't prepared to start a chat first then the likelihood is you wont reply to my pic with "sorry your not my type", instead you'll not reply so as to not waste time and effort. That leaves me hanging and in particular wondering who the hell I have just given my face pic to?"

Personally, if someone has honoured my request, I will respond even if it's to say thanks but no thanks.

I do."

I totally agree with you Its very rude. As you say a half decent message and requesting a pic is fine, but when no effort is made then no chance.

I kind of equate it to when i get messages that say nothing more than “fancy a bj”, no i dont and even if i did, im not going to get one off you ha, im not desperate!

I speak as a hugely average middle aged man. I know what i am so I do not expect many messages, especially off woman.

Ps look forward to corrections off wannabe teachers because i have not used correct punctuation.

I do.

I totally agree with you Its very rude. As you say a half decent message and requesting a pic is fine, but when no effort is made then no chance.

I kind of equate it to when i get messages that say nothing more than “fancy a bj”, no i dont and even if i did, im not going to get one off you ha, im not desperate!

I speak as a hugely average middle aged man. I know what i am so I do not expect many messages, especially off woman.

Ps look forward to corrections off wannabe teachers because i have not used correct punctuation. "

It's readable

Yes, it's not blind date.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I request one in a first message from anyone, if they wink at me I'll message asking for a face pic. If they don't want to send one that's fine but the conversation will go no further, I don't want to chat to someone and waste time if there's no attraction.

"haa being honest my lov, its hidden...

Your profile Borris, is live. "

there profiles hidden not mine lol

I had a message from a shadow asking for a face pic yesterday, I’m normally polite, but I blocked and deleted. It’s cheeky and/or I don’t trust it.

I wouldn’t ‘not trust’ them, but I wouldn’t send my face pic either

That comes after more chat

No, probably photo hunters

Nope

Face is the most important thing, can see your chin in one of your pics which shows promise of handsomeness. I’d want you to quickly get your face out to see if you were worth pursuing. I’d possibly send a first message saying you look like you could be handsome, can I see you?

By *eviantdeeliteCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

surely you would wanna chat an find a bit more out before so"

Why? Profile tempted them, so they want to see if they fancy you...simple as that

By *eviantdeeliteCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Face is the most important thing, can see your chin in one of your pics which shows promise of handsomeness. I’d want you to quickly get your face out to see if you were worth pursuing. I’d possibly send a first message saying you look like you could be handsome, can I see you? "

Exactly

I always send a face pic with my first message. If someone contacts me without one, I'll ask for one within the first couple of messages. If they don't want to send one, the conversation is usually over.

How do these people expect to talk their way towards a meet without ever showing their face? Are they going to turn up in a balaclava?

After reading these messages on here it appears I should remove my face pics from profile

dont see why it really matters

Face is the deciding factor. Body could be immense, dick could be dragging on the floor like a rake but without a face someone finds attractive a meet just won’t happen.

Yep. When I was meeting I’d want a face pic in the first message or I wouldn’t be replying (if I didn’t find you attractive I wouldn’t reply anyway). No point in wasting our time chatting, just to realise I don’t find you attractive when you eventually do send a face picture.

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Face is the deciding factor. Body could be immense, dick could be dragging on the floor like a rake but without a face someone finds attractive a meet just won’t happen. "

Exactly!! There has to be attraction xx

"Face is the deciding factor. Body could be immense, dick could be dragging on the floor like a rake but without a face someone finds attractive a meet just won’t happen.

Exactly!! There has to be attraction xx"

very nice profile, nice face pics and "panda eyes" tried to mail to tell you, but you dont accept mail

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

If it's somebody who appeals to us from their message, profile and photos they yes we would send face photos, as long as they have sent theirs.

If we are going to start up a conversation with somebody, we think it's important to know what each other looks like early on. Our rule is whoever makes the first contact has to send the first face photos.

It's only about the looks if we invite a single in to our relationship.

If it's a couple then it's about how we all click, if there is some all round attraction that's good enough for us.

By *uesdaysfundayCouple  over a year ago

Sandbach

Not if it is on the first message. After a few and they feel ok and their porfile is ok, and they seem to have read ours, then facepic swaps are fine. If they were to ask straight away then to be honest my hackles would be up straight away

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

My way of doing things: receive a message, go to profile, meets my criteria, decent blurb, decent pics, engage with a message, ask for face pic in that or next pic. Why? Cos I want to see if there's an initial facial attraction. No point keep exchanging messages and then think "argh minger". Actually I am sometimes pleasantly surprised . "

Minger. what a lovely way to describe others.

[Removed by poster at 08/01/20 10:07:23]

My way of doing things: receive a message, go to profile, meets my criteria, decent blurb, decent pics, engage with a message, ask for face pic in that or next pic. Why? Cos I want to see if there's an initial facial attraction. No point keep exchanging messages and then think "argh minger". Actually I am sometimes pleasantly surprised .

Minger. what a lovely way to describe others.

"

I have all the charm

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I always send a face pic with my first message. If someone contacts me without one, I'll ask for one within the first couple of messages. If they don't want to send one, the conversation is usually over.

How do these people expect to talk their way towards a meet without ever showing their face? Are they going to turn up in a balaclava?"

Hmmm

*unpacks balaclava*

some great comments here, thankyou

its safe to say i have a better understanding of fab an the people using the site

have fun fabbers thanks again xxx

I'd just send them my silhouette

"Face is the deciding factor. Body could be immense, dick could be dragging on the floor like a rake but without a face someone finds attractive a meet just won’t happen. "

100% agree with this! I’m happy to send face pics and would expect a guy to send them too. You can’t be attracted to just a dick and a body!!!

totally agree but with the shoe on the other foot of course

By *zQTWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I wouldn’t say the profile is fake. But I wouldn’t send my face pics to them either

"I always send a face pic with my first message. If someone contacts me without one, I'll ask for one within the first couple of messages. If they don't want to send one, the conversation is usually over.

How do these people expect to talk their way towards a meet without ever showing their face? Are they going to turn up in a balaclava?

Hmmm

*unpacks balaclava* "

Don't go giving me a balaclava fetish. I'm weird enough as it is!

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

No idea but we don't tend to send photos on a first message. If people are genuinely interested then they won't mind exchanging a few messages first before the dreaded face pic swap.

Nope and i dont like when im sent face pictures unasked for.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Hmmm

*unpacks balaclava*

Don't go giving me a balaclava fetish. I'm weird enough as it is! "

Tempting

» Add a new message to this topic