FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Totally fed up.

Totally fed up.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Since the middle of December, I've had the noro virus, followed by a nasty cold that just about cleared up last week.

And today, I woke up with a chesty cough, burning eyes, a streaming nose and a headache!!! FFS.

Any quick ways I can boost my immune system? I'm taking echinacea and aconite 30c on the hour today (homeopathic remedy)

Your sympathy is also welcome!

PS: Before December, I can't remember the last time I was ill.....

Niki x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

Sending love and get better wishes. I’ve been down with the nasty cold and cough but feel on the mend now. Hope you’re back to health soon.

Thank you, Estella. Hope it clears up completely for you soon!

xN

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Bloody hell you're having a tough time. Wish I had some remedies for but I don't.

Hope things pick up for you quickly x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That’s rotten ... get well soon

B38

"Sending love and get better wishes. I’ve been down with the nasty cold and cough but feel on the mend now. Hope you’re back to health soon. "

Glad you're on the mend x

Thanks Anabelle, and Floro - hope so too.

I'm not used to being ill, and it's super annoying.

xN

By *ersnickety PantsWoman  over a year ago

Club Meets Only

Urgh hope you feel better soon OP. Its awful being ill at the best of times never mind being unwell for so long.

Oh eck, get some Vitamin B12 in you, great immune system booster !

Think about it this way, you’ll be fit as a fiddle for the rest of the year

Vitamin B12

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I don't know how much it helps but I have a Berocca multivitamin every morning which is meant to boost immunity. Other than that just sleep/rest enough and try to cut stress out where possible.

By *ob longMan  over a year ago

Swansea

Try hot garlic chilli and broccoli chicken soup. It heats up the body. Forcing out the virus

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

As someone who is never sick and is only now recovering from a bad flu (the first in years!), you certainly have my sympathies

Sucks to be sick. I've no patience for it!

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

Vitamin D and C plus zinc. Amazing boosts for the immune system.

Get well soon OP

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You could try sweating out a cold by drinking plenty of hot water with lemon in ( to boost your vitamin c) and honey (natural antibacterial) and getting into a sleeping bag with a hot water bottle and wrap yourself in a duvet and sweat sweat sweat.

Thanks everyone!

I'm on ALL the vitamins - should have mentioned it in my OP. B12, D, C, you name it.

It sucks. I'm making my chicken soup recipe that has been passed on down the lines of my family - lots of veg in it, and a combination of lemon and egg - sounds yuk but works a treat!

xN

Get well soon i have no cure

"You could try sweating out a cold by drinking plenty of hot water with lemon in ( to boost your vitamin c) and honey (natural antibacterial) and getting into a sleeping bag with a hot water bottle and wrap yourself in a duvet and sweat sweat sweat. "

Yep - sweat is my friend! I'll be getting the vix out tonight, never thought of a sleeping bag! Bingo!

Thanks!

N x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

God, I'm sorry.

I can't help. My health is awful. I'd like a time machine to split my parents up

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I've been the same since about November and I'm never normally poorly x its driving me nuts

"You could try sweating out a cold by drinking plenty of hot water with lemon in ( to boost your vitamin c) and honey (natural antibacterial) and getting into a sleeping bag with a hot water bottle and wrap yourself in a duvet and sweat sweat sweat.

Yep - sweat is my friend! I'll be getting the vix out tonight, never thought of a sleeping bag! Bingo!

Thanks!

N x"

*vicks*

LOL xN

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

himself was getting sick constantly too (thank you children germs)

Hes taking vitamin c (powdered -adds it to his water), Zinc, omega 3 and magnesium

"himself was getting sick constantly too (thank you children germs)

Hes taking vitamin c (powdered -adds it to his water), Zinc, omega 3 and magnesium"

Oooh - I wonder if taking vitamin c in powder hits your system sooner... I'll check that out, thank you.

xN

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

For the vitamin C a timed release tablet is best as it's a water soluble vitamin and so your body with flush out the excess at the time of taking ,whereas slow release gives you the maximum benefit throughout the day . Manuka honey is another good addition for illness xx

"Try hot garlic chilli and broccoli chicken soup. It heats up the body. Forcing out the virus "

Missed this Rob - I'm having chicken soup tonight, but I'm going to make a very spicy curry tomorrow night with broccoli, (which I'll probably regret on Tuesday as I've got a day driving and meetings all day! But if it makes me feel better, it will be well worth it!

Thanks!

xN

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"himself was getting sick constantly too (thank you children germs)

Hes taking vitamin c (powdered -adds it to his water), Zinc, omega 3 and magnesium

Oooh - I wonder if taking vitamin c in powder hits your system sooner... I'll check that out, thank you.

xN"

Honestly ive no idea but hes saying i should be taking them too given we have 4 kids (3 of which are in school and appear to be germ factories) ive two here sick again and its a bloody nightmare.

But he hasnt had even a sniffle since he started taking all this back in november

"

Since the middle of December, I've had the noro virus, followed by a nasty cold that just about cleared up last week.

And today, I woke up with a chesty cough, burning eyes, a streaming nose and a headache!!! FFS.

Any quick ways I can boost my immune system? I'm taking echinacea and aconite 30c on the hour today (homeopathic remedy)

Niki x

"

Niki, foreign bodies and viruses absolutely hate garlic. They get out asap!! Get a couple of crushed cloves in you tonight with some lemon.

You probably won't be popular for a couple of days lol, but it works x

I have been poorly since the first day of my annual leave and still am and back in work tonight. Started with flu the day before christmas eve and now have sinusitis and a chest infection.

Sending lots of sympathy to you. Can't offer advice, sending well wishes xxx

"

Niki x

Niki, foreign bodies and viruses absolutely hate garlic. They get out asap!! Get a couple of crushed cloves in you tonight with some lemon.

You probably won't be popular for a couple of days lol, but it works x"

Will pickled garlic cloves work? They are probably slightly more palatable raw! I do have fresh pink garlic too if not... I'm trying this before I get to bed!

xN

PS: Poor Tom - he'lll be sleeping next to a sweaty, stinky, cranky, sniffling, coughing mess!

By *hite_peonyWoman  over a year ago

South East

Zinc tablets are good if taken in the first 48 hours of symptoms. Get better soon xo

"I have been poorly since the first day of my annual leave and still am and back in work tonight. Started with flu the day before christmas eve and now have sinusitis and a chest infection.

Sending lots of sympathy to you. Can't offer advice, sending well wishes xxx "

Oh no!!! Typical.... how frustrating for you - hope you feel better soon too! xxN

By *epsonWoman  over a year ago

Biddulph

"For the vitamin C a timed release tablet is best as it's a water soluble vitamin and so your body with flush out the excess at the time of taking ,whereas slow release gives you the maximum benefit throughout the day . Manuka honey is another good addition for illness xx"

This and selenium for long term immune boost.

"

Niki x

Will pickled garlic cloves work? They are probably slightly more palatable raw! I do have fresh pink garlic too if not... I'm trying this before I get to bed!

xN

PS: Poor Tom - he'lll be sleeping next to a sweaty, stinky, cranky, sniffling, coughing mess!

"

Go for the fresh pink, it will still contain what's needed.

And get some inside Tom too or he'll be next! X

"

Niki x

xN

And get some inside Tom too or he'll be next! X"

Oh christ - he'll really love me tonight, won't he? LOL - right I'm en route to giving my team (and my dentist; I have my hygienist appt Tuesday) a REAL reason to hate me. Ha!

xN

Aw I hope you get better soon it sounds horrendous for you x

I’ve been taking vitamin C and Vitamin D along with a multi Vitamin for a few years ago and not really felt that ill like I used to get colds sore throats coughs a couple of times a year before I started taking them I think it certainly helps ... hope you are well soon! X

By *aughtyLondonGuyMan  over a year ago

london

I’ve had family and friends with the big for 2 months

Just a quick note for all of you that have commented and I've not replied directly.

I'm so grateful for your replies, I'm feeling a little sorry for myself right now, and it's not like me at all.

So whether you are recovering from the same, or you are in bad health, or you've come up with suggestions or just the sympathy, thank you so much.

I'm going to sip my soup, chew my garlic lemon concoction, have an epsom salt bath with tea tree and lavender, lather myself with vicks and wrap myself in the sleeping bag (that will from tomorrow end up in the bin!!!). Here's to a sweaty and stinky night!

Thanks again and goodnight. Obviously any further suggestions will be welcomed!

xxx Niki

"

Niki x

xN

And get some inside Tom too or he'll be next! X

Oh christ - he'll really love me tonight, won't he? LOL - right I'm en route to giving my team (and my dentist; I have my hygienist appt Tuesday) a REAL reason to hate me. Ha!

xN"

Lol what's not to love about you Niki!!, and I'm sure dentists have come across lots worse, it's not an offensive smell! Chew on some parsley just before. X

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Hi HnHnH,

Sorry to hear you are run down. The legitimate road to recovery is .....

1. Sleep

2. Water

3. Eat the rainbow...... not just the same fruit, veg and protein each day but changing the fruits around and the veg and the protein. Make sure you include a variety of citrus.( personally I don't like em )

If you feel you want a boost take a multi vit but in all honesty people don't need them. They don't need them at all.

Just for a bit steer clear of Booze, Coffee and Tea ( if you can ) and sugar..... leave it on the shelf for three months.

Hope you recover soon. A cold seems minor but when it runs you down everything else seems harder.

Take care of you. x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

According to Nobby Know All's book of everything.......

A cold will run it's course. You can't force it out with anything.

Sip soup n munch garlic for how it makes you feel but the cold will not move off quicker...... I promise.

( my go to is brandy coffee but I don't believe its a cure...... it's just ace and warming )

Thanks, everyone. Feeling more human today in body and spirit! xN

B38

"

Thanks, everyone. Feeling more human today in body and spirit! xN

"

That's good to hear..long may it continue x

» Add a new message to this topic