FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Forum running club week 2

Forum running club week 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ikeC81 OP   Man  over a year ago

harrow

It’s Sunday so that means it’s a new week.

I know last week was a short week because of the holidays.

I think with Parkruns being on a Saturday it is easier to have this updated on Sunday

No running for me today as legs are very heavy indeed. So a couple of rest days and maybe a light jog later in week on Tuesday morning

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m thinking of joining the hove to run and start a 0 to 5k

Brighton - even Hove!

"I’m thinking of joining the hove to run and start a 0 to 5k "
hove park run

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Whilst we are visiting north Wales this weekend we are going to run a half marathon training run today using the first half of the Snowdon marathon route.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m planning two runs this week coming. I can’t do park runs as I have a pole dancing class but I do have a 5k buddy I’ll be calling on on Saturday afternoons. Other run day will be Wednesday I think. Cross training with two pole classes and a swim - I reckon I’ll be ok!

harrow

"I’m thinking of joining the hove to run and start a 0 to 5k hove park run "

My advice is that if you know you can run a 5km then go for it. But if it you not sure I would put in a couple of 3.5 / 4 km runs to get used to running for that time.

I still struggle between 3.5km and 4.5km - last 0.5km you know you are about to finished. That is more a fitness thing for me and I know that will come over time

First run back after time off over Christmas

Steady 4 miles done. Need to put some planning in to this year. Yorkshire marathon will be my tilt at sub 4 hours

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

I did Parkruns Saturday 28th, New Years Day, and yesterday lol! Normally only do a Saturday morning, but New Year’s Day was a ‘why not?’ My legs are feeling tired this morning though

By *ikingpairCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Managed just over 4 miles yesterday with a bit of walking. I've signed up for the RED January so thinking I'm going to work up to running 10k by end of month.

harrow

"Managed just over 4 miles yesterday with a bit of walking. I've signed up for the RED January so thinking I'm going to work up to running 10k by end of month. "

Wow I would love to do a 10k but not sure at the moment with the weight I am carrying I could do that. Maybe if I done 7.5 min km I could possible

Maybe that could be a longer term goal to do a 10km by the end of the year for me

harrow

"I did Parkruns Saturday 28th, New Years Day, and yesterday lol! Normally only do a Saturday morning, but New Year’s Day was a ‘why not?’ My legs are feeling tired this morning though "

I done all 3 as well

My legs are actually feeling ok. Tied yes and definitely needing a few rest days

My plan for this week is to run either a light 3km on Tuesday / Wednesday morning before I leave for the office. Not sure what routes yet as depend as I could be in London or in Manchester.

If I do it on Tuesday I will follow up with a 2km on Thursday with a 5km park run on Saturday. If it is Wednesday then I will just be a straight 3km with nothing else till Saturday’s Park Run

By *oulja_01000Man  over a year ago

North East

Getting back into my running as I prepare for a marathon in Italy in April!...

Parkrun yesterday went well, A sub 25mins 5k but still struggling to maintain an even pace. Find I slow down substantially off my pace in the last mile... Any advise?

By *anther81Man  over a year ago

Drogheda

Would love to have the motivation to do a run but just plain lazy to even finish this...

Dr's appointment in Monday and hoping for the all clear to resume gym and running!! I miss it so much

"Getting back into my running as I prepare for a marathon in Italy in April!...

Parkrun yesterday went well, A sub 25mins 5k but still struggling to maintain an even pace. Find I slow down substantially off my pace in the last mile... Any advise? "

Start slower. It really is that simple

Parkrun yesterday went well, A sub 25mins 5k but still struggling to maintain an even pace. Find I slow down substantially off my pace in the last mile... Any advise? "

You are going off too quickly

I used to do it and it’s a skill to learn to ease off at the start and save some for the end

harrow

Parkrun yesterday went well, A sub 25mins 5k but still struggling to maintain an even pace. Find I slow down substantially off my pace in the last mile... Any advise?

You are going off too quickly

I used to do it and it’s a skill to learn to ease off at the start and save some for the end "

I would say what the other have said as well!!!! I have learnt over the last 5 park runs to run my own race, not starting to quick Which is quiet difficult. Luckily having my running app tell me my pace each 0.5km is good.

My first race my first 2km was 5.56 a km!!!! With last 2km being 6.31 an average

My last race my first 2km was 5.50 a km with last 2km being 6.10 on average

That’s showing that my later km fitness is Improving.

All good signs.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"I did Parkruns Saturday 28th, New Years Day, and yesterday lol! Normally only do a Saturday morning, but New Year’s Day was a ‘why not?’ My legs are feeling tired this morning though

I done all 3 as well

My legs are actually feeling ok. Tied yes and definitely needing a few rest days

My plan for this week is to run either a light 3km on Tuesday / Wednesday morning before I leave for the office. Not sure what routes yet as depend as I could be in London or in Manchester.

If I do it on Tuesday I will follow up with a 2km on Thursday with a 5km park run on Saturday. If it is Wednesday then I will just be a straight 3km with nothing else till Saturday’s Park Run

"

No more runs for me until Parkrun again on Saturday, I’ll just be doing some core work with my kettlebell and dumbbells, and two Fab meets during the week

First run with my running club today, a gentle 10km making it 25 miles for the week. Amd more importantly got my place in Cader Idris fell race, given that it sold out in 35 minutes well chuffed to get in!

"First run with my running club today, a gentle 10km making it 25 miles for the week. Amd more importantly got my place in Cader Idris fell race, given that it sold out in 35 minutes well chuffed to get in!"

Nice work - on both counts

"First run with my running club today, a gentle 10km making it 25 miles for the week. Amd more importantly got my place in Cader Idris fell race, given that it sold out in 35 minutes well chuffed to get in!

Nice work - on both counts "

Cheers! I'm glad to have finally ran with the club. I want to up my mileage and the evening runs in particular will help with that.

As for Cader, I've been watching videos and it looks tough!!! Still Hertfordshire is famous for its mountains so training for it should be easy

By *r_FaustusMan  over a year ago

Northampton

Parkruns for me on 21st, 25th, 28th Dec and 1st Jan (consistent but not quick). Alas, did a 13 hour shift (and took calls overnight) yesterday, worked the morning this morning; and I get to repeat that the next two days. Joy. Some Bodyweight work this evening.

Aiming to run once this week before the next parkrun on Saturday

First run since picking up a serious injury today.

3miles in the tank, 25mins.

Look forward to improving and getting back to where I was

harrow

Planning a 3km for tommorow- looking at 6.20 to 6.15 a km

"Planning a 3km for tommorow- looking at 6.20 to 6.15 a km"

KM stats are messing with my head, I'm still minute miling!

Still HR zone training...frustrating feeling but having faith in training plans.

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Did 3k yesterday at 4:50/km and will be doing at least 3km tomorrow again. Anything sub 5min/km I’m happy with. It’s my gym warm up

harrow

"Planning a 3km for tommorow- looking at 6.20 to 6.15 a km"

Just set alarm for 5.30 am

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Dreadmill at the gym tonight.

4:00/km intervals for 5 minutes and two minute recovery, for 40 minutes

Brighton - even Hove!

I did a combination walk/jog/run this evening as it’s been the first time for about a year due to a back injury. Went better than I had hoped for.

harrow

Ooooo I have just taken my blood pressure and I may have to get my top number down a little

But that will come with weight loss and change of diet!!!!!

Brighton - even Hove!

"Ooooo I have just taken my blood pressure and I may have to get my top number down a little

But that will come with weight loss and change of diet!!!!!

"

perving pics does that

By *ne4meMan  over a year ago

London

Bought new trainers at the weekend and new gps watch as I start my training again. A 2 mile run midweek then my First 4 mile run in a year, so a steady 40 minutes and no injuries or niggles, a couple more training runs the back to park run and cross country races soon

harrow

First ever 6km today!!! Never jogged that before. Ok the pace was not quick at all but 40.27 for 6km (6.44 a km)

Hard work but deliberately cut back pace so that I could add another Km in!!!!!!

But fitness I can do it now

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Finally shaken a niggly cough & general crappiness over Christmas, building up 8km, 9km to 10km since new year, 12km in the dark tonight, steady 5:15-5:30 per km, speedwork & hills later, first race Feb 29th.

Mrs here i hate running, think my body isnt made for it neither is my little legs. I have to force myself, i will have good legs one day .

When did we start running in mins/km? I didn’t get that memo

Ho Chi Minge City

"When did we start running in mins/km? I didn’t get that memo "

Metric system been around since the 70’s

"When did we start running in mins/km? I didn’t get that memo

Metric system been around since the 70’s "

Thank you Captain Obvious

harrow

"First ever 6km today!!! Never jogged that before. Ok the pace was not quick at all but 40.27 for 6km (6.44 a km)

Hard work but deliberately cut back pace so that I could add another Km in!!!!!!

But fitness I can do it now "

So looking at today’s results in more detail:

In October I struggled to run 3km at the pace let alone another 20 mins more activity. In addition my average heart rate this morning was actually the same as in October for twice as much activity.

So clearly longer term fitness has improved

harrow

Thank you Captain Obvious "

I used to run in miles but then everyone said well can you run 5km in 30 mins (I can just). So in the end switching to km. easier to work our split pace as well.

Ho Chi Minge City

I used to run in miles but then everyone said well can you run 5km in 30 mins (I can just). So in the end switching to km. easier to work our split pace as well. "

Exactly! Nobody ever heard of a 3.10686 mile park run but there are thousands of 5k park runs, hence why it’s obvious

I used to run in miles but then everyone said well can you run 5km in 30 mins (I can just). So in the end switching to km. easier to work our split pace as well.

Exactly! Nobody ever heard of a 3.10686 mile park run but there are thousands of 5k park runs, hence why it’s obvious "

Everyone?

Those big ole signs on the side of the road - what unit do they use again?

harrow

Exactly! Nobody ever heard of a 3.10686 mile park run but there are thousands of 5k park runs, hence why it’s obvious

Everyone?

Those big ole signs on the side of the road - what unit do they use again? "

Miles lol Tbh we could do a 3 mile but I don’t know why it ever changed lol

Everyone?

Those big ole signs on the side of the road - what unit do they use again?

Miles lol Tbh we could do a 3 mile but I don’t know why it ever changed lol "

Am I the only runner that happily switches between the 2?

6 miles with my running club tonight. Should have joined a club a long time ago!!

harrow

"First ever 6km today!!! Never jogged that before. Ok the pace was not quick at all but 40.27 for 6km (6.44 a km)

But fitness I can do it now

So looking at today’s results in more detail:

In October I struggled to run 3km at the pace let alone another 20 mins more activity. In addition my average heart rate this morning was actually the same as in October for twice as much activity.

So clearly longer term fitness has improved

"

That basically meant for a 20% increase in distance my speed was only impacted by 12.5% decrease in pace per Km. So actually overall I should be a lot happy than what I was!!!

harrow

I am planning a light 2km tomorrow. Going to try and do 5*400 meter interval training to see what the impact is

What do we all do for cross training. I’ve never really cross trained in the past but have started doing some yoga now. It is showing up just how short my hamstrings are

harrow

A light 2.15 km this morning

It was a bit tough on the legs 2 day after running a 6km

Oooooss now complete rest till Saturdays park run

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

managed 12.2km in 1hour 10mins, avg 5:45 per km, shouldn't be disappointed as recovery from chest issues still not complete...but am.

harrow

Well well!!! Today’s Park run completed (run number 6)

Knocked 1.03 of my time today so got under 29 mins for the first time ever

Bloody brilliant as got a slight niggle but every KM was under 5.52 so really happy with that. It was a very flat course but who cares. I still done it.

So since I have started running 2.35 shaved off time. That just general fitness

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Last Sunday we did a half marathon training run, first half of Snowdon marathon route.

Wednesday I (her) did a 7.5 mile run. Should have been interval training but Mr was resting his legs.

Friday 5 mile tempo run together.

(Dry ski slope practice for us today)

Sunday we will do a 12 mile run.

Hope everyone has had a great week of injury free running

Sad times, broken down again and not able to run!! Physio booked and light bike work and swimming allowed only

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

"Sad times, broken down again and not able to run!! Physio booked and light bike work and swimming allowed only "

Boo. Good to listen to your body though. Dance could go on your list?? X

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

6k yesterday in tbe sunshine and mud..and then lots of dancing!

Feeling good today. Nice muscle ache. Some yoga today and planning Another run tomorrow around the same distance and pace.

X

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman  over a year ago

East Sussex

Went out for four runs this week and am getting back into the swing of things. Although up at 6am for pre-work running is a shock - I'd given those ones up in December!

Finding Strava really helpful too. And this morning managed to run my first ever (recorded) sub 25-minute 5km - average pace 4:53, am prett impressed with myself. It was a there-and-back, and the out was much faster than the in - need to work on consistency and stamina...

Well done to all Fab runners getting out there in January!

harrow

New post up!!!

» Add a new message to this topic