FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you believe in marriage and is it important to you?

Do you believe in marriage and is it important to you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I do but it is not important to me as I dont see why you have to be married as you still like the person the same. I guess it can be beneficial in some cases such as the tax could be lower, what about you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was once married, and I do believe in the oath you take when you get married (my ex did not).

I have been married and will never do it again.

"I was once married, and I do believe in the oath you take when you get married (my ex did not).

I have been married and will never do it again. "

That is good you believe in it too

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Made it this far without marriage.

Can happily continue.

"Made it this far without marriage.

Can happily continue. "

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I didn't at all. I scoffed at the whole concept, the absurd notion of getting yourself into debt, the doing it to please others. I thought it was an institute for everyone but me because I wasn't marriage material. Now? I think if it has real meaning to you both and it makes you happy? Do it. I've said no to proposals before but this time it feels right. I can see myself as his wife. We're doing the wedding our way and what makes us happy and it might be a bit odd but it's us.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I've never really seen the point of it, it's a bloody expensive piece of paper And I don't need a special day to prove to the world how much I love someone.

Common-law couples have the same rights as married couples these days anyhow.

By *zQTWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

"I didn't at all. I scoffed at the whole concept, the absurd notion of getting yourself into debt, the doing it to please others. I thought it was an institute for everyone but me because I wasn't marriage material. Now? I think if it has real meaning to you both and it makes you happy? Do it. I've said no to proposals before but this time it feels right. I can see myself as his wife. We're doing the wedding our way and what makes us happy and it might be a bit odd but it's us. "

I never thought I was relationship material let alone a wife to someone. But when it’s right it’s right.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I’d like to actually make it to the alter (i’ve been engaged twice) but it’s a pretty big commitment to me and he’d have to be The One. No doubts. No fears. Feel it in your bones kind of thing.

However, that said I’m quite flighty and like the freedom of being able to leg it the moment a guy starts doing my head in.

I doubt i’ll ever find a fella for that now as i’m old and have children.

My mum was with my Step-Dad for donkeys years but when he passed away she had all sorts of legal and financial strife because they were not married. It was an eye opener.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I do believe in marriage and it's important "to me".

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its 30 years since i got married i didnt believe it would be for ever. It lastex 4 and half years and now id never get married

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

If it makes other people happy then great. However it doesn't interest me at all. I have no intention of ever getting married.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Probably only reason I would get married is so my partner could get my death benefits.

Although that relies somewhat on foreseeing death.

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Both tried it

Both disillusioned by it

Both comfortable remaining happily unmarried together

Each to there own, but now civil partnerships is the in thing I do feel marriage has become defunct in the modern world

Yes I do believe in marriage and having kids. For me that's obviously difficult. I believe that marriage is forever and I believe in honouring one's vows and respecting each other and looking after each other no matter what.

That's why it's important to find the right one.

I don't believe, however, that marriage means monogamy. This doesn't mean cheating. Cheating has no place in a marriage. Two partners should be open, and reasonable. If one partner has a higher libido, then they should be able to meet their needs outside the marriage. This should not in any way be done in a manner which can impact the relationship of the partners. For example, it should be done in spare time - don't cancel dinner with your spouse to shag someone. Also don't spend hours on Fab or on apps looking for sex and neglecting your partner. And also just limit it to a fuck to prevent any emotions forming. As soon as your done you are done and get out of there if your partner doesn't want to get involved.

I often meet husbands and will always kick them out and push them away if they start to get clingy. I nip it in the bud. Your first priority is and should always be your family. A fuck is a fuck. Nothing more. Nothing less.

So yes, I believe in marriage.i just don't believe it can always stay monogamous but there are ways to work around that.

To answer your question No and No...... and at 50 years old having never been married I don't see that changing anytime soon.....

"I've never really seen the point of it, it's a bloody expensive piece of paper And I don't need a special day to prove to the world how much I love someone.

Common-law couples have the same rights as married couples these days anyhow. "

Common law couples have no rights..

Common law does not exist. Only married civil partners or married couples have right

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think how you define your individual marriage, your approach and attitude make a big difference.

I find it difficult to articulate but we see our marriage as a thing separate from us as individuals. It needs looking after and nurturing in order to grow and evolve and we're both invested in protecting it.

Of course you don't need a certificate of contract to have that attitude. It's what works for us and interestingly our children.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I was once married, and I do believe in the oath you take when you get married.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I’ve been married twice ... never again

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I got married when I was 21 extremely young but I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and we are still happily married now xx

No

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I've been married and now happily divorced for 7 years.

Marriage isn't something I'd do again.

Been there, got the t-shirt... Not sure I'd do it again

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Yes, I would love mine to work properly

I love being married to my husband. Been married three years in Feb

It’s not important being committed and happy with someone is.

"I think how you define your individual marriage, your approach and attitude make a big difference.

I find it difficult to articulate but we see our marriage as a thing separate from us as individuals. It needs looking after and nurturing in order to grow and evolve and we're both invested in protecting it.

Of course you don't need a certificate of contract to have that attitude. It's what works for us and interestingly our children."

Excellently put

"I got married when I was 21 extremely young but I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and we are still happily married now xx

"

That's wonderful!

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I (Luke) used to think marriage was important (at least to me). Then I got married and ended up in an abusive relationship for 13 years. Now I live with Hannah. We're not married, and I have never been happier in a relationship.

We're together because we want to be together, not because we have been through a ceremony and got a certificate.

I did. Not so much now. I wanted to do it all the “correct” way. Get married then have children etc. Now I don’t feel the same, if my daughter didn’t get married and just lived with her boyfriend had kids it honestly wouldn’t bother me now. I had a very long happy marriage but I hundred percent wouldn’t marry again x

By *ourayloversCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

I was married until I was 29 when my wife passed away, I've had three serious partners since then two of them I didn't want to marry and thank god I never did !!!

With Lou I'd never say never

Ray

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

If it feels right for you do it and if not don’t.....

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Married and then two long term partners (one deceased). Would dearly love to find another. Will it happen? I am doubtful...unfortunately, but live in hopes.

I began thinking it was something a couple SHOULD do when they love each other, then I got married and realised you dont need to. There should always be honesty, decency and respect in a couple, however things arent always as clear cut as that

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

[Removed by poster at 04/01/20 14:53:55]

I've never been married so no it can't be important to me. Cant see I ever will either but never say never

"I was once married, and I do believe in the oath you take when you get married (my ex did not).

That about covers it

I'm always surprised about the amount of people who dont believe in marriage who when faced severe life limiting illness make it a priority to marry.

I'd love to marry one day. But I've been single 7 yrs now and dont see it happening.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Marriage is fine if you want to demonstrate that commitment to each other or acquire the benefits that society endows from it. Otherwise it's equally right to live as you choose to do. I'm open to offers

"I'm always surprised about the amount of people who dont believe in marriage who when faced severe life limiting illness make it a priority to marry.

I'd love to marry one day. But I've been single 7 yrs now and dont see it happening. "

It pissed me off a bit, that, when we found out, my last partner was dying, so many people, that knew I wouldn't marry again, asked if we would be getting married... Why can't people mind their own and wait for any announcements, if there are to be any...

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I've never really seen the point of it, it's a bloody expensive piece of paper And I don't need a special day to prove to the world how much I love someone.

Common-law couples have the same rights as married couples these days anyhow.

Common law couples have no rights..

Common law does not exist. Only married civil partners or married couples have right"

agreed

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

I was married for nearly 20 years. I believed in it, he ruined it.

Now? Itd take a bloody miracle for me to get married again.

We’ve been together for years & no way would we get married, we feel like marriage is a kind of ownership and don’t need a piece of paper to show commitment to each other ( just our opinion)

Been there done that never again

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

We’re both on our third. I love being married. Our wedding wasn’t expensive. Just us at the registry office with witnesses and party in the evening for 50 people close friends and family only. It was small and intimate and we loved each moment of the day.

chelmsford

Yes I do believe in it and love being married,to us it feels more of a commitment. We were both married before. From a financial point of view, we are both more secure, you have very few rights if you are living together rather than married

I'm on my second marriage, doughnut on is first.

I always said I'd never get married again, yet here I am. To me it feels like the ultimate commitment. But that's my view.

Danish x

Yes I do believe in marriage.

I think it's a huge commitment and not to be taken lightly, I also think its something that has to be worked at.

I have no problem with marriage but just not for me as said what difference does it make to your life

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I have no problem with marriage but just not for me as said what difference does it make to your life "

It's made a huge difference to ours.

"I have no problem with marriage but just not for me as said what difference does it make to your life

It's made a huge difference to ours."

that's nice most are but I ain't what you'd call marriage material

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I got married when I was 24, too young looking back. It was important to me to have what society deemed normal though, and coming from a dysfunctional family only emphasised that.

Still married, beautiful children, no regrets.

Would I be bothered if my kids didn't get married? Not at all, I just want them to be happy.

chelmsford

"I have no problem with marriage but just not for me as said what difference does it make to your life

It's made a huge difference to ours."

And ours too

I believe in some aspects of marriage. I believe that you work at a marriage more than you would a casual relationship. If things go wrong you work together to over come them. I don't however believe in monogamy. I'm in a open marriage and I am in a poly relationship that is where Beast comes in

I’ve personally never seen the point in it. But everybody is different

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's made a huge difference to ours. that's nice most are but I ain't what you'd call marriage material"

No, that's fair enough I don't think everyone is. In fact I don't agree that most are, we see far more unhappy marriages than happy ones

By *ewrocksWoman  over a year ago

button moon

It's not for me.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I believe in some aspects of marriage. I believe that you work at a marriage more than you would a casual relationship. If things go wrong you work together to over come them. I don't however believe in monogamy. I'm in a open marriage and I am in a poly relationship that is where Beast comes in "

I think being poly is one part of why marriage isn't for me as in this country you can only have 1 legal marriage.

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I was with my ex for 14 years, engaged for 9 but never got married. From a financial point I wish we'd got married because I'd have much more security now. I'm entitled to precisely fuck all apart from child maintenance despite supporting him for years while he built his company up.

I still quite like the idea of marriage, need to find someone that can put up with me for more than 5 minutes first.

Yes without love we are nothing

"Yes without love we are nothing"

Are you talking to your left or right hand ?

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I did and still do but maybe not in the same traditional way. I believed in it so much I stayed with someone I shouldn't have for over 20 years.

Now I do but in a completely different way. I see it more as a binding of two souls who want to be together

"Yes without love we are nothing

Are you talking to your left or right hand ? "

What

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Been married for 35 years so very important to us. That said the actual piece of paper means nothing; it's just the fact that we know that we are lucky to have a very special relationship.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

It is nothing more than just another way to express commitment. Nothing more and no less.

There is nothing wrong with that, in fact it is a good thing. However don't assume "marriage" itself is the ultimate expression to everyone. It can easily be replaced by another thing with the same meaning and importance to a different couple. The important thing is what it is for those two people involved.

Would I get married? Yeah sure if it felt right. Do I feel like I need to, or pressured to do so? Not even in the slightest. I'll just find my own way of expressing my commitment to a person.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I think its out dated personally and i've never wanted to get married,

I don't think it makes a relationship any more secure people still cheat,divorce etc

However each to their own,i know some like the commitment of marriage

I was married for over 22 years but he ruined everything. I don’t know as I’d ever get married again, we’re both happy with how things are x

I have never been married and doubt I ever would. Lower tax wouldnt be enough to convince me either

I was married and I can safely say I will never ever ever get married again

I'm married and it's important to me,as a symbolic thing as well as being practical in a legal sense. I knew I'd spend my life with my husband whether we married or not. (Yes, he knows I'm here- before anyone gets worried)

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Yes it’s very important to me, fully committing to each other (not saying those not married aren’t committed! Was just a thing for us.

Practically it means mrs gets my pension etc.

I got married again last year at the age of 62, I like it this time!

We've been together over 20 years, and I wanted to be happily married this time!

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’ve never married. I have always said I would only ever do it once and so far have not found anyone worthy of giving up my name or love for.

My long-term partner had been married and was divorced, he had no desire to repeat it. I wasn’t prepared to be his long-term, head cook and bottle washer (amongst other things) it eventually created resentment - we parted as friends. I’ve never permitted anyone else to be that close again

By *lwayshorny79Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

I believe in the whole concept of marriage, therefore I have never been or ever likely to get married despite being with my other half for nearly 22 years.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I did once....

"I’ve never married. I have always said I would only ever do it once and so far have not found anyone worthy of giving up my name or love for.

My long-term partner had been married and was divorced, he had no desire to repeat it. I wasn’t prepared to be his long-term, head cook and bottle washer (amongst other things) it eventually created resentment - we parted as friends. I’ve never permitted anyone else to be that close again"

This for me also that's why I've never married.

Call me young and naive but I still believe in marriage. I did not have much luck with men before I met my OH, he is everything I've ever wished for and more so I would be really happy to be his wife. And being a submissive it would really mean a lot to me if I "belonged" to someone.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We believe in marriage. It's a bond, a strong connection, something very special between us. I am honoured to call my man my husband.

We appreciate that other people may also feel the same way for their partner without being married, but for us, marriage makes us feel 'as one', united, totally together, complete.

We have something fantastic together,for better for worse. Marriage is about working together and making it work for us, no matter what hurdles we face.

Just more rules telling folks how to behave

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Well we have been together for 34 years and married for 24.

Unlike today we wanted to live our life a little before deciding to settle down but had our own home after the first 18 months together.

So yes it is important to us.

By *issyEMWoman  over a year ago

Nearly

I neglected 2mans in my life who wanted to married me have kids ect. Karma get me now when meet someone who I would break all my rules and married him and even have child but life is a bitch and he is after divorce and don't even want to hear about it

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Been together over 12 years. Kept setting a date and every time id end up pregnant lol. So we actually booked it when i was pregnant on our third saying at least we know i wont be pregnant then lol. We had 9 people at it including ourselves and our kids. His parents were our witnesses. It was the most perfect day and 2 days after we found out i was pregnant with our 4th. So if this goes belly up im not getting married again because i dont think i could handle any more children ha ha

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I definitely believe in marriage but it isn't for everyone.

This is the second marriage for us both and we have been married 15 years.

For me, marriage is a formal commitment to the person you love and isn't something to do lightly.

A marriage or civil partnership also gives both parties rights, that you wouldn't otherwise have.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Well I believe in it, it's most definitely something that exists. But I sure as hell dont agree with it. Personally I see it as an outdated institution that has no place in a modern society.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I’ve never married. I have always said I would only ever do it once and so far have not found anyone worthy of giving up my name or love for.

My long-term partner had been married and was divorced, he had no desire to repeat it. I wasn’t prepared to be his long-term, head cook and bottle washer (amongst other things) it eventually created resentment - we parted as friends. I’ve never permitted anyone else to be that close again

This for me also that's why I've never married."

I was engaged twice but both died before I made it down the aisle

I'm taking that as a sign

Older I get the more comfortable I am being single

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 04/01/20 23:26:08]

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

No is is illegal for.me to marry more than one person and I'm.a.poly so one is not compatible

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

I did once, as I’ve been married and divorced. I’ve been proposed to again since, but it’s not for me. I’ll stay as I am, much less complicated.

Yes ive done it once, would again.

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"I do but it is not important to me as I dont see why you have to be married as you still like the person the same. I guess it can be beneficial in some cases such as the tax could be lower, what about you?"

I don't believe in it any more, no, and I hope my kids don't get married. I now believe in cycles and life partners for different stages of your life.

I got married very young at 18 . I’m not sure if I’d do it again at my tender young age

Think I'd rather stay away from it... I do enjoy a good wedding though

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"We believe in marriage. It's a bond, a strong connection, something very special between us. I am honoured to call my man my husband.

We appreciate that other people may also feel the same way for their partner without being married, but for us, marriage makes us feel 'as one', united, totally together, complete.

We have something fantastic together,for better for worse. Marriage is about working together and making it work for us, no matter what hurdles we face."

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I believe in marriage if you find the right person and it’s what you both want

I got married late

Hubby has been married before but she was mad...lol

I’ve only done it once but will never do it again

I’m totally happy and wouldn’t want anyone else

Xx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"We’ve been together for years & no way would we get married, we feel like marriage is a kind of ownership and don’t need a piece of paper to show commitment to each other ( just our opinion)"

...until one of you gets ill say and you realise you have no status as you're not next of kin etc. Living together offers no security whatsoever, people don't recognise that until it's too late.

I've been with my partner six years. I have children and grandchildren, the house is mine. He doesn't feel secure, I know that, because I won't marry him. If I die tomorrow he has "reasonable" time to move out. On the advice of my solicitor I've had to include him in my will, £1 so he can't contest the will.

People are naive if they think living together is the same as marriage: it isn't. Why do so many couples suddenly get hitched when they have a terminal illness? Because they know that "piece of paper" makes a difference.

No but then I am divorced!

I'd like a dress and someone im madly in love with who feels the same way about me.

I don't really need the piece of paper

I definitely believe in it, I was engaged once many years ago until she cheated. But that wouldn’t stop me if the right one came along in the future.

Yes it’s an expensive day for a piece of paper but it’s the couples day to make it how they want it. Screw anyone who doesn’t like how you do it, it’s about them and then only

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I definitely believe in it, I was engaged once many years ago until she cheated. But that wouldn’t stop me if the right one came along in the future.

Yes it’s an expensive day for a piece of paper but it’s the couples day to make it how they want it. Screw anyone who doesn’t like how you do it, it’s about them and then only "

It doesn't have to be hugely expensive. You can do it quite reasonably if you have to

"I definitely believe in it, I was engaged once many years ago until she cheated. But that wouldn’t stop me if the right one came along in the future.

Yes it’s an expensive day for a piece of paper but it’s the couples day to make it how they want it. Screw anyone who doesn’t like how you do it, it’s about them and then only

It doesn't have to be hugely expensive. You can do it quite reasonably if you have to"

I guess that comes down to how they want to have it really, everyone’s different really, I could do it on a budget and still make it an amazing day if I had to

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It doesn't have to be hugely expensive. You can do it quite reasonably if you have to

I guess that comes down to how they want to have it really, everyone’s different really, I could do it on a budget and still make it an amazing day if I had to "

Yes, we could if we had to. I think a lot of people concentrate on the wedding when they should really be concentrating on the marriage

I guess that comes down to how they want to have it really, everyone’s different really, I could do it on a budget and still make it an amazing day if I had to

Yes, we could if we had to. I think a lot of people concentrate on the wedding when they should really be concentrating on the marriage "

Absolutely, at the end of the day it’s a day, what the bigger picture is all about is spending you’re future with that person and loving each other day after day

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

I would just like to meet someone who wanted to be with me and loved me.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes, we could if we had to. I think a lot of people concentrate on the wedding when they should really be concentrating on the marriage

Absolutely, at the end of the day it’s a day, what the bigger picture is all about is spending you’re future with that person and loving each other day after day "

Our wedding day was over 32 years ago after we'd been living together 7 years. My mum did the catering and we had one night away. It was a quiet affair but we're quiet people. If we had the chance to do it again we would do it differently and spend more money though.

"I would just like to meet someone who wanted to be with me and loved me. "

I’m actually really surprised that you haven’t done, you’re absolutely gorgeous lovely

But I guess that’s what most of us want really, it’s just finding that one person who shares that spark with the other person

Totally agree with marriage. I unfortunately married the wrong guy first time round. I have met the man I should have always been with now so I hope one day we will get married as he is the man I should have married in the first place. Marrying my bf will be the happiest day of my life..... when it hopefully happens

"I would just like to meet someone who wanted to be with me and loved me. "

This.

I don't think it will ever happen for me now

By *aughtyLondonGuyMan  over a year ago

london

I believe more in Father Christmas

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I would just like to meet someone who wanted to be with me and loved me.

This.

I don't think it will ever happen for me now "

Of course it will, you're still young. It will happen when you least expect it.

Interesting points everyone

» Add a new message to this topic