Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"USA vs Iran "

If it was just that simple....Israel

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"USA vs Iran "

Its like the world cup never happened.....

By *onderstuff73mMan  over a year ago

Brum

What is it good for?

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"What is it good for? "

Absolutely nothing

"Is it coming?"

Think so. On days like this I'm glad I don't have children.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

We've been at war for a long time already.

By *andL1919Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

"What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing"

Say it again....

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"We've been at war for a long time already."

Indeed.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

?? What am I missing? What war?.....

Tinder box the Middle East I’ve worked their it’s on a fucking knife edge all the time

"Tinder box the Middle East I’ve worked their it’s on a fucking knife edge all the time

"

Macmillan said ww3 would start there.

Israel is the only non Arab state and they have a serious war machine and nuclear arsenal and I’ve worked their too they are not giving uk their bit of sand trust

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

No we Ain’t, Sabah rattling .. bin there done that seen it

Iran ,Iraq ,Jordan ,Saudi feudal systems dating back thousands of years they always at war with some fucker

Only thing Iran will do is some terrorist shit and America hit them again

Unfortunately that’s what happens when one of the leading head figures is declared a terrorist And before fleeing order’s a load of unrest. The Us embassy gate post was over ran on order from a the man they. Air striked from a uav

Confirmed dead. This all happened In Iran.

Yeah come at me bro

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

What is it good for,

Absolutely nothing...

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Only thing Iran will do is some terrorist shit and America hit them again "

It’s rude to Trump though

What a total bell end

Trump and co need a war

They tried to piss off North Korea Kim wants to be his best friend

He can’t shove his nose in Syria putin Will grass him up on his dodgy election

So he gonna piss of the Iranians

Needs a smoke screen for this impeachment shit

"What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing"

Woh!

I think war has broke out in the Australia thread

"USA vs Iran "

This wont be a war. It will be a headline on the evening news.

"IRAN VAPORIZED"

And the world will keep spinning and going around the sun.

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

My son is on deployment to some unknown part of the world and I'm scared to death,

that's been my focus today. Trying to find out where he is, and knowing I wouldn't be successful but I had to try. It's my mom instincts in overdrive.

Not stocking up on water, the price of fuel or how many cans of beans should I buy.

I may not always agree with the decisions our government makes but as a service members family, my support is focused on my son and the Marine Battalion he's attached to as a Navy Corpsman.

Thank you for listening to me vent. Today has been a little stressful. I will step down off my soap box now. Thank you.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"Is it coming?"

No.

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"Is it coming?

No."

Well that’s that sorted then!

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"My son is on deployment to some unknown part of the world and I'm scared to death,

that's been my focus today. Trying to find out where he is, and knowing I wouldn't be successful but I had to try. It's my mom instincts in overdrive.

Not stocking up on water, the price of fuel or how many cans of beans should I buy.

I may not always agree with the decisions our government makes but as a service members family, my support is focused on my son and the Marine Battalion he's attached to as a Navy Corpsman.

Thank you for listening to me vent. Today has been a little stressful. I will step down off my soap box now. Thank you."

Sending love x must be really stressful being the parent of a serviceman, especially in times like these. Cannot imagine.

[Removed by poster at 04/01/20 00:53:18]

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

"My son is on deployment to some unknown part of the world and I'm scared to death,

Thank you for listening to me vent. Today has been a little stressful. I will step down off my soap box now. Thank you.

Sending love x must be really stressful being the parent of a serviceman, especially in times like these. Cannot imagine. "

Thank you. It's something I'll never get use to.

Define war

USA has far superior technology and an effective war machine

It will be waged if anything by drones hi level laser guided missile strikes and air assault

I doubt it will be troops on the ground

If Iran sticks one into Israel they will fire back and won’t stop for shit

Libya is skint

Lebanon ain’t far behind

Jordan will keep its nose out

UAE won’t get involved

So Iran be on its own with a lot of fire power being pointed at it

I’d be fucking quiet if I was Iran I can see that place becoming flattened very very quickly

Righty or wrongly the Americans have taken out what they see as a viable target

Facts are they are a super power and if I was Iran I’d take that on the chin !

Good excuse for the price of petrol products tho you bet the gas producers up the prices regardless and the govt won’t say shit they collect more duties on it

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Thank you for listening to me vent. Today has been a little stressful. I will step down off my soap box now. Thank you."

Hoping you get some rest and peace and he stays safe.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Tinder box the Middle East I’ve worked their it’s on a fucking knife edge all the time

Macmillan said ww3 would start there."

All three Abrahamic religions say the final world war will start there. In fact they're very precise about the location where the last battle of all would be fought...

It's at this junction on the main road north up Israel's coastal plain, where you take the turning to head east towards Nazareth up the Jezrel Valley.

There's a car park on the left next to a hill which is actually the remains of a city built upon the ruined of an older city upon the ruins of many successively older cities back into the mists of time.

It's called Tel Meggido - the Bible calls it Armageddon.

I'm all for it

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Define war

USA has far superior technology and an effective war machine

It will be waged if anything by drones hi level laser guided missile strikes and air assault

I doubt it will be troops on the ground

If Iran sticks one into Israel they will fire back and won’t stop for shit

Libya is skint

Lebanon ain’t far behind

Jordan will keep its nose out

UAE won’t get involved

So Iran be on its own with a lot of fire power being pointed at it

I’d be fucking quiet if I was Iran I can see that place becoming flattened very very quickly

Righty or wrongly the Americans have taken out what they see as a viable target

Facts are they are a super power and if I was Iran I’d take that on the chin ! "

Yeah, I reckon you've pretty much hit it on the nose. It does create a situation, though, where Trump (the fucking idiot that he is) could feel this relative impotency of the rest of Arab world cam embolden him to hit Iran with relative impunity.

If this were the case, Iran would do what Saddom tried and attempt to bring Israel into the fight hoping to turn it into a full on holy war.

Sure, Israel's 'Iron Dome' augmented by patriots etc might shield them but Iran's missile capability is far greater now than Saddam's was then. Also, it's not belong the stretch of imagination to see Hezbollah firing serious ordinance in from South Lebanon to hit Qirat Shemona, Tiberius, Nahariya, Haifa, etc. One dirty bomb amongst that lot and and Israel will turn Tehran into a car park... and then all fucking shit will break loose.

Fingers crossed it stays hypothetical.

Make Love, not war.

We should introduce this site to all those buggers. They might lighten up and forget about war and swing around.

We should erect (lol) billboards and posters promoting this site around the Middle East.

I'm sure iran is being watched closely.

A hell of a lot of stealth bombers , b52 bombers and U2 spy planes have been at RAF fairford for a while and it was only last week us and UK stealth fighters were carrying out low level attack runs in Wales.

The build up has been going on for a while and every plane has had secret service black 4x4s on the runways to make sure no one gets close.

Also those filming the planes have had drones filming them.

When you consider what just one of those B2 spirit bombers carry and the new b21 is on way it's real serious ratcheting up of tensions and aggression.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"I'm sure iran is being watched closely.

A hell of a lot of stealth bombers , b52 bombers and U2 spy planes have been at RAF fairford for a while and it was only last week us and UK stealth fighters were carrying out low level attack runs in Wales.

The build up has been going on for a while and every plane has had secret service black 4x4s on the runways to make sure no one gets close.

When you consider what just one of those B2 spirit bombers carry and the new b21 is on way it's real serious ratcheting up of tensions and aggression."

Well that doesn't bode well. Also, Trump (did I mention he's a fucking idiot?) has been wandering around his Maro Lago resort boasting to staff that "something big is about to happen"... what a cunt.

I really hope his hoards of MAGA hat wearing arseholes are all lined up to join the army first thing in the morning - but they won't coz they'll all have bone spurs. Imagine being such a brain dead wanker to think Trump isn't one.

Considering trump had signed off the next stealth programme which costs 600 million dollars per plane and the new aircraft carrier programme which cost 37 billion dollars then 14 billion for its defence group things are seriously getting out of hand.

You have a president in trouble and bombing the hell out of someone or something gets patriotic people on side.

No one will dare opposes an action if it's against a country that media or the people believe is a terrorist state.

And Iran has clearly stated it wants Israel wiped off the face of the earth.

And who protects Israel?

So as far as America is concerned it's justified.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Considering trump had signed off the next stealth programme which costs 600 million dollars per plane and the new aircraft carrier programme which cost 37 billion dollars then 14 billion for its defence group things are seriously getting out of hand.

You have a president in trouble and bombing the hell out of someone or something gets patriotic people on side.

No one will dare opposes an action if it's against a country that media or the people believe is a terrorist state.

And Iran has clearly stated it wants Israel wiped off the face of the earth.

And who protects Israel?

So as far as America is concerned it's justified.

"

Yep, and there indeed is the crucial question: who protects Israel?

We all know it's the US loan guarantee that keeps the wolf from the door day to day, but if Israel thinks it's about the have its arse kicked then those 200+ little surprises hidden somewhere between Qirat Shemona and Eilat are going to start flying, especially if Nutteryeehaw's pressing the button.

"I'm sure iran is being watched closely.

When you consider what just one of those B2 spirit bombers carry and the new b21 is on way it's real serious ratcheting up of tensions and aggression."

The Aurora was never really scrapped,its the planes most have never seen let alone herd of that would've been used...

Keep an eye on the price of oil.

Iran may target Saudi.

I have a Roman coin from around 370AD. It celebrates war against Persia (now Iran).

2020 AD and nothing much has changed..

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Qassem Soleimani was the second most important person in Iran behind the Supreme leader. Killing him is a de facto declaration of war. The man was instrumental in combating ISIS and AlQueada and was beloved throughout much of the middle east. From now on, any american official in the middle east is fair game and the Iranians will respond. They'll choose the best time and place for it. I don't think those in washington are stupid enough to actually start a shooting war with Iran (which is Israel's biggest wish) because you can kiss the world economy goodbye where that to happen.

"I have a Roman coin from around 370AD. It celebrates war against Persia (now Iran).

2020 AD and nothing much has changed.."

Yeah I mean what have the Roman’s ever done for us ?

By *hom_1981Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"USA vs Iran "

I'm glad you clarified this or i'd have no idea what the poster was eluding to!!

we the (UK) have 75,000 troops of which many are deployed, we are not ready for war, and we should be one of the last to stir for a fight.

we cannot live on past glory when we are so ill equipped today.

I cannot imagine how you are feelimg right now..... just sending lots of thoughts and higs to you and hope you get answers

As for Trump why has he not had a bullet through his skull yet??? The idiot makes these decisions and it is not him affected but guys likd Lorraines son who have to count among the 'collateral damage'

I know war sometimes is inevitable, but why go and instigate it needlessly.

"Qassem Soleimani was the second most important person in Iran behind the Supreme leader. Killing him is a de facto declaration of war. The man was instrumental in combating ISIS and AlQueada and was beloved throughout much of the middle east. From now on, any american official in the middle east is fair game and the Iranians will respond. They'll choose the best time and place for it. I don't think those in washington are stupid enough to actually start a shooting war with Iran (which is Israel's biggest wish) because you can kiss the world economy goodbye where that to happen."

After the Iranians grabbed our sailors a few years back, they embarrassed the UK , then handed them back, Soleimani's Qud troops blew up a British armoured carrier in Iraq.

Among the dead were two British women soldiers. The fact that he is now atoms, doesn't trouble me too much.

War of the fab meets war... Nothing else

"I have a Roman coin from around 370AD. It celebrates war against Persia (now Iran).

Yeah I mean what have the Roman’s ever done for us ? "

Built our roads

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Is it coming?"

Look back in our history

Which decade have we not been at war?

50’s Korea

60’s -70’s Vietnam

80’s Falklands and cosova

90’s Iraq

0’s Afghanistan

10’s Afghanistan Syria

Why would there be war? The US just turned an internationally recognised terrorist into a grease spot. Just because he happens to be a general in a theocratic, imperialist Islamic state that has been destabilising the region for years doesn’t change that.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Why would there be war? The US just turned an internationally recognised terrorist into a grease spot. Just because he happens to be a general in a theocratic, imperialist Islamic state that has been destabilising the region for years doesn’t change that. "

And would you add any Saudi princes to this list?

It’s a well known fact they have been financing terrorism for years, but we don’t attack them.

"Israel is the only non Arab state and they have a serious war machine and nuclear arsenal and I’ve worked their too they are not giving uk their bit of sand trust "

Remind me who created Israel please... Ta muchly

Remind me who sends arms their?

Anyway... No war in my world. Except for duvet covers and my cats.. Yes they fight

"Why would there be war? The US just turned an internationally recognised terrorist into a grease spot. Just because he happens to be a general in a theocratic, imperialist Islamic state that has been destabilising the region for years doesn’t change that.

And would you add any Saudi princes to this list?

It’s a well known fact they have been financing terrorism for years, but we don’t attack them."

That you know of. And Al Qaeda are a non entity these days. This Soleimani creature was the head of hundreds of small individual terror cells and was likely actively planning more attacks against Western civilians. Balls to him I say

Yeah I mean what have the Roman’s ever done for us ? "

Yea apart from roads sanitation law and order and don’t forget the wine What have the Romans ever done for us

"Iran ,Iraq ,Jordan ,Saudi feudal systems dating back thousands of years they always at war with some fucker "

Er.....the UK seems to have been at war with at least one country pretty constantly for at least a couple of hundred years!

Yea apart from roads sanitation law and order and don’t forget the wine What have the Romans ever done for us"

Invented taxes the fucking idiots !

Yea apart from roads sanitation law and order and don’t forget the wine What have the Romans ever done for us

Invented taxes the fucking idiots ! "

Wonderful race the Romans

Wonderful race the Romans "

Ohh yea nailed that fella to the cross then invented that book ! About his life

Ohh yea nailed that fella to the cross then invented that book ! About his life "

You not seen the life of Brian then??

Ohh yea nailed that fella to the cross then invented that book ! About his life

You not seen the life of Brian then??"

I am not the messiah ,Brian get indoors you naughty naughty boy !

"Why would there be war? The US just turned an internationally recognised terrorist into a grease spot. Just because he happens to be a general in a theocratic, imperialist Islamic state that has been destabilising the region for years doesn’t change that. "

The USA did invade Iraq and totally ruin the country and stability within the region giving rise to ISIS and the deaths of 100's of thousands of people. This of course led to the huge humanitarian issues that the civil war in Syria caused.

You seem to be supporting the USAs right to spew death and destruction around the world. Iran may be theocratic but The USA is definatey more imperialistic than Iran and has been since it's foundation - The war of conquest against the Indians, the war against the Spanish which had the gialmof aquiring some of the Spanish colonies, multiple interventions in the Carribbean.

The point is that whether Arab or Western, Whatever government style, what ever the purported religion - war is awful for most people. Some people however seem to think that if it's their side then it's ok.

Otters noses badgers spleens get em while there hot

A lot of it has to do with money and stabilising capitalism and western beliefs

Chuck in the Middle East is a crazy crazy place

It’s a fuckin powder keg

Would you be flicking a lighter their I wouldn’t personally

It’s not about Iranians as people it’s about the ruling powers and what happens if it kicks off and other surrounding countries get involved

Tensions in Israel are always high

I’ve been to the Middle East many times unless you go n stay a while you don’t understand the culture

"Otters noses badgers spleens get em while there hot"

Ha ha new fetish ?

What bothers me is the human cost

The civilians that will die because of trump etc

So they got counselled on this ,have they had a say

I’ve seen kids with missing limbs blown to pieces

Anyone says war is good needs their head examined !

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

He was only recognised as a terrorist by the 'Western' factions. The Islamic, Chinese led and Russian led factions didn't. And they are a match for us.

And if it does come to 'war', it won't be set piece battles between armies and squadrons. It'll be guerrilla warfare. Hit and run. Concealed bombs. Sea mines to close the gulf. Iran has a massive stock of missiles if various ranges. These would get fired off at ships, oil installations, political targets and israeli targets. Missile defences are good but by no means perfect. Economic repercussion would be huge! And that's even if we don't get involved directly!

"Why would there be war? The US just turned an internationally recognised terrorist into a grease spot. Just because he happens to be a general in a theocratic, imperialist Islamic state that has been destabilising the region for years doesn’t change that.

The USA did invade Iraq and totally ruin the country and stability within the region giving rise to ISIS and the deaths of 100's of thousands of people. This of course led to the huge humanitarian issues that the civil war in Syria caused.

You seem to be supporting the USAs right to spew death and destruction around the world. Iran may be theocratic but The USA is definatey more imperialistic than Iran and has been since it's foundation - The war of conquest against the Indians, the war against the Spanish which had the gialmof aquiring some of the Spanish colonies, multiple interventions in the Carribbean.

The point is that whether Arab or Western, Whatever government style, what ever the purported religion - war is awful for most people. Some people however seem to think that if it's their side then it's ok."

Your argument is very confused. The Syrian civil war formed part of the Arab Spring and had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq. The Spring was a different beast entirely, born from greater development of telecoms networks and access to social media in the region.

The invasion of Iraq was a blatant attempt at enforcing democracy on a society that had never had a functioning democracy in its entire history. It also served the secondary purpose of allowing NATO to legally put boots on the ground in the region to both support Israeli interests and intimidate local Arab states that control access to fossil fuels (and therefore exert control over pricing). Weapons of mass destruction was a convenient and flimsy lie. But the attempt failed and yes, gave rise to ISIS, but they’ve since been eliminated as a credible power in the area.

I fail to see what US history has to do with anything being discussed here. It’s not an argument to say ‘the US is definitely more imperialistic than Iran’. So what if it is? The US carried out this strike to eliminate a very dangerous, devious man responsible for the deaths of hundreds of their own people, who was likely planning on more death for westerners. Play with feathers and get your arse tickled as my boyfriend always says.

You’re post has more feeling of ‘orange man bad’ than any coherent argument being put forward. War is a fact of life, and everything you do in your cosy western lifestyle is as a direct result of the wars our governments have fought for hundreds of years. Governments do go to war ‘just because’. There’s always an objective, even if it’s hidden. And it’s always to do with protecting our way of life and protecting our interests abroad. To deny that is to deny reality. Real life has no place for moral idealists, only political realists. That’s why feelings count for nothing in elections and referenda, and why people who use feelings in their campaigns usually get their arses handed to them at the ballot box (the general election being a case in point).

Phew, rant over. Sorry, I broke a nail in the gym so I’m sore and cross

Confused - oh dear lol

I'm sorry you broke a nail and that it's made you cross.

Perhaps you've missed the fact that ISIS played a large part in the Syrian war? The history of ISIS goes right back to.....the invasion of Iraq.

You criticise Iran for behaving in an imperialistic manner yet think that The USAs imperialistic history and current behaviour is irrelevant?

Yes war is a fact of life - but why? Because of this sort of behaviour.

Why does the USA have a right to kill in Iraq but Ian dosnt. That's a strange argument.

Many people, international reports and American reports have criticised America's behaviour in toppling governments in Central and South America and let's not forget the CIA backed coup that installed the Shah of Iran over the democratic ly elected president of Iran in 1953. Are these and the deaths of thousands not state sponsored terrorism? What's the difference between the USA and Iran?

Answer - it's the scale of their actions.

Both countries have cruel and self serving leadership.

Conflict is easy - peace is hard and requires greater skill and better leaders.

I'm not going to say anything spiteful, personalise this or accuse you of being confused. I enjoy a debate but am going to stop here as I come here for fun, this looks like it will go on and on and

i'm also sure that people are getting bored of our long posts!

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

This blatant assassination was pointless. All it has achieved is the Revolutionary Guard will get a new leader (with a point to prove). The Iranians won't just cower in fear. There will be a response that the 'West' won't like. My personal bet is on a resumption of the attack a on tankers. Cheap and easy for Iran. Expensive and asset intensive for the west

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"USA vs Iran "

Which side should we take?

Hope so wipe us all out and re set the button return this place to the wildlife so enjoy what time we have and fook the rest

"Confused - oh dear lol

I'm sorry you broke a nail and that it's made you cross.

Perhaps you've missed the fact that ISIS played a large part in the Syrian war? The history of ISIS goes right back to.....the invasion of Iraq.

You criticise Iran for behaving in an imperialistic manner yet think that The USAs imperialistic history and current behaviour is irrelevant?

Yes war is a fact of life - but why? Because of this sort of behaviour.

Why does the USA have a right to kill in Iraq but Ian dosnt. That's a strange argument.

Many people, international reports and American reports have criticised America's behaviour in toppling governments in Central and South America and let's not forget the CIA backed coup that installed the Shah of Iran over the democratic ly elected president of Iran in 1953. Are these and the deaths of thousands not state sponsored terrorism? What's the difference between the USA and Iran?

Answer - it's the scale of their actions.

Both countries have cruel and self serving leadership.

Conflict is easy - peace is hard and requires greater skill and better leaders.

I'm not going to say anything spiteful, personalise this or accuse you of being confused. I enjoy a debate but am going to stop here as I come here for fun, this looks like it will go on and on and

i'm also sure that people are getting bored of our long posts!

"

I agree the posts are too long.

I’ve not criticised Iran’s ambitions in the region. I’m pointing out that their ambitions affect our way of life over here so I don’t begrudge the US intervening over there to preserve said way of life.

And ISIS did not take part in the Syrian Civil War. They gained territory due to the war but weren’t participants - took advantage if you will.

Is been cold war for a long time. But things now I fear will heat up.

So far as I can see, Iran are the current bogeyman. Nothing more.

Israel (the political entity, not the religious entity) have long had an axe to gring with Iran, and the US are Israel's biggest supporter.

Conflict in the Middle East is very good for US business, and an Islamic theocracy is a perfect target - particularly when trying to establish/maintain a proxy war with Russia (who openly support Iran).

I don't see it as especially groundbreaking. Its businesses as usual:

Destabilise the region.

Keep Netanyahu onside.

Show some teeth to Putin, indirectly.

Reach a shaky peace agreement.

Praise our political overlords.

Conducting any type of military offensive is intersting though - especially since the US have no sovereignty in Iraq. Seems like a bold move - perhaps an illustration of the state of suzerainty in Iraq right now.

What are we not seeing? Something like this usually only serves to muddy the water.

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"USA vs Iran

If it was just that simple....Israel "

.....and the NATO commitment!

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"

Yep, too many factions, power struggles and tribal as well as religious rivalries. It'll never end.

» Add a new message to this topic