FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Best city

Best city

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Which is the best city to live in England what you think guys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would say Edinburgh, but since you've said England and not the UK, I would say Bath is a nice place

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

There's lots of nice cities in England. Most are just nice to visit but are not places you would want to live, such as York or Lincoln.

I am not really a city person, but actually feel at home in Sheffield. If I had to and could afford to, Nether Edge or a similar area of Sheffield, would be lovely.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

According to PwC this year, it's Oxford.

Reading is a close second.

Yorkshire is most improved.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Which is the best city to live in England what you think guys "

I've only ever lived in one English city, Bristol.

That was where I moved to in 2012.

I'd also thought about Manchester or Newcastle, because I like those places.

I knew nothing about Bristol before I moved here, and I gotta say it's a very chilled out, quirky place to live.

"According to PwC this year, it's Oxford.

Reading is a close second.

Yorkshire is most improved.

"

They obviously dont class Doncaster as part of Yorkshire then

By *entileschiWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

Norwich!

Gotta be bristol

By *edmark07Man  over a year ago

liverpool

I think it depends a lot in your age and what is important to you. At say 20 you'd want a great nightlife so London, Liverpool, Newcastle but at say 40 you'd be more inclined to Norwich, Bristol, Oxford

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Forget the lists.

How much money can you make working there, how close can you live to work, and how much cash will you end up in your pocket at the end of paying for rent.

I'm sure London is fantastic if youre a millionaire. But if you have an hour commute in traffic and end up with 10% of your wages to live on, its just gonna keep grinding you down.

If you can get your rent down to half your wages, or even better your weekly cost of living down to half your wages, and you can get to and from work in 5 mins, you are gonna be happier, and that place is going to be best for you.

Saying that, places like that dont exist too much in England, but its what to aim for.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

London is amazing to live in and grow up in, but it's become too expensive, too generic and is badly managed- the people running it don't understand it.

By *allgirthyMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

Lots of good cities for different reasons. London is unparalleled but it’s not for everyone. Personally I like Edinburgh for its capital city significant feel, manageable size and quirkiness. Northern England is a great place to live for the fact it has several big cities with their own identities - Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and Newcastle all offer something different. And smaller cities like York and Bath are lovely historic centres. A great country but a shame society seems to be going down hill a bit!

"There's lots of nice cities in England. Most are just nice to visit but are not places you would want to live, such as York or Lincoln.

I am not really a city person, but actually feel at home in Sheffield. If I had to and could afford to, Nether Edge or a similar area of Sheffield, would be lovely. "

Totally this!

» Add a new message to this topic