FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is the Friendzone Real?

Is the Friendzone Real?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is the Friendzone Real? If so, who does it affect more, men or women? And most importantly, can it be escaped?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

No, it's just an excuse people use when they don't want to have sex with someone

"No, it's just an excuse people use when they don't want to have sex with someone "

But, if they're friends, wouldn't that mean they're in the zone?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes i originally wanted to fuck my good mate who used to be mystique but left then we both decided that would be silly due to distance since that day iv never had a sexy thought about her shes more like a sister now id say yhe same for quite a few girls to be honest

It's real... It is the only zone there is, for me

"No, it's just an excuse people use when they don't want to have sex with someone "

I shag some of my friends too so...

People here say it's not real but for me it is. I have friends I am attracted to but fucking them would spoil the friendship. Or I meet people who I fancy but they become such good friends that I no longer see them in a sexual way

"People here say it's not real but for me it is. I have friends I am attracted to but fucking them would spoil the friendship. Or I meet people who I fancy but they become such good friends that I no longer see them in a sexual way "

I agree with this

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"People here say it's not real but for me it is. I have friends I am attracted to but fucking them would spoil the friendship. Or I meet people who I fancy but they become such good friends that I no longer see them in a sexual way "

This, all the time. Does it count if you friendzone after you’ve fucked though? I always give it the good old college try but at some point just like hanging out too much to want to sleep with them. I’d rather have a beer and find out what they think of Highly Suspect’s new album.

No. It’s a stupid term for people who cannot respect and value friendships.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

It’s definitely real. There are people I adore but would never sleep with, as wouldn’t want to spoil the friendship.

Likewise, there are those that I have slept with but we become close as friends and they tell me everything as I’m ‘too much one of the lads’. It can then feel strange to have sex with them

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Absolutely.. I’ve more friends that I’d never shag than would on here... some I just enjoy the company and conversations. That’s more than enough.

By *zQTWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

It’s just a stupid term given to what should be named friends. Nothing more than that

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I wasn’t sure what a friend zone was

"No. It’s a stupid term for people who cannot respect and value friendships. "

So, let's say you're friends with someone and they either have or start to develop feelings for you, feelings that you can't return, do you think it's wise to continue being friends? And, when I say feelings, I mean REAL feelings, not just a passive crush.

"It’s just a stupid term given to what should be named friends. Nothing more than that "

Yeah but, once one person wants something more, isn't the friendship tainted?

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"No. It’s a stupid term for people who cannot respect and value friendships. "

This! Also I fuck my hot friends

Somewhere

"No. It’s a stupid term for people who cannot respect and value friendships.

So, let's say you're friends with someone and they either have or start to develop feelings for you, feelings that you can't return, do you think it's wise to continue being friends? And, when I say feelings, I mean REAL feelings, not just a passive crush."

I would make explicit that it was just friends on my part. They are entitled to their feelings and can progress as friends but it will never be more from me.

Yes it has happened to me before and I am still friends with the people. Comments still arise around how they feel but they know where I stand and so nothing has ever happened

Somewhere

"It’s just a stupid term given to what should be named friends. Nothing more than that

Yeah but, once one person wants something more, isn't the friendship tainted?"

It’s not how I have worked. It’s never gone wrong for me yet and I have managed to maintain friendships

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I have friends I love but wouldn't sleep with.

I have kinky friends I scene with and would not sleep with.

I have friends I can sleep with on a casual basis so if the label "friendzone" is what works for you then yeah

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

No, it doesn't work like that for me. I don't have sexual value tokens that I give to some people and those who don't end up in the barren land of the "friendzone". My vagina doesn't open because you're a decent person, it opens because I think you're hot. Having sex with me isn't because you're more deserving than someone else. The whole term is problematic and oppressive.

Fuck outdated notions. Friendships are just as valued as sexual ones for me. Relationship anarchy for the win.

Yes very real place....

In between not good looking enough and cock not quite long enough.

But a great place to offload problems

"It’s just a stupid term given to what should be named friends. Nothing more than that

It’s not how I have worked. It’s never gone wrong for me yet and I have managed to maintain friendships "

Hmmm, see, I recall an instance where it happened to me years ago. Feelings developed over time, but they weren't mutual of course. I as much younger then, but I don't think I would have be into hearing about her 'adventures' with other guys since I genuinely started to care. I was just easier to go our seperate ways, something that would have happened over time anyway as we went on about our lives.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think the friendzone exists for some people because there is a distinction between people you'll have sex with and those you won't. It has bad connotations though because so many people don't want friends from the group they're sexually attracted to unless there's a chance of sex.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No, it doesn't work like that for me. I don't have sexual value tokens that I give to some people and those who don't end up in the barren land of the "friendzone". My vagina doesn't open because you're a decent person, it opens because I think you're hot. Having sex with me isn't because you're more deserving than someone else. The whole term is problematic and oppressive.

Fuck outdated notions. Friendships are just as valued as sexual ones for me. Relationship anarchy for the win."

And also what she said

Somewhere

It’s not how I have worked. It’s never gone wrong for me yet and I have managed to maintain friendships

Hmmm, see, I recall an instance where it happened to me years ago. Feelings developed over time, but they weren't mutual of course. I as much younger then, but I don't think I would have be into hearing about her 'adventures' with other guys since I genuinely started to care. I was just easier to go our seperate ways, something that would have happened over time anyway as we went on about our lives."

I get that and that’s a choice I allow them to make. If they could carry on being a friend and happy for me to do what I do then that’s good with me. If it was too difficult for them, then I understood if they needed to part ways. But it just never happened to me. No one has ever left. They just stuck around

Hmmm, see, I recall an instance where it happened to me years ago. Feelings developed over time, but they weren't mutual of course. I as much younger then, but I don't think I would have be into hearing about her 'adventures' with other guys since I genuinely started to care. I was just easier to go our seperate ways, something that would have happened over time anyway as we went on about our lives.

I get that and that’s a choice I allow them to make. If they could carry on being a friend and happy for me to do what I do then that’s good with me. If it was too difficult for them, then I understood if they needed to part ways. But it just never happened to me. No one has ever left. They just stuck around "

That's fair enough, I'm glad it worked out for you, would be good to know what (if any) thoughts they had about continuing on as normal, but that's just my curious side.

I like to have sex with my friends so I don't think that zone exists for me.

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman  over a year ago

East Sussex

I've always seen 'friendzone' used in context of guys who are nice to women purely to have sex with them, and then throw their toys out the pram when the women 'just' see them as friends. (Possibly this happens in other gender configurations too!)

I think where feelings develop out of a genuine friendship it's something different - no one's being deceitful. It can be awkward, or sad, or frustrating - but not quite the same.

A friendship is just as valuable as a sexual relationship, and it's pretty disappointing when people use 'friendzone' as some sort of slight.

Somewhere

I get that and that’s a choice I allow them to make. If they could carry on being a friend and happy for me to do what I do then that’s good with me. If it was too difficult for them, then I understood if they needed to part ways. But it just never happened to me. No one has ever left. They just stuck around

That's fair enough, I'm glad it worked out for you, would be good to know what (if any) thoughts they had about continuing on as normal, but that's just my curious side."

That you would have to ask them

So, let's say you're friends with someone and they either have or start to develop feelings for you, feelings that you can't return, do you think it's wise to continue being friends? And, when I say feelings, I mean REAL feelings, not just a passive crush."

Most cannot differenciate tho tbh

So, let's say you're friends with someone and they either have or start to develop feelings for you, feelings that you can't return, do you think it's wise to continue being friends? And, when I say feelings, I mean REAL feelings, not just a passive crush.

Most cannot differenciate tho tbh"

I guess that takes time but how hard can it be to tell if your feelings for someone are genuine as opposed to something that could fade at any moment?

Most cannot differenciate tho tbh

I guess that takes time but how hard can it be to tell if your feelings for someone are genuine as opposed to something that could fade at any moment?"

It's easy when you don't romanticise every nice feeling you have

I usually get friendzoned after the sex

Never heard of it before.

With me your either in or your out.

Don't like wasting time on those not deserving of it

By *uscularLoveMan  over a year ago

london

Personally this has only ever happened to me when I failed to make a move on a chick when the timing was perfect.

I think they see you as a potential to begin with but if you don't make a move and show your an alpha with a decent set of nuts you get put in the friend zone.

Cus you start developing a non-sexual relationship after failing to convert and clearly distinguish what relationship you guys are heading towards.

Also if they think your ugly that's instant friendzone before you even talk to them

Or if they're social group pressures them and all they're girlfriends tell her your a wierdo and everyone else wouldn't date you.

Or if your broke (gold diggers)

They're are some exeptions but this is most likely the reasons why.

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"No, it doesn't work like that for me. I don't have sexual value tokens that I give to some people and those who don't end up in the barren land of the "friendzone". My vagina doesn't open because you're a decent person, it opens because I think you're hot. Having sex with me isn't because you're more deserving than someone else. The whole term is problematic and oppressive.

Fuck outdated notions. Friendships are just as valued as sexual ones for me. Relationship anarchy for the win."

This is the problem for a lot of men.

They think being nice and polite will earn them sex tokens.

Usually fails as they're obviously nice to potential partners but nasty to people who say no, or people with no potential.

Real friendship is reward in itself.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I have friends who will remain as non-sexual friends. I'm clear about what relationships and boundaries that I have.

By *attb179Man  over a year ago

London

"People here say it's not real but for me it is. I have friends I am attracted to but fucking them would spoil the friendship. Or I meet people who I fancy but they become such good friends that I no longer see them in a sexual way

This, all the time. Does it count if you friendzone after you’ve fucked though? I always give it the good old college try but at some point just like hanging out too much to want to sleep with them. I’d rather have a beer and find out what they think of Highly Suspect’s new album. "

Oooh try me!

London

Friendzone is very real and easy to slip into unwittingly by coming across the wrong way. Also possible you've got no chance but the FZ cos she doesn't fancy you and never will.

Once in FZ near impossible to escape.

So do avoid the dreaded 'I like you but I just don't see you like that'

I've been there loads of times but now better at avoiding it or at least clarifying early on so as not to be too disappointed.

London

"Personally this has only ever happened to me when I failed to make a move on a chick when the timing was perfect.

I think they see you as a potential to begin with but if you don't make a move and show your an alpha with a decent set of nuts you get put in the friend zone.

Cus you start developing a non-sexual relationship after failing to convert and clearly distinguish what relationship you guys are heading towards.

Also if they think your ugly that's instant friendzone before you even talk to them

Or if they're social group pressures them and all they're girlfriends tell her your a wierdo and everyone else wouldn't date you.

Or if your broke (gold diggers)

They're are some exeptions but this is most likely the reasons why."

My last post is pretty much this in other words

Just don’t get those two posts above. Friends are much more important than casual sex contacts. Friendships are the relationships I put time and effort into. Sex contacts are superficial and transitory.

If you’re not having sex and you’re not developing something more meaningful, then you’re not a friend, you’re an acquaintance.

By *adylydfordWoman  over a year ago

altinkum

Yes its a real thing. I adore my fb would do anything for him but im firmly firmly in the friend zone. He has said blatently to my face we will never be together because he doesnt like me that way. Dont think there us anything people can do to get out of it. I dont believe in miracles lol.

By *rNaughtyNickMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Been there done that got the T-shirt !

"Yes its a real thing. I adore my fb would do anything for him but im firmly firmly in the friend zone. He has said blatently to my face we will never be together because he doesnt like me that way. Dont think there us anything people can do to get out of it. I dont believe in miracles lol."

Hmmm think he's having your cake and his... friend zone normally implies no sex but you can help me decorate my sitting room...

I don’t line the term but I think sometimes you have people who you love having as friends but wouldn’t have sex with. Some friends you can do both if the sexual attraction is strong enough.

However the ‘let’s just be friends’ after a rejection rarely leads to friendship if you weren’t friends before. Particularly if there are residual emotions.

"Yes its a real thing. I adore my fb would do anything for him but im firmly firmly in the friend zone. He has said blatently to my face we will never be together because he doesnt like me that way. Dont think there us anything people can do to get out of it. I dont believe in miracles lol.

Hmmm think he's having your cake and his... friend zone normally implies no sex but you can help me decorate my sitting room..."

Yeah that’s how I understood it. But I don’t like the term.

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"Yes its a real thing. I adore my fb would do anything for him but im firmly firmly in the friend zone. He has said blatently to my face we will never be together because he doesnt like me that way. Dont think there us anything people can do to get out of it. I dont believe in miracles lol."

Friends with benefits, is not the same as the friend zone.

At least your FB is honest about his intentions, and if you're happy with the situation that's fine.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think of the ‘friend zone’ term as relating to that period of time when it could go either way on both sides then it slips into friendship only with no sexual feelings. Someone has to be first to do it I think but from then on it’s just friendship surely?

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

The name is odd even if the concept is true

Who are these people having sex with a unfriendly people?

I like to be friendly with someone I have sex with. Even if the relationship has a kink to it

But i don't want to have sex with all my friends

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Seems to be the only thing I can get into.

By *heHookyMonsterMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

It seems to be the place I'm doomed to be on here. I tend to become good friends with those I meet and we most often end up either stopping having sex or it ends up not happening at all. At least I seem to be likeable!

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Isn’t the ‘friend zone’ second base

» Add a new message to this topic