FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Makeup chatter

Makeup chatter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *naswingdress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Spin-off from the getting to know you thread.

Those who enjoy wearing/playing with makeup. Let's chat.

My recent excellent purchase is Urban Decay Naked Honey. The golds and ambers are lovely, and it's a good mix of shimmer and matte so I don't have to supplement with other palettes to create a cohesive look.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I’ve recently bought a lipgloss from Wilkinson’s. it was really cheap and the brand is called essence.

Whenever I wear it my friends ask if I’ve had new filler in my lips as they look extra plump.

Going back to buy 25 tubes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Spin-off from the getting to know you thread.

My recent excellent purchase is Urban Decay Naked Honey. The golds and ambers are lovely, and it's a good mix of shimmer and matte so I don't have to supplement with other palettes to create a cohesive look. "

I very rarely wear full make up, usually just a bb Cream eye brows and mascara but I really appreciate make up wearers that are artists with it!! If I had a steadier hand I would be so much more into it.

I am a sucker for a highlighter though if you have an recommendations?

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Love makeup love dark lipsticks.

Before xmas I bought a Revlon palette called spice and it's all coppers and reddy browns.

I really struggle with foundation as I have eczema and very dry skin if anyone has any tips. I'm currently using no 7 tinted moisturiser and then a natural powder

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I’ve recently bought a lipgloss from Wilkinson’s. it was really cheap and the brand is called essence.

Whenever I wear it my friends ask if I’ve had new filler in my lips as they look extra plump.

Going back to buy 25 tubes "

I've been looking for a plumping one, is it containing plumping agents or is it just very shiny?

I might have to hit the shops as well

"I’ve recently bought a lipgloss from Wilkinson’s. it was really cheap and the brand is called essence.

got loads from there in past

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

I got GOT palette from Urban Decay and aside from the packaging i wasnt all that impressed. My go to palettes at the min are JS, Colourpop, Violet Voss and Glamlite and I got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette Vault from himself for Christmas. I have the prism palette already and i love it

Manchester (she/her)

I've heard great things about Essence, although usually the bits only available in the US

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Love glittery eyeshadows

Waterford

My recent excellent purchase is Urban Decay Naked Honey. The golds and ambers are lovely, and it's a good mix of shimmer and matte so I don't have to supplement with other palettes to create a cohesive look.

I very rarely wear full make up, usually just a bb Cream eye brows and mascara but I really appreciate make up wearers that are artists with it!! If I had a steadier hand I would be so much more into it.

"

Ofra. You can get them on beauty bay. they have a sale on at the minute.

Waterford

"Before xmas I bought a Revlon palette called spice and it's all coppers and reddy browns.

I really struggle with foundation as I have eczema and very dry skin if anyone has any tips. I'm currently using no 7 tinted moisturiser and then a natural powder "

Childs farm is supposed to be great for eczema. My bro uses it for his little fella

I splashed out over Christmas

I dropped through floor at prices.. Oh well it was out with old in with new. Still not worn any. Still I am all set as and when I do _naswingdress

Reminds me need to sharpen some of my old make up

"Before xmas I bought a Revlon palette called spice and it's all coppers and reddy browns.

I really struggle with foundation as I have eczema and very dry skin if anyone has any tips. I'm currently using no 7 tinted moisturiser and then a natural powder "

I use No7 BB cream which is fantastic.

When I had eczema I avoided all powders as they just cling to dry patches, and went with a dewy glow instead. If you’re looking to splash out, Ere Perez have an oat milk foundation

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I have really sensitive and dry skin. I use bare minerals complexion rescue it's a gel cream and I find it isn't drying.

If I'm going to use a foundation I'll use benefit dr.feelgood underneath to stop my skin drying or reacting

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Ooo, I'm going to have a look in my local and see if they have any in stock! I was tempted to buy the Glossier lipgloss but this ^ is definitely worth a try.

I did buy Glossier's Boy brow recently which is perfect if you're not a fan of pencilling in your brow - it brushes my eyebrows out like nothing else and helps frame my face a lot but keeps it all natural looking.

I really struggle with foundation as I have eczema and very dry skin if anyone has any tips. I'm currently using no 7 tinted moisturiser and then a natural powder

Childs farm is supposed to be great for eczema. My bro uses it for his little fella"

I have got some of that. I could use it as a base...hmmm hadnt thought of that before. Thanks

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Can anyone give any feedback on magnetic false eyelashes? Do they work? Which are the best type etc.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Practice. Tbh the details, no one usually looks that closely, and it's not that important to look Instagram perfect. If you want to, play.

Depends on what kind of finish/intensity you like (and your complexion). Maybelline Chrome Extreme are really good and pretty intense. I have one from Illamasqua which is stunningly beautiful, and a couple I got in a Mac palette. I use Benefit Dandelion Twinkle as my subtle one. You can also use a slightly lighter or yellow leaning concealer under your foundation as an extension of under eye darkness correction to create cheek highlight. (for me, I'm neutral leaning cool, so I wear the cool toned foundation and use the same depth warm foundation for that purpose)

Childs farm is supposed to be great for eczema. My bro uses it for his little fella"

He makes up his little fella?

Manchester (she/her)

Dry skin: skincare. Hyaluronic acid under your moisturiser and masks. I rate The Ordinary. Eczema, not too sure, depends on your sensitivities. I have somewhat sensitive skin but most makeup doesn't bother me, fortunately.

I’d love to find a really good setting spray! Any suggestions

Manchester (she/her)

"I got GOT palette from Urban Decay and aside from the packaging i wasnt all that impressed. My go to palettes at the min are JS, Colourpop, Violet Voss and Glamlite and I got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette Vault from himself for Christmas. I have the prism palette already and i love it"

I skipped the GOT palette and am glad I did tbh.

Also o fully rate the kylie Jenner matte glosses . They DO NOT budge come blowjob kiss anything ..

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I like a smoky eye

Particularly when the eyes have been watering and it's all smudgy and running down a cheek.

Manchester (she/her)

"I’d love to find a really good setting spray! Any suggestions "

Urban Decay All Nighter, look for the Christmas double set on clearance at the moment.

The Elf one is also supposed to be excellent for the price.

I've not tried Mac Fix+ but apparently Superdrug Vitamin E Hydrating Spray is an excellent dupe.

I use Superdrug’s own brand! It’s so cheap and the best I’ve ever used

"Can anyone give any feedback on magnetic false eyelashes? Do they work? Which are the best type etc. "

Ooh yes I'm interested to know this as well. I love wearing falsies but I'm that person trying to glue one back on at midnight when tiddly

"I like a smoky eye

Particularly when the eyes have been watering and it's all smudgy and running down a cheek."

Typical man haha

Practice. Tbh the details, no one usually looks that closely, and it's not that important to look Instagram perfect. If you want to, play.

Depends on what kind of finish/intensity you like (and your complexion). Maybelline Chrome Extreme are really good and pretty intense. I have one from Illamasqua which is stunningly beautiful, and a couple I got in a Mac palette. I use Benefit Dandelion Twinkle as my subtle one. You can also use a slightly lighter or yellow leaning concealer under your foundation as an extension of under eye darkness correction to create cheek highlight. (for me, I'm neutral leaning cool, so I wear the cool toned foundation and use the same depth warm foundation for that purpose) "

I’ll definitely need to get some practice in.

Im neutral leaning warm with green eyes. I have one from MUA at the moment which i cannot fault as a product, the pigmentation is fantastic, but it’s too white for my complexion.

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

Gorilla Glue

Manchester (she/her)

Depends on what kind of finish/intensity you like (and your complexion). Maybelline Chrome Extreme are really good and pretty intense. I have one from Illamasqua which is stunningly beautiful, and a couple I got in a Mac palette. I use Benefit Dandelion Twinkle as my subtle one. You can also use a slightly lighter or yellow leaning concealer under your foundation as an extension of under eye darkness correction to create cheek highlight. (for me, I'm neutral leaning cool, so I wear the cool toned foundation and use the same depth warm foundation for that purpose)

Im neutral leaning warm with green eyes. I have one from MUA at the moment which i cannot fault as a product, the pigmentation is fantastic, but it’s too white for my complexion. "

It washes off and your bathroom mirror won't tell anyone about the mistakes you make (we all do)

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!

My winged eyeliner will stay put haha

Waterford

"I got GOT palette from Urban Decay and aside from the packaging i wasnt all that impressed. My go to palettes at the min are JS, Colourpop, Violet Voss and Glamlite and I got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette Vault from himself for Christmas. I have the prism palette already and i love it

I skipped the GOT palette and am glad I did tbh. "

Yup total waste of money u did right

Wicked Thankyou!

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I recently purchased Tati Westbrook's new pallet and it's my go to for the night time glam. But, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Palette is my favourite. For lips I use

Buxom in the shade Sandy. It has a lip plumper in it and it feels great on.

Im neutral leaning warm with green eyes. I have one from MUA at the moment which i cannot fault as a product, the pigmentation is fantastic, but it’s too white for my complexion.

It washes off and your bathroom mirror won't tell anyone about the mistakes you make (we all do) "

I may start documenting my greatest makeup fails. I know there’s bound to be plenty!

I’ve just had some ted baker sets, I keep trying to do the smokey eyes and follow the instructions on you tube but doesn’t look right. I could do with a good lip plumper as mine are getting really thin x

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I'm yet to find a stay all night play proof vegan lippy if anyone has any pointers.

I only use cruelty free products by choice.

Brands I tend to use are: elf, urban decay, jeferee star, kat von D, superdrug own (actually very good), make up revolution, Barry M, too faced.

Also if you can be arsed with the mess TK maxx sometimes have some amazing makeup bargains.

Are you allergic to it? My lips swell up when I’m allergic to something

hiding from cock pics.

"Can anyone give any feedback on magnetic false eyelashes? Do they work? Which are the best type etc. "

I have bought a pair and cannot get them on at all. I would love to know if anyone has success with these

Somewhere

Our local Morphe store carry them. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

"Love glittery eyeshadows"

I have been using Barry M dazzle dust. Always worked well for me, some lovely colours too!

What does a setting spray do?

Manchester (she/her)

Are you allergic to it? My lips swell up when I’m allergic to something "

Men!

Manchester (she/her)

"I’d love to find a really good setting spray! Any suggestions

What does a setting spray do?"

Stops makeup from fading or sliding off. Personally product choice and primer (what it sounds like more or less) do more for me, but they all have a place.

Men! "

I was just joking. I’m in here because I’m interested. I know little about make up except experiencing seeing the results. I appreciate the art but know bugger all about the craft.

Somewhere

Maxx Fix Plus and Prep works well for me but it's getting difficult to find.

What does a setting spray do?

Stops makeup from fading or sliding off. Personally product choice and primer (what it sounds like more or less) do more for me, but they all have a place. "

Ok.

What stops lipstick and eye make up from ending up all over your face when giving blowjobs and having sex?

Somewhere

What does a setting spray do?"

It holds your makeup in place so it won't fade or run. It keeps it looking fresh.

Manchester (she/her)

Men! I was just joking. I’m in here because I’m interested. I know little about make up except experiencing seeing the results. I appreciate the art but know bugger all about the craft."

I genuinely enjoy the craft myself. How I can change myself depending on what I use.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"I’ve just had some ted baker sets, I keep trying to do the smokey eyes and follow the instructions on you tube but doesn’t look right. I could do with a good lip plumper as mine are getting really thin x "
I have struggled with smokey keys followed YouTube tutorials and ended up looking like a panda

Waterford

If anyone has anyy tips on how to get estee lauder double wear out of brushes be great. 3 brushes have been ruined so far and ive spent a fortune trying all diff types of brush cleaner

Somewhere

"What stops lipstick and eye make up from ending up all over your face when giving blowjobs and having sex?"

See note on setting spray.

Plymouth

Men! I was just joking. I’m in here because I’m interested. I know little about make up except experiencing seeing the results. I appreciate the art but know bugger all about the craft."

One of the best make up artists who's ever been near my face was a man and he was super talented!! I'll upload the pic to our gallery.

Manchester (she/her)

"What stops lipstick and eye make up from ending up all over your face when giving blowjobs and having sex?"

Lipstick, unless you use very drying liquid lipsticks, nothing.

Eyeshadow, primer, setting spray, waterproof mascara, the product, some luck.

Face products... Nothing really.

Somewhere

"If anyone has anyy tips on how to get estee lauder double wear out of brushes be great. 3 brushes have been ruined so far and ive spent a fortune trying all diff types of brush cleaner"

Dove bar soap or Dawn liquid dish soap.

Waterford

"I’ve just had some ted baker sets, I keep trying to do the smokey eyes and follow the instructions on you tube but doesn’t look right. I could do with a good lip plumper as mine are getting really thin x I have struggled with smokey keys followed YouTube tutorials and ended up looking like a panda "

I follow one particular girl on youtube and she really breaks it down. Ive learned the most from her i have to say. Other ones are way too complicated but smokey eye does take a bit of practice

"If anyone has anyy tips on how to get estee lauder double wear out of brushes be great. 3 brushes have been ruined so far and ive spent a fortune trying all diff types of brush cleaner"

That is the worst!!!

Fairy liquid worked for me, I left it to soak in hot water and fairly liquid then had to really brush then hard on a bobbled surface.

Waterford

"If anyone has anyy tips on how to get estee lauder double wear out of brushes be great. 3 brushes have been ruined so far and ive spent a fortune trying all diff types of brush cleaner

Dove bar soap or Dawn liquid dish soap."

Ive never seen dawn. Is that an american brand?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I want to be good at make up but I'm not. I wear it every day but I want to be able to do eye liner flicks, false

lashes, that really heavy eye make up etc. Not every day but there are occasions when it would be nice.

I've looked at YouTube but I get very cross with the holding up of eye pencils and wiggling them while taking ages to explain something.

So I'll read with interest

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Baby shampoo I've found to be really good at washing make up brushes

Waterford

"If anyone has anyy tips on how to get estee lauder double wear out of brushes be great. 3 brushes have been ruined so far and ive spent a fortune trying all diff types of brush cleaner

That is the worst!!!

Fairy liquid worked for me, I left it to soak in hot water and fairly liquid then had to really brush then hard on a bobbled surface.

"

tried it and destroyed my morphe brush. The bristles went all weird

That is the worst!!!

tried it and destroyed my morphe brush. The bristles went all weird"

Oh no! What about shampoo for oily hair?

Plymouth

"What stops lipstick and eye make up from ending up all over your face when giving blowjobs and having sex?

Face products... Nothing really. "

A chap I work with had a brand new jacket on our work event a few weeks back. One hug from me his expensive jacket was covered in foundation!! Oops

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

That is the worst!!!

tried it and destroyed my morphe brush. The bristles went all weird"

How about those little automated brush cleaners?

"I’ve just had some ted baker sets, I keep trying to do the smokey eyes and follow the instructions on you tube but doesn’t look right. I could do with a good lip plumper as mine are getting really thin x I have struggled with smokey keys followed YouTube tutorials and ended up looking like a panda

I follow one particular girl on youtube and she really breaks it down. Ive learned the most from her i have to say. Other ones are way too complicated but smokey eye does take a bit of practice"

Oh who is she, I love Jeffrey Starr usually x

Waterford

That is the worst!!!

tried it and destroyed my morphe brush. The bristles went all weird

Oh no! What about shampoo for oily hair? "

I got a makeup brush soap in the blank canvas set so i might that a go. Ive seen on beautylish a makeup brush soap and its supposed to be the business so might give that a whirl too. Im using nars at the min because i dont want any more brushes destroyed ha ha but i like the full coverage of the estee lauder

Waterford

"I’ve just had some ted baker sets, I keep trying to do the smokey eyes and follow the instructions on you tube but doesn’t look right. I could do with a good lip plumper as mine are getting really thin x I have struggled with smokey keys followed YouTube tutorials and ended up looking like a panda

I follow one particular girl on youtube and she really breaks it down. Ive learned the most from her i have to say. Other ones are way too complicated but smokey eye does take a bit of practice

Oh who is she, I love Jeffrey Starr usually x "

Denitslava. Absolute sweetheart. She did a couple of smokey eye tutorials recently for xmas and new years looks

Manchester (she/her)

I use Elf brush shampoo, and sometimes stubborn products take a few washes to get out, but I've not tried Double Wear. (although I usually apply foundation with my fingers)

"Can anyone give any feedback on magnetic false eyelashes? Do they work? Which are the best type etc.

Our local Morphe store carry them. I've heard nothing but good things about them."

1. There is a learning curve to putting them on. Once you hear them snap into place you feel awsome.

2. They do stay put, easy to slide off.

3. You have to use mascara before to give them a bit of grip, also to kind of blend in better.

4. They dont fit like normal fake lashes; so a lot of experimenting needed to find the right ones unless you want over the top drama.

I used an expensive version and then ardells version. I liked both, but I was going for a very dramatic heavy heavy like Katy Perry thick look. I have very naturally long thick lashes anyways which made it much easier however what I loved is the clicking sound and also no bunches, no clumping, and no sliding and no lashes lost after.

Hope this helps.

Btw - plumping lip gloss - the best is bonne belle; lasts forever and does not smudge off.

Manchester (she/her)

I enjoy Wayne Goss on YouTube and the blog Temptalia for reviews.

Use liquid eyeliner for wings etc so much better

Use liquid eyeliner for wings etc so much better

Denitslava. Absolute sweetheart. She did a couple of smokey eye tutorials recently for xmas and new years looks"

Thanks, I will check her out x

I definitely want to perfect winged liner. I need a dummys guide to make up tutorial though

Manchester (she/her)

"I definitely want to perfect winged liner. I need a dummys guide to make up tutorial though "

I'm working on mine. You need to fuck it up a lot first

"I definitely want to perfect winged liner. I need a dummys guide to make up tutorial though

I'm working on mine. You need to fuck it up a lot first "

I tried contouring my nose. I did the line wonky so it looked like I broke my nose

Winged eyeliner wasn’t even a little bit even which definitely did not help with my already wonky face.

Highlighter was bitching though- even in the wrong shade

"I definitely want to perfect winged liner. I need a dummys guide to make up tutorial though "

Use a spoon flush against your eyelash line and never go on thick.

"I definitely want to perfect winged liner. I need a dummys guide to make up tutorial though

Use a spoon flush against your eyelash line and never go on thick."

Game changer

Manchester (she/her)

I tried contouring my nose. I did the line wonky so it looked like I broke my nose

Winged eyeliner wasn’t even a little bit even which definitely did not help with my already wonky face.

Highlighter was bitching though- even in the wrong shade "

I do the 3 contouring, not the other stuff. My wings are a work in progress lol

Manchester (she/her)

The wing advice I follow, is follow the line of your lower lid and lash line. I do it free hand from there and extend the thickness of my upper lid eyeliner to join it. Apart from that it seems to be mostly about steady hand, symmetry more or less, and being confident in what I've done.

I use a marker style eyeliner for my wings, although I usually prefer pencil.

Waterford

I use sellotape to do my wing lol. Fail safe. Kind of

forget the fab running group, looks like there’s a fab winging group

Manchester (she/her)

I run by myself lol

"What stops lipstick and eye make up from ending up all over your face when giving blowjobs and having sex?

Face products... Nothing really. "

Ah ok. Thanks That explains a lot

Highlighter was bitching though- even in the wrong shade "

What is winged eyeliner?

Ok another typical man question. What lipstick tastes and feels good when you kiss?

Waterford

"Ok another typical man question. What lipstick tastes and feels good when you kiss?"

Sugarpill and Too faced have nice scented ones and not overly drying.

Winged liner is the flick at the corner of the eye

"Can anyone give any feedback on magnetic false eyelashes? Do they work? Which are the best type etc.

I have bought a pair and cannot get them on at all. I would love to know if anyone has success with these"

I saw a YouTube video where the girl cut the bottom one into 3 pieces containing a magnet on each and just concentrates on doing each end then the middle.

I can't do glued ones they end up stuck to the carpet not taken the plunge for magnetic ones as i would worry about losing them and they aint cheap!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

What is winged eyeliner?"

Eyeliner that's applied on to the lid that creates an almost winged effect at the tip. It can be extended out as much as people want, as thick as they want etc. I think it's like cateye but I might be wrong.

Manchester (she/her)

"Ok another typical man question. What lipstick tastes and feels good when you kiss?"

Winged eyeliner is where the eyeliner extends beyond the eye on the outside. Sometimes called cat eye or feline flick. Think Cleopatra (not necessarily how it's done now, but you'll immediately have a picture)

Hard to know! Some lipsticks are scented or flavoured, others not. It's not necessarily a priority tbh. I find the signature Mac vanilla scent pretty inoffensive.

I suspect feeling good is mostly about lip condition over lipstick itself, work behind the scenes. Creamier ones feel nicer but will make a bigger mess.

Waterford

I have bought a pair and cannot get them on at all. I would love to know if anyone has success with these

I saw a YouTube video where the girl cut the bottom one into 3 pieces containing a magnet on each and just concentrates on doing each end then the middle.

I can't do glued ones they end up stuck to the carpet not taken the plunge for magnetic ones as i would worry about losing them and they aint cheap! "

think you can get ones now that come with a magnetic eyeliner so u dont have to worry about trying to get the sets to click togther

"Ok another typical man question. What lipstick tastes and feels good when you kiss?

Winged eyeliner is where the eyeliner extends beyond the eye on the outside. Sometimes called cat eye or feline flick. Think Cleopatra (not necessarily how it's done now, but you'll immediately have a picture)

Hard to know! Some lipsticks are scented or flavoured, others not. It's not necessarily a priority tbh. I find the signature Mac vanilla scent pretty inoffensive.

I suspect feeling good is mostly about lip condition over lipstick itself, work behind the scenes. Creamier ones feel nicer but will make a bigger mess. "

That’s interesting thanks. I like the winged eyeliner effect then, it can look great. I must ask when I particularly enjoy the experience of kissing someone wearing lipstick what they are wearing. Haven’t done it for years

What is winged eyeliner?

Eyeliner that's applied on to the lid that creates an almost winged effect at the tip. It can be extended out as much as people want, as thick as they want etc. I think it's like cateye but I might be wrong."

Thanks Meli

"Ok another typical man question. What lipstick tastes and feels good when you kiss?

Sugarpill and Too faced have nice scented ones and not overly drying.

Winged liner is the flick at the corner of the eye"

Thank you

I can't do glued ones they end up stuck to the carpet not taken the plunge for magnetic ones as i would worry about losing them and they aint cheap!

think you can get ones now that come with a magnetic eyeliner so u dont have to worry about trying to get the sets to click togther

"

Lola Lashes are with the eyeliner, they look incredible but I’ve not yet tried them. I’m hopeless with glue ons so I’m keen to try them!

By *edVelveteenCouple  over a year ago

Heaven in the Midlands

"I want to be good at make up but I'm not. I wear it every day but I want to be able to do eye liner flicks, false

lashes, that really heavy eye make up etc. Not every day but there are occasions when it would be nice.

I've looked at YouTube but I get very cross with the holding up of eye pencils and wiggling them while taking ages to explain something.

So I'll read with interest "

And me.

Manchester (she/her)

I generally prefer written tutorials tbh.

A lot of counters will do makeover/lessons, paid for with product purchase. I've had two Mac lessons and they really upped my game. (they changed their format since I last did though)

Somewhere

Dove bar soap or Dawn liquid dish soap.

Ive never seen dawn. Is that an american brand? "

It may go by another name in the UK.

Somewhere

I've tried and tried but I just can't get them even.

Somewhere

Denitslava. Absolute sweetheart. She did a couple of smokey eye tutorials recently for xmas and new years looks"

Is she on YouTube?

I've tried and tried but I just can't get them even."

I’ve had spoons and sellotape recommended so far on this thread so I’m going to keep playing around and see what works.

I find as soon as I get one just how I want it, the other is doomed to never match!

Morphe do an amazing one

Somewhere

I’ve had spoons and sellotape recommended so far on this thread so I’m going to keep playing around and see what works.

I find as soon as I get one just how I want it, the other is doomed to never match! "

I'm going to try the spoon method. Practice, practice.

hiding from cock pics.

I have the Primark setting spray, it works fine for me although it's my first one ever so I have nothing to compare it with.

Manchester (she/her)

I've given up on perfect. No one can tell most of my fuckups because they're not staring at me from inches away through a magnifying glass

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I use YSL lippy RED no. 91 or on occasions Christian Louboutin in the original red colour. That one lasts for ages and tastes absolutely divine!

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I use both YSL primer, absolutely brilliant product and YSL foundation. Stays all day

Manchester (she/her)

I have Dior 999 and find the scent a bit too much. The Mac scent fades.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I haven't bought new make up recently apart from replacements of things I already had. One thing i couldn't live without though is my Anastasia Beverly hills brow pomade.

"I haven't bought new make up recently apart from replacements of things I already had. One thing i couldn't live without though is my Anastasia Beverly hills brow pomade."

Yes yes yes

I used to only wear foundations that were expensive £25+ however superdrugs revolution range is as good as the high end ranges.

Manchester (she/her)

My brow game is poor, lol. I use a pencil, Gimme Brow or a dupe, and eyeshadow if I want it really bold.

"I used to only wear foundations that were expensive £25+ however superdrugs revolution range is as good as the high end ranges."

I’ve recently gone on to that and love it. Also Elf

Manchester (she/her)

"I used to only wear foundations that were expensive £25+ however superdrugs revolution range is as good as the high end ranges."

I rate Boots No 7 foundation.

"My brow game is poor, lol. I use a pencil, Gimme Brow or a dupe, and eyeshadow if I want it really bold. "

A really good brow pencil is Superdrug’s own brand. It’s perfect for building

"

Highlighter wise try Jeffree Star cosmetics they are amazing

Manchester (she/her)

"My brow game is poor, lol. I use a pencil, Gimme Brow or a dupe, and eyeshadow if I want it really bold.

A really good brow pencil is Superdrug’s own brand. It’s perfect for building "

Didn't know that. I use a Nyx one, which is supposed to be a decent dupe of the Anastasia one. I like it well enough.

morphe or mac setting spray oh and also urban decay

Liverpool

"My brow game is poor, lol. I use a pencil, Gimme Brow or a dupe, and eyeshadow if I want it really bold. "

My brows are probably the part of my make up I concentrate the most on if I'm not doing fancy eye make up. I'm not a fan of pencils anymore since discovering brow pomade.

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

My recent excellent purchase is Urban Decay Naked Honey. The golds and ambers are lovely, and it's a good mix of shimmer and matte so I don't have to supplement with other palettes to create a cohesive look. "

I've just got this palette too but not done any experimenting yet!

Am currently in love with my Dior airflash foundation and my conspiracy palette by JSC X Shane Dawson

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

"I haven't bought new make up recently apart from replacements of things I already had. One thing i couldn't live without though is my Anastasia Beverly hills brow pomade."

I use the brow wiz in this range and love it

Manchester (she/her)

I've just got this palette too but not done any experimenting yet!"

It's amazing against my baby blues.

I blame this thread for the £50 I spent on makeup today lol

By *angbangFantasyWoman  over a year ago

London

Ooh yes I'm interested to know this as well. I love wearing falsies but I'm that person trying to glue one back on at midnight when tiddly "

Use duo lash glue

"I blame this thread for the £50 I spent on makeup today lol"

Yep! This thread is to blame for my shopping spree this afternoon as well

London

"My brow game is poor, lol. I use a pencil, Gimme Brow or a dupe, and eyeshadow if I want it really bold.

My brows are probably the part of my make up I concentrate the most on if I'm not doing fancy eye make up. I'm not a fan of pencils anymore since discovering brow pomade."

I use Etude House (Korean brand) for my eyebrows, has a waxy texture so stays longer against the natural oils from my face.

hiding from cock pics.

Does anybody use Revolution palettes, I quite like my astrological palette

London

"Does anybody use Revolution palettes, I quite like my astrological palette"

Yes I have a couple of them

"Does anybody use Revolution palettes, I quite like my astrological palette

Yes I have a couple of them "

I bought one today, can’t wait to play around with it

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

My favourite buy of 2019 was the UD Game of Thrones palette.

The shades are bloody beautiful and almost as good as the Alice in Wonderland one.

By *uciferLingerieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Personally I think many women wear too much make-up these days (probably mostly younger women) not that I don't like women wearing make-up!

It has also been said I wear too much lingerie! I've only ever had my nails done a couple of times though wouldn't mind if a lady wanted to do me up!

hiding from cock pics.

"Does anybody use Revolution palettes, I quite like my astrological palette

Yes I have a couple of them

I bought one today, can’t wait to play around with it "

I have just found that they have some of the pallets in a half price sale on their website with free delivery over £25.

Thank me later!!!

By *adyx4Woman  over a year ago

Durham

"Am currently in love with my Dior airflash foundation and my conspiracy palette by JSC X Shane Dawson"

Not jealous that you managed to get your hands on this at all!

Somewhere

"Am currently in love with my Dior airflash foundation and my conspiracy palette by JSC X Shane Dawson

Not jealous that you managed to get your hands on this at all! "

Me either

Manchester (she/her)

"Personally I think many women wear too much make-up these days (probably mostly younger women) not that I don't like women wearing make-up!

It has also been said I wear too much lingerie! I've only ever had my nails done a couple of times though wouldn't mind if a lady wanted to do me up! "

Personally I think it's my face and I'll do what I like. And it's your body and you can do what you like.

Manchester (she/her)

... Oh. Anyone else tried the new Love Me lipstick formula from Mac? It's not as good as they claim. It never is, lol. But it is really lovely.

Manchester (she/her)

Bump

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I always struggled to get eyeshadow to blend, so decided to buy better quality brands. Currently using Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden and Urban Decay. These are loads better, so was worth the investment.

I have tried expensive foundations but struggle with colour matching, so end up back with Avon cream to powder in ivory for full coverage.

Will try the suggested brands for setting spray... not had much joy with it so far.

Manchester (she/her)

My eyeshadows are mostly Urban Decay, I have some Mac, and Sleek.

"I always struggled to get eyeshadow to blend, so decided to buy better quality brands. Currently using Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden and Urban Decay. These are loads better, so was worth the investment.

I have tried expensive foundations but struggle with colour matching, so end up back with Avon cream to powder in ivory for full coverage.

Will try the suggested brands for setting spray... not had much joy with it so far."

No7 foundation’s are great! Setting spray and pallets have a look on morphe, they are brilliant. Jeffery star endorses them. They have a big shop here in Liverpool and are reasonably priced. X

"I always struggled to get eyeshadow to blend, so decided to buy better quality brands. Currently using Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden and Urban Decay. These are loads better, so was worth the investment.

Will try the suggested brands for setting spray... not had much joy with it so far.

No7 foundation’s are great! Setting spray and pallets have a look on morphe, they are brilliant. Jeffery star endorses them. They have a big shop here in Liverpool and are reasonably priced. X"

Re: setting spray cosmopolitan magazine rated there’s no 1!

By *zQTWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I bought the naked honey and it’s nice but I find more evening wear. I also bought the top face natural lust and gingerbread palette. I am in love with both too faced palettes. The colours are very pigmented and just blend really nicely.

I have also found the benefit cheerleaders palette for contouring the best yet.

By *zQTWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

No7 foundation’s are great! Setting spray and pallets have a look on morphe, they are brilliant. Jeffery star endorses them. They have a big shop here in Liverpool and are reasonably priced. X

Re: setting spray cosmopolitan magazine rated there’s no 1!"

For setting spray yet again I find urban decay all nighter and the top faced hangover spray the best yet. I urban decay normally and if I stay out for a long long time, as I have oily skin, I carry the hangover spray with me.

I do recommend them

Manchester (she/her)

"I bought the naked honey and it’s nice but I find more evening wear. I also bought the top face natural lust and gingerbread palette. I am in love with both too faced palettes. The colours are very pigmented and just blend really nicely.

I have also found the benefit cheerleaders palette for contouring the best yet. "

I find it pretty multipurpose, although it depends on what primer I use and how I make the look work. Some of the shimmers are a bit bolder than similar in other palettes I've got, certainly.

I agree about the No 7 foundation, it's my favourite

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I'm not sure what half the words/make up techniques in this thread even mean. My make up must look shit!

Little tip if your make becomes dry, spray a bit of setting spray on your sponge or brush when applying, or even carry in your bag.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm not sure what half the words/make up techniques in this thread even mean. My make up must look shit!"

I doubt it, and questions welcome

"I bought the naked honey and it’s nice but I find more evening wear. I also bought the top face natural lust and gingerbread palette. I am in love with both too faced palettes. The colours are very pigmented and just blend really nicely.

I have also found the benefit cheerleaders palette for contouring the best yet.

I find it pretty multipurpose, although it depends on what primer I use and how I make the look work. Some of the shimmers are a bit bolder than similar in other palettes I've got, certainly.

I agree about the No 7 foundation, it's my favourite "

I have always used Dior or Mac but lately found they aged me ( I only ever use FULL coverage) when I’m going out otherwise I use semi. But last time I went out my MUA used No7 on me and I loved it, wasn’t cakey and yet felt like full coverage. I like Dewey look so she used a full highlighter over by Charlotte tillsbury,

Manchester (she/her)

I also like to mix my matte foundation with Mac Natural Radiance.

"I also like to mix my matte foundation with Mac Natural Radiance. "

I love mixing my foundations, my face body from Mac I hate alone but I like mixing with others.

Waterford

Denitslava. Absolute sweetheart. She did a couple of smokey eye tutorials recently for xmas and new years looks

Is she on YouTube?"

Yep she is and on instagram

Manchester (she/her)

"I also like to mix my matte foundation with Mac Natural Radiance.

I love mixing my foundations, my face body from Mac I hate alone but I like mixing with others. "

Oh it's less mixing colours, more, the slight shimmer I get out of the Natural Radiance (pink) makes my foundation less matte. I can't get away with true dewy, I just look wet.

Waterford

I find as soon as I get one just how I want it, the other is doomed to never match! "

I used to use a small ruler that was in one my kids pencil sets so they would be even lol

I think the single men have well and truly stopped paying attention. Let’s start planning.

We attack at dawn

I find as soon as I get one just how I want it, the other is doomed to never match!

I used to use a small ruler that was in one my kids pencil sets so they would be even lol"

I tried the spoon trick last night. Nearly took my eye out

I love mixing my foundations, my face body from Mac I hate alone but I like mixing with others.

Oh it's less mixing colours, more, the slight shimmer I get out of the Natural Radiance (pink) makes my foundation less matte. I can't get away with true dewy, I just look wet. "

Loads of MUA mix foundations, it’s just part of mix and match I suppose to meet a perfect to a skin tone. I’m a nail tech and I mix and match acrylic powders. X

Waterford

I used to use a small ruler that was in one my kids pencil sets so they would be even lol

I tried the spoon trick last night. Nearly took my eye out "

feck lol. Try the sellotape so lol

I tried the spoon trick last night. Nearly took my eye out

feck lol. Try the sellotape so lol"

Celotape leaves a harsh line, try surgical tape but lower than you’d usually do your wing or smokey eye, only to give way for what you’d do under eye (smoke) and rub off

Manchester (she/her)

Oh it's less mixing colours, more, the slight shimmer I get out of the Natural Radiance (pink) makes my foundation less matte. I can't get away with true dewy, I just look wet.

Loads of MUA mix foundations, it’s just part of mix and match I suppose to meet a perfect to a skin tone. I’m a nail tech and I mix and match acrylic powders. X"

Oh no, I know it's done, it's more that I haven't. I just use the products to change the finish a bit. I've got an excellent match with my No 7 foundation.

"I'm yet to find a stay all night play proof vegan lippy if anyone has any pointers.

I only use cruelty free products by choice.

Brands I tend to use are: elf, urban decay, jeferee star, kat von D, superdrug own (actually very good), make up revolution, Barry M, too faced.

Also if you can be arsed with the mess TK maxx sometimes have some amazing makeup bargains. "

Like crime liquid lipsticks are vegan and they stay put also the kat von d liquid ones as well

Manchester (she/her)

I suspect my main issue with my wings is that I'm a wimp and they're always tiny haha

"I suspect my main issue with my wings is that I'm a wimp and they're always tiny haha"

Have you tried the dot technique?

Manchester (she/her)

"I suspect my main issue with my wings is that I'm a wimp and they're always tiny haha

Have you tried the dot technique?"

No. It's more... I find there's a learning curve with it and I always start conservatively. But I don't do wings often enough that they grow, lol

"I suspect my main issue with my wings is that I'm a wimp and they're always tiny haha

No. It's more... I find there's a learning curve with it and I always start conservatively. But I don't do wings often enough that they grow, lol"

I know what your saying, your like myself your learn by your own techniques? I don’t myself wear eyeliner as I find it leaks or blots onto my upper lid, even though I have a big eye lid. X

Waterford

theres the bobby pin technique as well. dunno how well it works now ive never tried it.

Manchester (she/her)

No. It's more... I find there's a learning curve with it and I always start conservatively. But I don't do wings often enough that they grow, lol

I know what your saying, your like myself your learn by your own techniques? I don’t myself wear eyeliner as I find it leaks or blots onto my upper lid, even though I have a big eye lid. X"

Yes.

And mostly I just line to the edge of the lid anyway. I do it as well as wings when I do wings.

How about some hair techniques? I have very long hair (bum length) and thick. I struggle with up do’s as it’s so heavy

Manchester (she/her)

"How about some hair techniques? I have very long hair (bum length) and thick. I struggle with up do’s as it’s so heavy "

Oh god my hair. Don't talk to me about hair I hate it

"How about some hair techniques? I have very long hair (bum length) and thick. I struggle with up do’s as it’s so heavy

Oh god my hair. Don't talk to me about hair I hate it "

I hate mine with a passion

Manchester (she/her)

"How about some hair techniques? I have very long hair (bum length) and thick. I struggle with up do’s as it’s so heavy

I hate mine with a passion "

Me too. Unfortunately I look ridiculous with it short.

Liverpool

"How about some hair techniques? I have very long hair (bum length) and thick. I struggle with up do’s as it’s so heavy "

Haha I do too at the moment. It basically won't do anything other than straight or a slight curl in the ends. Considering one of my biennial hair culls and cutting like 8 inches off it

Me too. Unfortunately I look ridiculous with it short. "

Totally missed this thread, but will look out for part 2... xx Niki

Me too. Unfortunately I look ridiculous with it short. "

Same. Mines like 2” thick and past my bum , it needs cutting it’s old fashioned and just heavy.