FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Age - you having a laugh.

Age - you having a laugh.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oodnitegirl OP   Woman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Brought to mind by my bobby 70th bday thread.

I have two ‘acquaintances’ on here. Both men. Both have themselves listed as 40. One I KNOW is about 53 and the other is deffo the wrong side of 45.

Now I get a couple of years to stop the missus from finding you or whatever but surely that is just deceitful. I’m not offended by it. I find it cringe AF.

Is it more to get round the filters thing (do women do this?) but disrespectful aswell if you ask me.

And before anyone says ‘just don’t meet them then’ it’s ok. I’ve already einsteined that one myself!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm really not sure, I'd assume it's just to get around filters of the younger women they probably want to meet.

I imagine some women do it too, though I'm not one of them.

Did you ask them why they did so?

By *atex and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Most likely filters.

But woman have been hiding there ages for centuries....

I've met women who look like they've been found in a pyramid.....although they said they where 30 etc on their profile

Maybe it makes them feel good getting attention from a younger crowd!

Yorkshire

"Did you ask them why they did so? "

One said for the filters. The other I think just lies that much he now actually believes he’s only 40

I met a guy who told me he was 36. Met him and thought ‘okay he’s had a hard life I guess’ as he looked about 40ish.

He eventually came clean and said he was 50 when we met (so now 52). Yay!!!!!

(Also he’s very good looking and did not look 50, I would say he looked about 40 at most)

People lie about their ages all the time in every day life what makes here any different?? From trying to get into nightclub to buying alcohol it's accepted that it happens there so why not happen here? Relax, live and let live.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I met a fella who stated he was 48 but it turned out he was 58

I’m rubbish at guessing a person’s age.

So that’s why I’m having so much trouble finding someone to have fun with, I’m being honest, 55 today. That’s a few less people who I can connect with I guess.

By *ad steMan  over a year ago

Southport

I don't see the point in lying In any part of a profile the truth comes out always me personally I don't look at ages if I like what I see then I do if I don't and I don't

I've always said never ask me a question that you don't want an honest answer to get me into a lot of trouble though

"People lie about their ages all the time in every day life what makes here any different?? From trying to get into nightclub to buying alcohol it's accepted that it happens there so why not happen here? Relax, live and let live."

Just because it’s commonly done, doesn’t mean it’s right and we shouldn’t be bothered by it.

"Did you ask them why they did so?

One said for the filters. The other I think just lies that much he now actually believes he’s only 40 "

that made me giggle

By *adetMan  over a year ago

South Ipswich

I'm 41 and I still get bloody ID'd

I don't see the point in lying about your age though as it's usually going to be fairly obvious when meeting someone

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

"I've met women who look like they've been found in a pyramid.....although they said they where 30 etc on their profile

Maybe it makes them feel good getting attention from a younger crowd!"

Found in a pyramid ha ha ha. That made me snort.

It's usually pretty obvious I think I've had a few pics sent to me over the years and I've thought it's obvious they are not that age.

I tend to not think about age much as I prefer older but will judge by the way someone looks rather than their age but I hate being lied to

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Lots on here seem to have had hard lives judging from the ages. We jokingly look at their location & think of suitable tough jobs they might have done.

Miner, steel worker, blacksmith, Tiger wrangler (They lived near a safari park) Etc.

And that was just the women!

We don’t get it either, I could probably get away with it at under 50 but I won’t do it just to meet someone who’s dead set on an age, as they probably wouldn’t be for us anyway.

Attraction is far more important than age.

S

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Isn't it a huge disappointment when someone has lied about their age and rather pitiful.

Well if people lie about a simple thing as there age it just makes me wonder what else they lie about,not good

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"Well if people lie about a simple thing as there age it just makes me wonder what else they lie about,not good "

I found out the hard way. No wonder I'm all jaded.

As for the age thing, most fibbers will tell you their actual age if asked. They just think we're stupid enough to believe them at first.

By *allgirthyMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

Seems like a really pointless thing to do - you are who you are and you’ll surely always be found out eventually. Definitely not something I’d ever even think of doing but maybe ask me again when I’m double my age now!

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

I’m actually 44 but my profile says 45. Partly because P44 didn’t have the same ring to it. I shall be 45 forever yay!!

"So that’s why I’m having so much trouble finding someone to have fun with, I’m being honest, 55 today. That’s a few less people who I can connect with I guess."

I guess some would think if you say your 55 than you’d actually be older, viscous circle mate

I’m my true age, if people don’t want to meet because of it then that’s up to them

I honestly know I could pass for 40 all day long but I won’t lie about it

By *urvyandCurious999Woman  over a year ago

Hiding from twats

I use my real age on here, but I was still getting ID'd for alcohol until about a year ago. So a few people have assumed I'm lying.

I've met some men that are blatantly lying about their age though. And using very old photos on their profiles. I really don't see the point, because it's usually fairly obvious when you meet them.

One guy I meet from here is 10 years older than he claims, but he doesn't look it and I'd never have met him if he had his correct age on his profile because of my filters. So I guess it's not always a bad thing?

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I'd say it's definitely to get around age filters. I don't see the point in doing this. When something begins with a lie it rarely ends well.

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

My age is genuine but I've learned to expect women to have knocked about 5 years off their age on here.

Some people don’t look their age tho,so may well get away with their Fab age being a a few years under their actual age.

You do see some pics tho and either they’ve used pics from 15 years ago,or they had two paper rounds to add to their milk round

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

Our ages are genuine but think most of the people we’ve met have knocked between 2 and 10 years off theirs. I think we look our ages, but the longer I’m on fab I think we look much younger than our ages ‘in fab world’ lol in the rest of the world I think we look like normal 50 & 52 year olds.

Stockport

"My age is genuine but I've learned to expect women to have knocked about 5 years off their age on here. "

It’s not just the women!

It makes me cross, OP. I don't lie about my age and find it unnecessarily disingenuous when others do.

Quite simply I don't like being lied to or having my intelligence insulted. That's why I think it's wrong.

Getting around filters is also wrong in my book, people have them for their own very valid reasons and for another person to decide that persons reasons aren't valid to them is bang out of order.

It's taking away a persons right to choose based on the truth.

P

"My age is genuine but I've learned to expect women to have knocked about 5 years off their age on here. "

I’m definitely 27

By *allgirthyMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

"My age is genuine but I've learned to expect women to have knocked about 5 years off their age on here.

I’m definitely 27 "

Lies! You don’t look a day over 26!

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

My age is genuine, both sexes manipulate the numbers but as I don’t think I look my age I feel it’s better to be honest and let folk make their own judgements.

On my first visit here about 12 years ago, I did 'adjust' my age, but it really really isn't worth it, you'll always get found out.

Now I just go with my proper age and let the good people of Fab make the decision!

But yes, filters are a problem for me when telling the truth, but I've all but given up on meets anyway!

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I use my real age on here, but I was still getting ID'd for alcohol until about a year ago. So a few people have assumed I'm lying.

I've met some men that are blatantly lying about their age though. And using very old photos on their profiles. I really don't see the point, because it's usually fairly obvious when you meet them.

One guy I meet from here is 10 years older than he claims, but he doesn't look it and I'd never have met him if he had his correct age on his profile because of my filters. So I guess it's not always a bad thing? "

See, I have the "problem" of looking young, so while my age is correct and my pictures up-to-date, people sometimes assume I'm using really old pictures because I do not look 40.

I like 'em older to so age doesnt need to be hidden. Funny though because if we see someone who we like just out and about our first thought wouldnt be 'do they fit in my age bracket'. Online looking at people is so flawed

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Generally it's due to people making good use of the message filters here, from what most have posted. It's also based on what they know is important to them, as most here are experienced. A lot of user's have had many profiles and this may have been influenced by them hitting a new decade. As with Dorian Grey, time catches up with them and others will treat liars with suspicion, so they could ultimately be the net losers.

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

I seem to have an uncanny (but useless) witchy knack of guessing people's ages to within a year either side of their actual age... so much so it's turned into something of a parlour game at home to try and catch me out.

It appears very obvious to me that lots on Fab, of both sexes, lie about their age. I know all the various reasons why they do it but regardless of visual attraction, if I suspect they've fibbed, I'll swerve their profile. As others have already said, I find it rather cringeworthy and intelligence insulting if someone's attempting to draw others in by being dishonest. There's a big difference, for me anyway, between an attractive 50 year old, whose age isn't in doubt and the same 50 year old claiming to be a very unlikely 38.

But obviously you can't stop people running their profiles as they see fit. I do wonder though if anyone who's almost certainly lied about their age, and who isn't finding a great deal of 'success' ever makes the connection as to why that might be?

My age is real. Don't see the point in lying about it despite the fact I'm well into old bat territory. I'd be mortified if I knocked a big chunk off and was called out about it.

Yesterday a guy messaged me, his profile said 39, when I mentioned he was too young for my tastes he became 49. Still too young, then hey presto he is actually 54

No idea his old he really is but it’s not a great introduction. Honestly every time for me

"I like 'em older to so age doesnt need to be hidden. Funny though because if we see someone who we like just out and about our first thought wouldnt be 'do they fit in my age bracket'. Online looking at people is so flawed "

Nice that you like older, xx

West Wales

"I seem to have an uncanny (but useless) witchy knack of guessing people's ages to within a year either side of their actual age... so much so it's turned into something of a parlour game at home to try and catch me out.

It appears very obvious to me that lots on Fab, of both sexes, lie about their age. I know all the various reasons why they do it but regardless of visual attraction, if I suspect they've fibbed, I'll swerve their profile. As others have already said, I find it rather cringeworthy and intelligence insulting if someone's attempting to draw others in by being dishonest. There's a big difference, for me anyway, between an attractive 50 year old, whose age isn't in doubt and the same 50 year old claiming to be a very unlikely 38.

But obviously you can't stop people running their profiles as they see fit. I do wonder though if anyone who's almost certainly lied about their age, and who isn't finding a great deal of 'success' ever makes the connection as to why that might be?

My age is real. Don't see the point in lying about it despite the fact I'm well into old bat territory. I'd be mortified if I knocked a big chunk off and was called out about it. "

Hello stranger x

S&H

People do it for two reasons so far as I can see, to get around filters or because they are deluded about themselves.

Or both

I can't see the point, surely swinging is about not being afraid to be oneself.

Don't see the point in lying about your age,just be straight and honest with people.

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"My age is genuine but I've learned to expect women to have knocked about 5 years off their age on here.

I’m definitely 27 "

And you were last time you were on here

It’s a bit silly in my opinion, makes a person a bit less trust worthy. What else are they lying about?

I've changed to avoid filters before but I'm hoping I don't look 47

IMO this is the most ageist site on the Internet... I fail to see the difference between 45 and 55 personally speaking. There's a lot of members here who won't touch anyone over 50 for the shear fact that they consider them "old"

By *ensual mMan  over a year ago

conwy

I think it would be a bit silly of me to pretend to be younger or older than i am.

On the other hand if the lady i met had lied about her age it wouldnt be an issue for me providing she looked like her profile picture.

"IMO this is the most ageist site on the Internet... I fail to see the difference between 45 and 55 personally speaking. There's a lot of members here who won't touch anyone over 50 for the shear fact that they consider them "old" "

Your age range goes from 24,so you can imagine a woman of that age that has parents around 50 might not want to fuck someone the same age as them.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

To get around filters and meet people of the age they want to. Because people have told them they look that age. Because they just think fuck it.

I don't mind it, I just add 5 years on to most profiles and go with that. I prefer older people generally but I can understand wht people do it.

"Brought to mind by my bobby 70th bday thread.

I have two ‘acquaintances’ on here. Both men. Both have themselves listed as 40. One I KNOW is about 53 and the other is deffo the wrong side of 45.

Now I get a couple of years to stop the missus from finding you or whatever but surely that is just deceitful. I’m not offended by it. I find it cringe AF.

Is it more to get round the filters thing (do women do this?) but disrespectful aswell if you ask me.

And before anyone says ‘just don’t meet them then’ it’s ok. I’ve already einsteined that one myself!! "

There's undoubtedly more men in numbers that do it, but IMHO a higher proportion of women than men that do it tbh. Men will do it to try and spread their net as wide as possible in the hope that they will get a meet, women do it as they think that the top 15% of men on here that everyone searching for a guy wants to meet will now overlook them.

And it's not just knocking years off, I knew a guy of 23 that used to be on here that added 6 years on?

B

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"IMO this is the most ageist site on the Internet... I fail to see the difference between 45 and 55 personally speaking. There's a lot of members here who won't touch anyone over 50 for the shear fact that they consider them "old" "

That's not what ageism is.

My birthday is wrong, but by weeks not years.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Which is "the wrong side of 45"?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

You have age preferences on your profile, are you ageist? Or is it only ageist when it affects you?

I do. I’ve lied about my age. Not for any other reason that I want to remain anonymous. None of my details are correct. I don’t live in paradise either. Shoot me . Everyone I’ve met or those I’m close to know though so not that bothered. I agree it’s a bit daft taking a few years off though. Don’t see the point in that.

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

My age is wrong by a few weeks as I don't want people who may wander on the site seeing my profile and putting two and two together.

It's about honesty. I know why but don't understand why guys change their age. If I'm not someone's type, I'm not.. Move on. I do think ego has alot to do with it.

Just to be clear, there is a difference between 45 and 55, 10 years to be exact.

And I'm not sure you understand what ageism really is. People are allowed to decide who they do or don't want to have sex with based in anything they like. That's doesn't mean they're discriminating against you.

It means they don't want to sleep with you. Better to focus your energy on the people who's preferences you fall into, rather than complaining about those who might prefer someone different and calling it ageism...

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

My age is correct on here, I’m proud to be this old and still get the attention, if more were honest on here in everyway then they might have more luck

"My age is correct on here, I’m proud to be this old and still get the attention, if more were honest on here in everyway then they might have more luck"

I’d pluck your violin x

We are older and have posted our true ages which may put some people off but that is their problem. My Mrs. could get off with saying she is mid to late 50s, me I have no chance lol

"Did you ask them why they did so?

One said for the filters. The other I think just lies that much he now actually believes he’s only 40 "

I actually know who you're talking about ..He's the topic if our group chat ..Lol

I was chatting with a seemingly nice guy for a while we were actually looking at meeting for a coffee so I asked for a face photo and omfg on his profile he said 53, pic? 68-72 hones tly!!! I messaged him and asked if he was really 53 ... he left immediately!! I mean seriously? A hard paper round perhaps but not one during the war!!

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

"I was chatting with a seemingly nice guy for a while we were actually looking at meeting for a coffee so I asked for a face photo and omfg on his profile he said 53, pic? 68-72 hones tly!!! I messaged him and asked if he was really 53 ... he left immediately!! I mean seriously? A hard paper round perhaps but not one during the war!! "

I've noticed this with some women (I can only talk about females as I don't look at men's profiles). Women claiming to be in their mid fifties but, when I see their pictures they look many, many years older than me and I'm 58; yes, I know that I don't look my age, and that I could list myself as being a lot younger but still, they're fooling no one.

West Wales

"Brought to mind by my bobby 70th bday thread.

And before anyone says ‘just don’t meet them then’ it’s ok. I’ve already einsteined that one myself!!

There's undoubtedly more men in numbers that do it, but IMHO a higher proportion of women than men that do it tbh. Men will do it to try and spread their net as wide as possible in the hope that they will get a meet, women do it as they think that the top 15% of men on here that everyone searching for a guy wants to meet will now overlook them.

And it's not just knocking years off, I knew a guy of 23 that used to be on here that added 6 years on?

B"

Once youv Ben here a year or two you'll notice the same pics being deleted & resubmitted by some profiles. You might think its to get a few fabs from those that check new pics. We think its more to get the fresh date on the bottom of the pic thereby the gullible think that's what they look like now

Think I'll dig out my 2002 passport photo

S

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah, I occasionally see pictures with fashion and fading that make it look like a picture from the 80s has been submitted.

Fab rules stop me from replying with one of a similar vintage.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Yeah, I occasionally see pictures with fashion and fading that make it look like a picture from the 80s has been submitted.

Fab rules stop me from replying with one of a similar vintage. "

I saw a gangbang one that was ace, all the men had shiny mullets and moustaches and the women had some serious back combing and hairspray going on, the carpet looked like my grans old carpet. It wasn't my grans house, thankfully.

Manchester (she/her)

"Yeah, I occasionally see pictures with fashion and fading that make it look like a picture from the 80s has been submitted.

I saw a gangbang one that was ace, all the men had shiny mullets and moustaches and the women had some serious back combing and hairspray going on, the carpet looked like my grans old carpet. It wasn't my grans house, thankfully. "

Omg

I saw a gangbang one that was ace, all the men had shiny mullets and moustaches and the women had some serious back combing and hairspray going on, the carpet looked like my grans old carpet. It wasn't my grans house, thankfully. "

The brown and orange wallpaper and sofas are a dead giveaway

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Met a guy who was 52 to my 42 at the time. In reality he was 56...and looked it. I'm now nearly 60 while he is 48.

Met my other half on here who knocked five years off. He was surprised when I actually was 53 as he claimed to have never met a woman who was honest about her age.

I think old pictures are just as bad.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We have met both men and woman who do it so can't be sure as to reasons why but suspect it is to get around filters and attract younger people. It never crossed our mind to lie about our ages.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

I'm one hundred and ten percent 41 years old...

"Met a guy who was 52 to my 42 at the time. In reality he was 56...and looked it. I'm now nearly 60 while he is 48.

Met my other half on here who knocked five years off. He was surprised when I actually was 53 as he claimed to have never met a woman who was honest about her age.

I think old pictures are just as bad. "

I love the people that stay the same age as I get older

Throws Sergio tracksuit in the bin !

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I’m just old and couldn’t get away with it

West Wales

I saw a gangbang one that was ace, all the men had shiny mullets and moustaches and the women had some serious back combing and hairspray going on, the carpet looked like my grans old carpet. It wasn't my grans house, thankfully.

The brown and orange wallpaper and sofas are a dead giveaway"

Yeah but that could just mean you live in rural Wales (Other similar rural areas are available).

S

I know someone I met who said he was 46 but turned out was actually 51. When I asked why he lied about his age he said it was because everything stopped once he turned 50 on here and the world ended so he took 5 years off to get back into the right age pool. A lot of women set the filters at 50 with their filters. Which I did but as I was fine with his age I upped mine to 55.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

There a lot on my profile that isn't true. There are reasons for this. When I speak to people I'm interested in then I'm always honest. It's on a need to know basis.

Yorkshire

"Which is "the wrong side of 45"?"

The side that’s not nearest to the 40 he claims to be...

West Wales

Ask for a live face pic or video chat early in the conversation.

Gets rid of fakes & the big fibbers then.

With us you just have to say hello & we'd send a recent face pic to get it out the way early.

S

"I met a guy who told me he was 36. Met him and thought ‘okay he’s had a hard life I guess’ as he looked about 40ish.

(Also he’s very good looking and did not look 50, I would say he looked about 40 at most)"

This will be why then. I guess if someone don’t look their age then they may tell a white lie to reflect that. I think they do it to catfish but to say “hey i may be 50 but looks 40 so can I message you”. Case in point Jennifer Lopez is 50. How many would love her to message you but have an age filter at say 45?

The site should have an option to filter based on age someone feels they look

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"I met a guy who told me he was 36. Met him and thought ‘okay he’s had a hard life I guess’ as he looked about 40ish.

(Also he’s very good looking and did not look 50, I would say he looked about 40 at most)

This will be why then. I guess if someone don’t look their age then they may tell a white lie to reflect that. I think they do it to catfish but to say “hey i may be 50 but looks 40 so can I message you”. Case in point Jennifer Lopez is 50. How many would love her to message you but have an age filter at say 45?

The site should have an option to filter based on age someone feels they look "

Hmmm I feel 25 but I don't look it

"There a lot on my profile that isn't true. There are reasons for this. When I speak to people I'm interested in then I'm always honest. It's on a need to know basis. "

Same

I’m deffo my age on here. Don’t see the point in knocking years off personally.

West Wales

The site should have an option to filter based on age someone feels they look "

No because the biggest liar to a lot of people is themselves so it wouldn't work.

Just go & meet people, but park your zimmer round back

S

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

It does make me chuckle.. I’d rather look ok for my age than like I’ve done multiple paper rounds to get away with being younger.. nowt so queer as folk...

By *exsenceCouple  over a year ago

stalybridge

Never lied about my age why should I iam proud to be the age I am and in my opinion still look good lol

my age is correct.

Birth month on profile isnt by a couple of weeks

I'd rather be told I look ok for 48 than haggered for 40

No because the biggest liar to a lot of people is themselves so it wouldn't work.

S"

My age limit at the time was 38 which is why he lied, he said if he admitted he was older before we met, I wouldn’t have met him. Which is bloody true

Stockport

We’ve met up to 65 before not an issue as I like an older man. But when we’ve met people that say they’re 55 and are clearly 60+ then when they get to the bedroom they can’t get or stay hard and say ‘it’s an age thing’ or ‘this happens a lot’ then it puts you off of meeting said age group.

West Wales

S

My age limit at the time was 38 which is why he lied, he said if he admitted he was older before we met, I wouldn’t have met him. Which is bloody true"

Our ages a4 true, so back when newer we saw a profile that said max 50 we'd try & send a message. If it was blocked fair enough, but if it wasn't we'd rarely get back a straight delete & usually would at least have a chat.

Of the few on here we've actually played with I'm pretty sure I've been over the age limit of all of them at the time of meeting.

Its really why people should go to socials...all the filters, posturing etc. Get left at the door & you live or die by who you are......

S

S

Manchester (she/her)

My filters aren't hard limits. They're, I have to set a limit or it'd be insane. Unfortunately that's just the way it goes.

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

I am oh I am don't hide it best to be honest makes a better meet

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

It’s because interest reduces with age therefore people lie about their age. Lots of people leave and return and time has been reversed

It’s all so daft because someone somewhere will have you hotlisted or not listed or friend listed and they will know your published age and people talk. Lots of forumites aren’t truthful about their age and behind the scenes people know they’re lying and talk to others about it.

I don’t see the point.

"It’s because interest reduces with age therefore people lie about their age. Lots of people leave and return and time has been reversed

It’s all so daft because someone somewhere will have you hotlisted or not listed or friend listed and they will know your published age and people talk. Lots of forumites aren’t truthful about their age and behind the scenes people know they’re lying and talk to others about it.

I don’t see the point."

See that's the thing. I can understand in theory why new members do it, but surely if someone has been on years then they'd already have their circles of playmates, contacts for events etc, so it wouldn't be a problem for them to get meets.

So why bother reinventing themselves in this way??

B

West Wales

"It’s because interest reduces with age therefore people lie about their age. Lots of people leave and return and time has been reversed

I don’t see the point.

See that's the thing. I can understand in theory why new members do it, but surely if someone has been on years then they'd already have their circles of playmates, contacts for events etc, so it wouldn't be a problem for them to get meets.

B"

Many don’t do socials though & aim to attract fresh non forum blood, bit like a vampire walking past a blood bank with all its security (read filters) to get to the village where there’s a blood drive going on & some newbies giving their first drop

S

"My filters aren't hard limits. They're, I have to set a limit or it'd be insane. Unfortunately that's just the way it goes. "

This!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I know two profiles on here that are each 15 years out of their true age.

It does my nut in

I've had a bloke message me claiming to be 44, yet he looked around late 60s at least. His excuse when pulled up, was he had two heart attacks and worked outside all his life

I called bullshit

I think it’s to get round filters, I met a guy who said he was 40 but I think he was nearer 50, I’m not bothered about age but I would rather people be honest

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I don’t see the point.

B"

I see your point but I think it’s not just about existing friends it’s about potential new friends. As you get older interest in older profiles reduces.

I don’t think everyone that leaves and returns does this btw

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It’s true for me that when I turned 45 I was out of lots of people’s age ranges and I’m dreading 50 cos I’ll be in even less people’s age ranges!

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

I look young for my age but I’ve never seen the point in lying about it.

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

There's always people willing to lie to get what they want.

I'm honest about my age. I would much rather people met me knowing my real age than think... bloody hell she had a rough life

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"IMO this is the most ageist site on the Internet... I fail to see the difference between 45 and 55 personally speaking. There's a lot of members here who won't touch anyone over 50 for the shear fact that they consider them "old"

Your age range goes from 24,so you can imagine a woman of that age that has parents around 50 might not want to fuck someone the same age as them.

"

Can confirm. My upper age limit is set to 45. The oldest I've met is 43 and a young looking 43. My parents are in their mid 50s. My upper age limit has gotten higher the older I've got as your attraction changes. When I was 21 it was 35. I imagine it will reach 55 at some point. Probably when I'm in my mid 30s. It's not a slight on people that age. It's the same as not wanting to meet men the age I slept with when I was 19. As I've gotten older I'm no longer attracted to men that age.

When I joined I was 54 and realised the filter problem early on so I changed it to 49. Although I can carry that off and people often take me for younger, later I thought fuck it and amended it.

I’ve knocked not many years off to get round filters. There’s a teeny bit of vanity in it too and it obscures slightly who I am. No one has ever guessed me even close to my true age. If anyone was upset by this tiny white lie given my transparency about most things then we’re not compatible.

Many seem to knock a LOT of years off though. Faces on dating apps look noticeably younger for the same age group.

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We sometimes wonder if we should knock a few years off to get around filters - but haven't.

We often find people at clubs and parties who say they don't meet anyone over 50 but don't realise how old we are.

"I’ve knocked not many years off to get round filters. There’s a teeny bit of vanity in it too and it obscures slightly who I am. No one has ever guessed me even close to my true age. If anyone was upset by this tiny white lie given my transparency about most things then we’re not compatible.

Many seem to knock a LOT of years off though. Faces on dating apps look noticeably younger for the same age group."

Maybe I should do that people always think I'm 10 years younger than I am as keep myself in relatively good shape

It could be worse, we were once told it's nice to meet another 'age gap' couple... We're honest about our ages on here so hadn't really thought of 7 years as a massive age gap. But then C still gets ID'd buying alcohol from the supermarket so we take it as a compliment.

West Wales

Just caught up with this thread, seeing as S is commenting a lot, I thought sod it, proof of the pudding and all that!

58 in three months and I’m 40 in June

Picture was taken yesterday

H x

By *lap.n.tickleCouple  over a year ago

sunny Manchester :)

51 and proud of it. I must admit it give me a huge kick acting nothing like my age. Growing old is mandatory being an old cunt is optional

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"Well if people lie about a simple thing as there age it just makes me wonder what else they lie about,not good "

This totally

There are a couple of profiles who rejoin and get younger than they originally were.

One on my updates says 40 then in his text has added he's 51!,why not just change it?!.

West Wales

Ok I changed my mind, I’m old!

Just watched celebrity mastermind all under thirty and all thick as bloody shit!

I’d rather be old thanks

S

i Have my own head set to 45 and prefer to meet guys older than me as fed up of younger lads who think they can ‘give me a good seeing to’ when in reality I’d eat them alive or get bored, or they bottle it!

As long as he knows his way around a woman’s body and willing to keep me on my toes I don’t care how old they are! L x

» Add a new message to this topic