FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you think star signs have any truth to them?

Do you think star signs have any truth to them?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Or is it all coincidental?

Do you think certain signs go better with each other?

Does it even matter?

Matter might be a space, space a gap, a gap an opening, an opening an entry point........

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *epsonWoman  over a year ago

Biddulph

I do seem to fit with general printed Cancerian profile, but as to daily horoscope thingys, load of tosh

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I definitely have multiple sides to me as a Gemini

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I don't believe in any of it.

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

No, just a clever use of words to make u think

By *epsonWoman  over a year ago

Biddulph

"I don't believe in any of it. "

Do you not see any of yourself in what star sign you are ?

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

I don’t believe every twelfth person has the same fortune, so no

By *ouanna JoWoman  over a year ago

A little village

I read what I want to into it. I make it fit for me. And if it doesn’t, I pretend I’m a different star sign so as not to ruin my day.

Nah it's a load of bull shit

I fit the characteristics typical for my star sign. Don’t believe in horoscopes though.

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

They’re all just generic traits people can then relate to themselves.

Taurus- you enjoy breathing, eating food and have a great dress sense. You dislike being poked in the eye with needles

By *ouanna JoWoman  over a year ago

A little village

"They’re all just generic traits people can then relate to themselves.

Taurus- you enjoy breathing, eating food and have a great dress sense. You dislike being poked in the eye with needles "

I knew it.... I’m a Taurus.

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

Load of old rubbish !

Along with crystal healing,singing bowls,

chanting, chicken gutting, palm reading and taking to the dead(necromancy).

I match mine... Totally bonkers and weird

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

No.

No.

No.

Although the money paid to ‘astrologists’ in papers & magazines does make me think maybe i should change career.

I match mine, well balanced. As libras are.

I just find it weird how in conversation people ask you your start sign. Like it matters?

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

No.

No.

No.

Although the money paid to ‘astrologists’ in papers & magazines does make me think maybe i should change career.

"I match mine, well balanced. As libras are.

I just find it weird how in conversation people ask you your start sign. Like it matters?"

Icebreaker??

I just find it weird how in conversation people ask you your start sign. Like it matters?

Icebreaker?? "

How much does a polar bear weigh?

When I started working in Japan they took blood to find out my blood group. Apparently your personality is based on that...

Icebreaker??

How much does a polar bear weigh?"

Enough to break the ice

"When I started working in Japan they took blood to find out my blood group. Apparently your personality is based on that..."

You sure it wasn’t Transylvania x

"When I started working in Japan they took blood to find out my blood group. Apparently your personality is based on that..."

Let me guess... A for adorable?

B for so beautiful

I would say they are crazy. And some of the stuff they do is seriously clever. But I stand by my first statement. Watch 5 mins of Japanese telly and you will realise they are crazy.

"When I started working in Japan they took blood to find out my blood group. Apparently your personality is based on that...

B for so beautiful "

Seriously though. Your diet is also then decided according to your blood group. I was there for two years and have never felt so good.

Icebreaker??

How much does a polar bear weigh?

Enough to break the ice "

It depends how much they have had to eat.

Yes totally! Says all that is true in ways of what a person is like.

It's pointless and fake.

My daughter looked up our rising signs recently and they were freakily accurate.

I felt so called out!

"When I started working in Japan they took blood to find out my blood group. Apparently your personality is based on that...

B for so beautiful

Seriously though. Your diet is also then decided according to your blood group. I was there for two years and have never felt so good."

Oh i need to Google, how interesting

[Removed by poster at 18/12/19 15:56:49]

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I'm Taurus - so I don't believe in horoscopes.

By *uke OzadeMan  over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"It's pointless and fake.

A bit like Jordan?"

Her and Corbyn would make the ideal pointless and fake couple

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

It's all horse shit. Or bull shit. Pig shit is also an option.

There are just as many (if not more) people that don't fit their star sign description as there are those that do. The population is that large that it's going to be correct for a good few.

They are usually very vague (con artists greatest asset) and there is no way every Leo, taurus, etc in the world is going to have that exact same thing happen to them.

By *r Cheeky97Man  over a year ago

Devon

Don't really believe it but love the idea and I'm very much my star sign... Also have a half sleeve dedicated to star signs hahaha

Sagittarius if it’s helping me get a good regular shag

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I don't believe it, same as I don't believe there is some sky pixie watching over us that we have to worship otherwise we'll go somewhere crap after we die.

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Well, sort of.

I am born under the Cancer sign, and reading this:

No star sign is more loyal than Cancer, they would die for love (and kill for hate... so you‘ve been warned, my friend). They have a total blind spot for those they love, and will overlook almost anything… That said, they demand the same in return, with bells on, scribed in blood, sealed with everlasting love. If they’re into you, you’ll know about it, and if you enjoy romance-on-tap and having a constant companion, then congratulations. If, however, you need space and privacy, then commiserations. Cancer will invade every corner of your life, and install themselves there. There is NO escape!

Yeah, erm (gulp) haha

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

No it’s really all a load of rubbish

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I definitely match my star sign but I don’t follow horoscopes

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I’m a typical Sagittarius apart from being “outgoing”.

I don’t read my horoscopes.

Yes, if youre interested in sprituality, astrology and biophysics it makes absolute sense. Im a believer that we are all one entity experiencing different perspectives through individual consciousness, hence the whole "and god gave man free will". The star sign you are born under relates to the position of the earth as it rotates the sun but there is also another factor that i think a lot of ppl miss out, which is the postion of the solar system in relation to the milky way as we are also being pulled along particular route, leaving a spiral effect. We rotate the sun as the sun rotates the super massive blackhole at the center of our galaxy. This is what could lead to variations in ppl who are the same star sign. Ofc life experiences are different and they shape each individual, but its always fascinating when you meet another person of the same star sign and you both exhibit so many similar qualities

"Yes, if youre interested in sprituality, astrology and biophysics it makes absolute sense. Im a believer that we are all one entity experiencing different perspectives through individual consciousness, hence the whole "and god gave man free will". The star sign you are born under relates to the position of the earth as it rotates the sun but there is also another factor that i think a lot of ppl miss out, which is the postion of the solar system in relation to the milky way as we are also being pulled along particular route, leaving a spiral effect. We rotate the sun as the sun rotates the super massive blackhole at the center of our galaxy. This is what could lead to variations in ppl who are the same star sign. Ofc life experiences are different and they shape each individual, but its always fascinating when you meet another person of the same star sign and you both exhibit so many similar qualities"

You've had one too many of your username.

I don't think I believe in them, at least, I wouldn't say I'm a 'typical leo'

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Virtuosa

Nobody is the star sign they think they are

The calendar and the constellations have all shifted long since it was all dreamed up

Sorry

I definitely think being a Gemini suits me

"Yes, if youre interested in sprituality, astrology and biophysics it makes absolute sense. Im a believer that we are all one entity experiencing different perspectives through individual consciousness, hence the whole "and god gave man free will". The star sign you are born under relates to the position of the earth as it rotates the sun but there is also another factor that i think a lot of ppl miss out, which is the postion of the solar system in relation to the milky way as we are also being pulled along particular route, leaving a spiral effect. We rotate the sun as the sun rotates the super massive blackhole at the center of our galaxy. This is what could lead to variations in ppl who are the same star sign. Ofc life experiences are different and they shape each individual, but its always fascinating when you meet another person of the same star sign and you both exhibit so many similar qualities

You've had one too many of your username. "

But you cant argue against it though, theres no solid arguement to disprove these claims but biophysicists are making break throughs now theyve adopted this way of thinking. Nassim Haramein is one of them, and his teams are close to figuring out how to make anti-gravity warp drives with singularities using hyper velocity plasma in a contained field. He even explains how quantum entanglement works. Ive done my research, this aint no woowoo hocus pocus

"I definitely think being a Gemini suits me "

Same here the traits of a Gemini describe me haha

Nope. All codswollop in my opinion

Got called a bad mother coz I didn’t know my kids star signs! Still wouldn’t have a clue.

"I definitely think being a Gemini suits me

Same here the traits of a Gemini describe me haha "

Aha what a fine Gemini you are

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

Nah. I could take personality traits from all of the signs and conveniently pick the ones I wanted to fit me.

Virtuosa

"Yes, if youre interested in sprituality, astrology and biophysics it makes absolute sense. Im a believer that we are all one entity experiencing different perspectives through individual consciousness, hence the whole "and god gave man free will". The star sign you are born under relates to the position of the earth as it rotates the sun but there is also another factor that i think a lot of ppl miss out, which is the postion of the solar system in relation to the milky way as we are also being pulled along particular route, leaving a spiral effect. We rotate the sun as the sun rotates the super massive blackhole at the center of our galaxy. This is what could lead to variations in ppl who are the same star sign. Ofc life experiences are different and they shape each individual, but its always fascinating when you meet another person of the same star sign and you both exhibit so many similar qualities

But you cant argue against it though, theres no solid arguement to disprove these claims but biophysicists are making break throughs now theyve adopted this way of thinking. Nassim Haramein is one of them, and his teams are close to figuring out how to make anti-gravity warp drives with singularities using hyper velocity plasma in a contained field. He even explains how quantum entanglement works. Ive done my research, this aint no woowoo hocus pocus"

The onus to prove it is on the person making the claim

It's a non argument to just say that it can't be disproved

But you cant argue against it though, theres no solid arguement to disprove these claims but biophysicists are making break throughs now theyve adopted this way of thinking. Nassim Haramein is one of them, and his teams are close to figuring out how to make anti-gravity warp drives with singularities using hyper velocity plasma in a contained field. He even explains how quantum entanglement works. Ive done my research, this aint no woowoo hocus pocus"

I don't believe your claims. It's not up to me to disprove them, just as it's not up to me to disprove Russell's Teapot.

It's your burden of proof.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Total rubbish.

Tests have shown that if you give somebody predictions from a star sign that is different from their own without telling them that's what you have done, in most cases the predictions are vague enough for them not to notice and to associate the reading with things in their own lives.

For all those people who say their characters match their star signs, how many other star signs do you match? If your star sign isn't significantly the closest to your character then any similarities with your are irrelevant.

Absolutely to a degree. Belle is a leo and has a lot of the traits. Beast is pieces... although apparently we shouldn't be that compatible... . I can see the reasons why he's soooooo laid back and lacks organisation. Where as belle wants to know when where why etc

Virtuosa

But you cant argue against it though, theres no solid arguement to disprove these claims but biophysicists are making break throughs now theyve adopted this way of thinking. Nassim Haramein is one of them, and his teams are close to figuring out how to make anti-gravity warp drives with singularities using hyper velocity plasma in a contained field. He even explains how quantum entanglement works. Ive done my research, this aint no woowoo hocus pocus

I don't believe your claims. It's not up to me to disprove them, just as it's not up to me to disprove Russell's Teapot.

It's your burden of proof. "

This

"It's a non argument to just say that it can't be disproved "

The point i was making is that many ppl will disbelieve something but majority of the time they cant explain why they disbelieve with fact/research/studies etc.

However i do not say that what i believe is pure fact, more like, the evidence that is shown becomes more plausible when you make the connections

"It's a non argument to just say that it can't be disproved

The point i was making is that many ppl will disbelieve something but majority of the time they cant explain why they disbelieve with fact/research/studies etc.

However i do not say that what i believe is pure fact, more like, the evidence that is shown becomes more plausible when you make the connections"

People don't believe things because they haven't been convinced. Belief is not a choice.

Virtuosa

However i do not say that what i believe is pure fact, more like, the evidence that is shown becomes more plausible when you make the connections"

I see what you're saying but there is no serious evidence to show that the random patterns of the constellations have any bearing on your personality type

"People don't believe things because they haven't been convinced. Belief is not a choice. "

Yes but thats only true to a degree, once something has been proven e.g. the earth being a sphere, and ppl still believe its flat, then its delusional

"Or is it all coincidental?

Does it even matter?

Matter might be a space, space a gap, a gap an opening, an opening an entry point........"

Star signs are utter bollox!

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

[Removed by poster at 18/12/19 20:22:01]

However i do not say that what i believe is pure fact, more like, the evidence that is shown becomes more plausible when you make the connections

People don't believe things because they haven't been convinced. Belief is not a choice. "

I agree with you to a certain extent as that’s how I am. I’m very pragmatic. However many people do choose to believe things that haven’t been proven, which is of course their choice. I’m often a little envious of people who do have a faith and certain beliefs as they take a lot of comfort from it which isn’t a bad thing.

Didn’t it all get shown up to be a bollox - I remember there being something about a 13th zodiacal sign / constellation. I think it’s a snake. So it’s correct placement puts all the others out slightly.

Hailsham

I find it hard to believe the stars can predict our behaviours or future

I'm naturally sceptical ... which is apparently unusual for a capricorn

"People don't believe things because they haven't been convinced. Belief is not a choice.

Yes but thats only true to a degree, once something has been proven e.g. the earth being a sphere, and ppl still believe its flat, then its delusional"

Belief is independent of truth. Flat Earthers are unconvinced by the evidence they've been presented by and often convinced by conspiracy.

"I find it hard to believe the stars can predict our behaviours or future

I'm naturally sceptical ... which is apparently unusual for a capricorn "

I’m a Capricorn and a natural sceptic, we’re supposed to be good detectives!

Hailsham

I'm naturally sceptical ... which is apparently unusual for a capricorn

I’m a Capricorn and a natural sceptic, we’re supposed to be good detectives! "

Whoosh

"I find it hard to believe the stars can predict our behaviours or future"

Its not about stars predicting our behaviours, its ppl as individuals being coded in a way by the position of our planet in relation to the sun and the solar system in the galaxy. In a sort of round about way of thinking, ts kinda like photo developing, the image will develop in a certain way if its exposed to certain light. Same with humans, when born at a particular time and place in the universe, while being exposed to life experience, shapes you into becoming someone with particular personality traits. Ive never met a taurus who wasnt stubborn, nor a scorpio (like me) who wasnt extremely passionate about their interests, and so on

Its not about stars predicting our behaviours, its ppl as individuals being coded in a way by the position of our planet in relation to the sun and the solar system in the galaxy. In a sort of round about way of thinking, ts kinda like photo developing, the image will develop in a certain way if its exposed to certain light. Same with humans, when born at a particular time and place in the universe, while being exposed to life experience, shapes you into becoming someone with particular personality traits. Ive never met a taurus who wasnt stubborn, nor a scorpio (like me) who wasnt extremely passionate about their interests, and so on"

And can you prove any of that to be true?

Hailsham

Reminds me of The Life of Brian

MANDY: ...So, you're astrologers, are you? Well, what is he then?

WISE MAN #2: Hmm?

MANDY: What star sign is he?

WISE MAN #2: Uh, Capricorn.

MANDY: Uhh, Capricorn, eh? What are they like?

WISE MAN #2: Ooh, but... he is the son of God, our Messiah.

WISE MAN #1: King of the Jews.

MANDY: And that's Capricorn, is it?

WISE MAN #2: Uh, no, no, no. That's just him.

MANDY: Ohh, I was going to say, 'Otherwise, there'd be a lot of them.' 

"Reminds me of The Life of Brian

MANDY: ...So, you're astrologers, are you? Well, what is he then?

WISE MAN #2: Hmm?

MANDY: What star sign is he?

WISE MAN #2: Uh, Capricorn.

MANDY: Uhh, Capricorn, eh? What are they like?

WISE MAN #2: Ooh, but... he is the son of God, our Messiah.

WISE MAN #1: King of the Jews.

MANDY: And that's Capricorn, is it?

WISE MAN #2: Uh, no, no, no. That's just him.

MANDY: Ohh, I was going to say, 'Otherwise, there'd be a lot of them.' 

"

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m a Leo and I like fires and sunshine. I’m not loud and arrogant though.

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

"I’m a Leo and I like fires and sunshine. I’m not loud and arrogant though. "

I'm fire sign. I rule the lion

"Or is it all coincidental?

Does it even matter?

"

No. It’s all nonsense.

You’re welcome.

Always seem happier when there’s a full moon

Didn’t really believe it until I had dealings with an Aquarius male. I can’t do Aquarius people too cold. One of my good friends is an Aquarius and my sister and they all have the same traits, just not suitable in a lover for me, they’re way too cold.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

From my experience Scorpios are generally psychos

By *omesticflightMan  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

yeah, I'm a fan of astrology, giz a message if you are

Nope, but believe in effects from moon cycles.

» Add a new message to this topic