FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fascinating program about why we swing

Fascinating program about why we swing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

BBC R4 have a 15 min podcast about research which shows why we humans like to have sex with many others, and why doing so has become socially villified.

It was on 17/12/19 at 9:30. Well worth a listen.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is it unbiased? I might listen later although I'm not really bothered about the whys and wherefores.

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Thought we all did it cos it's fun and the fact that it is outside the social norm makes it even more fun !!!

Without wishing to short-circuit listening to the piece, it seems there are just 4 animals which mate for entertainment, Chimps, Bonobos, Dolphins and Humans. Furthermore this can be proven from brain structure. The ownership/jealousy thing came in much later in our evolution when we started farming and land ownership became an issue. The two imperatives have been at loggerheads since.

wow!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My problem with that is that it's not evidence based, it's assumption based. We can't know how people behaved prior to written history. It

According to the program the evidence was based upon DNA gene splicing and seeing where it went in the brain.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"According to the program the evidence was based upon DNA gene splicing and seeing where it went in the brain."

OK. Interesting.

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

You want to read 'untrue' by Wednesday Martin ..

Why do women cum on average after 9 minutes but with men it's only 4?

Because we are designed to enjoy sex with multiple male partners, one after another. See also ... design of penis ...with ridge to scoop out other men's semen

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You want to read 'untrue' by Wednesday Martin ..

Because we are designed to enjoy sex with multiple male partners, one after another. See also ... design of penis ...with ridge to scoop out other men's semen

"

If that was "true" then all women would achieve orgasm through penetration

notts

If that was "true" then all women would achieve orgasm through penetration"

Have you read the book? It's very funny - not sure how truly scientific it is, but it's a good laugh. Those bonobos! As for it meaning all women would come with penetration, not sure it means that either. There's a whole section on how maybe our turned on sex noises would have attracted other men to come watch, then join in. Biologically, the penis really is designed to scoop out semen. It also releases small amounts of spermicide to kill any follow up sperm. We are a species designed for orgies.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

We as a species were never meant to be monogamous. It was something that happened when we started living in cities to combat the spread of sti's I believe.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If that was "true" then all women would achieve orgasm through penetration

Have you read the book? It's very funny - not sure how truly scientific it is, but it's a good laugh. Those bonobos! As for it meaning all women would come with penetration, not sure it means that either. There's a whole section on how maybe our turned on sex noises would have attracted other men to come watch, then join in. Biologically, the penis really is designed to scoop out semen. It also releases small amounts of spermicide to kill any follow up sperm. We are a species designed for orgies."

No, I haven't read the book. I was responding to the part of it you explained. It does sound funny and designed to provoke discussion which is what it seems to have done .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Could another possibility be that as a species we are able to think and act independently and for some of us like and want monogamy and some of us don't?

I wouldn't want to impose non monogamy on anybody any more than I want to impose monogamy.

notts

"Could another possibility be that as a species we are able to think and act independently and for some of us like and want monogamy and some of us don't?

I wouldn't want to impose non monogamy on anybody any more than I want to impose monogamy."

I think of myself as monogamish

The book is really fun to read. Pinch of salt required though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can also recommend Why Is The Penis Shaped Like That? by Jesse Bering which covers similar ground, and is also quite amusing.

Mr R

I'm not sure we do act independently when it comes to sex. Society in general says one thing, even if our true selves day something else. Hence many people end up doing what they are 'told' rather than want.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm not sure we do act independently when it comes to sex. Society in general says one thing, even if our true selves day something else. Hence many people end up doing what they are 'told' rather than want."

I do not live in a dictatorship

except for those MP's

I do what I want when I want and no one controls me not even a remote control

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If our species is still having non-monogamous sex, it's likely that there's an evolutionary advantage that it confers. Likewise, same gender sex may be similar.

Such traits aren't very rare aberrations

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Why do women cum on average after 9 minutes but with men it's only 4? "

9 minutes! Who are these average women as I’m way above that.. at least 29 minutes

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

9 minutes! Who are these average women as I’m way above that.. at least 29 minutes "

I've always thought that women, once they know their own bodies should get tattoo'ed onto their inner thighs;

"Average time to orgasm is xxx min".

That way us blokes would know if we can catch the last bus home or have to send out for sandwiches !!!

notts

9 minutes! Who are these average women as I’m way above that.. at least 29 minutes "

Oh God, tell me about it. That's why I need group sex ... I knacker out the men too quickly. Repetitive strain injury of the fingers/tongue/penis.

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

It will definitely be all fact if the BBC have done it lol

» Add a new message to this topic