FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Extreme hobbies

Extreme hobbies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atricia Parnel OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am sat at the beach watching a guy windsurfing in massive waves and strong winds, being battered from pillar to post with a huge smile on his face, does he do it for fun or for the challenge of not being thrown off his board like a rag doll, I would ask but he's halfway to the isle of wight atm.

Any other extreme hobbyists out there?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan  over a year ago

Close

Not particularly.... I struggle to find the time to do anything like that. I'm open to suggestions though!!

"Not particularly.... I struggle to find the time to do anything like that. I'm open to suggestions though!! "

Now I know where I would start

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan  over a year ago

Close

"Not particularly.... I struggle to find the time to do anything like that. I'm open to suggestions though!!

Now I know where I would start "

Excellent.... I'll grab my snorkel then shall I?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I used to play ice hockey which in itself isn't extreme but the effort went to to be able to do so could been seen by some as such.

Our training was late at night, we got on the ice at 11pm and off at 1am, get all the nets pulled round and goals moved off the ice, changed and packed up, lock the rink up behind us it was 2am before we left the building. Luckily I was local but a lot of our team weren't and they wouldn't get home til 3am earliest, then up at 6 for work/college/school.

P

By *ux19Man  over a year ago

Essex

"I am sat at the beach watching a guy windsurfing in massive waves and strong winds, being battered from pillar to post with a huge smile on his face, does he do it for fun or for the challenge of not being thrown off his board like a rag doll, I would ask but he's halfway to the isle of wight atm.

Any other extreme hobbyists out there?"

I used to windsurf many years ago, it was a mix of trying to hold on, embracing the speed and often the conditions and often trying to jump the waves that was also when the wind was in your favour.

"I used to play ice hockey which in itself isn't extreme but the effort went to to be able to do so could been seen by some as such.

Our training was late at night, we got on the ice at 11pm and off at 1am, get all the nets pulled round and goals moved off the ice, changed and packed up, lock the rink up behind us it was 2am before we left the building. Luckily I was local but a lot of our team weren't and they wouldn't get home til 3am earliest, then up at 6 for work/college/school.

P"

That was dedication to your sport, would you ever play again?

"I am sat at the beach watching a guy windsurfing in massive waves and strong winds, being battered from pillar to post with a huge smile on his face, does he do it for fun or for the challenge of not being thrown off his board like a rag doll, I would ask but he's halfway to the isle of wight atm.

I used to windsurf many years ago, it was a mix of trying to hold on, embracing the speed and often the conditions and often trying to jump the waves that was also when the wind was in your favour. "

The pursuit of adrenaline...

I often in awe watch kite surfers do outstanding tricks on the waves

"Not particularly.... I struggle to find the time to do anything like that. I'm open to suggestions though!!

Now I know where I would start

Excellent.... I'll grab my snorkel then shall I? "

"I used to play ice hockey which in itself isn't extreme but the effort went to to be able to do so could been seen by some as such.

P

That was dedication to your sport, would you ever play again?"

Yeah, I still have my kit. If there was a rink close to me now I totally would.

P

I have done a few abseils down the liver building Liverpool

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I'm assuming that launching myself down the Cresta Run on a skeleton sled might count?

Travelling head first, at 70 - 75 mph, with your chin just a couple of inches off the ice and steering does concentrate the mind.

Used to race motocross bikes when younger , gave it up when I started breaking instead of bouncing during a crash

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Used to spend most summers surfing wherever I could go. Often sleeping on beaches to chase waves.

Don’t do it as much as I used to as my legs don’t work very well and putting any flex below the knee is very painful.

I miss it so much.

I used to power kite, which is smaller kites used on land rather than the massive inflatable surfing ones. I did watch some of them in complete awe, and have total respect for them. I would love to have a go, but I don't believe I'm a strong enough swimmer..

Not now but was skydiver, climber, caver etc..but that was my choice of life over having family, sound job etc..it was all about the buzz up until recent years

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

cork

I kayak a lot wouldn't call it extreme but if the weather turns bad it can be.....

By *wanseapaulMan  over a year ago

Swansea

Surfer here, not got the bottle of previous years but still enjoy a good swell.

I have done a few abseils down the liver building Liverpool "

Well done. I'm not a fan of heights

"I'm assuming that launching myself down the Cresta Run on a skeleton sled might count?

Travelling head first, at 70 - 75 mph, with your chin just a couple of inches off the ice and steering does concentrate the mind. "

I am in awe of your mind concentrations

"Used to race motocross bikes when younger , gave it up when I started breaking instead of bouncing during a crash "

Oh no I now have full body cast images

"Used to spend most summers surfing wherever I could go. Often sleeping on beaches to chase waves.

Don’t do it as much as I used to as my legs don’t work very well and putting any flex below the knee is very painful.

I miss it so much. "

Point break

"I used to power kite, which is smaller kites used on land rather than the massive inflatable surfing ones. I did watch some of them in complete awe, and have total respect for them. I would love to have a go, but I don't believe I'm a strong enough swimmer.. "

Were you able to achieve tricks on land?

"Not now but was skydiver, climber, caver etc..but that was my choice of life over having family, sound job etc..it was all about the buzz up until recent years "

You have some amazing memories to fall into with it

"I kayak a lot wouldn't call it extreme but if the weather turns bad it can be.....

"

I am often paddling up and down the river

"Surfer here, not got the bottle of previous years but still enjoy a good swell."

Just in this country?

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Dave fights in full contact medieval tournaments, wearing 30kg of armour and using a 3.2kg sword.

Everything - including underwear - is authentic, as it's part of medieval reenactment.

Glider pilot here. Not that extreme untill you fly over the mattorhorn or mont blanc.

"Dave fights in full contact medieval tournaments, wearing 30kg of armour and using a 3.2kg sword.

Everything - including underwear - is authentic, as it's part of medieval reenactment."

Oh wow

Is that something that the general public can watch?

"Glider pilot here. Not that extreme untill you fly over the mattorhorn or mont blanc."

That's on my bucket list, (passenger not a pilot) I'm in awe

Of the sights you must have seen

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

"Dave fights in full contact medieval tournaments, wearing 30kg of armour and using a 3.2kg sword.

Everything - including underwear - is authentic, as it's part of medieval reenactment.

Oh wow

Is that something that the general public can watch?"

Absolutely,

If you see us at one of our shows or some bigger events like Tatton Park, Midfest or Through The Ages some of the guys will be going for it, along with the more 'normal' reenactment combat

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Some would say swinging is extreme

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Solo anal

Im not a mountain glider pilot as im a bit of a coward...there are " No old bold pilots" as the saying goes.i did take a flight over the english countryside on sunday with a nervous trial flight lesson and visability was fantastic flying over the cloud tops! It was lovely and when we landed she was thrilled..hopefully not to be glad to be on the ground

I used to skate, inline skate, surf, snowboard, waterski and wakeboard. Not so much anymore, though I dare say I could pick it all back up again pretty easy if I had the cash.

In answer to your question about the windsurfer..

- Its getting out and harnessing the elements.

- The rush of adrenaline from speed and skill.

- Being out in nature.

I assume, I've never been a fan of the sailing sports like Windsurfing or Kitesurfing.

One thing I'd love to try is tow-in hydrofoil bigwave surfing.. and hydrofoil motorpowered surfboard.

Used to do a lot of white water kayaking and surf kayaking. Less now than I used to but I still have all the kit.

Also power kiting and kite boarding on dry land.

Love the adrenaline to be honest. It's just me doing it, I control if it goes right or wrong using skills and techniques I've practiced.

That's the reason I enjoy doing things anyway!

Is Fencing an extreme hobby?

Maybe not

"Is Fencing an extreme hobby?

Maybe not"

Only if you drop the concrete post on your foot then the language can be extreme.

"Not now but was skydiver, climber, caver etc..but that was my choice of life over having family, sound job etc..it was all about the buzz up until recent years

You have some amazing memories to fall into with it "

Certainly do..that point when you re falling thru a cloud and into blue sky is truly AWESOME

By *heel markMan  over a year ago

beside the sea

"Used to do a lot of white water kayaking and surf kayaking. Less now than I used to but I still have all the kit.

Love the adrenaline to be honest. It's just me doing it, I control if it goes right or wrong using skills and techniques I've practiced.

That's the reason I enjoy doing things anyway!"

Used to like doing the same ,loved kayak surfing as i love 2 mins from the coast.

Had to give up after a spinal fusion , used to climb aswell but cant risk it now

"I used to skate, inline skate, surf, snowboard, waterski and wakeboard. Not so much anymore, though I dare say I could pick it all back up again pretty easy if I had the cash.

In answer to your question about the windsurfer..

- Its getting out and harnessing the elements.

- The rush of adrenaline from speed and skill.

- Being out in nature.

I assume, I've never been a fan of the sailing sports like Windsurfing or Kitesurfing.

One thing I'd love to try is tow-in hydrofoil bigwave surfing.. and hydrofoil motorpowered surfboard. "

Thank you for your explanation, I had a quick Google of hydrofoil bigwave surfing and that does look intense

"Used to do a lot of white water kayaking and surf kayaking. Less now than I used to but I still have all the kit.

That's the reason I enjoy doing things anyway!"

White water kayaking is fun to watch, I imagine it is quite a discipline

I have a mate who plays underwater hockey!! (Yes, it is a thing!!)

That's the reason I enjoy doing things anyway!

Used to like doing the same ,loved kayak surfing as i love 2 mins from the coast.

Had to give up after a spinal fusion , used to climb aswell but cant risk it now "

That must be very frustrating for you.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I learnt to kayak on the rapids at Matlock Bath

The English Channel is quite tame in comparison

I also paddleboard.

My first love, cycling.

Endurance events, 12/24hr off road/MTB racing.

"I learnt to kayak on the rapids at Matlock Bath

I also paddleboard.

My first love, cycling.

"

Were the endurance events something you were introduced to or an activity you saw that you wanted to pursue?

Yes, that’s my husband! The bigger the wave, the more fun the challenge. My hobby and passion turned into an extreme sport when my horse threw me and I broke my back. Some say I’m stubborn, and I would have to agree, as 6 months later I’m walking!

"Yes, that’s my husband! The bigger the wave, the more fun the challenge. My hobby and passion turned into an extreme sport when my horse threw me and I broke my back. Some say I’m stubborn, and I would have to agree, as 6 months later I’m walking! "

Oh wow... congratulations on your recovery, that must have been a hard journey.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I also paddleboard.

My first love, cycling.

Were the endurance events something you were introduced to or an activity you saw that you wanted to pursue?"

I've always cycled.

As a teen did BMX racing, just progressed as I got older.

Started road, track & time trials.

My childhood was spent riding off road though, in my 20s I heard about an endurance event, thought I'd give it go for a laugh. Was a 6hr event, midnight til 6am

I'd not ridden off road for yrs, borrowed a friend's bike

I smashed the previous record by 5 laps

Realised endurance events suited me better, I was never the fastest rider on a road/track bike, but I have stamina, I don't tire and go easily go without sleep

Once I realised I could do 6hrs, it just went from there.

Pushing myself, seeing how far I could go, how long I could last

Car racing is my thing. Drag racing was my main thing but I'm getting into road racing with my next car

I risk saying things in fab forums as a single guy. That's pretty damn extreme.

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

Not sure most would class it as extreme but ive been horse riding and show jumping for 20 odd years,and sitting on a half ton or more animal that has a mind of its own and we DONT "just sit there " like most assume ,can have its own adrenaline rush ...

equestrian pursuits are considered extreme sports by hospitals but a lot of practice goes into it and so far I have been very lucky when things have gone wrong. Sailing was often a bit extreme and adrenaline packed too. Just starting paragliding which seems like fun unless I think too much about what is holding me up!

I still but probably shouldnt inline skate although i tend to stick to street skating nowadays, as oppossed to half pipe/bowls i havent "dropped in" for years and would probably bottle it now

many years of Motocross and many broken bones to match.... still go for a blast occasionally... fucking awesome (IMO) !!!

"Not sure most would class it as extreme but ive been horse riding and show jumping for 20 odd years,and sitting on a half ton or more animal that has a mind of its own and we DONT "just sit there " like most assume ,can have its own adrenaline rush ... "

Is is extreme and I am a big fan of jilly cooper rider novels, which gave me a glimpse into that world.

"Car racing is my thing. Drag racing was my main thing but I'm getting into road racing with my next car"

Will it be track based or open road?

"equestrian pursuits are considered extreme sports by hospitals but a lot of practice goes into it and so far I have been very lucky when things have gone wrong. Sailing was often a bit extreme and adrenaline packed too. Just starting paragliding which seems like fun unless I think too much about what is holding me up!"

Paragliding is extreme wow

"I still but probably shouldnt inline skate although i tend to stick to street skating nowadays, as oppossed to half pipe/bowls i havent "dropped in" for years and would probably bottle it now "

We have lots of street skaters here, their tricks are very clever

"many years of Motocross and many broken bones to match.... still go for a blast occasionally... fucking awesome (IMO) !!!"

That's fast paced fun

I used to rock climb a lot but these days my main hobby is karate. Who knew it you could have so much fun getting punched in the face

"equestrian pursuits are considered extreme sports by hospitals but a lot of practice goes into it and so far I have been very lucky when things have gone wrong. Sailing was often a bit extreme and adrenaline packed too. Just starting paragliding which seems like fun unless I think too much about what is holding me up!"

It's because they have brains.. horses are dangerous and fantastic and the connection is like nothing you'll ever experience anywhere else,but I think it's certainly an extreme sport. I have had horses all my life ( pretty much) but no bottle any more.

do since I stopped cage fighting, I’ve picked up jiu jitsu again.

It’s not really extreme but it’s my hobby.

I also paddleboard.

My first love, cycling.

Were the endurance events something you were introduced to or an activity you saw that you wanted to pursue?

I've always cycled.

As a teen did BMX racing, just progressed as I got older.

Started road, track & time trials.

My childhood was spent riding off road though, in my 20s I heard about an endurance event, thought I'd give it go for a laugh. Was a 6hr event, midnight til 6am

I'd not ridden off road for yrs, borrowed a friend's bike

I smashed the previous record by 5 laps

Realised endurance events suited me better, I was never the fastest rider on a road/track bike, but I have stamina, I don't tire and go easily go without sleep

Once I realised I could do 6hrs, it just went from there.

Pushing myself, seeing how far I could go, how long I could last "

Impressive. I ride and race a lot too, sometimes over 100miles in a day

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I do the same with a kite surf

Downhill m bike

Climb and ice climb solo

Ski mountaineer

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

parachuting, nothing like chucking yourself out at 15,000 ft

"I used to rock climb a lot but these days my main hobby is karate. Who knew it you could have so much fun getting punched in the face "

I had no idea that faces are punched in karate

"do since I stopped cage fighting, I’ve picked up jiu jitsu again.

It’s not really extreme but it’s my hobby. "

It's very disciplined though

I do the same with a kite surf

Downhill m bike

Climb and ice climb solo

Ski mountaineer

"

I've tamely glacier hiked in Iceland,

But I can only imagine the intensity of ice climbing

"parachuting, nothing like chucking yourself out at 15,000 ft"

Thats very intense and I quite honestly think I'd cry all the way down if I attempted it,

I'm an adrenaline junkie. Done 7 bungees, parachute jump. Used to be big into kitesurfing until I fucked my knee up, so now into surfing

"I used to rock climb a lot but these days my main hobby is karate. Who knew it you could have so much fun getting punched in the face

I had no idea that faces are punched in karate "

Depends on the style. Kyokushin doesn’t have any head attacks but in shotokan we attack every part of the body. Most of us go home with bruises and blood on our gi’s most nights.

"I'm an adrenaline junkie. Done 7 bungees, parachute jump. Used to be big into kitesurfing until I fucked my knee up, so now into surfing"

Did you hurt your knee doing an extreme activity?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"parachuting, nothing like chucking yourself out at 15,000 ft

Thats very intense and I quite honestly think I'd cry all the way down if I attempted it, "

do a tandem one strapped to a hunk that might take your mind of it

Would blacksmithing count?

Not exactly thrill seeking but there’s some seriously high temperatures involved!

ive parascended from 5000 feet, white water rafted, coasteered and kayaked

"parachuting, nothing like chucking yourself out at 15,000 ft

Thats very intense and I quite honestly think I'd cry all the way down if I attempted it,

do a tandem one strapped to a hunk that might take your mind of it "

Can I be facing him

"Would blacksmithing count?

Not exactly thrill seeking but there’s some seriously high temperatures involved! "

Now I watch the army guys blacksmith at the newforest show and there is quite a hot art to it

Any other extreme hobbyists out there?ive parascended from 5000 feet, white water rafted, coasteered and kayaked "

Man of many talents

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I race motorbikes at places like Brands Hatch, Donington, Cadwell Park, etc. I love it, the closeness of the racing, being on your limit, the competition. For me it's the best sport ever.

I've been racing over 30 years including in the Isle of Man. It's great when I beat people less than half my age. I still get regular podiums.

Had a few crashes, nothing serious though. I believe bike racing may kill you but it keeps you alive.

"I race motorbikes at places like Brands Hatch, Donington, Cadwell Park, etc. I love it, the closeness of the racing, being on your limit, the competition. For me it's the best sport ever.

I've been racing over 30 years including in the Isle of Man. It's great when I beat people less than half my age. I still get regular podiums.

Had a few crashes, nothing serious though. I believe bike racing may kill you but it keeps you alive.

"

Is it a special kind of racing motorbike, like F1 cars?

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"I race motorbikes at places like Brands Hatch, Donington, Cadwell Park, etc. I love it, the closeness of the racing, being on your limit, the competition. For me it's the best sport ever.

Is it a special kind of racing motorbike, like F1 cars?"

Kind of. I have a proper racing bike ie not a production made bike. A lot of race bikes now derive from production bikes a bit like touring cars.

MotoGp is the bike equivalent to F1

I used to fly aerobatics, but apparently it's not okay to sell your children to fund it...

My extreme hobby is being on here.

If I get caught, I'm dead.

"My extreme hobby is being on here.

If I get caught, I'm dead."

You win!

Does eating too much cake count?

"Does eating too much cake count?"

Depends if someone dodgy baked it

By *o_eye_deerMan  over a year ago

The South Near That London

Inner-city sumo!

"Does eating too much cake count?

Depends if someone dodgy baked it "

If I do, then yes

I run stupidly long distances just for the fun of it...

"Does eating too much cake count?

Depends if someone dodgy baked it

If I do, then yes "

Extreme dodging the squirts

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Ive been known to do some extreme cross stitch

My previous occupations seem extreme to many. I was thinking only today how I miss the stimulation they provided. Life seems very boring now. How about random cake sampling?

"I'm an adrenaline junkie. Done 7 bungees, parachute jump. Used to be big into kitesurfing until I fucked my knee up, so now into surfing

Did you hurt your knee doing an extreme activity?"

Yep mountain boarding with a kite on the beach and someone had dug a hole I didn't see

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Yes just taken up wing walking twister

"Ive been known to do some extreme cross stitch "

I'm imagining a whole wall covering depicting fabsters in cross stitch

"I run stupidly long distances just for the fun of it..."

Marathons?

"My previous occupations seem extreme to many. I was thinking only today how I miss the stimulation they provided. Life seems very boring now. How about random cake sampling?"

Can I pick who bakes those extreme cakes

"Yes just taken up wing walking twister"

I shall keep an eye out for you at the Bournemouth air show

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Ive been known to do some extreme cross stitch

I'm imagining a whole wall covering depicting fabsters in cross stitch "

Are you stalking me?

"My previous occupations seem extreme to many. I was thinking only today how I miss the stimulation they provided. Life seems very boring now. How about random cake sampling?

Can I pick who bakes those extreme cakes"

As long as you don't tell me. That would spoil the thrill...

"My previous occupations seem extreme to many. I was thinking only today how I miss the stimulation they provided. Life seems very boring now. How about random cake sampling?

As long as you don't tell me. That would spoil the thrill..."

And it would be less extreme if you knew

"Ive been known to do some extreme cross stitch

I'm imagining a whole wall covering depicting fabsters in cross stitch

Are you stalking me? "

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Competition sailing for us after 15 years of wake boarding

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I used to be an outdoor pursuits instructor, rock climbing, caving, gorgewalking, coasteering, and watersports (kayaking, canoeing and rafting).

Only really do watersports now, touring canoe trips in the summer, but still get the blood pumping with big water kayaking in the winter.

Unfortunately all my hobbies err to the adrenaline fuelled

"Competition sailing for us after 15 years of wake boarding "

We have a lot of competition sailing down here, especially in cowes week

"I used to be an outdoor pursuits instructor, rock climbing, caving, gorgewalking, coasteering, and watersports (kayaking, canoeing and rafting).

Only really do watersports now, touring canoe trips in the summer, but still get the blood pumping with big water kayaking in the winter. "

Gorgewalking sounds intriguing, what does it entail

Unfortunately all my hobbies err to the adrenaline fuelled "

They are very good hobbies to have

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Used to have extreme ho bites, climbing abseiling, sailing etc.

But know all my hobbies are more on the creative side. Too many broken bones.

And it would be less extreme if you knew "

Exactly. I may even go blindfolded...or is that just kinky?

Climber, mountaineer, mountain biking, and a fair few number of parachute jumps thrown in for good behaviour..... extreme.... Nah

Diving, now that’s terrifying

I love of piste snowboarding ! The adrenaline and danger is something else

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Competition Paintball.

Well I wanted to get back into this year and really get into it next year, however, but things happen so probably no playing next year, but back at the gym going slow to start with.

Also do the usual Big games (upto 400 a side) and walk-on days.

Exactly. I may even go blindfolded...or is that just kinky?"

Only if I bind your hands as well

Climber, mountaineer, mountain biking, and a fair few number of parachute jumps thrown in for good behaviour..... extreme.... Nah

Diving, now that’s terrifying

"

Diving for work or pleasure

Only if I bind your hands as well "

You're going to have to feed me the cake then, unless bobbing for cake is allowed?

I love of piste snowboarding ! The adrenaline and danger is something else "

Do you push yourself to your limits

"Competition Paintball.

Well I wanted to get back into this year and really get into it next year, however, but things happen so probably no playing next year, but back at the gym going slow to start with.

"

Now this I am good at

By *pitfiremk10Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

It seems the overriding truth here that age has caught up with all of us!

"Competition Paintball.

Now this I am good at "

Don't get your guns mixed up. Both will make a mess but one will ruin someone's day..

You're going to have to feed me the cake then, unless bobbing for cake is allowed?"

It is nearly Halloween

"It seems the overriding truth here that age has caught up with all of us!"

And plenty of broken bones

You're going to have to feed me the cake then, unless bobbing for cake is allowed?

It is nearly Halloween "

It doesn't have to be a special event, I'm very flexible that way...

Used to race bikes, not the most extreme but flying around a velodrome on a fixed wheel track bike feels amazing. And cyclo-cross, modern coursescarecquirevtsme but I rode on some crazy courses, and did the 3 peaks cyclo-cross a few times. Not sure which is more stupid carrying a bike up inglebrough or riding one down whernside!!

These days marathon running but its pretty tabe, got a 24 hour trail race next year which will be a little more extreme

Stockport

"Competition Paintball.

Now this I am good at "

You think?

Bouncy castle or woods?

And if you want to go 1 v 1, be it mech or electric, am in!

Stockport

"Competition Paintball.

Now this I am good at

Don't get your guns mixed up. Both will make a mess but one will ruin someone's day.."

Barrel socks, never too careful

"Used to race bikes, not the most extreme but flying around a velodrome on a fixed wheel track bike feels amazing. And cyclo-cross, modern coursescarecquirevtsme but I rode on some crazy courses, and did the 3 peaks cyclo-cross a few times. Not sure which is more stupid carrying a bike up inglebrough or riding one down whernside!!

These days marathon running but its pretty tabe, got a 24 hour trail race next year which will be a little more extreme"

That is quite extreme

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Spent 27 years and a big proportion of my earnings motor racing. Tried to be the best I could at the expense of my career. Not extreme by the benchmark of other activities above but scared me silly at times .

"Competition Paintball.

Now this I am good at

You think?

Bouncy castle or woods?

"

I do think

definitely not on a bouncy castle

"Spent 27 years and a big proportion of my earnings motor racing. Tried to be the best I could at the expense of my career. Not extreme by the benchmark of other activities above but scared me silly at times ."

What type vehicle did you race?

Stockport

"Competition Paintball.

Now this I am good at

You think?

Bouncy castle or woods?

I do think

definitely not on a bouncy castle "

Ahhh so not that competition side of it then.

Well fingers crossed I should be able to play North v South if you ever want to travel, got spare guns etc

Spend the weekend with the team and lets see how good you think you are

(We normally get cheaper tickets and paint)

"Used to race bikes, not the most extreme but flying around a velodrome on a fixed wheel track bike feels amazing. And cyclo-cross, modern coursescarecquirevtsme but I rode on some crazy courses, and did the 3 peaks cyclo-cross a few times. Not sure which is more stupid carrying a bike up inglebrough or riding one down whernside!!

These days marathon running but its pretty tabe, got a 24 hour trail race next year which will be a little more extreme"

Certainly will be lol

I love of piste snowboarding ! The adrenaline and danger is something else

Do you push yourself to your limits"

Absolutely shattered some days when I’ve come of the mountain after a good days boarding x

I used to do mountain biking before my injury. Didn't do the extreme side of it but did get pretty hairy at times darting between trees or throwing myself down steep rocky hills. Excellent fun though, makes you feel alive

M x

Done some winter mountain biking,carron valley forest n wind farm and round kielder when 'beast from the east' was on,no phone signal saw nobody all day in deep snow,n biking round Ben Nevis in Feb,

"I used to do mountain biking before my injury. Didn't do the extreme side of it but did get pretty hairy at times darting between trees or throwing myself down steep rocky hills. Excellent fun though, makes you feel alive

M x"

You must have had nerves of steel

"Done some winter mountain biking,carron valley forest n wind farm and round kielder when 'beast from the east' was on,no phone signal saw nobody all day in deep snow,n biking round Ben Nevis in Feb,"

Some spectacular views then

I did once upon a time!

I used to skateboard before that so I guess I've always liked the more extreme side of things

By *modDMan  over a year ago

Lichfield

I wouldn’t exactly call it a hobby but I have exorcised one or two spirits down the years. That’s fairly extreme.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I used to be an outdoor pursuits instructor, rock climbing, caving, gorgewalking, coasteering, and watersports (kayaking, canoeing and rafting).

Only really do watersports now, touring canoe trips in the summer, but still get the blood pumping with big water kayaking in the winter.

Gorgewalking sounds intriguing, what does it entail"

Its less about walking, and more about making your way up, or down, a gorge by scrambling up, over and down rocks, waterfalls and obstacles. Depending on how extreme the gorge, you might wear wetsuits, helmets and maybe even bouyancy aids, and use ropes too.

By *entleman55Man  over a year ago

S’th West Mc/r

Cross country hockey

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Seeing all these options of extreme sports makes me realise that my age, Osteoarthritic knees and hands, plus being a Natural Scaredycat, I'll stick to Tiddly Winks!

By *opite_xWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

I love knitting

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"It seems the overriding truth here that age has caught up with all of us!

And plenty of broken bones "

Nah age is but a number just keep going and ignore how old you are

Nah age is but a number just keep going and ignore how old you are"

YES YES YES

Nah age is but a number just keep going and ignore how old you are"

I do but other people keep reminding me..

'You're HOW old?.....wow'

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"Is Fencing an extreme hobby?

Maybe not"

Not really ...though sabre may be more so than Epee...!

I'm a Morris dancer

Phil

"I'm a Morris dancer

Phil"

I thought they were all called morris?

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I've done paintballing regularly for over 10 years, that's classed as an extreme sport. It hurts but it's good fun.

Coasteering is another, you get smashed against the cliffs a bit but it's decent!

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I take photography to extremes sometimes... Like last week photographing various sites in Crete with an 1899 Folding Pocket Kodak camera.

Gave up the motocross but as a couple we still go mountain climbing and skiing in Scotland in winter , few people killed every year on the mountains so guess that is an extreme sport we are still doing .

Anything on a mountain in Scotland in winter is extreme lol especially the conditions

By *latinumkittenWoman  over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I enjoy night-time mountain biking - nothing but a headtorch for light

By *ellsuitedMan  over a year ago

Elstree

Does training in combatives or Clay Pigeon shooting count?

Tried climbing with my husband a few years ok. I led an hvs which isn't that hard. 2nd him up an e2 once.

Havemt done it for years

"Done some winter mountain biking,carron valley forest n wind farm and round kielder when 'beast from the east' was on,no phone signal saw nobody all day in deep snow,n biking round Ben Nevis in Feb,

Some spectacular views then"

Yeah carron valley wind farm is fairly high up n with the snow n blue sky could see for miles,snow was crisp n deep only few animal footprints n was silent,kielder with the lake is beautiful in the snow n with it being so deep got up into parts usually closed off with logging

Driving to work when the windscreen hasn't fully defrosted

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Sword fighting and naked roller skates to get her it’s really extreme

Ouch!!! Nuts

» Add a new message to this topic