Feels like an onset of arthritis.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

good hand wraps are essential, but also wrapped correctly

By *ez1987Man  over a year ago

Great Harwood, Blackburn

Dunno about boxing but I do traditional jujitsu any my whole body aches after a session, never mind when I've been coach g 2 classes beforehand

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

learning the correct technique throwing punches too will help

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"good hand wraps are essential, but also wrapped correctly "

I use them and do wrap them up correctly. Just feel an ache in the flesh between all the bones and in the tendons.

By *estofbothCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Wrap correctly, bit of ice after a good session and heat works a few days later. Make sure you’re punching correctly, if you break your little finger something’s gone wrong.

Otherwise enjoy yourself, it’s one of the best sports for discipline and the your technique will frustrate you for the rest of your life.

"Wrap correctly, bit of ice after a good session and heat works a few days later. Make sure you’re punching correctly, if you break your little finger something’s gone wrong.

Otherwise enjoy yourself, it’s one of the best sports for discipline and the your technique will frustrate you for the rest of your life. "

Cheers

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I box and it’s natural to feel pain in your hands. You get used to it over time and then you stop hurting. What Ounce gloves are you wearing. For me minimum is a 14 ounce and I go up to 16 ounce. Always wrap your hands and I recommend a knuckle protector also.

"I box and it’s natural to feel pain in your hands. You get used to it over time and then you stop hurting. What Ounce gloves are you wearing. For me minimum is a 14 ounce and I go up to 16 ounce. Always wrap your hands and I recommend a knuckle protector also. "

I've been doing it for a while and have never had it to this degree though. I use 16oz gloves when sparring but like to use a 12oz on the bag to actually feel it. Unfortunately I am starting to think it's too thin since the speed and power has been improving lately.

By *el71Couple  over a year ago

Preston

You might have wrapped too tight which can cause as much damage as too slack.

Try to ice them and ibuprofen.

Keep them moving and massage them.

????

Up to the 14 on the bag. Use good quality gloves.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

Get some gel wraps, they have a gel pad that you slip on first then you wrap hands on top of it.

"I box and it’s natural to feel pain in your hands. You get used to it over time and then you stop hurting. What Ounce gloves are you wearing. For me minimum is a 14 ounce and I go up to 16 ounce. Always wrap your hands and I recommend a knuckle protector also.

I've been doing it for a while and have never had it to this degree though. I use 16oz gloves when sparring but like to use a 12oz on the bag to actually feel it. Unfortunately I am starting to think it's too thin since the speed and power has been improving lately. "

Bag gloves are a lot lower than 12oz, about 4oz

» Add a new message to this topic