FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why is it?...

Why is it?...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That sometimes no matter how many close friends you open up to, it takes a complete stranger to make you feel a little better?

You know who you are.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Because they don’t judge you

"Because they don’t judge you "

You could be on to something there

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Because they don’t judge you "

Totally this

Kindness are within strangers x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Thats why folk go to councelling to talk to someone who does not know or will not judge them

"Thats why folk go to councelling to talk to someone who does not know or will not judge them"

I get that, but their also highly trained, i just meant ordinary people, but yes i suppose the basis is no different.

Or we don't open up as honesty with friends as we just assume they will judge. We can't walk just walk away from them as we can with a total stranger

I think strangers do judge, but it's much more about how we view others response or reaction that determines the outcome.

Strangers sometimes have better perspective, on the outside looking in - and life experience in addition.

"Strangers sometimes have better perspective, on the outside looking in - and life experience in addition. "

Thats good point, sometimes not being involved can be insighful.

By *ilkenWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

On the positive side someone did make you feel better there are sadly a lot about who don't.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Novelty of experience, perhaps? You've self-selected your friends, who won't potentially have a difference that a stranger may have. Your friends may also have something to do with the issue. A detached perspective, without any repercussions, may also allow you to distil an issue very concisely, which can often let us gain a different perspective on something that's been overwhelming. Lots possible ways that talking helps and especially with someone who's unonvolved with you and possibly your past.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Complete strangers don't care about you on a more than superficial level. They listen in a different way and if they give advice it's without risk to a friendship.

"On the positive side someone did make you feel better there are sadly a lot about who don't. "

Yeah, i try to cut them out as much as possible, im perfectly capable of making myself feel bad

"Complete strangers don't care about you on a more than superficial level. They listen in a different way and if they give advice it's without risk to a friendship. "

Thats a very point about risk to friendship

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Pass, I dont really have many good friends and those that I do have are awesome!

Strangers don't come with the baggage- theirs and yours- that a friend has.

Talking to a stranger means that you can be more honest about your feelings, desires, your past and what you want to do because they are a blank canvas. You havnt invested in them so you don't have anything to lose.

If they disapprove or don't like you it doesn't matter and this gives you a tremendous freedom to be yourself that you might not be able to do with a friend.

"Strangers don't come with the baggage- theirs and yours- that a friend has.

Talking to a stranger means that you can be more honest about your feelings, desires, your past and what you want to do because they are a blank canvas. You havnt invested in them so you don't have anything to lose.

If they disapprove or don't like you it doesn't matter and this gives you a tremendous freedom to be yourself that you might not be able to do with a friend."

My friends know exactly who and what i am they know everything about me (i wear my heart on my sleve) theyve never once disaproved... dispared sometimes though

Because friends are supposed to look after you. We don't always appreciate it the same if we 'expect' it.

A stranger owes us nothing. So that little smile or a kind word from a stranger can mean more than if it was from a friend.

"Because friends are supposed to look after you. We don't always appreciate it the same if we 'expect' it.

A stranger owes us nothing. So that little smile or a kind word from a stranger can mean more than if it was from a friend. "

Wow... that had never even crossed my mind.

» Add a new message to this topic