FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What a fantastic day for Northern Ireland.

What a fantastic day for Northern Ireland.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The folks of Northern Ireland woke up this morning to amazing news.

Same sex marriage to be legalised, with the first same sex marriages to take place in February 2020.

#LoveIsLove

Abortion is to be decriminalised.

The government has until the end of March 2020 to put legislation for seeking abortions in place.

Finally, out of the dark ages!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The folks of Northern Ireland woke up this morning to amazing news.

Same sex marriage to be legalised, with the first same sex marriages to take place in February 2020.

#LoveIsLove

The government has until the end of March 2020 to put legislation for seeking abortions in place.

"

great news welcome to 2019 xxx hugs to all

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Good news

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Good news "

It’s really is!

By *myloudTV/TS  over a year ago

zone 4

I second that.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

#LoveIsLove

"

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Excellent news

"Excellent news "

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Oh brilliant! What a positive step forward.

Finally! I don't know what took you so long, but welcome to the free-ish world!

Will grigg is the only thing what comes to mind

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

As someone who has been part of the campaign to decriminalise abortion in NI for three years it is quite an emotional day. It's been a long slog with slow progress. We had a few small victories along the way. At one point I feared we may technically win the legal battle but they may simply not provide the service making it a pointless exercise but it is so positive to see solid plans in place including plans for buffer zones around the hospitals providing the service to prevent them being harassed by protesters.

"Will grigg is the only thing what comes to mind"

You can't have him, he's mine.

"As someone who has been part of the campaign to decriminalise abortion in NI for three years it is quite an emotional day. It's been a long slog with slow progress. We had a few small victories along the way. At one point I feared we may technically win the legal battle but they may simply not provide the service making it a pointless exercise but it is so positive to see solid plans in place including plans for buffer zones around the hospitals providing the service to prevent them being harassed by protesters. "

Brilliant

A nice little “up yours” to that fossil Arlene Foster too!

Liverpool

"As someone who has been part of the campaign to decriminalise abortion in NI for three years it is quite an emotional day. It's been a long slog with slow progress. We had a few small victories along the way. At one point I feared we may technically win the legal battle but they may simply not provide the service making it a pointless exercise but it is so positive to see solid plans in place including plans for buffer zones around the hospitals providing the service to prevent them being harassed by protesters.

Brilliant

A nice little “up yours” to that fossil Arlene Foster too!"

Yes! I was literally shouting at the TV when she was talking about it. In ROI it took a woman dying from sepsis due to retained placenta from a miscarried twin due to it being illegal for doctors to abort the remaining twin that wouldn't have survived the birth anyway for them to finally legalise abortion. What a tragically unnecessary loss of life.

"As someone who has been part of the campaign to decriminalise abortion in NI for three years it is quite an emotional day. It's been a long slog with slow progress. We had a few small victories along the way. At one point I feared we may technically win the legal battle but they may simply not provide the service making it a pointless exercise but it is so positive to see solid plans in place including plans for buffer zones around the hospitals providing the service to prevent them being harassed by protesters.

Brilliant

Yes! I was literally shouting at the TV when she was talking about it. In ROI it took a woman dying from sepsis due to retained placenta from a miscarried twin due to it being illegal for doctors to abort the remaining twin that wouldn't have survived the birth anyway for them to finally legalise abortion. What a tragically unnecessary loss of life."

How sad!

I’d say dear old Arlene is frothing at the mouth today, that makes me happy

By *ork fellaMan  over a year ago

Macroom

Great day for the North.

"As someone who has been part of the campaign to decriminalise abortion in NI for three years it is quite an emotional day. It's been a long slog with slow progress. We had a few small victories along the way. At one point I feared we may technically win the legal battle but they may simply not provide the service making it a pointless exercise but it is so positive to see solid plans in place including plans for buffer zones around the hospitals providing the service to prevent them being harassed by protesters. "

Is there a chance they could overturn it? Like Trump did?

Liverpool

Brilliant

Yes! I was literally shouting at the TV when she was talking about it. In ROI it took a woman dying from sepsis due to retained placenta from a miscarried twin due to it being illegal for doctors to abort the remaining twin that wouldn't have survived the birth anyway for them to finally legalise abortion. What a tragically unnecessary loss of life.

How sad!

I’d say dear old Arlene is frothing at the mouth today, that makes me happy "

Me too

Liverpool

Is there a chance they could overturn it? Like Trump did? "

Not unless they can get the nationalists to take part.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I had to stay up just to see the clock move to midnight and the law change. A great day.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Nothing is ever black & white in NI. First of society is still more conservative that the UK and republic. There is opposition to abortion on both sides of the divide. Both sides risk losing supporters if they were to be in openly in favour of abortion.

So perversely it suits them to have this legislation imposed on them. They can legitmately say 'it wasn't us' There is no doubt the way the legislation was passed in the HoC was a massive fuck you to the DUP 325-65 votes. Special thanks has to be gave to Sammy Wilson MP for the way he spoke in a debate last summer.

From talking to people, the battle is now on social media, facebook was brutal today, the american anti abortion activists doing their thing.

As to Arlene, she honestly has bigger problems to deal with, at this stage she is a dead (wo)man walking.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

They can't change it cos their parliament isn't active! Ha Ha.

They can't activate it either because of an imbalance of both sides.

Sinn fain (know it's not spelt correctly) won't go to Westminster either cos they refuse to swear allegiance to the queen.

Glad the laws changed though, they need to catch up to the times, social thinking there is way behind.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

In a way i feel sad. It's not the baby's fault it's mother was sexually assaulted, yet it pays with it's life.

"I had to stay up just to see the clock move to midnight and the law change. A great day.

"

It truly is, Lickety

Has Boris been paying Ireland cash for votes again?

"Has Boris been paying Ireland cash for votes again?"

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Has Boris been paying Ireland cash for votes again?"

I don't think the DUP are big fans of the new policy tbh.

Dup= dinosaurs

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Great day for freedom of choice for the women of Northern Ireland. At long last the mantra of "my body, my choice" can be practiced. It's hard enough to make the decision to abort as it is without adding the additional pressure of antiquated outdated out of step legislation into the mix.

It's a shame though that it was done by central government. It does raise other questions on this. How would people if home rule was reintroduced. Just a thought.

"Dup= dinosaurs "

Stop insulting dinosaurs like that.

It's about time and I'm very happy about it!

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

The way people are talking here it's as if the N Ireland people have a new found liberalist attitude. It's only because the assembly isn't sitting that it went through. This country is still under the grip of the god fearing brigade in my opinion. We've a long way to go before you see a branch of chams or xstasia here, without fear of being in the press.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"The way people are talking here it's as if the N Ireland people have a new found liberalist attitude. It's only because the assembly isn't sitting that it went through. This country is still under the grip of the god fearing brigade in my opinion. We've a long way to go before you see a branch of chams or xstasia here, without fear of being in the press."

This is true, what is also true that the DUP are catching the flak for this, but whilst they are the loudest on this issue, they're not alone.

Even here this issue has been used for sectarian gloating. I fully support a womans right to be in charge of her own body. Any woman that I met that had a termination has found the decision a difficult one. But to see it used for political point scoring is disappointing but not surprising.

By *hechapMan  over a year ago

Derry

Hears me. Hi any mention if us ins ear r getting any sex clubs then??

It seems to me nooww if ur wan o tem ther child killin wans or wan o tem aul quers use ins get every thin. Fickin every thin noow.

But usins ear on fab we get nathan.

Fickin nathan.

Not wan fukin sex club about the place.

Sow thers fickin knot.

NEWTOWNABBEY

"Hears me. Hi any mention if us ins ear r getting any sex clubs then??

It seems to me nooww if ur wan o tem ther child killin wans or wan o tem aul quers use ins get every thin. Fickin every thin noow.

Fickin nathan.

Sow thers fickin knot.

"

Try learning to spell, then we won't need the enigma code breaker to read your post.

Not a "yout"

By *inn_the_humanMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

This was a good way to finish the night. A positive story that really doesn't have any drawbacks. We can debate the motives and politics behind it, but ultimately the world is a wee bit better for a lot of folks.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I think it's amazing that abortion is legal in the rebublic and the reason protesters couldn't stop it was because Sinn Fein refused to attend Stormont on Monday.

By *hechapMan  over a year ago

Derry

Fickin nathan.

Sow thers fickin knot.

Try learning to spell, then we won't need the enigma code breaker to read your post.

Not a "yout""

Sorry about my spelling. I did try to learn but i had this old witch for a teacher and she refused to learn me how to spell. Trade secret i suppose.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

No more down syndrome children for the North.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"No more down syndrome children for the North."

What a truly disgusting post.

Not everyone who is informed they may have a Down Syndrome Child chooses to have an abortion. And if you had even the slightest inkling of how some members of the medical profession scare monger you to believe that having a child with a disability is the worst thing that can happen to you, you wouldn’t be so quick to make such a disgusting comment.

Shame on you.

Ffs

NEWTOWNABBEY

Coming from someone who's fab straight yet wants to meet a TV, is a bit rich. May your meets dry up like the Gobi desert for having the insensitivity to make a comment like that. Shame on you, you C-nt!!!

#LoveIsLove

great news welcome to 2019 xxx hugs to all "

I wonder who'll be making the wedding cake.

Fickin nathan.

Sow thers fickin knot.

Not a "yout""

Try learning to be nice

» Add a new message to this topic