FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Back to reality

Back to reality

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

After a busy weekend filled with lots of life and fab related frivolity it's back to the daily grind for most of us.

Whilst this can be a good thing as it helps to place the fun times in context, it can also be a bit of a jolt and lead to malaise.

So I was wondering dear forum folk; how do you manage the back to reality bump?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Bills to pay and I am a realist so money has to be aren't and in reality I enjoy working so its not all bad. I would hate to be in a position some are with no job or hating what they do.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Am having a serious dose of "back to reality" generally lately OP - not from any specific event or thing, just a general sense of it - not sure there's anything I can do specifically other than weather the "meh-ness" and wait for it to pass

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Firstly lots of coffee, followed by knowing I've got to work to keep a roof over my head and afford the nice things in life for myself and my kids..

Followed by more coffee and hopefully some cake..

Ive never said this before, but I had such a bad weekend, I'm glad to be back at work

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Take a deep breath and crack on usually.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Hoping for some ideas on this thread as i'm back to work tomorrow after 10 days off, and a marvellous weekend performing.

I've got a nice evening planned tonight, but tomorrow morning is going to be horrid

I know i've just got to suck it up and drag my arse into work, but I really don't want to

By *ooking4othersMan  over a year ago

Here ...

"Hoping for some ideas on this thread as i'm back to work tomorrow after 10 days off, and a marvellous weekend performing.

I've got a nice evening planned tonight, but tomorrow morning is going to be horrid

I know i've just got to suck it up and drag my arse into work, but I really don't want to "

Forget about work and enjoy the rest of the time off that you have left!

Manchester (he/him)

"Am having a serious dose of "back to reality" generally lately OP - not from any specific event or thing, just a general sense of it - not sure there's anything I can do specifically other than weather the "meh-ness" and wait for it to pass "

I'm sorry to read that GM, is that down to a general malaise towards fab related activities in general or wider issues (without going into details)?

I have had a great weekend with the twins bookended by two excellent sessions bouldering (a lot of improvement) but I don’t need to go back to reality just yet as i am on my way to Holly for 9 days

LJ

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I just used to grit my teeth, put my head down and get on with it. I hated that Monday morning feeling

Manchester (he/him)

"Hoping for some ideas on this thread as i'm back to work tomorrow after 10 days off, and a marvellous weekend performing.

I know i've just got to suck it up and drag my arse into work, but I really don't want to "

I think that having things planned and something to look forward to helps to ease the 'bump', taking pleasure from the little things and enjoying the good memories.

Taking time for you and being gentle with yourself is also very important

I've had a week away which has been lovely but back to England with a bump. Not in work for a few days but things are messy in my personal life so I was excited about coming home for my plans this week but not sure if they are happening now so feeling a little lost

I work different shifts each week so I don’t really get that Monday morning feeling which is great ! X

I never left reality..

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Am having a serious dose of "back to reality" generally lately OP - not from any specific event or thing, just a general sense of it - not sure there's anything I can do specifically other than weather the "meh-ness" and wait for it to pass

I'm sorry to read that GM, is that down to a general malaise towards fab related activities in general or wider issues (without going into details)? "

Like I said nothing specific - just a general sense - it'll pass, usually does...but thanks

I'll back to you in a week, currently off work and off to Italy so no reality for me for a little

I try to create a reality (both physically and mentally) that I love and then there is no bump!

This morning I woke up to a beautiful message and it set me up for a brilliant day ahead of work that I enjoy.....

It's all in your approach and how much you choose to separate joy from reality in your mind....

A more positive question might have been what are you going to enjoy about your day today and what will you learn.....?

By *iss.RedWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

"Am having a serious dose of "back to reality" generally lately OP - not from any specific event or thing, just a general sense of it - not sure there's anything I can do specifically other than weather the "meh-ness" and wait for it to pass "

I've been exactly the same! "Meh-ness" is in the air

Put my kinky gear away. Get out my big girl pants, be brave and get on with the week.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Like you OP, great FAB weekend but I am also a huge fan of reality... as much as 6am alarm on Monday makes me moan in a non FAB way, I know there are only 5 days til the weekend

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan  over a year ago

Close

Plenty of coffee and dive straight in.... 2 or 3 Skype meetings this morning going through pipelines and numbers with salespeople... Same tomorrow and then a one day trip to London Wednesday!!

Manchester (he/him)

"I try to create a reality (both physically and mentally) that I love and then there is no bump!

This morning I woke up to a beautiful message and it set me up for a brilliant day ahead of work that I enjoy.....

It's all in your approach and how much you choose to separate joy from reality in your mind....

A more positive question might have been what are you going to enjoy about your day today and what will you learn.....? "

I don't think it's a question of the creation of reality, real life is very much a matter of the needs and requirements of life vs the wants and joys of the individual.

I agree about the question of perspective but it's not always it's a simple question of reframing your thoughts like that

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I think it’s just part of the balance to feel like that.. and can be quite a good lesson to make things happen. I tend to reflect on a great few days and have a good moan to mates.. but it gives me the kick to make plans and to enjoy more too.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I simply crack on with the day ahead. It’s fun to remember but there’s life to live

I'm quite a positive person in general, if I've had a good time then I'll still be buzzing from that and just carry it into the mundane parts of my life.

I must be so annoying

Rubi x

All change starts with trying. Too many pll (especially online in forums etc) are too quick to say there's nothing they can do about their situation. There's always something you can do while you can still breathe and think, maybe you just haven't worked out what it is yet?

I personally would try to align the two things you mention in your first paragraph, wants and needs, and at the end of that if there's really nothing you can do about them then accept the difference and try to make the most of what you have. I'd rather be planning for this forthcoming exhibition I have with work, than getting a bollocking from my boss asking why I haven't planned anything, and I can enjoy the power that gives me and enjoy the process and learn as I go along. Orgasms and rushes aren't the best learning experiences imho, it's the days in between, the looking forward and the relationships you build that make the whole week enjoyable.

If all else fails and I'm really genuinely down then I'll try to so something nice for someone else, to make someone elses Monday better or easier, and that make me feel better in turn and also the chances are it'll be reciprocated eventually too in a positive cycle

"All change starts with trying. Too many pll (especially online in forums etc) are too quick to say there's nothing they can do about their situation. There's always something you can do while you can still breathe and think, maybe you just haven't worked out what it is yet?

I personally would try to align the two things you mention in your first paragraph, wants and needs, and at the end of that if there's really nothing you can do about them then accept the difference and try to make the most of what you have. I'd rather be planning for this forthcoming exhibition I have with work, than getting a bollocking from my boss asking why I haven't planned anything, and I can enjoy the power that gives me and enjoy the process and learn as I go along. Orgasms and rushes aren't the best learning experiences imho, it's the days in between, the looking forward and the relationships you build that make the whole week enjoyable.

If all else fails and I'm really genuinely down then I'll try to so something nice for someone else, to make someone elses Monday better or easier, and that make me feel better in turn and also the chances are it'll be reciprocated eventually too in a positive cycle "

Oops, forgot the reply button @TM

Manchester (he/him)

"I think it’s just part of the balance to feel like that.. and can be quite a good lesson to make things happen. I tend to reflect on a great few days and have a good moan to mates.. but it gives me the kick to make plans and to enjoy more too. "

I do tend to agree with you, with the highs come the lows. It's all about balance and knowledge of what's coming or happening that's key.

Personally I've found that having something fun to look forward to helps massively.

Manchester (he/him)

"I simply crack on with the day ahead. It’s fun to remember but there’s life to live "

Exactly that, it's the 'life to live' that can sometimes trip people up though. The fact that you seem to have a consistent approach to it is a good thing though.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"I think it’s just part of the balance to feel like that.. and can be quite a good lesson to make things happen. I tend to reflect on a great few days and have a good moan to mates.. but it gives me the kick to make plans and to enjoy more too.

I do tend to agree with you, with the highs come the lows. It's all about balance and knowledge of what's coming or happening that's key.

Personally I've found that having something fun to look forward to helps massively. "

Totally every day can’t be a party but it’s good to reflect and look forward whilst living the day we are in.. you know me.. enjoy the moment

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Ive never said this before, but I had such a bad weekend, I'm glad to be back at work "

That's a real shame...hope this week is much better for you x

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I live in the clouds so the world is always fluffy.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I simply crack on with the day ahead. It’s fun to remember but there’s life to live

Exactly that, it's the 'life to live' that can sometimes trip people up though. The fact that you seem to have a consistent approach to it is a good thing though. "

I dont realy have much choice in the matter

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Am having a serious dose of "back to reality" generally lately OP - not from any specific event or thing, just a general sense of it - not sure there's anything I can do specifically other than weather the "meh-ness" and wait for it to pass

I've been exactly the same! "Meh-ness" is in the air "

It really does seem to be at the moment.

I've been exactly the same! "Meh-ness" is in the air

It really does seem to be at the moment."

Brexit innit....

"Ive never said this before, but I had such a bad weekend, I'm glad to be back at work

That's a real shame...hope this week is much better for you x"

Thank you

I used to get the post meet blues but don't seem to anymore! I just run with the tiredness, work it hard out of my system and by then it's the weekend again

Today feels pretty good, still buzzing from the weekend and looking forward to the Stp in two weeks!

Peach x

» Add a new message to this topic