FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Avoiding leg day

Avoiding leg day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hillout OP   Man  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Question for the fellas who are regular gym goers. Do you have a specific "leg" day, or do you, like me, actively avpid it?

Legs are hard, painful and don't give me the instant gratification of working the waist up. Anyone else feel similar?

Starting today i'm hoping to change this and gritting my teeth already!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

2 leg days a week for me... I like squats

I love leg day, it's hard but I get the most satisfaction out of it.

I squat 4 times a week and deadlift 4 times a week. One normal heavy session of each, one paused, one speed and another high rep.

"I love leg day, it's hard but I get the most satisfaction out of it.

I squat 4 times a week and deadlift 4 times a week. One normal heavy session of each, one paused, one speed and another high rep."

Hence those massive quads that turn lady's knickers to mush

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"Question for the fellas who are regular gym goers. Do you have a specific "leg" day, or do you, like me, actively avpid it?

Legs are hard, painful and don't give me the instant gratification of working the waist up. Anyone else feel similar?

Starting today i'm hoping to change this and gritting my teeth already! "

Do it...a strong pair.of legs...thighs are very

It's actually hysterical when you see people who love upper body work but avoid legs....

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Not a fella but I love doing legs! It hurts so good.

"Question for the fellas who are regular gym goers. Do you have a specific "leg" day, or do you, like me, actively avpid it?

Do it...a strong pair.of legs...thighs are very "

Don't think I have bad looking legs and they're certainly not skinny. Squats and deadlifts don't give me that same satisfactory "pump" that a bench press or biceps curl does

Comment is noted, though

Legs probably are the hardest workout of the week. Heavy squats and deadlifts are really taxing on the body and usually leave you feeling sore for a few days after.

But it is essential to train legs.

We've all seen the guys walking around the gym who always skip leg day and look great in a vest but never wear shorts because of their chicken legs.

B38

Do it...a strong pair.of legs...thighs are very

Don't think I have bad looking legs and they're certainly not skinny. Squats and deadlifts don't give me that same satisfactory "pump" that a bench press or biceps curl does

Comment is noted, though "

You look great from where

I'm sitting

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I squat 4 times a week and deadlift 4 times a week. One normal heavy session of each, one paused, one speed and another high rep."

You are Mr Thighs!!

"Legs probably are the hardest workout of the week. Heavy squats and deadlifts are really taxing on the body and usually leave you feeling sore for a few days after.

We've all seen the guys walking around the gym who always skip leg day and look great in a vest but never wear shorts because of their chicken legs."

Yes, i've seen guys at the gym I frequent that have massive chests, lats, pecs and biceps but have stilts for legs

"Legs probably are the hardest workout of the week. Heavy squats and deadlifts are really taxing on the body and usually leave you feeling sore for a few days after.

We've all seen the guys walking around the gym who always skip leg day and look great in a vest but never wear shorts because of their chicken legs.

Yes, i've seen guys at the gym I frequent that have massive chests, lats, pecs and biceps but have stilts for legs "

I asked a couple of younger lads I know, why they never train legs but go hard on upper body

Their reply was, we're going for " the beach body look "

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Yes, i've seen guys at the gym I frequent that have massive chests, lats, pecs and biceps but have stilts for legs

I asked a couple of younger lads I know, why they never train legs but go hard on upper body

Their reply was, we're going for " the beach body look " "

Their reply was, we're going for " the beach body look " "

In most cases because people are scared of hard work and or they can't actually squat properly.

In most cases because people are scared of hard work and or they can't actually squat properly.

"

My case is i'm wary of these exercises because of the potential for injury with bad technique. I've seen and treated way too many

Manchester (she/her)

"

Quite.

More helpfully, I find I cut down on DOMS by making sure I hit protein after my lifting. I use Myoband Oblivion so as not to mess with my macros (too much) otherwise.

My case is i'm wary of these exercises because of the potential for injury with bad technique. I've seen and treated way too many "

I've seen the same happen in the gym.

Couple of years ago I pulled a lad on his deadlift technique and advised him to drop the weight, he didn't listen. Week after he was lifting next to me and snapped his hamstring.

Lad asked to join in with me on squats, I was on a light day. He weighed about 60kg and jumped straight in at around 160kg, it folded him in half, fucking idiot.

Need to give them time to recover and strap them up for a heavy session. Once every 7 days for me they do hurt like no other muscle group though !

"

Manchester (she/her)

I do modified lifts based around my weaknesses. Happy to talk about it privately etc.

My case is i'm wary of these exercises because of the potential for injury with bad technique. I've seen and treated way too many

Couple of years ago I pulled a lad on his deadlift technique and advised him to drop the weight, he didn't listen. Week after he was lifting next to me and snapped his hamstring.

Lad asked to join in with me on squats, I was on a light day. He weighed about 60kg and jumped straight in at around 160kg, it folded him in half, fucking idiot."

Ouch!! Eager, careless beaver

By *oupleforxtrafunCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Lad asked to join in with me on squats, I was on a light day. He weighed about 60kg and jumped straight in at around 160kg, it folded him in half, fucking idiot.

Ouch!! Eager, careless beaver "

Leg day is the most at least 2 to times a week all your body is just totally out of balance it’s very hard to do legs if you’re someone who keeps active on your legs all day

Lad asked to join in with me on squats, I was on a light day. He weighed about 60kg and jumped straight in at around 160kg, it folded him in half, fucking idiot."

Ego lifters mate. Guys who like to go way too heavy ( usually when there are hot girls around the gym) Every gym has them and they always learn the hard way

Manchester (she/her)

"Ego lifters mate. Guys who like to go way too heavy ( usually when there are hot girls around the gym) Every gym has them and they always learn the hard way"

If there's a woman in the resistance area, she's probably fed up with them more than anyone

lets Just say jeans are difficult to find

In the middle of my first proper "leg" day in ages and i'm in agony!

Manchester (she/her)

"In the middle of my first proper "leg" day in ages and i'm in agony! "

Bless

Loooooooove good legs on a fella

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I do full body 5 days a week , so legs 5 times a week then 20 km mountain hike or m bike at wk ends

Legs like volume

"I do full body 5 days a week , so legs 5 times a week then 20 km mountain hike or m bike at wk ends

Legs like volume"

Gotta love the dedication much as i'd like, can't find the time to be that consistent

B38

"I do full body 5 days a week , so legs 5 times a week then 20 km mountain hike or m bike at wk ends

Legs like volume"

Wow...that is dedication...fair play to you. The results look good too.

I eat chicken legs every Tuesday afternoon.

If you hate leg day, just add 1 or 2 leg workouts to your normal program and spread it out.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I squat 4 times a week and deadlift 4 times a week. One normal heavy session of each, one paused, one speed and another high rep.

Hence those massive quads that turn lady's knickers to mush "

not this one.... I don’t like them

"I eat chicken legs every Tuesday afternoon."

Mmmm love a KFC

"I eat chicken legs every Tuesday afternoon.

Mmmm love a KFC "

Manchester (she/her)

I expect this thread to be back with complaints tomorrow or the next day

By *atebanksMan  over a year ago

North London

My leg day usually a Friday or Saturday.

My goto is squats, leg press, calf raises, leg extension, leg curl and dumbbell lunges.

Wednesday I do 20 mins of interval running on the treadmill.

Ever since I started a proper leg routine, I've started to get a great shape to my legs, I've got quite good calves

"I expect this thread to be back with complaints tomorrow or the next day "

Tomorrow I expect my walking to be a cross between a duck's and a crab's

Manchester (she/her)

"I expect this thread to be back with complaints tomorrow or the next day

Tomorrow I expect my walking to be a cross between a duck's and a crab's "

Bless

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I personally love leg day.

I personally love men who love leg day, and also avoid men who avoid leg day.

I just think it looks a little silly to be stacked up top, and have little chicken legs.

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Try Muay Thai. Every day is legs day..

Other than that. Fucking love legs day. You might not get the pump (though you can from drop sets of leg extensions/thigh curls).

I cant do big lifts due to a degenerative lower back issue, so I am currently going for volume. 10 x 10 on squats with 30 secs speedrope inbetween.

Then 3 rounds of 20 leg press, drop set leg extension, drop set thigh curl, 1km run..

Manchester (she/her)

Try a lower limb injury. Every day is leg day was my mantra for ages

Ideally I would leave it for Thursday/Friday so that the worst part of dom's are over the weekend when you don't have to work.

Oh and I definitely fucking feel it straight away, usually by the time I finish my Sally set my quads are fucked

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not sure anyone's selling the leg day thing

» Add a new message to this topic