FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Grenfell towers!

Grenfell towers!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So apparently a member of one of the family have come forward and said if the block of flats were full off white people our emergency services would of acted quicker! She’s saying basically it’s racist!

I feel bad on our emergency services as they do a brilliant job, and I’m sure there was white asian black living within the block! Why is this even given national news time !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etite HandfulWoman  over a year ago

Chester

Wow i didn't know the emergency services checked ethnicity before attending an emergency!

"Wow i didn't know the emergency services checked ethnicity before attending an emergency!"

My thoughts exactly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Wow i didn't know the emergency services checked ethnicity before attending an emergency!"

..... newsflash!

We dont

Seriously?

I think because it is a predominately black area she is making such claims

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"Wow i didn't know the emergency services checked ethnicity before attending an emergency!

My thoughts exactly "

How insulting to the emergency service personnel.

"Seriously? "

Yes was on the national news!! Full face palm

"Wow i didn't know the emergency services checked ethnicity before attending an emergency!

My thoughts exactly

How insulting to the emergency service personnel."

I thought the exact same

The real point is they were all not wealthy people living in a death trap. Nobody has been held accountable.

May they rest in peace.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"So apparently a member of one of the family have come forward and said if the block of flats were full off white people our emergency services would of acted quicker! She’s saying basically it’s racist!

I feel bad on our emergency services as they do a brilliant job, and I’m sure there was white asian black living within the block! Why is this even given national news time !! "

Why is it given news time? Because it helps stir up dissent.

Why do they want dissent? Because if you pit the working class against themselves then hopefully they wont notice they're about to be royally fucked over by those in power....again.

People just feel the need to point the finger.shame

Really .. so every shout out answered by the emergency services they do a check .mmmm and how...

"The real point is they were all not wealthy people living in a death trap. Nobody has been held accountable.

May they rest in peace."

Yes may they rest in peace!! Was it racist in how our emergency services acted? NO

"So apparently a member of one of the family have come forward and said if the block of flats were full off white people our emergency services would of acted quicker! She’s saying basically it’s racist!

I feel bad on our emergency services as they do a brilliant job, and I’m sure there was white asian black living within the block! Why is this even given national news time !!

Why do they want dissent? Because if you pit the working class against themselves then hopefully they wont notice they're about to be royally fucked over by those in power....again.

"

Very Orwellian! But I agree

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

A very good friend of mine was part of one of the crews who attended.

Not on shift, they got called in.

I've sat & held him, while he's sobbed his heart out over that day

Those men & women, went above & beyond that day.

They risked their own lives to save everyone they could

They live with the guilt they couldn't save everyone.

Some of them, are now left with life limiting conditions due to what they went through, pushing themselves to collapse, giving breathing gear to people they rescued, leaving themselves to breath in toxic fumes

Anyone, who for single second pushes blame on them, is a total arse as far as I'm concerned

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

Very Orwellian! But I agree "

Divide and conquer the motto of the British empire... How else did a tiny country come to rule at one time nearly 1/3 of the planet

"The real point is they were all not wealthy people living in a death trap. Nobody has been held accountable.

May they rest in peace.

Yes may they rest in peace!! Was it racist in how our emergency services acted? NO"

Great mistakes were made.

My thoughts are with the survivors and relatives. People are still angry.

"A very good friend of mine was part of one of the crews who attended.

Some of them, are now left with life limiting conditions due to what they went through, pushing themselves to collapse, giving breathing gear to people they rescued, leaving themselves to breath in toxic fumes

Anyone, who for single second pushes blame on them, is a total arse as far as I'm concerned

"

Why bring this up now! This news article was in 2018 and was made my an extremely traumatised person at the beginning of the inquiry.

By *oruseandabuseCouple  over a year ago

chichester

Black White. dogs, cats

We are all equal as far as are emergency services are concerned.

Just worry when rats are added to the list

"Why bring this up now! This news article was in 2018 and was made my an extremely traumatised person at the beginning of the inquiry. "

Because it was on ITV news today

By *ouis CyphreMan  over a year ago

The Midlands

Is this true? Watch out for fake news!!

The emergency services are made up of all types of people.

There are those who spread these types of stories the cause devision.

Thank you to our emergency services and may those people who lost their lives rest in peace and live long in the hearts of their families.

"Why bring this up now! This news article was in 2018 and was made my an extremely traumatised person at the beginning of the inquiry.

Because it was on ITV news today "

In relation to the inquiry.

Why vilify something some said not long after losing family members in extremely a traumatic situation. I'm not saying she was right but allowances have to be made.

"Is this true? Watch out for fake news!!

The emergency services are made up of all types of people.

There are those who spread these types of stories the cause devision.

Thank you to our emergency services and may those people who lost their lives rest in peace and live long in the hearts of their families."

I agree I’m only going on what was on national news TODAY I’m sure google will show this.

"Black White. dogs, cats

"

This may be the case for many.

But there are racists in every walk of life, that includes emergency services.

What that person said though was ridiculous and I don’t agree with it at all.

"Why bring this up now! This news article was in 2018 and was made my an extremely traumatised person at the beginning of the inquiry.

Why vilify something some said not long after losing family members in extremely a traumatic situation. I'm not saying she was right but allowances have to be made. "

Because I’ve not seen or heard of anything with this claim. On ITV earlier it never mentioned anything of earlier claims.

By *etite HandfulWoman  over a year ago

Chester

May they rest in peace."

That's nothing to do with slandering the emergency services!

Why vilify something some said not long after losing family members in extremely a traumatic situation. I'm not saying she was right but allowances have to be made. "

Not long after!! Apparently this family member has just come forward!! Why would ITV show it?

Google search only comes up with the original article in 2018.

Why vilify something some said not long after losing family members in extremely a traumatic situation. I'm not saying she was right but allowances have to be made.

Not long after!! Apparently this family member has just come forward!! Why would ITV show it?"

Look it up it was in 2018!

Not long after!! Apparently this family member has just come forward!! Why would ITV show it?

Look it up it was in 2018!"

Look it up!! Was on news today!!

Look it up!! Was on news today!!"

Not on ITV news website and nothing online. Aslo you said they have just come forward but they have not!

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Got to be true if it’s been in the news

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Black White. dogs, cats

"

I think they would attend a fire in the house of commons as well.

Not on ITV news website and nothing online. Aslo you said they have just come forward but they have not! "

It’s actually ok the Channel 4 website, posted an hour ago.

It was Doreen Lawrence who said it on Channel 4 News, Stephen Lawrence’s mother.

Not on ITV news website and nothing online. Aslo you said they have just come forward but they have not!

It was Doreen Lawrence who said it on Channel 4 News, Stephen Lawrence’s mother. "

Oh OK. So not what the OP said at all then.

I don't agree with what she said but I do think if you are going to discuss something so sensitive it's best to have the right information.

It was Doreen Lawrence who said it on Channel 4 News, Stephen Lawrence’s mother. "

I knew it was on a national news today!! As I sat watching it!!

It was Doreen Lawrence who said it on Channel 4 News, Stephen Lawrence’s mother.

I don't agree with what she said but I do think if you are going to discuss something so sensitive it's best to have the right information. "

Ok Lorna sorry I got the channel wrong

I knew it was on a national news today!! As I sat watching it!!"

But not a relative but an equal rights campaigner!

I don't agree with what she said but I do think if you are going to discuss something so sensitive it's best to have the right information.

Ok Lorna sorry I got the channel wrong "

And you said it was a family member but that's not the case.

But not a relative but an equal rights campaigner! "

I apologise! Not a relative!

I apologise! Not a relative!"

That's my point and how misinformation spreads.

That's my point and how misinformation spreads. "

Same content!! How is it racist

Same content!! How is it racist "

When did I say it was rasist?

The point is you where totally wrong and blaming vulnerable people who went through something horrible. It was in fact said my someone who sits in the house of Lords. That's a very big difference.

The point is you where totally wrong and blaming vulnerable people who went through something horrible. It was in fact said my someone who sits in the house of Lords. That's a very big difference. "

Where was I blaming ??

The point is you where totally wrong and blaming vulnerable people who went through something horrible. It was in fact said my someone who sits in the house of Lords. That's a very big difference.

Where was I blaming ?? "

Please show me??

That's my point and how misinformation spreads. "

Hmmmm your point was? You said I was blaming? But can’t show me how

"A very good friend of mine was part of one of the crews who attended.

"

This and so much more. The incident was completely unprecedented. No training or planning could have prepared anyone for anything like this. The scapegoating has been completely despicable. As an ex firefighter, I appreciate what it's like and how exhausting it is wearing full fire kit, breathing apparatus and having to work hard (the usual phrase being 'blowing through your arse). However, the crews at Grenfell were working beyond hard, they were working at the extreme end, giving it their all and still giving more. Every firefighter I know is totally dedicated and would have done the same, but fortunately so few get to experience it at that level.

Every firefighter there would either have thought of the collapse of the twin towers and the risk to themselves, yet still gone in, or have been so focused on saving lives that they wouldn't have given their own safety the slightest thought.

Total respect for those in the emergency services attending the incident. Total respect for those still dealing with the life changing trauma resulting from them giving their all. Total shame on those criticising them and making such crass comments. Let them take on the role of a firefighter in a mock set up (a mock set up because I wouldn't wish a real life situation like Grenfell on anyone) and see how tough, exhausting and stressful a situation like that would be, even though it would only represent a miniscule percentage of the real situation. Once they are doing that add in the need for them to preserve their own life, manage their air supply, maintain contact with the rest of their team and look after their safety, make instant decisions about saving people, who to save and how to save them, versus completing the tasks that they have been designated and keeping the bigger picture in mind, making an instant decision if saving one person nearby puts the lives of more at risk and then repeat...... and repeat again..... and again

Ash would you like to comment on here ?

By *ay19720Man  over a year ago

Ashford kent

The women shold have her benifits stopped..i know a lot of ppl past in that fire ..but alot got out thanks to brave men and women....that women is prob on the dole./.it was a free flat..she will now get compo /new place..and still moaning...unreal.

"The women shold have her benifits stopped..i know a lot of ppl past in that fire ..but alot got out thanks to brave men and women....that women is prob on the dole./.it was a free flat..she will now get compo /new place..and still moaning...unreal.

"

That woman, wasn’t in the fire, she didn’t even live in Grenfell, she won’t be getting compensation or a new place since she wasn’t a victim of Grenfell.

She is the mother of Stephen Lawrence who was killed in 1993.

As said by someone earlier in the thread, there is a policy agenda to sow discontent between working class people by the uber wealthy.

The more the poor blame each other for problems, the more they get away with shaftinv and pillaging society. Look at the banks, already forgotten how the gambled other people's money and got bailed out.

Capitalism for the poor and Socialism for the rich.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"

This for me

By *ay19720Man  over a year ago

Ashford kent

"The women shold have her benifits stopped..i know a lot of ppl past in that fire ..but alot got out thanks to brave men and women....that women is prob on the dole./.it was a free flat..she will now get compo /new place..and still moaning...unreal.

That woman, wasn’t in the fire, she didn’t even live in Grenfell, she won’t be getting compensation or a new place since she wasn’t a victim of Grenfell.

She is the mother of Stephen Lawrence who was killed in 1993. "

I dont care who she is..she be a racist..

Utter bollocks, not worth the news, not worth a post..... ....and yet ppl will talk and be enraged just as the silly misinformed angry woman was in the first place. It's a vicious cycle. "How dare that other group of different but SAME ppl say or do xyz"

Shame on them and us all really for getting sucked in.....

» Add a new message to this topic