FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anyone?

Anyone?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What is the one thing that betrays the status of your mental health? Let's just say even when you’re managing to keep up appearances in most other areas of your life?

For me it the amount of whasimg in my basket. I seem to let it pile up when I'm depressed. I think it's the fact that's there so much involved it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Huuuuuuuuuuuuulk smaaaaaaaaaaaash my elves are mental when this happens

By *ylvie 888Woman  over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"What is the one thing that betrays the status of your mental health? Let's just say even when you’re managing to keep up appearances in most other areas of your life?

For me it the amount of whasimg in my basket. I seem to let it pile up when I'm depressed. I think it's the fact that's there so much involved it. "

I stop exercising and making proper meals and start eating whatever is to hand... and I hate it ...

I stop smiling and generally lose interest in things I normall enjoy doing.

"What is the one thing that betrays the status of your mental health? Let's just say even when you’re managing to keep up appearances in most other areas of your life?

For me it the amount of whasimg in my basket. I seem to let it pile up when I'm depressed. I think it's the fact that's there so much involved it.

I stop exercising and making proper meals and start eating whatever is to hand... and I hate it ... "

I'd privately be the same if it wasn't for my kids.

I make excuses not to meet up with friends. Or arrange something and pull out.

"I make excuses not to meet up with friends. Or arrange something and pull out. "

Thinking about it I actually so this as well. I'll pretend I didn't see a massage and answer it hours later.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

When I dont want to talk to people. I shell up and just want to vegitate.

By *hank you sirMan  over a year ago

colchester

I'm lucky enough to not suffer from mental health issue at all, but then my brother and dad do quite badly.

But guys all these little things must be infuriating, I feel for you all

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I grew to recognise the signs that my mother's mental health was deteriorating as a quite young child. Just because nobody mentions it don't think they don't notice.

By *ez1987Man  over a year ago

Great Harwood, Blackburn

I end up not eating properly and only sleep about 4hours

I switch everything off. Lights, heating/air-con, phones, pc, tablet - everything that can be turned off gets turned off. I'll eat only cold food, have cold showers. I'll do my work in longhand and use candles at night. A few days of this makes me realise that many people are far worse off then I am and that my problems are nothing compared to theirs. A kind of self-inflicted kick in the arse. The longest I've gone like this is 13 days.

"I switch everything off. Lights, heating/air-con, phones, pc, tablet - everything that can be turned off gets turned off. I'll eat only cold food, have cold showers. I'll do my work in longhand and use candles at night. A few days of this makes me realise that many people are far worse off then I am and that my problems are nothing compared to theirs. A kind of self-inflicted kick in the arse. The longest I've gone like this is 13 days."

Sounds hard but if it works then it's worth it. I stopped washing mine and the kids clothes for just under a month. I didn't realise it was a problem till a friend noticed how dirty my kids uniforms were. She called round to ask if the washing machine had broke. I broke down. She filled bags with all our dirty cloths and brought them off. She came back the day after with them all washed and dried. To this day I have no idea how as there was loads. I'll always be grateful for that kind act. Helped me snap out of it.

I don’t think I really get depressed.

Every now and then I remember all the times I upset mom and then get angry I didn’t say sorry before it was too late.

When this happens I’m my own worst enemy. I become self destructive and alone.

My bedroom is a good indicator of my mood. It's very neat and orderly. If it's a mess I've prob got the miseries...

"My bedroom is a good indicator of my mood. It's very neat and orderly. If it's a mess I've prob got the miseries... "

When in the mood you can clean mine

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dissappear. Dont speak to anyone dont answer my phone or messages

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I switch everything off. Lights, heating/air-con, phones, pc, tablet - everything that can be turned off gets turned off. I'll eat only cold food, have cold showers. I'll do my work in longhand and use candles at night. A few days of this makes me realise that many people are far worse off then I am and that my problems are nothing compared to theirs. A kind of self-inflicted kick in the arse. The longest I've gone like this is 13 days.

Sounds hard but if it works then it's worth it. I stopped washing mine and the kids clothes for just under a month. I didn't realise it was a problem till a friend noticed how dirty my kids uniforms were. She called round to ask if the washing machine had broke. I broke down. She filled bags with all our dirty cloths and brought them off. She came back the day after with them all washed and dried. To this day I have no idea how as there was loads. I'll always be grateful for that kind act. Helped me snap out of it."

What a kind friend (and brave). Someone I know was paralysed with post natal depression after her last child was born. Two friends came into the house and took over everything until she felt better able to cope. We need more people like that

"I switch everything off. Lights, heating/air-con, phones, pc, tablet - everything that can be turned off gets turned off. I'll eat only cold food, have cold showers. I'll do my work in longhand and use candles at night. A few days of this makes me realise that many people are far worse off then I am and that my problems are nothing compared to theirs. A kind of self-inflicted kick in the arse. The longest I've gone like this is 13 days.

Sounds hard but if it works then it's worth it. I stopped washing mine and the kids clothes for just under a month. I didn't realise it was a problem till a friend noticed how dirty my kids uniforms were. She called round to ask if the washing machine had broke. I broke down. She filled bags with all our dirty cloths and brought them off. She came back the day after with them all washed and dried. To this day I have no idea how as there was loads. I'll always be grateful for that kind act. Helped me snap out of it.

What a kind friend (and brave). Someone I know was paralysed with post natal depression after her last child was born. Two friends came into the house and took over everything until she felt better able to cope. We need more people like that "

I was lucky she noticed if I'm honest.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What a kind friend (and brave). Someone I know was paralysed with post natal depression after her last child was born. Two friends came into the house and took over everything until she felt better able to cope. We need more people like that

I was lucky she noticed if I'm honest."

I think you were lucky she acted on what she noticed a lot of people don't like to interfere. There were times during my childhood that on reflection I realise that relatives had observed things but took no positive action. I'm glad you had a friend like that

I was lucky she noticed if I'm honest.

I think you were lucky she acted on what she noticed a lot of people don't like to interfere. There were times during my childhood that on reflection I realise that relatives had observed things but took no positive action. I'm glad you had a friend like that "

That's a better way of thinking. I'm sure others noticed too but just didn't say.

I go very quiet, don’t speak to friends. My housework doesn’t get put as a priority. I do a top clean. I shut myself away. X

"I go very quiet, don’t speak to friends. My housework doesn’t get put as a priority. I do a top clean. I shut myself away. X "

What's top clean?

After being ghosted by a "man" I was engaged to for 15 months,I sat in my bedroom for 3 weeks,and didn't eat.

Got my life back when my grandson was born...

My silence..I cut off in order to deal with my demons

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I generally shut down and stop doing things, stop interacting with real people and push others away.

If it gets bad then I start self destructing.

Conversely I sometimes start being a bit manic and focusing on light and frivolous things to avoid the serious stuff.

I lose my self control. And get triggered easily and hurt those around me. But mostly myself, so its a bit of reoccuring self hate exercise. Then remission of sorts. Then it creeps up again.

It's exhausting. And leaves lots of burnt bridges.

"I lose my self control. And get triggered easily and hurt those around me. But mostly myself, so its a bit of reoccuring self hate exercise. Then remission of sorts. Then it creeps up again.

It's exhausting. And leaves lots of burnt bridges. "

Doesn't sound good at all.

"I lose my self control. And get triggered easily and hurt those around me. But mostly myself, so its a bit of reoccuring self hate exercise. Then remission of sorts. Then it creeps up again.

Doesn't sound good at all."

Im still here! So hey.. survivor.

Doesn't sound good at all.

Im still here! So hey.. survivor. "

That's true and really that's all that matters.

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

My room of doom. Definitely.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I hibernate and stop answering my phone..

"I hibernate and stop answering my phone.. "

Do people not come looking for you when you do that.

[Removed by poster at 16/10/19 21:27:25]

By *cotsboyMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I dissappear. Dont speak to anyone dont answer my phone or messages"

I’m exactly the same

"I go very quiet, don’t speak to friends. My housework doesn’t get put as a priority. I do a top clean. I shut myself away. X

What's top clean?"

Just the basic cleaning, washing up but not wiping the cupboards down. Picking up in the living room but not dusting etc x

"I go very quiet, don’t speak to friends. My housework doesn’t get put as a priority. I do a top clean. I shut myself away. X

What's top clean?

Just the basic cleaning, washing up but not wiping the cupboards down. Picking up in the living room but not dusting etc x "

It's hard to keep up with everything when your minds just not in it.

Housework. I have zero motivation to do it. I don't like my house at the best of times but when I slump I fucking hate it yet don't want to leave it to even go to the shop.

P

"Housework. I have zero motivation to do it. I don't like my house at the best of times but when I slump I fucking hate it yet don't want to leave it to even go to the shop.

P"

Yah leaving the house can be hard.

By *zQTWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

" I stop exercising and making proper meals and start eating whatever is to hand... and I hate it ... "

Exactly this and then when I put on two stones I feel even worse

" I stop exercising and making proper meals and start eating whatever is to hand... and I hate it ...

Exactly this and then when I put on two stones I feel even worse "

It's a vicious circle sometimes.

[Removed by poster at 17/10/19 19:08:23]

By *tradesmanMan  over a year ago

colchester

since seperating an the ex taking the kids, everything! theres just little point in anything since.

I snap and snarl at everybody and everything and become a living nightmare - whilst feeling dead inside

"since seperating an the ex taking the kids, everything! theres just little point in anything since."

Must he hard. Couldn't imagine not having my kids.

» Add a new message to this topic