FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bad days

Bad days

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

One of the most hated phrases I have heard when I'm feeling down. Been feeling down a few days and trying to get in with it. Putting a fake smile on to make everyone feel better when deep down I just want to do nothing and stay in. Got told today that I'm just having a "bad day". It's not a bad day at all it's a shit day and not getting any better. As a person that suffers with anxiety and depression we don't get the help we need. Sometimes we need a boost sometimes we need support that we want but still don't get it. We laugh and smile but deep down were broken inside. Depression is one of the hardest things to go through. It makes you feel unwanted, unloved, unapproachable. No one should ever feel like that. its horrible. sorry for the sad post but sometimes we need to get things out in the open

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

To be honest, I call my days like this bad days. Having a personality disorder means I can have bad hours switching to good without a reason.

I think people try their best to understand, but don't know how to word it a lot of the time.

I hope you find something in your day that makes you smile x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your talking about it which;is a step in the right direction.

I would like to add to this but it's a tough thing to talk about. I applaud ur bravery

By *-sas-sinWoman  over a year ago

Arse end of the universe

I'm no counselor but I can lend an ear if you ever need it, been here myself and decent friends seem to go into the ether.

I'm sure plenty on here will also offer up their ears, but always willing to listen if you need it....x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Even people with anxiety and depression have bad days. Sometimes those days are worse than bad. Sometimes it's not just a day, but an episode.

People don't necessarily understand but are trying to help. That's not nothing.

Reach out to those who do understand or can help. Look to your own coping mechanisms. One foot in front of the other.

Been on a low for a few days now. I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried which I have done. Hate feeling unwanted. Such a horrible feeling

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

I tell people if I am having a bad day or week, if they want to here that or not

I also want people to tell me when they are, that way I can either help, or if they dont want that, leave them to it.

I totally get what you mean. I often think that people try their best but when you feel that awful it's often hard to accept it.

X

I do see where you're coming from as some people say it in a way to disregard your mental health, but most people are just trying to be kind and help you to remember that tomorrow could be a better day. I hope you will have better days soon and you manage to talk to someone about how you're feeling., It definitely does help to talk and get things off your chest when you're struggling.

Don’t apologise for this post, OP. Share here!

So many posters can relate to this, me included. I’ve been having a major battle with my mental health this year, depression, anxiety and an addiction.

I looked for help a few months ago and I’m getting it. I’m starting CBT soon and looking forward to see what it brings.

Do you have someone you can talk to, a friend? A professional? A charity in your area?

Exercise is good, I find. It helps clear my mind.

Hang in there xx

"Don’t apologise for this post, OP. Share here!

So many posters can relate to this, me included. I’ve been having a major battle with my mental health this year, depression, anxiety and an addiction.

I looked for help a few months ago and I’m getting it. I’m starting CBT soon and looking forward to see what it brings.

Do you have someone you can talk to, a friend? A professional? A charity in your area?

Hang in there xx"

Exercise is the most potent and underused antidepressant and it's also free!

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

At least you're talking about it. It's a start, a real start.

Like a lot of people I struggle, and today I had to face reality. It's going to be crap, but I'm at least feeling a bit more in control. I know I've been worried, but now at least I can see the actual rather than my imagination (which was worse).

The mind is a strange but wonderful thing

Hang in there xx

Exercise is the most potent and underused antidepressant and it's also free! "

I quite agree however it's very difficult to get motivated when you are in the depths.

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Hang in there xx

Exercise is the most potent and underused antidepressant and it's also free! "

They have found going for a walk in the woods is the best.

Whilst its a form of exercise, it actually gets you out in the open and lets your brain settle down.

I've tried going out to exercises I overthink way too much and I'm a bit of a lone wolf too so not got many people to talk to. Fighting a losing battle all the time

Hang in there xx

Exercise is the most potent and underused antidepressant and it's also free!

I quite agree however it's very difficult to get motivated when you are in the depths. "

I absolutely agree, a couple of weeks ago my motivation was non existent. A good friend dragged me out a few days in a row. She rocked up every day, knocked until I answered and made me go with her. Eventually I started going myself. I’m much better the days I get some fresh air than the days I don’t.

"Been on a low for a few days now. I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried which I have done. Hate feeling unwanted. Such a horrible feeling"

Thank you for sharing this. I wish I could sit and talk to you for a while, and let you know that the feelings you feel are not wrong, or abnormal. And ask you to keep talking, acknowledge and own it, but please keep talking

Bad days, small steps. Tiny positives, but still a positive nonetheless

You are here and you are talking.

*hugs*

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"I've tried going out to exercises I overthink way too much and I'm a bit of a lone wolf too so not got many people to talk to. Fighting a losing battle all the time"

At one point I didn’t leave my house for a year OP.. didn’t think I’d make it but I did. Small steps.. do what you can and don’t beat yourself up about what you didn’t achieve today. Keep talking.. always here for a chat.

This has affected so much of my lifem I've lost my job which is down to this, I've just become lazy and constantly down. I don't know what to do sometimes. I wake up and stay in bed for hours thinking that I can't be assed doing anything

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

Applaud your bravery OP, and inspired by it. This is George. For most of my life I was always a balanced and optimistic chap. A few years ago something happened to us which pushed me to the brink of suicide. Part of it was an unlucky act of fate - which I could of handled - but it was followed by a malicious act of such cruelty its hard to even think about it, by a person who was once a valued friend and colleague. The result was, despite Ailsa, Friends and family, that darkness was so close and tempting. Depression cannot really be understood by anyone who hasn’t experienced it. Most people mean well, but unless you’ve been there you just don’t know. I’d imagine there are a lot of people here who wrestle with their own demons. All we can do is support each other. Xx

"This has affected so much of my lifem I've lost my job which is down to this, I've just become lazy and constantly down. I don't know what to do sometimes. I wake up and stay in bed for hours thinking that I can't be assed doing anything"

Have you been to the drs? Medication and/or counseling? There are charities that might be able to sort out some help? Do you have family or friends to talk to?

By *illy999TV/TS  over a year ago

Taunton

I ride my road bike at a brisk pace and combine it with a bit of bird spotting in the summer..It keeps me a bit level

I struggle in the winter like many do ...

"This has affected so much of my lifem I've lost my job which is down to this, I've just become lazy and constantly down. I don't know what to do sometimes. I wake up and stay in bed for hours thinking that I can't be assed doing anything"

Would you consider going to a Doctor?

I love the fact that everyone is supportive and nobody at all is being mean or condescending like you would find and alot of social outlets. Seems like a real safe place to talk. Who knew fab had such a fab bunch

"This has affected so much of my lifem I've lost my job which is down to this, I've just become lazy and constantly down. I don't know what to do sometimes. I wake up and stay in bed for hours thinking that I can't be assed doing anything

Would you consider going to a Doctor? "

I've been and none of the meds work. Even tried therapy and wanted to hurt the therapist

I read somewhere.. smile, no one really cares how you feel. And maybe most don't, but those who tried to clumsily cheer you up might not understand it wasn't helpful.. but still they wanted to say something, take that pain away from you by minimising it I guess. And no it probably wasnt right for them to dismiss what you decided to share.

Sometimes you have to fight every hour. And sometimes emptiness might be unbearable but you have to find that will... despite of all the darkness. Who else will? We are all flawed but still worthy. Worthy punching those dark thoughts and giving ourselves every chance possible to see the better days.. and i do know its harder to stand up every time you have fallen to your knees again and begged for your mind to stop.. but there are moments awaiting you which will change that. And you have the strength to make that change happen. Because you have the strength to talk and ask for help. The helps is scarce, I agree.. i hope you can find treatments which will help you get in a stable place. It can be such a hit and miss right?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"This has affected so much of my lifem I've lost my job which is down to this, I've just become lazy and constantly down. I don't know what to do sometimes. I wake up and stay in bed for hours thinking that I can't be assed doing anything

I've been and none of the meds work. Even tried therapy and wanted to hurt the therapist"

There are literally dozens of psych meds out there.

Not all therapeutic approaches are right for all people, nor all therapists.

You need to keep asking for help and keep working at it.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

Hi op! You’re not far from me. Feel free to message if you fancy grabbing a brew. Sometimes it helps if someone is willing to just listen! Xx

By *illy999TV/TS  over a year ago

Taunton

I turned down medication after one tablet . What works

for me is intense physical activity & I don't mean horizontal jogging. Being physically fit helps ( it takes time to reach a good level ) & you should feel good about yourself & your efforts.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I've been and none of the meds work. Even tried therapy and wanted to hurt the therapist"

You’re not lazy you’re mentally exhausted.. the sad thing is that this is when you need to dig deep and not accept no for an answer with your doctors.. there are loads of different meds and different types of therapists and it’s a question of finding what works for you.. something will.. but at the point where you’re so exhausted by it all you have to cling onto the light that there will be an answer.. you just haven’t found it yet. X

"

Sometimes you might need to try several meds..SSRI take weeks to kick in and you might feel worse at first so there is that. But worth trying again.

Therapies. There are so many! Counselling.. CBT therapy.. and if things are serious you could ask for a psychiatric referral for further diagnosis if needed.

Help wont come knocking

"Hi op! You’re not far from me. Feel free to message if you fancy grabbing a brew. Sometimes it helps if someone is willing to just listen! Xx"

I can't message you peachy

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"Hi op! You’re not far from me. Feel free to message if you fancy grabbing a brew. Sometimes it helps if someone is willing to just listen! Xx

I can't message you peachy "

Sorted!

I think sometimes putting a label on them makes them more manageable. When you realise your having more good days than bad you know your winning

"I think sometimes putting a label on them makes them more manageable. When you realise your having more good days than bad you know your winning "

I have bad days, I have fucking horrendous days but I have a lot of good days. That said when someone says I'm having a bad day it does kinda feel like my emotions are being dismissed so I totally get the OPs point

"I think sometimes putting a label on them makes them more manageable. When you realise your having more good days than bad you know your winning

I have bad days, I have fucking horrendous days but I have a lot of good days. That said when someone says I'm having a bad day it does kinda feel like my emotions are being dismissed so I totally get the OPs point"

Thanks biker glad you understand

» Add a new message to this topic