FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Photogenic

Photogenic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a thought ! I’ve never been photogenic ! Which can be a problem on here. I’ve always done well with the ladies say when am on a night out or in a social environment but just don’t photo to well ! Or maybe the ladies I’ve met in town have just been to pissed to care lol. Oh and at no time did I take advantage of anyone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe ask someone to take pics for you? Or look up other men profiles for some inspiration?

I'm an ugly bastard

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I'm an ugly bastard"
your nose reminds me of something....

By *eminexWoman  over a year ago

some where in outer space

"Just a thought ! I’ve never been photogenic ! Which can be a problem on here. I’ve always done well with the ladies say when am on a night out or in a social environment but just don’t photo to well ! Or maybe the ladies I’ve met in town have just been to pissed to care lol. Oh and at no time did I take advantage of anyone."

Do y need a hug and a few tips ?

"Maybe ask someone to take pics for you? Or look up other men profiles for some inspiration? "
Thank you not a bad idea x

"Just a thought ! I’ve never been photogenic ! Which can be a problem on here. I’ve always done well with the ladies say when am on a night out or in a social environment but just don’t photo to well ! Or maybe the ladies I’ve met in town have just been to pissed to care lol. Oh and at no time did I take advantage of anyone.

Do y need a hug and a few tips ?"

Well you would know more than any Mummy pig ! Yes tips would be much appreciated x

Most people feel this way.. same goes for hearing our own voices.

Yet when a photographer catches us at our best, we're like daaaaaaamn.. I'm alright actually.

I think its something to do with what I'm naming the "Flat effect".

A photo is a 2d image of a 3d object and only a decent photo will capture the 3d effect of a face. Filters can help, filters as in.. adjusting light, shadow, depth, contrast etc.

Same goes for your voice, most of us capture it on tape players, computers or phones these days. Tech is getting better, but the speakers and mics arent all that still.

Record your voice in a professional studio, it sounds more, you!

To everyone else it may look/sound fine.. but to us, it's enough of a distorto throw us off kilter and we decide we're not photogenic, or start to despise our own voice.

The more pics you take, the more you record your voice, the more at ease you'll be with it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Learn how to take selfies of yourself. Phone camera, stand it up, use the timer. Think of pose, lighting, what's in the background. Take lots, delete the bloopers.

"Most people feel this way.. same goes for hearing our own voices.

Yet when a photographer catches us at our best, we're like daaaaaaamn.. I'm alright actually.

A photo is a 2d image of a 3d object and only a decent photo will capture the 3d effect of a face. Filters can help, filters as in.. adjusting light, shadow, depth, contrast etc.

Same goes for your voice, most of us capture it on tape players, computers or phones these days. Tech is getting better, but the speakers and mics arent all that still.

To everyone else it may look/sound fine.. but to us, it's enough of a distorto throw us off kilter and we decide we're not photogenic, or start to despise our own voice.

The more pics you take, the more you record your voice, the more at ease you'll be with it.

"

Great advice and yes hearing my voice on a video makes me cringe ! Yet if I get up in front of people to talk I sound fine. Maybe a photo shoot is install

"Learn how to take selfies of yourself. Phone camera, stand it up, use the timer. Think of pose, lighting, what's in the background. Take lots, delete the bloopers. "
good idea as I could definitely do better !

I think I'm in the minority but, for what it's worth, I prefer pics that aren't too posed when it comes to actually meeting. I do like looking at pretty forum pics though.

I quite like your joggers pic, and the shorts one, although I'd lose the t-shirt

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I think I'm in the minority but, for what it's worth, I prefer pics that aren't too posed when it comes to actually meeting. I do like looking at pretty forum pics though.

I quite like your joggers pic, and the shorts one, although I'd lose the t-shirt "

But you are utterly gorgeous.

Great advice and yes hearing my voice on a video makes me cringe ! Yet if I get up in front of people to talk I sound fine. Maybe a photo shoot is install "

I'd download an app called SNAPSEED it's a free to use photo editing app on playstore.

Then take shit loads of photos of yourself in hundreds of different poses, different clothes, different states of undress.

Then fiddle with the images a bit. There are preset drama filters, different to snapchat esque kitten shit people annoyingly use as adults.

There's not too many options to tweak and get lost in. Enough to get stuck into though.

In those 100 pics, you may find 10 you like, may be the pose, the colour, the texture, the lighting.. look for what you like and try to figure out why it is yu like it. Can you figure out how to recreate it?

Perhaps the natural light caught on your muscles nicely? Or you're partially silhouetted? Or you look lusty? Or that top looks better than the other one?

Trial and error my friend. You can learn a new skill, gain a new hobby, have something new to add to your random chat database..

Or pay someone else to get those things? I know what I'd choose, free education every time.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I photograph terribly, I dunno what it is, I always look lopsided

Great advice and yes hearing my voice on a video makes me cringe ! Yet if I get up in front of people to talk I sound fine. Maybe a photo shoot is install

I'd download an app called SNAPSEED it's a free to use photo editing app on playstore.

Then take shit loads of photos of yourself in hundreds of different poses, different clothes, different states of undress.

Then fiddle with the images a bit. There are preset drama filters, different to snapchat esque kitten shit people annoyingly use as adults.

There's not too many options to tweak and get lost in. Enough to get stuck into though.

In those 100 pics, you may find 10 you like, may be the pose, the colour, the texture, the lighting.. look for what you like and try to figure out why it is yu like it. Can you figure out how to recreate it?

Perhaps the natural light caught on your muscles nicely? Or you're partially silhouetted? Or you look lusty? Or that top looks better than the other one?

Trial and error my friend. You can learn a new skill, gain a new hobby, have something new to add to your random chat database..

Or pay someone else to get those things? I know what I'd choose, free education every time."

Thank you very much for your very insightful advice ! Absolutely spot on

Maldon and Peterborough

"I photograph terribly, I dunno what it is, I always look lopsided "

That's your sexy kink.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I photograph terribly, I dunno what it is, I always look lopsided

That's your sexy kink. "

I'm the wonky bitch lol

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

My pics go one of two ways:

I look like a rectangular blob

I look utterly fantastic.

I'm not into false advertising, so rarely send out pics.

I have a friend who's a professional photographer (of musicians)--she does great work in actual settings.

Take a billion and 15 pics, pick out the three that work.

Or pay someone else to get those things? I know what I'd choose, free education every time. Thank you very much for your very insightful advice ! Absolutely spot on "

Thankyou

Maldon and Peterborough

That's your sexy kink.

I'm the wonky bitch lol "

I prefer you to be my wank bitch. Lol

"I think I'm in the minority but, for what it's worth, I prefer pics that aren't too posed when it comes to actually meeting. I do like looking at pretty forum pics though.

I quite like your joggers pic, and the shorts one, although I'd lose the t-shirt "

Cheers duck x

That's your sexy kink.

I'm the wonky bitch lol "

lol your not

"I'm an ugly bastard your nose reminds me of something...."

Shh. It's a disguise

"I'm an ugly bastard your nose reminds me of something....

Shh. It's a disguise "

pmsl

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

Like many things, photography is less an art and more a craft. Practice really helps. And it’s absolutely true... for every 100 photographs I take, I get maybe 2 that are half decent. Capturing a natural moment when the light is just right is more an act of patience than skill.

Like you, we don’t consider ourselves remotely photogenic (well me, Ailsa is gorgeous), but she certainly doesn’t feel gorgeous most of the time. It’s in that moment, that natural, unguarded moment when we forget all about the camera, that we look our best.

There is great advice on this thread

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

I’m reasonably photogenic from the neck down... that’s pretty much the best I can do.

I found the use of a mini tripod, a remote control (a few quid on a Equatorial Jungle River site) and the use of a photo editing app enabled me to create a few decent photos. A good camera can transform how good they look.

"Like many things, photography is less an art and more a craft. Practice really helps. And it’s absolutely true... for every 100 photographs I take, I get maybe 2 that are half decent. Capturing a natural moment when the light is just right is more an act of patience than skill.

Like you, we don’t consider ourselves remotely photogenic (well me, Ailsa is gorgeous), but she certainly doesn’t feel gorgeous most of the time. It’s in that moment, that natural, unguarded moment when we forget all about the camera, that we look our best.

There is great advice on this thread "

Great photos

I'm the least photogenic human on this planet in vanilla life. My fab pics seem to go down quite well, though...

"Like many things, photography is less an art and more a craft. Practice really helps. And it’s absolutely true... for every 100 photographs I take, I get maybe 2 that are half decent. Capturing a natural moment when the light is just right is more an act of patience than skill.

There is great advice on this thread "

I’ve just had a peek and golly gosh I love your photo’s ! Very well taken and to be fair very classy oh I’ll be back to fab them

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

Compliments from a handsome gentleman Thank you Xx

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I used to absolutely hate having my photo taken, I'm really not photogenic

My favourite photo of me, was taken from over a mile away with a very good camera.

Learning how to take decent pics of myself, to post on here has not been easy, and I still hate my face in most of them

» Add a new message to this topic