FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Special relationship USA

Special relationship USA

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lex46 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

What kind of relationship do we have when an American citizen can drive on the wrong side of the road, kill a young British lad on his motorbike, then dissappear back to the states claiming diplomatic immunity?

She's not even a diplomat, that is her husband. I suspect she was advised and helped to return.

What about the poor parents and family of the lad?

One rule for the haves and another for the have not I suppose.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Trump disgusts me. I wish I could say I'm shocked but I'm not.

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Unfortunately, the Vienna convention does indeed protect diplomats, as well as their close family ..

It is down to the person's state to convince the person to stand up to their crimes ... so it's dependent on the Trump administration ... and we all know how that tends to end

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Last I heard was the US government was going to speak to her, She will probably tell them her side of the story and they will pass the information to our government, I doubt she will do it over here

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Vendetta

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

She already has a conviction for dangerous driving

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I would imagine the same question if the shoe was on the other foot and it was a British diplomats wife. Diplomatic immunity is often abused (my mums car was hit by a car with diplomatic plates many years ago, she just had to take it on the chin). I would imagine most people in all honesty were in that woman's position would use their diplomatic immunity to avoid facing punishment for a serious offence. Doesn't make it right but it's no surprise.

By *lex46 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Does that mean the family will get paid to off?

I understand the need for diplomatic immunity but I don't see why it should cover this kind of incident. An innocent lad in the wrong place at the wrong time, so sad.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I do feel for the parents.

The person responsible for the accident fled the scene, fled the country and is now being shielded by their government.

I doubt very much our leaders will stand up to Trump, which must add to their pain.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"An innocent lad in the wrong place at the wrong time, so sad. "

He was in the right place. It was the American driver who was in the wrong place, on the wrong side of the road.

» Add a new message to this topic