FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Female athletes take a stand

Female athletes take a stand

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Female athletes take a stand after transgender athletes dominate track event: ‘We’re facing the end of women’s sports'... Selina Soule

Selina said competing against transgender athletes is “heartbreaking” for biological girls who know at the beginning of the race that no matter how hard they try, the biological male athletes will win.

“I’ve lost opportunities to compete at world-class tracks,” Selina said. “I’ve lost opportunities to compete in front of college coaches and gain attention, and I’ve lost opportunities to win titles

Hmmmm interesting

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Female athletes take a stand after transgender athletes dominate track event: ‘We’re facing the end of women’s sports'... Selina Soule

Selina said competing against transgender athletes is “heartbreaking” for biological girls who know at the beginning of the race that no matter how hard they try, the biological male athletes will win.

“I’ve lost opportunities to compete at world-class tracks,” Selina said. “I’ve lost opportunities to compete in front of college coaches and gain attention, and I’ve lost opportunities to win titles

Hmmmm interesting

"

Hmmmmm very

"Female athletes take a stand after transgender athletes dominate track event: ‘We’re facing the end of women’s sports'... Selina Soule

Hmmmm interesting

Hmmmmm very "

Say that again, I double dare you!!

Hmmmm interesting

Hmmmmm very

Say that again, I double dare you!! "

" "

Why the sad face?

Given the list of trans athletes to have won championships at national, world or Olympic level is pretty much non existant. And that's at all sports on a global level I don't think it's a huge issue.

I think there's one case, a Canadian cyclist at masters level at an age category that to be blunt is dominated by those who were never good enough to compete at elite level anyway.

But yeah people seem to have a real problem with the idea that trans athletes dont actually come close to dominating female sport

"Given the list of trans athletes to have won championships at national, world or Olympic level is pretty much non existant. And that's at all sports on a global level I don't think it's a huge issue.

I think there's one case, a Canadian cyclist at masters level at an age category that to be blunt is dominated by those who were never good enough to compete at elite level anyway.

But yeah people seem to have a real problem with the idea that trans athletes dont actually come close to dominating female sport"

Why can't there be 3 categories, male, female and transgender and then everything will be fair

Men are better women then women are! How will women EVER recover?

"Given the list of trans athletes to have won championships at national, world or Olympic level is pretty much non existant. And that's at all sports on a global level I don't think it's a huge issue.

But yeah people seem to have a real problem with the idea that trans athletes dont actually come close to dominating female sport"

I think its a bit more complex than saying its not an issue at elite levels...

And it is certainly something that needs to be looked at in a very unemotional and long term way.

As the stigma around the trans community hopefully continues to decrease more people with start identifying and at an earlier age.

These people will be at a biological advantage in alot of situations.

But yeah people seem to have a real problem with the idea that trans athletes dont actually come close to dominating female sport

Why can't there be 3 categories, male, female and transgender and then everything will be fair"

Well you will need two transgender categories wouldnt you?

This is fine at elite levels or in individual sports but is a local football team going too have enough of each category to provide oppertunities for all?

Why can't there be 3 categories, male, female and transgender and then everything will be fair

This is fine at elite levels or in individual sports but is a local football team going too have enough of each category to provide oppertunities for all?"

It's a tangled Web of mystery and intrigue

I'm looking forward to the non binary games in 2021

I keep attending the tryouts for the ladies volleyball team but they keep threatening to call the police!

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

I can see the female athlete's point of view.

Geneticly, trans women are always going to have more musculature, so will always have an advantage over biological women.

As Dash has suggested, maybe the time has come to look at widening the male/ female entry categories? The only problem are the primative attitudes of many countries, towards the whole lgbtq population...

"I keep attending the tryouts for the ladies volleyball team but they keep threatening to call the police! "

I would pay to see that

Fabville

"I keep attending the tryouts for the ladies volleyball team but they keep threatening to call the police! "

I used to trampoline...

"I keep attending the tryouts for the ladies volleyball team but they keep threatening to call the police!

I used to trampoline... "

Now I have images of you bouncing in my head..

This is fine at elite levels or in individual sports but is a local football team going too have enough of each category to provide oppertunities for all?

It's a tangled Web of mystery and intrigue "

Indeed... what Boris up to in November?

Fabville

"I keep attending the tryouts for the ladies volleyball team but they keep threatening to call the police!

I used to trampoline...

Now I have images of you bouncing in my head.."

It's a tangled Web of mystery and intrigue

Indeed... what Boris up to in November?"

He would have move to Argentina by November, incognito of course

By *izzymonkeyMan  over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

If they have grown up as a male....gone through the male hormonal changes, they should not compete against women, as not matter what, they will always have a physical advantage in certain aspect, that height or hormone or muscle difference doesn't just disappear, there needs something to be looked at if this is the case as it could lead to a real issue for women athletes who have already been female!!

....Good Article on a Trans cricketer and how the women have been complaining due to the differences and the advantages they feel the athlete has!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2019/aug/14/ecb-transgender-cricket-review

By *ylvie 888Woman  over a year ago

Cleethorpes

Hmmmm interesting

"

There has been talk of transgender athletes who were born male.. should enter the race as a male. I know that is the case in some triathlons.. purely because even tho the now lady has been on some medication, she still is biologically male and therefore has that stronger genetic make up that gives them the competitive edge in an endurance sport.

Why can't there be 3 categories, male, female and transgender and then everything will be fair"

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Transgender athletes issues, to me personally, is very clear. They shouldn't be competing with females athletes.

The difficult issue is athletes like Caster Semenya. After her success there are more and more athletes like her (eg: Aminatou Seyni and Francine Niyonsaba) surfaced (Africans mainly, and an Indian). I began to question how genuine is this and if there is a possibility of abusing this issue to attain better life in their poor country.

"

» Add a new message to this topic