FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fetish or preference?

Fetish or preference?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Over time there has been a lot of discussion about sexual preferences on the forums, but it’s not unusual for people to complain about being fetishised. So at what point does a sexual preference become a fetish? What’s the difference between the two, or are they actually the same thing? If I like sex with stocky black men is that fetish or a preference?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fetish - a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.

I think a fetish can start as a preference that then grows

I think the difference is that when it's a preference, that thing on its own isn't enough to turn you on whereas it might be with a fetish.

E.g. I like men with beards, it's a definite preference. But I won't fuck every single man with a beard who offers because I don't find them all attractive.

What you like is in the mind labels are on the page. Far too many people feel a necessity to put the second to the first.

you like what you like that should be enough.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I think the difference is that when it's a preference, that thing on its own isn't enough to turn you on whereas it might be with a fetish.

E.g. I like men with beards, it's a definite preference. But I won't fuck every single man with a beard who offers because I don't find them all attractive."

This makes sense to me as a working definition..

"I think the difference is that when it's a preference, that thing on its own isn't enough to turn you on whereas it might be with a fetish.

E.g. I like men with beards, it's a definite preference. But I won't fuck every single man with a beard who offers because I don't find them all attractive."

I'm not sure, I have a foot fetish however I'm not automatically attracted or aroused by every lady with feet (that would be chaos in my head haha)

I get where you are coming from though in regards to preference and fetish, what distinguishes it for me is a preference is a choice, whereas a fetish it just there.

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

Technically a fetish is something (normally an inanimate) object that you require to be aroused. The meaning has now been expanded to being something a person likes a lot sexually for no obvious reason.

As someone said above if you are interested in the person and not just the characteristics it is preference. If you interested solely in the characteristic then it is a fetish. The halfway house is that you have prejudice towards a certain kind person.

However at the end of the day when it comes to love, sex or kink (provided it is consensual and not abusive) be comfortable with what you are doing because it is noone else's business.

Fetish is negative, preference is positive.

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

"Fetish is negative, preference is positive. "

With respect, I would disagree.

» Add a new message to this topic