FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Any farmers on here from Bristol, Newport, Monmouthshire area?

Any farmers on here from Bristol, Newport, Monmouthshire area?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It’s a strange request I know but are there any farm owners here who would be willing to let me (Mr) come to theirs and spend a few hours helping out.

I really fancy a day driving a tractor/digger, shovel loader. Have been wanting to do this for ages but don’t have the balls to ask local farmers directly lol. The thought of spending a day ploughing, mowing or harvesting sounds fun.

It’s a long shot, but worth a try

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You have got some farmers hopes up reading the title thinking you were after a farmyard shag.

By *urning the kinkMan  over a year ago

bristol

I sound like one my luvvers

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’d love to drive a tractor! It’s a mega idea.

Oi alzo loike zider, me luvver.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

You can come to my farm but I’m locking the animals away cause I don’t trust you

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

They're incredibly expensive machines and not as easy to drive as you'd imagine if you have no experience. So I know many farmers would be reluctant to allow you. Have you thought about hiring a mini digger for the day if it's an itch you need to scratch?

Yeah tractors are cool machines, but will 4 forward gears and one reverse with three different ranges they’re a little confusing to drive

Yea it does sound wrong in a weird kinda way haha. Oh yea, this is strictly a non sexual thing lol.

I do have experience as a youngster. I spent a lot of time as a youngster working on farms.

I wouldn’t expect to be left unattended don’t worry

I’ve used diggers and similar machines before and I don’t think a one off will end the crave

"I’ve used diggers and similar machines before and I don’t think a one off will end the crave "

Maybe ask one of the local farmers if they need a work hand on the weekends?

Brighton - even Hove!

I want to drive a digger too

Brighton - even Hove!

And a crane

Yea I think this is going to be the best option. Surely they wouldn’t say no to free labour.

By *rscotsdudeMan  over a year ago

angus

I am a farmer but miles away from you. Often short staffed and somebody to help out at times would be great!

Although i have to say why you want to drive a tractor/digger when you have such a stunning partner! Quite happily do a swap haha

"It’s a strange request I know but are there any farm owners here who would be willing to let me (Mr) come to theirs and spend a few hours helping out.

I really fancy a day driving a tractor/digger, shovel loader. Have been wanting to do this for ages but don’t have the balls to ask local farmers directly lol. The thought of spending a day ploughing, mowing or harvesting sounds fun.

It’s a long shot, but worth a try

"

There's an art to ploughing and mowing that takes a lot of practising to perfect. Not much harvesting going on at the moment and don't think maize harvest has started yet. At least it hasn't here. No one is going to let you loose with a tractor that goes 40k just yet.

Your best bet would be to ask on local farming Facebook pages. Cows are starting to come in for the winter now the ground is too wet for them to be out 24/7. So someone somewhere will need cows scraped out twice or even 3 times a day. Nearly everyone learns on a scraper tractor. A little Massy 135 or a Ford 4000 would start you off.

By *rscotsdudeMan  over a year ago

angus

As long as you have an interest and a little know how and keen to learn you will find someone who will give you some work.

There are plenty jobs that are fairly easy on a tractor or digger to start you off. As mentioned before its probably the wrong time if year now as everything is winding down for winter post harvest.

I think the best advice is perhaps try an advert on something like g u m t r e e just explaining what you have here and mention any experience you have had. The fact you have grown up on farm and have experience is a big plus as you have alot of basic understanding and not having to be taught from scratch

Thanks everyone

Bump, no harm in trying.

» Add a new message to this topic