FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > FAB fails on Fakes

FAB fails on Fakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *stopp OP   Man  over a year ago

Durham

If someone sets up a fake profile using your photos stolen from another site, the fake doesn't have a verification photo in 6 months, never met anyone, no subscription. You then report to them twice a month apart, what does FAB do ? block you from seeing the fake profile and yet still allows the fake profile and photos to stay. Thus the fake continues to steal photos and FAB keeps its member numbers up ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your blocked because there accounts suspended ya sausage

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Continue to report the other profile (which you can still do from the drop down menu in the top right of the page where it tells you you are blocked) and provide links to your profile at the other site where the pics can be seen.

I think the block thing is automated as it's happened to me in the past when I've reported profiles using "borrowed" pics.

"Your blocked because there accounts suspended ya sausage "

Not always it created a block when reported automatically so you are the sausage.

"If someone sets up a fake profile using your photos stolen from another site, the fake doesn't have a verification photo in 6 months, never met anyone, no subscription. You then report to them twice a month apart, what does FAB do ? block you from seeing the fake profile and yet still allows the fake profile and photos to stay. Thus the fake continues to steal photos and FAB keeps its member numbers up .. "

Admin say they look but often nothing is done I have a couple of friends who have reported someone and the fake photos are still up its hard to say why.

"Your blocked because there accounts suspended ya sausage

Not always it created a block when reported automatically so you are the sausage. "

no it doesnt iv reported loads of people and not been blocked sausage

Not always it created a block when reported automatically so you are the sausage. no it doesnt iv reported loads of people and not been blocked sausage "

Well that's B/S as the site DOES! It does it shortly after reporting most people here with intelligence has worked that out.

Not always it created a block when reported automatically so you are the sausage. no it doesnt iv reported loads of people and not been blocked sausage

Well that's B/S as the site DOES! It does it shortly after reporting most people here with intelligence has worked that out. "

Enough sausage talk. I'm hungry

Not always it created a block when reported automatically so you are the sausage. no it doesnt iv reported loads of people and not been blocked sausage

Well that's B/S as the site DOES! It does it shortly after reporting most people here with intelligence has worked that out.

Enough sausage talk. I'm hungry "

You will find plenty of sausage here.

Because the photos are on another site there's not much proof they belong to you and not them though.

ive never come across a fake surely if they're fake its not possible to meet them

Well that's B/S as the site DOES! It does it shortly after reporting most people here with intelligence has worked that out. "

so when i reported that mr blonde for calling me a lier why could he pm me 2 days later crying about it if im blocked?

Well that's B/S as the site DOES! It does it shortly after reporting most people here with intelligence has worked that out. so when i reported that mr blonde for calling me a lier why could he pm me 2 days later crying about it if im blocked? "

Just reported a profile that hasn't been on line for 8 hours put in the report code and submitted. 3 mins later its blocked its common knowledge for most on here. As I said it automatically blocks as in from the person you reported.

"If someone sets up a fake profile using your photos stolen from another site, the fake doesn't have a verification photo in 6 months, never met anyone, no subscription. You then report to them twice a month apart, what does FAB do ? block you from seeing the fake profile and yet still allows the fake profile and photos to stay. Thus the fake continues to steal photos and FAB keeps its member numbers up ..

Admin say they look but often nothing is done I have a couple of friends who have reported someone and the fake photos are still up its hard to say why. "

The problem is proof - Admin will always investigate but as Rubi says if it's on another site proving who they actually belong to is difficult - not saying it is the case but hypothetically the OP could actually be the one that has "borrowed" the pics, how does he prove beyond doubt that he hasn't?

Durham

"Because the photos are on another site there's not much proof they belong to you and not them though.

"

.. I give them the link to the other site on the first instance of reporting.

so when i reported that mr blonde for calling me a lier why could he pm me 2 days later crying about it if im blocked? "

It depends what category you reported against - the one for "fake" has the auto-block feature

"Because the photos are on another site there's not much proof they belong to you and not them though.

.. I give them the link to the other site on the first instance of reporting."

It happens its a pain and there is little you can do about it. I guess its not admins priority but that doesn't help you.

so when i reported that mr blonde for calling me a lier why could he pm me 2 days later crying about it if im blocked?

It depends what category you reported against - the one for "fake" has the auto-block feature "

ah fair enough then

Durham

"If someone sets up a fake profile using your photos stolen from another site, the fake doesn't have a verification photo in 6 months, never met anyone, no subscription. You then report to them twice a month apart, what does FAB do ? block you from seeing the fake profile and yet still allows the fake profile and photos to stay. Thus the fake continues to steal photos and FAB keeps its member numbers up ..

Admin say they look but often nothing is done I have a couple of friends who have reported someone and the fake photos are still up its hard to say why.

The problem is proof - Admin will always investigate but as Rubi says if it's on another site proving who they actually belong to is difficult - not saying it is the case but hypothetically the OP could actually be the one that has "borrowed" the pics, how does he prove beyond doubt that he hasn't? "

When a photo is taken on any device be it a phone or camera it has a EXiF profile signature giving the camera used, focal length, lens used etc. plus the copyright is owned by the photographer, but FAB aren't interested in all that so the investigation is nil i'd say..

I get the impression that Fab admin are getting stricter. I’ve been forced to photoverify my single profile before now.

Why concentrate on the fakes when you have real people .

It's a problem most of us have had to deal with at one point or another.

Move on from the bad experience.

Enough sausage talk. I'm hungry

You will find plenty of sausage here. "

not that sort, you donut. Mmmmmmmmm, donut.

» Add a new message to this topic