FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why does my mum never listen

Why does my mum never listen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just rang my mum cos she’s comes over every other Friday to take my son to hers for the weekend.

Bear in mind that my son is 15 and in his final year of school.

Asked her where she was and she said she’s waiting at the school gates for him.

I told her there was no need to do that because both me and my other son are home and it’s not fair on him to have his nanna waiting at the school gates for him. It causes him a lot of embarrassment.

It’s bad enough she thinks he can’t actually get the bus to hers on his own but to literally be waiting at the school gates when they’ve gotta come to the house anyway is just not right.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just rang my mum cos she’s comes over every other Friday to take my son to hers for the weekend.

I told her there was no need to do that because both me and my other son are home and it’s not fair on him to have his nanna waiting at the school gates for him. It causes him a lot of embarrassment.

It’s bad enough she thinks he can’t actually get the bus to hers on his own but to literally be waiting at the school gates when they’ve gotta come to the house anyway is just not right."

Oh dear. I think your son needs to speak to his nan..

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Have you told her this before? Maybe she didn't know he'd be embarrassed.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Maybe they like the time on the bus together

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Has HE said he's embarrassed ?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

He’s said he feels very awkward, yes.

He wants to travel by himself but she treats him like a baby.

He doesn’t like going there all the time anymore but he goes because he feels sorry for her as she doesn’t have anyone else to keep her company.

He loves her lots but fed up of being treated like he’s still 5. She makes him go to bed st like 7-8 o’clock

Why so gloomy

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"He’s said he feels very awkward, yes.

He wants to travel by himself but she treats him like a baby.

He doesn’t like going there all the time anymore but he goes because he feels sorry for her as she doesn’t have anyone else to keep her company.

He loves her lots but fed up of being treated like he’s still 5. She makes him go to bed st like 7-8 o’clock "

7-8pm blink! Time to tell her properly how he feels,still make some Nanna and grandson time as that's important,but he needs to let her know how's he's feeling and make sure she's actually listening!

Mindyou I would have thought being in his bedroom there at that time wouldn't be such a bad thing,it gives him alone time with his phone.

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

My mum still treats me like I’m 8 and I’m 40 years older.

Some people just don’t see it from others perspective no matter how much you tell them

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

"My mum still treats me like I’m 8 and I’m 40 years older.

Some people just don’t see it from others perspective no matter how much you tell them"

Oh yeah, my mum is the same.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Just rang my mum cos she’s comes over every other Friday to take my son to hers for the weekend.

It’s bad enough she thinks he can’t actually get the bus to hers on his own but to literally be waiting at the school gates when they’ve gotta come to the house anyway is just not right."

I think at 15 he should be out with mates at weekend, however all children should visit grandparents

regularly

Oh my days my daughter would die if I did this and she’s 14

She is just being nan appreciate what she does. She means no harm she enjoys meeting him from school and having quality time with your son. I wish my grandparents were still alive just to have a chat x

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 27/09/19 15:28:52]

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Blimey, I bet a 15 year old lad loves that. But your mum probably watches too many news reports and is worried.

Can't blame her for that.

"My mum still treats me like I’m 8 and I’m 40 years older.

Some people just don’t see it from others perspective no matter how much you tell them"

My mum still goes to hold my hand when crossing the road. I just think it is sweet. Your always their children no matter how old you are x

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

How old is your mum?

I’m 58, my oldest is 15, the youngest is nine and I’m constantly apologising to him for treating him like a four year old.

The 15 year old goes to bed at eight, she needs the sleep and is up at six every morning.

Being a grandmother is like discovering a new emotion, grandchildren are a completely different kettle of fish emotionally, we see them differently to our children.

I get that he’s embarrassed, they are supposed to be at that age, it’s what the grown ups are supposed to be.

Can he go straight over to hers after school for his dinner then out/home later?

I'm a dad of a 15 year old lad as well. He's at that age now where he just wants to spend the weekends with mates, but I always encourage him to take a couple of hours out to go visit his grandparents. It sounds like your mum is forgetting he's now becoming a young man and isn't a little kid anymore. You should talk to her about this, but try not to hurt her feelings. She probably looks forward to having him every week. It's tricky with teenagers ar this age.

Seems time to have a word with her and let her know how he feels, especially about being met out of school !

Also maybe suggest that he visits her for a few hours at the weekend rather than overnight.

Good luck x

» Add a new message to this topic