So who is getting excited already?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pinCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Yes

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

Lineup looks good so far. Been a while since I've seen SOAD and I'd quite like to see Of Mice & Men (devil horns emoji)

edinburgh

"Lineup looks good so far. Been a while since I've seen SOAD and I'd quite like to see Of Mice & Men (devil horns emoji)"

Not sure if it is as good as last years yet but not seen Korn and kiss in aaages. So looking forward to it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Looking good so far. I’ve never seen Kiss or SOAD. Iron Maiden I can take or leave.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Only time I've seen SoaD was supporting Sabbath. I had never heard of them but remember it being a blistering show! And last time I saw Maiden Paul DiAnno was singing!

Once again the boy child is going and I'm not

P

"Only time I've seen SoaD was supporting Sabbath. I had never heard of them but remember it being a blistering show! And last time I saw Maiden Paul DiAnno was singing! "

Blimey that's a while back, you don't look old enough Only been to Download once but been to MOR a few times.

"

Blimey that's a while back, you don't look old enough Only been to Download once but been to MOR a few times. "

Haha bless you. . . .I guess I should have signed it MR Ravensong! Clearly Mrs R is far too young

By *adyHWoman  over a year ago

South Glos

I saw SOAD for the first time at Download 2017, they were absolutely incredible! Good warm up from Prophets of Rage!

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Just booked for me and the emo. The Offspring are announced so that's me happy. She's in for Black Veil Brides.

"

Blimey that's a while back, you don't look old enough Only been to Download once but been to MOR a few times.

Haha bless you. . . .I guess I should have signed it MR Ravensong! Clearly Mrs R is far too young "

Absolutely...me too

"Just booked for me and the emo. The Offspring are announced so that's me happy. She's in for Black Veil Brides. "

See you down the front for the Offspring then! (Probably in the bar for BVB though if I'm honest!)

Hefty Hideaway

"Just booked for me and the emo. The Offspring are announced so that's me happy. She's in for Black Veil Brides.

See you down the front for the Offspring then! (Probably in the bar for BVB though if I'm honest!) "

I'll be having a good old pogo. Things we do for our kids. I am not familiar with BVB but we recently saw their lead guy on his solo tour and I admit it was alright to be fair.

"Just booked for me and the emo. The Offspring are announced so that's me happy. She's in for Black Veil Brides.

See you down the front for the Offspring then! (Probably in the bar for BVB though if I'm honest!)

I'll be having a good old pogo. Things we do for our kids. I am not familiar with BVB but we recently saw their lead guy on his solo tour and I admit it was alright to be fair. "

I tend to find I just enjoy pretty much anything in that atmosphere! I even listened to Die Antwoord last year

edinburgh

"Just booked for me and the emo. The Offspring are announced so that's me happy. She's in for Black Veil Brides. "

Seen all the acts announced so far except BVB. Never been as keen on them.

edinburgh

"I saw SOAD for the first time at Download 2017, they were absolutely incredible! Good warm up from Prophets of Rage!"

Prophets of rage were far better, no one really knew them at that point and got people jumping more than SOAD.

South Glos

They certainly did get the crowd jumping you’re right. I hadn’t heard of them before that point either!

Aww yiss! Really hope I can go next year, had to miss it this year

Are die antwoord back?

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

K sent me the lineup yesterday and as amazing as it looks, the prices mean we're not going.

"I saw SOAD for the first time at Download 2017, they were absolutely incredible! Good warm up from Prophets of Rage!"

One of my fave bands, but never seen them live. So, lil bit jelly

South Glos

One of my faves too and was my first time seeing them live. Absolutely loved it!

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Wooop found out about two more bands signing on for download, decent as well

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

I'll be having a good old pogo. Things we do for our kids. I am not familiar with BVB but we recently saw their lead guy on his solo tour and I admit it was alright to be fair.

I tend to find I just enjoy pretty much anything in that atmosphere! I even listened to Die Antwoord last year "

Die Antwoord had the crowd bouncing, I enjoyed them,

"One of my faves too and was my first time seeing them live. Absolutely loved it! "

Yeeh, line up is looking sick so far. Korn and apparently Deftones too?

Line up seems to look the same every year. It’s getting a bit ‘meh’ now.

By *ickyGentMan  over a year ago

Rickmansworth

Have some friends who have convinced me to go so 2020 will be my first download, I am quite excited to go so for me lineup looks good but I can understand how some regular goers are put off by no new headliners etc.

i'll be there, i'm there every year.

By *uryWhipMan  over a year ago

Harringay

The lineup so far looks good but theres still about 50 or so shite bands I'd never bother with to be announced. Waiting to see who else plays to decide if its a weekend ticket or a day ticket for Iron Maiden.

Rickmansworth

As this will be my first, and I am going from the Wednesday, anyone have any tips/advice.

By *r.NaughtybutNiceMan  over a year ago

oxford

I’m keen for this lineup looks insane!! Anybody got any tips for download as it will be the first time for me!!

Harringay

"As this will be my first, and I am going from the Wednesday, anyone have any tips/advice."

Going on Wednesday seems pointless. I know people who have done it and said they wouldnt do it again. Be prepared for the area to be a good mile maybe 2 mile hike from the campsite, entrance. So dont leave anything in your tent you'll need later.

Unless your hanging around for late night entertainment try and leave before the headline acts finish coz walking back takes much longer when theres a few 1000 people in the way.

Other than that enjoy yourself and let your freak flag fly with the rest of us.

By *eastAndTheHarlotCouple  over a year ago

Hartlepool

Definitely worth going on the Wednesday. Enjoy the arena, get a good camping spot.

oxford

"Definitely worth going on the Wednesday. Enjoy the arena, get a good camping spot."

Can I pitch up with you guys!?? ????

Harringay

50% of the lineup is actually watchable for once. Im thinking of going but Im definitely doing Bloodstock which is more up my street. Shame they never get Iron Maiden to headline that one.

Hartlepool

[Removed by poster at 20/11/19 14:19:16]

Hartlepool

"Definitely worth going on the Wednesday. Enjoy the arena, get a good camping spot.

Can I pitch up with you guys!?? ????"

Well.. it's a free field. Pitch wherever you find space.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I see Airbourne are on the line up, probably the best rock band of the last 12 years which they proved yet again in Manchester on Saturday night! Tempted...

Harringay

"I see Airbourne are on the line up, probably the best rock band of the last 12 years which they proved yet again in Manchester on Saturday night! Tempted..."

I saw Airborne there in 08 or 09, whatever year they had the Tuborg stage on the tarmac. One of them climbed the structure of the stage

with his guitar just to hang an Aussie flag from the cross beam. Was the most rock or metal thing I saw all weekend; and I saw Judas Preist and Motorhead that weekend.

Out of all three days I'm most looking forward to the Sunday as I really like the top 8 bands on the card, Baroness in particular. Maiden and Gojira on the Saturday, and the Offspring and Electric Wizard on the Friday too.

I've never got the Deftones. Every time I've seen them, I've been convinced that the drummer is playing a completely different song to the rest of the band.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

"I see Airbourne are on the line up, probably the best rock band of the last 12 years which they proved yet again in Manchester on Saturday night! Tempted...

I saw Airborne there in 08 or 09, whatever year they had the Tuborg stage on the tarmac. One of them climbed the structure of the stage

with his guitar just to hang an Aussie flag from the cross beam. Was the most rock or metal thing I saw all weekend; and I saw Judas Preist and Motorhead that weekend. "

Joel does like climbing whatever stage structure they have set up regardless of venue! He came out into the crowd on sat night on a roadies shoulders smashing beer cans off his head until they sprayed everywhere and playing solos, I've seen them on pretty much every UK tour they've done so we usually fist bump when he comes off stage, legend!

Harringay

"I see Airbourne are on the line up, probably the best rock band of the last 12 years which they proved yet again in Manchester on Saturday night! Tempted...

with his guitar just to hang an Aussie flag from the cross beam. Was the most rock or metal thing I saw all weekend; and I saw Judas Preist and Motorhead that weekend.

Joel does like climbing whatever stage structure they have set up regardless of venue! He came out into the crowd on sat night on a roadies shoulders smashing beer cans off his head until they sprayed everywhere and playing solos, I've seen them on pretty much every UK tour they've done so we usually fist bump when he comes off stage, legend!"

Aweosme. I get a free Cannbis Corpse or Municipal Waste tshirt whenever they come over coz they've all stayed at my house at some point.

Rickmansworth

Definitely looking forward to Sunday the most so far, though there are a few bands from the other days which sound interesting.

Hartlepool

Sunday definitely looks the strongest day. But the lineup looks stronger overall than last year's did in November, to us anyway.

Last year had some or our favourites, this year is solid across the board.

"So who is getting excited already? "

I wish, might have to pop it on my 2021 callandar though, havent been since 2005

oxford

"Definitely worth going on the Wednesday. Enjoy the arena, get a good camping spot.

Well.. it's a free field. Pitch wherever you find space. "

You’re very right there .. just not sure if I’m going to be able to get there till Thursday ... hopefully won’t be too far away .. do you have a favourite area to camp at ? As there are so many stages .. x

Hartlepool

You’re very right there .. just not sure if I’m going to be able to get there till Thursday ... hopefully won’t be too far away .. do you have a favourite area to camp at ? As there are so many stages .. x"

We camp where we find a space.

Harringay

"Sunday definitely looks the strongest day. But the lineup looks stronger overall than last year's did in November, to us anyway.

Last year had some or our favourites, this year is solid across the board."

I've been saying this is a stronger lineup that past few.

Going to be interesting to see who else they add and which way it tips the balance.

Hartlepool

"Sunday definitely looks the strongest day. But the lineup looks stronger overall than last year's did in November, to us anyway.

Last year had some or our favourites, this year is solid across the board.

I've been saying this is a stronger lineup that past few.

Going to be interesting to see who else they add and which way it tips the balance. "

There's clearly still some spaces for a couple of bigger bands too.

It's gonna be a good year.

You’re very right there .. just not sure if I’m going to be able to get there till Thursday ... hopefully won’t be too far away .. do you have a favourite area to camp at ? As there are so many stages .. x"

The camper van field!

Yes seeing as i live in the neighbouring village & it turns to chaos i go away for the duration over it so it means a nice little city break away

"Yes seeing as i live in the neighbouring village & it turns to chaos i go away for the duration over it so it means a nice little city break away"

I heard a lot of locals rent out rooms and even houses?

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Can’t wait until this year!... although hopefully the Village will have some of the metal matting down this time, can’t be arsed wading through a swamp again

"Yes seeing as i live in the neighbouring village & it turns to chaos i go away for the duration over it so it means a nice little city break away

I heard a lot of locals rent out rooms and even houses?"

Yes i did one year but returned to my house in a rite state

Best line up (in my opinion) in a couple of years and im going to miss it....or go and ocupy camp loner haha!

"Best line up (in my opinion) in a couple of years and im going to miss it....or go and ocupy camp loner haha!"

Really dont get why people find camp loner funny.

"Best line up (in my opinion) in a couple of years and im going to miss it....or go and ocupy camp loner haha!

Really dont get why people find camp loner funny. "

I went to camp loner a few years ago when the usual gang coukdnt go and had a great time in there.

By *aughtynigel02121980Man  over a year ago

Brandon

2020 will be my 2nd year going. My first was 2019. I'm going with a couple of mates. Will be the first download for one of them. A question for all of the download regulars. Is the village in the same location every year. Or do they chop and change its location?

"Best line up (in my opinion) in a couple of years and im going to miss it....or go and ocupy camp loner haha!

Really dont get why people find camp loner funny.

I went to camp loner a few years ago when the usual gang coukdnt go and had a great time in there."

Glad you had a good time. Its why we do it.

By *risTheHornyBikerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I'm tempted, seeing gojira and alestorm in the lineup definitely piques my interest...

Me and my wife are going. £450 for 3 nights camping and 3 days of earache. Ill try and lose her her for a blowjob lol

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

One year I'll have the money to go. One year...

By *ysterious-MidnightCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Cant wait,1st Download

"Cant wait,1st Download"

You'll love it. I go every year

By *wistedTalesCouple  over a year ago

RUNCORN

"Out of all three days I'm most looking forward to the Sunday as I really like the top 8 bands on the card, Baroness in particular. Maiden and Gojira on the Saturday, and the Offspring and Electric Wizard on the Friday too.

I've never got the Deftones. Every time I've seen them, I've been convinced that the drummer is playing a completely different song to the rest of the band."

Hell yes on Baroness

Went for day 3 last year mostly to see Tool and it was well worth it. Going for all three days this year

Rickmansworth

Tbh now that the new year has started my hype for this is really starting to build again, cannot wait for this, not really gone to any gigs in a while so doing this for my first festival should be so fun!

By *ukem121Man  over a year ago

basildon

I would love to go, im trying toget some friends to go for the weekend, if not i may go solo on sunday, i would love to see SOAD. Always up for meeting people there

Next bunch of bands announced on Monday morning

Tickets sorted

If anyone still wants tickets i get em at a discounted rate through the ambassador scheme.

Wales/ All over UK

So now that most of the bands have been announced, what’s everyone’s thoughts on the line up?

Hartlepool

We can't wait. Very good and strong line up.

Looks like we're going with our best and favourite fab friends and we're all so excited.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Not a bad line up, not the strongest but will be looking forward to jumping around the stages.

Harringay

Looking good for a change. Wasnt too blown away by todays announcements. Bloodstock still looking miles better.

By *inky PinguWoman  over a year ago

My Igloo!

This will be my 15th in a row

"This will be my 15th in a row "

Nice. Its my 12th in a row.

"So now that most of the bands have been announced, what’s everyone’s thoughts on the line up?"

Frank Carter is a bonus I wasn't expecting, bit disappointed at the lack of extreme / black metal but all in all its looking good

"This will be my 15th in a row "

Bloody hell, how much do you get in loyalty vouchers?

"This will be my 15th in a row

Bloody hell, how much do you get in loyalty vouchers? "

still only the 50. which is a shame as i can drink that away so easily especially at there prices.

Rickmansworth

Had the final payment on my installment plan clear this week so definitely coming now! Hope my first DL will be lots of fun!

By *tepintomylabCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"So who is getting excited already? "

Can't wait although definitely praying for better weather than Drownload last year

Cant wait and hoping for some sun this year.

"Only time I've seen SoaD was supporting Sabbath. I had never heard of them but remember it being a blistering show! And last time I saw Maiden Paul DiAnno was singing! "

I'd love to have seen them in the D'ianno years.

Is there anybody on fab that hasn't been to an iron maiden gig?

They are most popular band on here it seems.

Hartlepool

"Only time I've seen SoaD was supporting Sabbath. I had never heard of them but remember it being a blistering show! And last time I saw Maiden Paul DiAnno was singing!

I'd love to have seen them in the D'ianno years.

Is there anybody on fab that hasn't been to an iron maiden gig?

They are most popular band on here it seems. "

Right here. I (brat) haven't seen them, beast has.

Wales/ All over UK

Less than 100 days to go.... And the village will be on hard ground this year!... no repeat of the mud!!!

For those on FL the munch event is up.

By *oldupsnheelsCouple  over a year ago

bideford

I tend to find I just enjoy pretty much anything in that atmosphere! I even listened to Die Antwoord last year "

;

It's all in the atmosphere! We have elevated platform tickets so seeing others in the mood pushed us along!

I will be going if I can get the cash together for the ticket!!

"I will be going if I can get the cash together for the ticket!! "

Should definitely come. I have slightly discounted tickets available

Well thats it. All been cancelled

Sad news that something that brings such joy has gone. I’m a bit of a veteran of old Monsters of Rock, but I have done DL a couple times.

I’m missing getting to gigs , have had so many cancelled, can’t wait until this is all over.

Hoping , but not hopeful , that Ramblin Man can survive in late July.

Be well all

Not download but tickets too see Ratm at Leeds hope not cancelled

Gutted about it being cancelled

Hefty Hideaway

"Well thats it. All been cancelled"

We're proper gutted here

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I wasn’t going this year but I’ve been many times in the past.

I’m sorry for all of you who were looking forward to it. With the special type of people that go, it’s always been much more than just another festival to me. As good as the music is, it is the other people who make it such a great annual experience

Nah! Metal is mince nowerdays! Complete wankfest!! Its all oooh lookat me im shredding....i can do a million notes in one bar....in my day it was 3 notes...if u played 4 it was progressive metal....ahhh bands like extrme noise terror...napalm death....doom...possesed....ahhh them were the dsys!

This year was going to be my first time going to Download and the line-up looked amazing! I meant to go a few years back but never did and missed the chance to see Motorhead before Lemmy died sadly. It sucks that it's been called off but hopefully it'll be as good next year as it could have been this year!

» Add a new message to this topic