FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Friends, are they really?

Friends, are they really?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yx_Inanna OP   Woman  over a year ago

Burslem

Are "friends" only friends when they want something, when it only benefits them?

I've been told it's modern way of life now

Why is it "friends" are always there when they need something or help and support but never there when you need them?

Is today's society dog eat dog, all out for themselves?

What do you define a friend as? When does friendship start and acquaintance end?

What are friends for? Can you be too attached as a friend, be too much of a friend to someone?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Friends are people who care for you even when you're being a twat. They'll tell you you're being a twat and then hug you, even if it's virtual.

Friends are people who support you, give you what you need even if what you need is space. That in itself can be support.

They'll cry with you then kick you up the arse when needed.

They'll laugh with you until you puss yourself, or with the intention of making you laugh so hard you piss yourself.

True friends are teachers, mentors, brothers, sisters. They're the family you choose and sometimes the family you already have.

You'll know when you've stumbled upon a diamond, a real friend.

Mates are mates... genuine friendships are to be cherished.

P

By *ylvie 888Woman  over a year ago

Cleethorpes

Friends may not be there when you need them as they may not be psychic. But I am sure if a friend was contacted for help... they would be there.

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

You dont get many true friends in your life. Just a select few who would drop everything to help you.

The rest are acquaintances.

By *Man1263Man  over a year ago

Stockport

Pick your "friends" carefully.

I have loads of mates, 3 "friends".

They are there for me, same as I am for them.

I go with the above ...if people don't share what's going on they might be totally unaware, though on the flipside if they know but aren't there for you then maybe they weren't friends in the first place.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"You dont get many true friends in your life. Just a select few who would drop everything to help you.

The rest are acquaintances. "

This ^

A friend is someone I would take a bullet for or help hide a body. Only 3 people I would do this for.

"Pick your "friends" carefully.

*coughs* Are they all male

"

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don’t have any close friends. I had one when I was 17 and he walked himself off a viaduct so I decided not to bother after that. I have several not too close friends instead. It takes a lot to get close to me.

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

London

Friends are ones that make you laugh

"I don’t have any close friends. I had one when I was 17 and he walked himself off a viaduct so I decided not to bother after that. I have several not too close friends instead. It takes a lot to get close to me. "

That is not how I envisage you. You seem levelled headed, non judgemental, who shines through on here as a nice man

Stockport

"Friends are ones that make you laugh"

Really?

Lots of mates make me laugh, my friends hold me when I cry (which is different from a hug), difference between the 2.

Well for my anyway.

Stockport

"Pick your "friends" carefully.

*coughs* Are they all male

"

I had a big clearout 6 month ago... deleted all my phone book and saved whoever made the effort with me. I have 14 in my phonebook now. I was sick of people who only wanted me when they needed something.

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I think there’s a difference between acquaintances and friends. But these days unfortunately you have to assess how people act and how they treat others

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I don’t have any close friends. I had one when I was 17 and he walked himself off a viaduct so I decided not to bother after that. I have several not too close friends instead. It takes a lot to get close to me.

That is not how I envisage you. You seem levelled headed, non judgemental, who shines through on here as a nice man "

Thank you. Swinging is different. The persona is the same although on here I type without a lazy drawl.

"I don’t have any close friends. I had one when I was 17 and he walked himself off a viaduct so I decided not to bother after that. I have several not too close friends instead. It takes a lot to get close to me.

That is not how I envisage you. You seem levelled headed, non judgemental, who shines through on here as a nice man

Thank you. Swinging is different. The persona is the same although on here I type without a lazy drawl. "

But a nice man is a nice man, swinging or vanilla world. Just suprised you feel you have no close friends

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Are "friends" only friends when they want something, when it only benefits them?

I've been told it's modern way of life now

Why is it "friends" are always there when they need something or help and support but never there when you need them?

Is today's society dog eat dog, all out for themselves?

What do you define a friend as? When does friendship start and acquaintance end?

What are friends for? Can you be too attached as a friend, be too much of a friend to someone?"

if your absence doesn’t bother them then your presence never mattered to them in the first place...says it all to me.

By *yx_Inanna OP   Woman  over a year ago

Burslem

Thank you everyone, I'd love to here more thoughts too

» Add a new message to this topic