Genius = No

Likeable, Humble, Entrepreneurial, Creative, Confident, Shy ..........yes

Dispensable = yes

Clever = yes

Self Unaware = Nope.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

Considering he came from nowhere with nothing... look at him now! The man is an inspiration. Can't do anything other than admire the bloke, he can be whatever he wants to be

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Really, they're the only choices we get? ? ? ?

Supercilious: Behaving or looking as though one thinks one is superior to others.

He IS superior to others, the other judges stand or fall on his whim, which makes him superior to them. He has dominated the music producing industry for a decade which makes him superior to most people in it. a % of the public dislike him because he is successful, but it's a British trait to try and pull down the more successful among us.

Do I like him? I don't dislike him, put it that way, and our Saturday night's viewing would be worse off without SiCo.

"Supercilious smug fucker or TV genius? "

Both ... but seeing as I don't know him personally I can only comment on the public persona he has cultivated over the years.

"Considering he came from nowhere with nothing... look at him now! The man is an inspiration. Can't do anything other than admire the bloke, he can be whatever he wants to be "
he didn't come from nowhere, his parents were well off, he went to private school, other family members eere in the industry and opened a few doors for him, as well as giving him a financial leg up.

can't believe we are talking about him like this, i think i thinks money rules and all else fails, i'm not keen on him, didn't like the way he was brushing that girl off with the lad who was picked on in his story (the big lad who will beome the next susan boyle)she looked like she was a true friend to him. He is not that important with all our own problems and the world troubles really

BIG PANTS top waiste line

both but no dress sense

SSF

"

he didn't come from nowhere, his parents were well off, he went to private school, other family members eere in the industry and opened a few doors for him, as well as giving him a financial leg up. "

and why is that such a problem? If you wanted to do a certain thing and you had family members already operating in that type of arena wouldn't you expect them to help you out?

prick

"Supercilious smug fucker or TV genius? "

He believes his own hype and was more in the right time and place than anything else. He isn't a genius by any means.

I like him , lol

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I wouldn't go as far as describing him as a genius, but he is without doubt an extremely clever man. No one could possibly doubt his ability to find and promote very succesful acts....on both sides of the Atlantic.

Of course there will be those that will despise his success and envy his money....but that's all part of being British....some of our population can't bare to see people get on in life.

I would say he can display characteristic traits which could be interpreted as supercilious. But only to a degree which match his self belief and proven ability….

But is he a TV genius ?……..

I would say if anyone in media deserves the credential of being a so called “TV genius”. He would certainly be a contender for such an inappropriately titled compliment based on his measurable achievements so far……

He gives it out but he knows how to take it too. Think he has moderated over the last couple o years.

He sold X Factor to the Yanks for £100m over five years whilst at the same time seciring it for ITV for £6.9m/year.

And that's just for X Factor. He's go Il Divo in his stable as well as BGT, America's Got Talent and the 33 other countries he's franchised it out to.

And then there's SiCo Music (who he's aligned with Sony Music securing it's long-term financial future) that signs all these acts and reaps the rewards of endless No.1's in umpteen countries.

I say he's a bit switched on.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"Considering he came from nowhere with nothing... look at him now! The man is an inspiration. Can't do anything other than admire the bloke, he can be whatever he wants to be he didn't come from nowhere, his parents were well off, he went to private school, other family members eere in the industry and opened a few doors for him, as well as giving him a financial leg up. "

He also went bankrupt, went back to live with his Mum and started all over again.

If you were as fortunate and had his brain for business would you knock it back?

I dont mind him now, at first I couldnt stand him but he has grown on me. I think he is very clever in what he does.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"He sold X Factor to the Yanks for £100m over five years whilst at the same time seciring it for ITV for £6.9m/year.

And that's just for X Factor. He's go Il Divo in his stable as well as BGT, America's Got Talent and the 33 other countries he's franchised it out to.

And then there's SiCo Music (who he's aligned with Sony Music securing it's long-term financial future) that signs all these acts and reaps the rewards of endless No.1's in umpteen countries.

I say he's a bit switched on."

Including One Direction being one of the few groups to make it in America (apparently )

I dont like him, cant stand the x factor and all that rubish. He is very good looking though.

A clever man but he isn't very likeable.

"A clever man but he isn't very likeable. "
see i really like him ... and when you see him at one of the shows live he come across lovely. Some people go up say hello he makes time to meet people .. I think alot for show and Tv ..

"A clever man but he isn't very likeable. see i really like him ... and when you see him at one of the shows live he come across lovely. Some people go up say hello he makes time to meet people .. I think alot for show and Tv .. "

That's because its his show and he has say on the final production and the way he comes across on his show. In real life he is very different and very egotistical and can be rude to people he doesn't know.

Simon cowell is no genius and knows sod all about talent,talent is young kids strumming away on their guitars in their bedrooms,writing and creating new sounds.talent is not young kids doing an impression of another singer and someone elses song.gone are the days when British sounds ruled the airwaves...all we hear now is Simon cowells best karaoke singers...one thing for sure..you will never see one of his acts on centre stage at Glastonebury.

"...one thing for sure..you will never see one of his acts on centre stage at Glastonebury."

I wouldn't bet against it !!!

Glasto ain't what it used to be !!!!

"both but no dress sense "

+ 1 You'd think with all his money, he'd have a stylist.

Still would though

"Simon cowell is no genius and knows sod all about talent,talent is young kids strumming away on their guitars in their bedrooms,writing and creating new sounds.talent is not young kids doing an impression of another singer and someone elses song.gone are the days when British sounds ruled the airwaves...all we hear now is Simon cowells best karaoke singers...one thing for sure..you will never see one of his acts on centre stage at Glastonebury."

Matt Cardle writes his own material, so does Alexandra Burke

Never heard of them.

"Simon cowell is no genius and knows sod all about talent,talent is young kids strumming away on their guitars in their bedrooms,writing and creating new sounds.talent is not young kids doing an impression of another singer and someone elses song.gone are the days when British sounds ruled the airwaves...all we hear now is Simon cowells best karaoke singers...one thing for sure..you will never see one of his acts on centre stage at Glastonebury."

Not all music genres are centre stage Glastonbury material but it doesn't make them crap either. Cowell has got it spectacularly wrong in the past when spotting talent but he's also got it fantastically right too. My only criticism of the guy is that he plays to the camera these days whereas before he used to pinpoint acurately what was wrong with a contestant and he didn't use aggressive snide to make his point either. He revels in the Mr Nasty image he's cultivated but may have lost something of himself in there too somewhere.

But he's definately got the Midas touch when it comes to making money.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If someone can go bankrupt and build themselves back up then good luck to them. Hes worked hard for what hes got. He started off as a runner for Pete waterman and learnt everything from the bottom

"Never heard of them."

It's difficult not to hear of a Cowell-related act if you've got your finger on the Glasto-charged pulse, as you indicate you have.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Matt Cardle writes his own material, so does Alexandra Burke "

does she?

would gladly be convinced otherwise as most of the others from any 'talent' show havn't

Bucks

"

Still would though "

you're only thinking of the $$$'s from selling the story to the tabloids... as surely no one with any real decency would lol

"Never heard of them.

It's difficult not to hear of a Cowell-related act if you've got your finger on the Glasto-charged pulse, as you indicate you have."

Your right..i have the glasto pulse..bubble gum pop does nothing for me.

Bucks

"I don't dislike him, put it that way, and our Saturday night's viewing would be worse off without SiCo."

Ah the joy of LoveFilm ... dont have to put up with the benality of Sat night TV

"Never heard of them.

It's difficult not to hear of a Cowell-related act if you've got your finger on the Glasto-charged pulse, as you indicate you have.

Your right..i have the glasto pulse..bubble gum pop does nothing for me."

It still doesn't make Cowell a failure because you don't like the music his acts produce. Millions of people buy the songs his acts release so they must be doing something right.

My own view is that the acts associated with Cowell fare arguably better when they've got rid of Cowell and go it alone, as Will Young has proven. Leona Lewis is another one who's enjoyed global superstardom without Cowell pulling her strings.

"Never heard of them.

Your right..i have the glasto pulse..bubble gum pop does nothing for me.

It still doesn't make Cowell a failure because you don't like the music his acts produce. Millions of people buy the songs his acts release so they must be doing something right.

My own view is that the acts associated with Cowell fare arguably better when they've got rid of Cowell and go it alone, as Will Young has proven. Leona Lewis is another one who's enjoyed global superstardom without Cowell pulling her strings."

His acts are here today gone tommorow...talent..imo..is someone like Kate Bush..who wrote wuthering heights at 13yrs of age...music that lives on.

"He cant be both can he?

Yes.

Supersillious = No

Smug = Yes

Fucker = No

Genius = No

Likeable, Humble, Entrepreneurial, Creative, Confident, Shy ..........yes

Dispensable = yes

Clever = yes

Self Unaware = Nope..... "

Granny IS Simon Cowell

"His acts are here today gone tommorow...talent..imo..is someone like Kate Bush..who wrote wuthering heights at 13yrs of age...music that lives on."

What makes me laugh about Kate Bush is how she still gets a mention in the Best Female category for music awards simply because they don't have enough females to make up the numbers.

He is arrogant, egotistical, vein, opinionated, insulting and self obsessed as well as having an eye for a good opportunity and a liking for women. I quite like him come to think of it.

"He is arrogant, egotistical, vein, opinionated, insulting and self obsessed as well as having an eye for a good opportunity and a liking for women. I quite like him come to think of it. "

hmmmm he reminds me of a very wealthy version of meeeeeeeeeeeee

"He is arrogant, egotistical, vein, opinionated, insulting and self obsessed as well as having an eye for a good opportunity and a liking for women. I quite like him come to think of it. "

You're weird!

"He is arrogant, egotistical, vein, opinionated, insulting and self obsessed as well as having an eye for a good opportunity and a liking for women. I quite like him come to think of it.

You're weird! "

What's weird about it? There are a few single males that are just like that!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"He is arrogant, egotistical, vein, opinionated, insulting and self obsessed as well as having an eye for a good opportunity and a liking for women. I quite like him come to think of it.

You're weird! What's weird about it? There are a few single males that are just like that!"

Can't wait to see Walliams have him

You're weird! What's weird about it? There are a few single males that are just like that!

Can't wait to see Walliams have him "

Walliams and Cowell seem to be bouncing off each other nicely at the moment. Walliams is a refreshing addition to the judging line up, so much better than Hasselhoff.

I'd shag him for what he is ...*oooops* ....just realised I am a weeny bit "shallow"

You're weird! What's weird about it? There are a few single males that are just like that!

Walliams and Cowell seem to be bouncing off each other nicely at the moment. Walliams is a refreshing addition to the judging line up, so much better than Hasselhoff."

Walliams + Rohypnol = Cowell with a sore arse!

Walliams and Cowell seem to be bouncing off each other nicely at the moment. Walliams is a refreshing addition to the judging line up, so much better than Hasselhoff."

Hasselhoff was a pure void as a judge. He was too easily lead by his heart and the flow of the other judges. Glad he isn't part of if anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love The Hoff

"Walliams + Rohypnol = Cowell with a sore arse! "

Walliams being straight, how would Cowell get a sore arse?

"Walliams + Rohypnol = Cowell with a sore arse!

Walliams being straight, how would Cowell get a sore arse?"

Errr how many profiles saying straight have offered you a bit of nob here? (or any other guy)

Errr how many profiles saying straight have offered you a bit of nob here? (or any other guy)"

Well that's different, that's here. Walliams is known for being straight although he deliberately cultivates the question of his sexuality by playing camp personas. He has said himself that if it happened with another man he wouldn't shy from it but he loves women too much and has never felt for a man what he's felt for a woman. He classes himself as straight.

Errr how many profiles saying straight have offered you a bit of nob here? (or any other guy)

Well that's different, that's here. Walliams is known for being straight although he deliberately cultivates the question of his sexuality by playing camp personas. He has said himself that if it happened with another man he wouldn't shy from it but he loves women too much and has never felt for a man what he's felt for a woman. He classes himself as straight."

Yeh yeh what ever he says its tosh like all the bi guys go to work admitting to liking some cock...Fuck me there are thousands of footballers admitting to it aint there.

"Yeh yeh what ever he says its tosh like all the bi guys go to work admitting to liking some cock...Fuck me there are thousands of footballers admitting to it aint there. "

It doesn't matter what you think, or what the media says about him. If HE says he's straight then who's to say he isn't until he himself says so.

"Yeh yeh what ever he says its tosh like all the bi guys go to work admitting to liking some cock...Fuck me there are thousands of footballers admitting to it aint there.

It doesn't matter what you think, or what the media says about him. If HE says he's straight then who's to say he isn't until he himself says so."

So so serious aint ya bless but it doesn't matter what you say not a bit.

Nope, not at all. You say a bloke it gay because that's the character he plays most of the time and I'm informing you he isn't. Have a nice evening.

"Nope, not at all. You say a bloke it gay because that's the character he plays most of the time and I'm informing you he isn't. Have a nice evening."

The fountain of all google! Like you know for sure lmfao.

» Add a new message to this topic