FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Naming on a thread

Naming on a thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Is it so terrible?

We've often seen threads asking for people to state who they fancy or list people they like, etc. We've also seen people get frustrated, annoyed or butt hurt by not being named to the point where many people won't name names. Is it so terrible to name people though?

Why do you, dear fabbers, think that this is?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As long as it’s not derogatory or personal I don’t see a problem. I like the best Boobs, nicest arse, funniest person threads but there’s always people who get upset if they’re not mentioned or people getting upset on behalf of those who aren’t mentioned! Can’t remember ever being mentioned myself either. Folk need to toughen up. It’s just a laugh!

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

It's often those threads that do appear as love-ins and the appearance of the cl...e

When someone who isn't as "popular" gets skipped or missed or might be a bit irksome

Just water off a duck's back to me though

It's a form of LPP. Depends on the subject of the thread and why they're naming. Lack of discretion.

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"As long as it’s not derogatory or personal I don’t see a problem. I like the best Boobs, nicest arse, funniest person threads but there’s always people who get upset if they’re not mentioned or people getting upset on behalf of those who aren’t mentioned! Can’t remember ever being mentioned myself either. Folk need to toughen up. It’s just a laugh!

"

Agree with this!! Its not done out of spite xx

This is a bit like the thread, ppl who ARE mentioned won't understand the frustrations of ppl who aren't. Similarly ppl who AREN'T popular won't understand why ppl don't fancy dull, ugly, unfunny, argumentative types....

Ppl and personalities innit, and you can't please them all so just enjoy what you can rather than getting pissy about ppl getting pissy about ppl getting pissy and signaling invisible smoke virtue would be my humble advice

Controversial as ever in a closed place like fab......

"This is a bit like the thread, ppl who ARE mentioned won't understand the frustrations of ppl who aren't. Similarly ppl who AREN'T popular won't understand why ppl don't fancy dull, ugly, unfunny, argumentative types....

Ppl and personalities innit, and you can't please them all so just enjoy what you can rather than getting pissy about ppl getting pissy about ppl getting pissy and signaling invisible smoke virtue would be my humble advice

Controversial as ever in a closed place like fab...... "

SMH, you know when fab fucks up your reply with a censor in the first sentence... ....should have read "this is a bit like the w33d thread".....

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

[Removed by poster at 20/09/19 19:31:10]

Men like to play the percentages here

If they fancy forum woman A and forum woman B and only name A, B might not get her norks out for him so better not to say anything.

Whereas I couldn't really care less about naming. NSAChick could ride my face for a night and I'd be a very happy chappy

"This is a bit like the thread, ppl who ARE mentioned won't understand the frustrations of ppl who aren't. Similarly ppl who AREN'T popular won't understand why ppl don't fancy dull, ugly, unfunny, argumentative types....

Or alternatively, you could say what you think and why?

It's not about why everyone doesn't get the others views, I'm asking why *you* think it... "

Oh sorry, I'll do as I'm told... I think ppl sometimes don't name others because they don't want to, they're shy, they might not want to offend, might not want to get into an argument, all manner of reasons really. Similarly, why DO some ppl name, sometimes to piss on lampposts and suck up to ppl they want to copulate with, sometimes just to make the person smile?

Motivation is a fabulous, fascinating and expansive thing, usually it's self centred in my limited and shallow experience though

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Because I'm quite a private person with regards to who I meet, who I talk to etc.

If others want to, that's up to them. Different people operate/use the site in different ways.

I also don't like naming names generally - I end up missing people out and sometimes there's more than x amount of people but it'll look weird reeling off a list of names. I only lpp in a joking way, never with intent.

Or alternatively, you could say what you think and why?

It's not about why everyone doesn't get the others views, I'm asking why *you* think it...

Oh sorry, I'll do as I'm told... I think ppl sometimes don't name others because they don't want to, they're shy, they might not want to offend, might not want to get into an argument, all manner of reasons really. Similarly, why DO some ppl name, sometimes to piss on lampposts and suck up to ppl they want to copulate with, sometimes just to make the person smile?

Motivation is a fabulous, fascinating and expansive thing, usually it's self centred in my limited and shallow experience though "

Good point about making people smile. That's a nice reason.

Oh I jokingly name some because I find it funny and we have a friendship where I can.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

The thing that irks me, is that i get quite a few messages from forum blokes trying it on.

And yet on the threads like who is on your hotlist etc i am very rarely mentioned. So my irk is, don’t come on up in my inbox and try it on with me, if you’re embarressed (because that’s what i assume it is) to declare a liking in public.

Probably a self centred shallow look at it, but hey, we all like feeling special occassionally.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Men like to play the percentages here

If they fancy forum woman A and forum woman B and only name A, B might not get her norks out for him so better not to say anything.

Whereas I couldn't really care less about naming. NSAChick could ride my face for a night and I'd be a very happy chappy "

Jesus I'm not even that possessive over my own boyfriend .

"The thing that irks me, is that i get quite a few messages from forum blokes trying it on.

And yet on the threads like who is on your hotlist etc i am very rarely mentioned. So my irk is, don’t come on up in my inbox and try it on with me, if you’re embarressed (because that’s what i assume it is) to declare a liking in public.

Probably a self centred shallow look at it, but hey, we all like feeling special occassionally.

"

I'd come on up your inbox my lovely, js

Whereas I couldn't really care less about naming. NSAChick could ride my face for a night and I'd be a very happy chappy

Jesus I'm not even that possessive over my own boyfriend . "

I've no chance of it ever happening so I can reveal the fantasy safe in that knowledge

Then there’s those people that can’t even remember your name

"Then there’s those people that can’t even remember your name "

Lacey or Sam at a guess.....

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"The thing that irks me, is that i get quite a few messages from forum blokes trying it on.

"

Jo.Xx

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Even when it's smack bang in front of them.

Guilty!

Jo.Xx

A handy tip for those people is to write it in marker pen across your boobs so you don't forget it.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"As long as it’s not derogatory or personal I don’t see a problem. I like the best Boobs, nicest arse, funniest person threads but there’s always people who get upset if they’re not mentioned or people getting upset on behalf of those who aren’t mentioned! Can’t remember ever being mentioned myself either. Folk need to toughen up. It’s just a laugh!

"

This ^

It’s supposed to be fun

On a mooch

I would add... don’t want to get dragged into what can be forum politics / bitching because you said the wrong name !

"Then there’s those people that can’t even remember your name

A handy tip for those people is to write it in marker pen across your boobs so you don't forget it. "

I write mine on my cock for the same reason - think I need to use smaller letters though, because GOO doesn't seem to entice the ladies too much

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't really care for that type of thread, its a popularity contest and it excludes people.

However they're easy to avoid, lots of people enjoy them and its a good way of connecting with people.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"

Like we believe it anyway....

Liverpool

"Then there’s those people that can’t even remember your name

A handy tip for those people is to write it in marker pen across your boobs so you don't forget it.

I write mine on my cock for the same reason - think I need to use smaller letters though, because GOO doesn't seem to entice the ladies too much "

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"

I don't think it's about being embarrassed, sometimes I think they're playing the odds of who they have any chance of meeting. If you're 200 miles away, they might like you but they'll name the one within 50 miles.

I think people overthink it sometimes too, if I name someone it's just that that's the first person that springs to mind that day, not that I adore them over all others always. Ask me tomorrow and I might give a different name. I'm fickle like that

Hillside desolate

I've no chance of it ever happening so I can reveal the fantasy safe in that knowledge "

Lie back, I'm here

Liverpool

I've no chance of it ever happening so I can reveal the fantasy safe in that knowledge "

I was kinda confused by your response but I've now realised it wasn't clear my comment was a response to your second paragraph. I wasn't calling you possessive. Apologies!

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

To be honest I don’t like to name people, I don’t really see a need for it.

But then I don’t like holding hands in public.

I've no chance of it ever happening so I can reveal the fantasy safe in that knowledge

I was kinda confused by your response but I've now realised it wasn't clear my comment was a response to your second paragraph. I wasn't calling you possessive. Apologies!"

No apology needed

Lie back, I'm here "

Wahey

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

This is how Cliques get started

Liverpool

I was kinda confused by your response but I've now realised it wasn't clear my comment was a response to your second paragraph. I wasn't calling you possessive. Apologies!

No apology needed "

Liverpool

"This is how Cliques get started "

Nah this is how secret bum sex clubs get started.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

"This is how Cliques get started

Nah this is how secret bum sex clubs get started."

She knows!

Do you have rules?

Liverpool

Do you have rules? "

Yup. You have to meet the quota of bum sex.

On a mooch

Do you have rules?

Yup. You have to meet the quota of bum sex."

Giving, receiving or both? Can't I just do the admin?

Liverpool

Do you have rules?

Giving, receiving or both? Can't I just do the admin? "

Unusual kink but I'm not judging.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I don’t mind whether people name or not. I just go with whatever I feel like doing at the time.

It’s supposed to be fun but I do think it’s a bit off when privately someone is full on messaging saying how much they want to meet but then on a thread about people they fancy they name a list of folk and you’re not on it

It makes things clearer though doesn’t it?

Stacey and Jam.

"It's a form of LPP. Depends on the subject of the thread and why they're naming. Lack of discretion. "

Excuse my ignorance but what is LLP?

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

it's only terrible if I'm not named

"It's a form of LPP. Depends on the subject of the thread and why they're naming. Lack of discretion.

Excuse my ignorance but what is LLP?"

Lamp Post Pissing. Like a dog cocking it's leg to mark their territory.

I've named people plenty of times, usually when I do they never post on the thread.

I'm not a subscriber to whole lamposting thing. I was accused of it when I twisted an Eminem rap to cheer Aunty P up. Bunch of cunts.

I tend not to engage on these threads as there are lots of people on here I like. Too many to list, listing them also feels a bit crass and liable to lose me a few friends if I temporarily forget to include them.

I can't list half the Forum.

"It's a form of LPP. Depends on the subject of the thread and why they're naming. Lack of discretion.

Excuse my ignorance but what is LLP?

Lamp Post Pissing. Like a dog cocking it's leg to mark their territory. "

Thanks

"It's a form of LPP. Depends on the subject of the thread and why they're naming. Lack of discretion. "

I'll piss on your lamp post our Mave, I think you're ace.

P

"I'm not a subscriber to whole lamposting thing. I was accused of it when I twisted an Eminem rap to cheer Aunty P up. Bunch of cunts.

I tend not to engage on these threads as there are lots of people on here I like. Too many to list, listing them also feels a bit crass and liable to lose me a few friends if I temporarily forget to include them.

I can't list half the Forum. "

It was thoroughly appreciated and it worked, so piss away if that's what people wanna think

P

"I'm not a subscriber to whole lamposting thing. I was accused of it when I twisted an Eminem rap to cheer Aunty P up. Bunch of cunts.

I can't list half the Forum. "

Fuck

Liverpool

"I can't list half the Forum. "

We love you in all your sluttiness!

It was thoroughly appreciated and it worked, so piss away if that's what people wanna think

P"

To me lamposting is more.. this person is mine! My friend! My FWB! My lover! And I'm going to hog any bit of conversation they put out there, preventing, or putting off others from commenting.

Though I'd give it a different name.

I'm glad you liked it, as you were the only person I was thinking about when I butchered that rap. People are so quick to judge people they know next to nothing about on here.

I post a lot, as do you. Doesn't mean people have any real clue as to what we're about, how we're feeling, what our intentions are. People need to learn to wind their necks in a bit before they start throwing accusations like LPP about. Or risk making themselves look very foolish. I'd hate to get on your bad side

They do what they want to do, say what they want to say

Live how they want to live, play how they want to play

Dance how they want to dance, kick and they slap a friend

it's the forum family

P"

That lamp post thing pisses me off. Is it a fab word? Never heard of it anywhere else. Bloody childish word. Nobody can say anything without someone saying it. Thought we were adults. People need to grow up! Someone said it to me the other day so I asked someone else what it meant. The comment they were referring to was actually a joke but I couldn’t be arsed explaining as I thought it was pretty obvious!

Liverpool

"They do what they want to do, say what they want to say

it's the forum family "

Are you singing Lordy?

it's the forum family "

Bagsy Cousin It

it's the forum family

Are you singing Lordy?"

nawt else to do on a friday night

it's the forum family

Bagsy Cousin It"

bagged

Do you have rules?

Unusual kink but I'm not judging. "

Normal kinks are for, well..... ....normal folk I guess

Liverpool

Do you have rules?

Normal kinks are for, well..... ....normal folk I guess "

Don't be embarrassed. I've lined up the spreadsheets for you!

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"

Yep this absolutely as if you're a dirty secret.

Fuck"

What? What have I done?

It's indiscreet and I find it a bit school playground stuff

B38

I have don't have a problem naming names and if I'm not mentioned well I wont hold it against anyone

P

To me lamposting is more.. this person is mine! My friend! My FWB! My lover! And I'm going to hog any bit of conversation they put out there, preventing, or putting off others from commenting.

I'm glad you liked it, as you were the only person I was thinking about when I butchered that rap. People are so quick to judge people they know next to nothing about on here.

I post a lot, as do you. Doesn't mean people have any real clue as to what we're about, how we're feeling, what our intentions are. People need to learn to wind their necks in a bit before they start throwing accusations like LPP about. Or risk making themselves look very foolish. I'd hate to get on your bad side "

Exactly, I see it the way you do. People marking "their" territory with intent.

If people wanna show support to one another, brighten someones day, make someone laugh or let them know they're being thought about they shouldn't be scared to do so in case they get shot down with arrows accusing of territory marking or white knighting.

Sometimes, just sometimes even princesses could do with a pick me up from a level headed dude on a 4 legged steed, no fucking shame in it as long as the intentions aren't slimy ones. Good ones from the heart are something that the world could do with more of.

Fuck em with a cactus

P

Hillside desolate

"I have don't have a problem naming names and if I'm not mentioned well I wont hold it against anyone "

I'm sure I've named you in a best bums thread. If not, I should've

B38

"I have don't have a problem naming names and if I'm not mentioned well I wont hold it against anyone

I'm sure I've named you in a best bums thread. If not, I should've "

I'll be watching for it should you wish to mention it a again

B38

"I have don't have a problem naming names and if I'm not mentioned well I wont hold it against anyone

I'm sure I've named you in a best bums thread. If not, I should've "

I feel a nomination for the best boobs thread is in order...great pic..always liked that pic

P

I post a lot, as do you. Doesn't mean people have any real clue as to what we're about, how we're feeling, what our intentions are. People need to learn to wind their necks in a bit before they start throwing accusations like LPP about. Or risk making themselves look very foolish. I'd hate to get on your bad side

If people wanna show support to one another, brighten someones day, make someone laugh or let them know they're being thought about they shouldn't be scared to do so in case they get shot down with arrows accusing of territory marking or white knighting.

Sometimes, just sometimes even princesses could do with a pick me up from a level headed dude on a 4 legged steed, no fucking shame in it as long as the intentions aren't slimy ones. Good ones from the heart are something that the world could do with more of.

Fuck em with a cactus

P"

A cactus you say?

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say? "

Big one from the desert that just happens to be covered in fire ants

P

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say? "

No pain no gain. But that sounds painful

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say?

No pain no gain. But that sounds painful "

Can you imagine the next morning?

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say?

P"

You had me at cactus

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

If I go on such a thread I am consenting to be ignored (although might do ok on the ‘best beard and glasses combo’ thread). I don’t take it personally, as my ego doesn’t need the affirmation of strangers to avoid feeling crushed.

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say?

P

You had me at cactus "

Now I'm thinking about bad dragon dildos

P

Do you have rules?

Normal kinks are for, well..... ....normal folk I guess

Don't be embarrassed. I've lined up the spreadsheets for you! "

Spread sheets sounds interesting.....

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say?

P

You had me at cactus

P"

*Ghengis gets his google onnnnooohhh holy mother of god!*

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say?

P

You had me at cactus

P

*Ghengis gets his google onnnnooohhh holy mother of god!*"

Scary.. but artistic as fuck! I likes it.

Liverpool

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say?

P

You had me at cactus

P

*Ghengis gets his google onnnnooohhh holy mother of god!*"

Wait until you see the ones that deposit eggs

Liverpool

P

Fuck em with a cactus

P

A cactus you say?

P

You had me at cactus

P"

The fact people like those who come up with some of their designs exist actually makes me feel a little better about humanity.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think it depends on the kind of thread and also how well you know those concerned - I usually fudge naming with a "there's three people here" type answer but may or may not use the opportunity to tell someone privately if I'm feeling brave or know the person well enough.

Speaking from personal experience I'm also aware of how awkward and embarrassing it can feel to be named in some instances so always have that in mind too when naming others, especially if I don't know them that well.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I've noticed on occasions, when someone will in their Header Line, name another person in a wholly negative fashion and invariably say why or state to others to Avoid!

That's unfair. There are always 2 sides to every story, but the Shamer is almost acting as Judge, Jury & Executioner and hoping to score Brownie points after being pissed off.

It happened once to someone I knew on another site. He failed to show up for a meet, simply due to the fact he was crashed into by a hit & run driver, was injured and had to spend overnight in hospital.

Meanwhile, the Couple "slagged him off" on the site for not showing up; it took him ages to recover from that character assassination, for circumstances beyond his control.

That might be an extreme, BUT naming without thinking of any consequences on any side involved, could be fraught with danger!

By *r roleplayMan  over a year ago

carnforth

I’m grateful that I’ve now had a couple of ladies FAB a few pics need to get the averages up some so if I catch any beautiful lady eye. Thanks guys for the many fabs sorry no fab back. Couples different scenarios. Intriguing. Why name on a tread just message if ya gets a reply and then click get exploring .

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A large group of people can be perceived or experienced as oppressive to someone, whatever the intentions of them were, such as making comments at or about named others. With forum losts including almost 200 comments, some of which many be reposts via copy and reply, it's easy to see how that may affect someone, to feel they are excluded or unwelcome. It's easy to prevent this, by generally not naming anyone, unless it's a warm comment in passing.

» Add a new message to this topic