FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Loved and lost..

Loved and lost..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eliciouslady OP   Woman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Am always curious about couples that profess to be ‘soul mates’

Having never had the pleasure of one, what happens when you realise you’re no longer compatible?

How do you feel about the person you truly believed was your soul mate for life?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you discover you're no longer compatible then they never were your soul mate. 25 years with mine and loving him more than ever

By *atisfying jackMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I've never had anything close to finding this, it could be a myth or it could be my life is too much for them!

Time will tell though.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"If you discover you're no longer compatible then they never were your soul mate. 25 years with mine and loving him more than ever "

I agree with this lady

I've haven't met anyone yet who can handle me let alone be a soulmate. It would be nice to find that person who just fits into all aspects of me I suppose.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

you're assuming that every couple reaches a point where they're no longer compatible

Took me til I was 41 to find my soulmate. I honestly believe I could never love anyone as much as I love him.

By *manaWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Never found them, if they exist for me of course

"If you discover you're no longer compatible then they never were your soul mate. 25 years with mine and loving him more than ever "

Awwww you sweetheart

But yes, this. Only eight years though!

"I've haven't met anyone yet who can handle me let alone be a soulmate. It would be nice to find that person who just fits into all aspects of me I suppose.

"

hang in there, button. Just do your damnedest recognise it when it comes.

Some people are with you for part of the journey. Some for all of it.

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

I met my soul mate when I was 14.

We were best friends for 3 years, then I told him what I really thought of him. We have been together almost 23 years and our love for each other grows stronger daily.

Jo.Xx

There are hundreds out there for everyone. I have married two so far. There are several others I could have loved if I was of a mind to at the time we were together.

No such thing as a soul

"I've haven't met anyone yet who can handle me let alone be a soulmate. It would be nice to find that person who just fits into all aspects of me I suppose.

hang in there, button. Just do your damnedest recognise it when it comes."

I quite like being called button

I lost my soul mate to cancer just over four years ago,we packed alot into the 7 years we spent together and I feel blessed to have shared my life with him

"No such thing as a soul "

That is probably true, except it depends on the definition of the word.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"Took me til I was 41 to find my soulmate. I honestly believe I could never love anyone as much as I love him. "

Took me until I was 48 but so worth the wait

Mrs xx

By *ntrigued32Couple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I lost my soul mate to cancer just over four years ago,we packed alot into the 7 years we spent together and I feel blessed to have shared my life with him "

Jo.Xx

"I lost my soul mate to cancer just over four years ago,we packed alot into the 7 years we spent together and I feel blessed to have shared my life with him "

I lost my first wife after 20 years together, yes it is shit, but the time and joy we had together far out weighs to pain of losing her.

By *exymidscouple2017Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Met my soulmate only a few years ago and blissfully happily married to him. I know he feels the same

My advise to anyone is never to stop looking. Soulmates do exist.

No soul mate thus far.

"I lost my soul mate to cancer just over four years ago,we packed alot into the 7 years we spent together and I feel blessed to have shared my life with him

I lost my first wife after 20 years together, yes it is shit, but the time and joy we had together far out weighs to pain of losing her."

I totally agree it does

"I lost my soul mate to cancer just over four years ago,we packed alot into the 7 years we spent together and I feel blessed to have shared my life with him

Jo.Xx "

Thank you Jo xx

I met a woman, we had coffee. It was like we knew each other forever and feelings just clicked.

After a few more coffees (on different dates) we parted and decided it was for the best we never met again.

It was tough as it felt like I had met someone who should have been in my life, and if our lives had taken different paths, we would have complimented each other perfectly.

I can't blame hormones or lust as we didn't even kiss.

We can have multiple connections on different levels, with different feelings. I am happy for those who have their soul mate who fulfils every aspect of their lives.

But if I have a soul (questionable I'm sure) it belongs to several people.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't believe in soulmates. After a certain degree of compatibility, the rest is just a mutual commitment to making it work and respect for one another.

"Took me til I was 41 to find my soulmate. I honestly believe I could never love anyone as much as I love him.

Took me until I was 48 but so worth the wait

Mrs xx"

defineitly. Xx

By *cgkcCouple  over a year ago

Hitchin

"

This is why I prefer to think of 'meeting your match'.

When I met Mrs, I knew I'd met my match, and 20 years later this helps us work through the inevitable problems.

Real soul friends just are. The one's who split never were in the first place.

I know who mine is.....

By *arex2Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

Dunno. Still with mine. She's my mirror image and I will never stop growing with her!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't believe in soulmates. After a certain degree of compatibility, the rest is just a mutual commitment to making it work and respect for one another."

I'm inclined to agree

"I don't believe in soulmates. After a certain degree of compatibility, the rest is just a mutual commitment to making it work and respect for one another.

I'm inclined to agree"

That's soulless

"I've never had anything close to finding this, it could be a myth or it could be my life is too much for them!

Time will tell though.

"

Perhaps you need to look further afield

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't believe in soulmates. After a certain degree of compatibility, the rest is just a mutual commitment to making it work and respect for one another.

I'm inclined to agree

That's soulless "

that's quite a big statement to make. Why do you think its soulless?

Liverpool

I'm inclined to agree

That's soulless "

I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it gives more credit to the people making the partnership work rather than saying it was just destiny.

I recently met a girl who is the closest I’ve ever considered to a soul mate- we are so compatible except for about 10% of her kinks that sadly would always make themselves known

I do worry about where they are going to take her

I'm inclined to agree

That's soulless that's quite a big statement to make. Why do you think its soulless?

"

I just think I know too many ppl who've given up on life too early, like even if you've not found a soul friend yet, it doesn't mean there's not one waiting. The thing about making it work I personally believe is an excuse made by ppl who chose the wrong person and don't want to admit there could be someone perfect waiting. When it's right it's right and effortless imho and it's not work its a pleasure....

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Gutted

"I don't believe in soulmates. After a certain degree of compatibility, the rest is just a mutual commitment to making it work and respect for one another."

I kinda disagree. I've never felt like we're "making it work" and we've been through some real shitty times together. But never once have I felt like I've had to fight to stay together. I've just always known we'll be as strong as ever when it all blows over. It's never entered either of our minds that we wouldn't just be together.

I know i will always see her as that no matter what and i never lose

I'm inclined to agree

That's soulless that's quite a big statement to make. Why do you think its soulless?

I just think I know too many ppl who've given up on life too early, like even if you've not found a soul friend yet, it doesn't mean there's not one waiting. The thing about making it work I personally believe is an excuse made by ppl who chose the wrong person and don't want to admit there could be someone perfect waiting. When it's right it's right and effortless imho and it's not work its a pleasure.... "

As soneone who has been mostly happily married to a fella I considered to be my soulmate,I agree with this,it's no longer effortless,and no longer right,it's work

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm inclined to agree

I just think I know too many ppl who've given up on life too early, like even if you've not found a soul friend yet, it doesn't mean there's not one waiting. The thing about making it work I personally believe is an excuse made by ppl who chose the wrong person and don't want to admit there could be someone perfect waiting. When it's right it's right and effortless imho and it's not work its a pleasure.... "

My partner and I have been together since you were 3 years old. We have worked damn hard to make our relationship work I'm not quite sure how you can infer that we chose the wrong partner and have given up on life because we don't put the success of our relationship down to being soul mates.If a relationship is effortless it means one or both are putting no effort in and someone is fooling themselves.

Liverpool

I'm inclined to agree

I have literally never met a couple ever who's relationship I would describe as effortless. My grandparents were together from teenagers until they died in their 70s so I have seen love that spanned over half a century. I think the idea of soulmates can lead people to prematurely end relationships when things aren't easy rather than actually putting the work in. At the end of the day humans can be shit and none of us are perfect.

Also from a purely evolutionary perspective, love is just a chemical reaction designed to make us procreate and co-parent. If something happens to our current mate we are designed to find another. It might not sound as romantic but as I said, it's a viewpoint that gives credit to a couple who maintain a long term, happy relationship.

Liverpool

I kinda disagree. I've never felt like we're "making it work" and we've been through some real shitty times together. But never once have I felt like I've had to fight to stay together. I've just always known we'll be as strong as ever when it all blows over. It's never entered either of our minds that we wouldn't just be together. "

I didn't mean that it was a fight or a chore. Just that relationships last when both people are committed to maintaining a healthy relationship and making each other happy rather than relying on it being predetermined.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Tarka trail

Better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all.

Bradford

"Better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all. "

Nah, in my experience it's better to have lost and loved... Let's live in the present, eh??

I kinda disagree. I've never felt like we're "making it work" and we've been through some real shitty times together. But never once have I felt like I've had to fight to stay together. I've just always known we'll be as strong as ever when it all blows over. It's never entered either of our minds that we wouldn't just be together.

I didn't mean that it was a fight or a chore. Just that relationships last when both people are committed to maintaining a healthy relationship and making each other happy rather than relying on it being predetermined."

Yeah, I know, that happens naturally when it's right

It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

"It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"

Better to have loved and kept. I'm winning on that score

Bradford

"It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

Better to have loved and kept. I'm winning on that score "

Think we're Level pegging!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

its better just to love

Think we're Level pegging!"

Ummmmm, pegging????

Liverpool

Ummmmm, pegging???? "

That was my reaction too

Ummmmm, pegging????

That was my reaction too "

I'd give anything a go for a beautiful pair of boobs, I'm not proud......

Bradford

Ummmmm, pegging????

That was my reaction too "

Bradford

Ummmmm, pegging????

That was my reaction too

Someone mention pegging?????

I'd give anything a go for a beautiful pair of boobs, I'm not proud...... "

I think mine is lost

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I thought I’d found my soul mate. Turned out I hadn’t.

"I thought I’d found my soul mate. Turned out I hadn’t. "

More details!

Me too...

By *omesticated_VixenWoman  over a year ago

sw London

Agree with this 20 years with mine

Bradford

Then you had very lucky escape, my friend!!!

By *eliciouslady OP   Woman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Some interesting and honest revelations.

Do you think having loved and lost is the same as having a soul mate? I don’t think it is..

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Some interesting and honest revelations.

Do you think having loved and lost is the same as having a soul mate? I don’t think it is.."

Soul mates die just like anybody else so its possible to have a soul mate and lose them.

I think believing in soul mates could leave a lot of lonely widows and widowers

I'm not even sure we like each other, we just stay for the sex and the food.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm not even sure we like each other, we just stay for the sex and the food. "

there are worse reasons

"Am always curious about couples that profess to be ‘soul mates’

Having never had the pleasure of one, what happens when you realise you’re no longer compatible?

How do you feel about the person you truly believed was your soul mate for life? "

Your heart breaks for years and perhaps you can never commit the same again.

» Add a new message to this topic