FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Champions League Thread - 2019/20

Champions League Thread - 2019/20

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ot-Ash OP   Man  over a year ago

London

Liverpool start the defence of their title with a tough trip to Italy to take on Napoli who now have Carlo Ancelotti in charge.

Chelsea who are in the competition as they won last seasons Europa League are at home against Spanish side Valencia...

Any comments or predictions?....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Napoli are a very decent side

1-1 is a good result

Valencia are a mess at the moment so 2-0 to Frankies blues

Dortmund v Barca is gonna be a game to watch!

Ansu Fati is a little gem

By *cgkcCouple  over a year ago

Hitchin

Forza Napoli sempre!

By *uriouscraig400Man  over a year ago

bournemouth

we are the champions.

Champions of Europe!

Up the reds!

By *edmark07Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Tough opener for the reds, a draw would be a decent result as this looks the hardest fixture in the group.

Interesting to see if Chelsea can keep up the momentum from the weekend.

London

It wasn't a good night for both our English teams with Liverpool losing away at Napoli 2-0 and Chelsea being beaten 1-0 at home by Valencia....

Any thoughts on this evenings matches?..

The Reds only had 4 shots on target all night...

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

"It wasn't a good night for both our English teams with Liverpool losing away at Napoli 2-0 and Chelsea being beaten 1-0 at home by Valencia....

Any thoughts on this evenings matches?..

The Reds only had 4 shots on target all night..."

Napoli had 5

It was a good game both teams should get out the group, Liverpool's hardest game this season and it will be their hardest game in the group,

The penalty that shouldn't of been given (Not a clear and obvious error by the referee) Never heard that said before,

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

That kolibali looks impressive first time I’ve really watched him still can’t understand how Henderson gets in the Liverpool team on a sour note sounds like the Italians have been up to there normal tricks and attacking away fans

By *urtyGentMan  over a year ago

eastleigh

Arsenal beat both Napoli and Valencia in the Europa league last year. Very possible that Liverpool and Chelsea underestimated them both

Koulibaly is beast of a defender

By *uriouscraig400Man  over a year ago

bournemouth

Napoli played very well, they were knackered by 70mins just keeping it 0-0. Liverpool’s front 3 didn’t play well. Shouldn’t have been a pen, VAR should be allowed to over turn the decision, it’s a joke of a system.

If the pen decision had been overturned then it would have finished 0-0, and been a decent point.

London

"That kolibali looks impressive first time I’ve really watched him still can’t understand how Henderson gets in the Liverpool team on a sour note sounds like the Italians have been up to there normal tricks and attacking away fans "

And as usual nothing will be done about it by UEFA...

By *edmark07Man  over a year ago

liverpool

"That kolibali looks impressive first time I’ve really watched him still can’t understand how Henderson gets in the Liverpool team on a sour note sounds like the Italians have been up to there normal tricks and attacking away fans "

Henderson hadca good game breaking up there play. He's the kind of player you miss when he isn't there. Game had 0-0 all over it until the pen but not a great performance. Had to come sooner or later so hopefully its out the way and we push on. Valencia arnt in a good place and I'm surprised Chelsea couldn't see them off at home, hopefully that's a good omen for the reds this weekend

London

Tonight Spurs play away in Greece at Olympiakos and Man City travel to Ukraine to take on Shakhtar Donetsk...

Psg v Real should be interesting

London

Spurs blew a 2-0 lead in Greece against Olympiakos but Man City enjoyed a comfortable 3-0 win over Ukraine side Shakhtar

London

"Psg v Real should be interesting "

It was an easy win for the French champions even though they were without Neymar,Cavani and Mbabpe....

The pressure is already mounting on Madrid manager Zidane....

"Psg v Real should be interesting

It was an easy win for the French champions even though they were without Neymar,Cavani and Mbabpe....

The pressure is already mounting on Madrid manager Zidane...."

Both of them are a mess really!

London

Tonight Man City take on Dinamo Zagreb and Tottenham are up against Bayern Munch!

London

It finished Man City 2-0 Dinamo Zagreb and Tottenham 2-7 Bayern Munich!

What a thrashing Spurs have received tonight!...Could this be the beginning of

the end for manager Pochetino?....

Bayern could have scored even more than 7 tonight...

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Spurs

Spurs where hard to watch

Bayern looked unreal!

By *ame-room-no-swapCouple  over a year ago

Taunton

"Spurs "

Been torn a new one there ...

London

A Spurs fan on Talk Sport called just before to demand that Jose Mourinho was made their next manager!

London

Tonight Liverpool take on Salzburg and Chelsea make the short trip to France to take on Lille...

Lets hope that neither of our sides concede 7 goals this evening....

Any more thoughts on last nights matches?

Poor Tottingham

There's never smoke without fire! Something awry is going on alright

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

watching an ex arsenal player score a hat-trick whilst their team beats spurs 7-2 at their place...

as an arsenal fan.... glorious!!!!!

also as an aside.... if you see the goals from the madrid vs brugge game and wonder where VAR was.... so am I! (i am guessing the fella was having a wazz at the time and the YTS replacement was at the controls)

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Mercifully I didn't witness our drubbing last night just heard most of it on 5 Live - what makes it worse from what I have heard is that we were all over them for 30 minutes, just not clinical enough in front of goal, and were even still in it at 4-2 but got caught chasing the game by some very clinical Bayern finishing.

Something is definitely amiss behind the scenes and the team are no longer a team - if the current rumours are anything to go by it's not surprising either. Add to that a lack of players coming in and some of Poch's cryptic statements and it's no surprise we're having such a torrid time.

Still think we can make it through to the knockout stages though but we'll need to up our game and damned fast!!

"Mercifully I didn't witness our drubbing last night just heard most of it on 5 Live - what makes it worse from what I have heard is that we were all over them for 30 minutes, just not clinical enough in front of goal, and were even still in it at 4-2 but got caught chasing the game by some very clinical Bayern finishing.

Something is definitely amiss behind the scenes and the team are no longer a team - if the current rumours are anything to go by it's not surprising either. Add to that a lack of players coming in and some of Poch's cryptic statements and it's no surprise we're having such a torrid time.

Still think we can make it through to the knockout stages though but we'll need to up our game and damned fast!!"

Does Vertonghen still have a black eye?

London

I thought Liverpool were going to throw away that 3-0 lead against Salzburg until Salah scored the winner!

It was a decent display from Chelsea to win 2-1 away at Lille.....

London

So CL holders Liverpool lost 1-0 last night but are they really right to be so upset about Atleticos tactics?.....

"So CL holders Liverpool lost 1-0 last night but are they really right to be so upset about Atleticos tactics?..... "

The tactics weren't a shock, the weak refereeing at this stage of the competition was!

Other than that it's great to have the CL back

London

Spurs lost 1-0 at home to Leipzig tonight but it could have been more if the German side had taken their chances....Do Tottenham still have a chance in the 2nd leg?....

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"Spurs lost 1-0 at home to Leipzig tonight but it could have been more if the German side had taken their chances....Do Tottenham still have a chance in the 2nd leg?...."

At 1-0 yes.

But I would have made Leipzig favourites over the 2 legs with injuries.

Are Everton back In ?

By *ame-room-no-swapCouple  over a year ago

Taunton

"Are Everton back In ? "

Yes, they get a bye direct into the quarter finals.

London

Tottenham lost the first leg 1-0 at home to Leipzig.....Can they still turn things around in Germany tonight in the 2nd even without all their injured players?...

"Tottenham lost the first leg 1-0 at home to Leipzig.....Can they still turn things around in Germany tonight in the 2nd even without all their injured players?..."
i hope not bloody hate spurs and especially mourinho

This definitely hasn't aged well regarding Henderson Haha...been our best player all season and massively missed him the last few games...leads by example!

London

"Tottenham lost the first leg 1-0 at home to Leipzig.....Can they still turn things around in Germany tonight in the 2nd even without all their injured players?...i hope not bloody hate spurs and especially mourinho "

I dont think they will turn it around so i guess you'll be very happy tonight!

London

"That kolibali looks impressive first time I’ve really watched him still can’t understand how Henderson gets in the Liverpool team on a sour note sounds like the Italians have been up to there normal tricks and attacking away fans

This definitely hasn't aged well regarding Henderson Haha...been our best player all season and massively missed him the last few games...leads by example!"

Are you confident of overturning Atleticos 1-0 lead at Anfield on Wednesday night even without Henderson?

The Spanish side will continue with their defensive dark arts tactics they are well known for....

"That kolibali looks impressive first time I’ve really watched him still can’t understand how Henderson gets in the Liverpool team on a sour note sounds like the Italians have been up to there normal tricks and attacking away fans

This definitely hasn't aged well regarding Henderson Haha...been our best player all season and massively missed him the last few games...leads by example!

Are you confident of overturning Atleticos 1-0 lead at Anfield on Wednesday night even without Henderson?

The Spanish side will continue with their defensive dark arts tactics they are well known for...."

No I think we’ll go out

The Spanish side will continue with their defensive dark arts tactics they are well known for...."

We can beat anyone at home so I'm pretty confident but if they start play acting and conning the ref (need a strong ref) it could be a tough night

They targeted mane last game and got away with their sly tactics and the ref helped them with that but at the end of the day we need to show why we are the world/European and soon to be English champions

London

The Spanish side will continue with their defensive dark arts tactics they are well known for....

No I think we’ll go out"

If you get an early goal they might decide not to park the bus and adventure past the half way line.....

London

We can beat anyone at home so I'm pretty confident but if they start play acting and conning the ref (need a strong ref) it could be a tough night

They targeted mane last game and got away with their sly tactics and the ref helped them with that but at the end of the day we need to show why we are the world/European and soon to be English champions "

Having a strong referee on Wed night will be the key as they certainly got away with all sorts in that first leg..

I think with a passionate crowd behind you to drive the players on you should overcome Atletico but it wont be easy and can see there being lots of drama!

No I think we’ll go out

If you get an early goal they might decide not to park the bus and adventure past the half way line....."

I don’t think we’ll score

No I think we’ll go out

If you get an early goal they might decide not to park the bus and adventure past the half way line.....

I don’t think we’ll score"

What makes you think this?

A.madrid have won 2 of their last 15 games away in all comps and conceded in all those games bar 2 ....there up against the best attack in the world at Anfield, I'm not normally this optimistic but we are on a different level to them

No I think we’ll go out

A.madrid have won 2 of their last 15 games away in all comps and conceded in all those games bar 2 ....there up against the best attack in the world at Anfield, I'm not normally this optimistic but we are on a different level to them"

I don’t think we have played well since Christmas. We are struggling without Hendo. Fabinho looks off the pace and the form of both Trent and Robbo has dipped. Allisson is out and Salah and Firmino are not playing particularly well.

Athletico, don’t have to win. They just need to stop us scoring. We are more vulnerable at the moment to the counterattack and set pieces which plays into Athletico’s hands. They’ll be right up for it and will want the Champion’s scalp. If we don’t get a relatively early goal Anfield will get nervous.

We only got goals against West Ham and Bournemouth because of their errors. Athletico are less error prone and only have to stop us scoring. It’s our Achilles heel.

I hope we win, but I am not confident.

No I think we’ll go out

A.madrid have won 2 of their last 15 games away in all comps and conceded in all those games bar 2 ....there up against the best attack in the world at Anfield, I'm not normally this optimistic but we are on a different level to them

I don’t think we have played well since Christmas. We are struggling without Hendo. Fabinho looks off the pace and the form of both Trent and Robbo has dipped. Allisson is out and Salah and Firmino are not playing particularly well.

Athletico, don’t have to win. They just need to stop us scoring. We are more vulnerable at the moment to the counterattack and set pieces which plays into Athletico’s hands. They’ll be right up for it and will want the Champion’s scalp. If we don’t get a relatively early goal Anfield will get nervous.

We only got goals against West Ham and Bournemouth because of their errors. Athletico are less error prone and only have to stop us scoring. It’s our Achilles heel.

I hope we win, but I am not confident."

Yeah u got a point but hope your wrong haha

No I think we’ll go out

Yeah u got a point but hope your wrong haha"

Oh don’t get me wrong so do I. But Ash asked a question and I gave my honest opinion.

No I think we’ll go out

Oh don’t get me wrong so do I. But Ash asked a question and I gave my honest opinion."

I know that's fair enough lol...I weren't being arsey footballs about opinions...I'm normally pessimistic to be honest

No I think we’ll go out

Oh don’t get me wrong so do I. But Ash asked a question and I gave my honest opinion.

I know that's fair enough lol...I weren't being arsey footballs about opinions...I'm normally pessimistic to be honest "

Oh I know you weren’t. Keeping everything crossed for a good win and an upturn in form so we can get the league done at the Derby and get a guard of honour off City. Meanwhile we can then concentrate on retaining the Champions League.

I would say Bayern Munich look the most dangerous this season.

No I think we’ll go out

I know that's fair enough lol...I weren't being arsey footballs about opinions...I'm normally pessimistic to be honest

Oh I know you weren’t. Keeping everything crossed for a good win and an upturn in form so we can get the league done at the Derby and get a guard of honour off City. Meanwhile we can then concentrate on retaining the Champions League.

I would say Bayern Munich look the most dangerous this season."

Yeah I agree..also psg

Spurs are in a spot of bother!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Spurs are in a spot of bother! "

London

"Spurs are in a spot of bother! "

They certainly are!

It finished Leipzig 3-0 Tottenham....

There was just no fight in the Spurs players tonight and they deserved to lose by such a score line.

I don't think we will be seeing them in the CL next season....

London

Liverpool have now conceded a 2nd goal at Anfield to Atletico.....

London

Its all over....

Liverpool 2-3 Atletico Madrid......

The Reds are out of the CL....

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan  over a year ago

Close

Fuck my big boots..... I bloody love football, almost as much as those big European nights at Anfield..... Hahahahohohohehehe

Can't win every European cup we enter but we absolutely dominated them and they were shite but at the end of the day you don't score you don't win....if allisson would of been in net we would of easily gone through

Being positive we are still the 6 times European champions, the current world champions and soon to be English champions

Lifes still good

Ynwa

Adrian had a shocker

That's why he's NOT the best keeper in the world

Well done Diego though he's some dude

"Adrian had a shocker

Well done Diego though he's some dude "

I wouldn't say well done Diego he did nothing,we battered them just couldn't score enough....it was down to adrian and no 1 else...anyone who'd played footy knows that adrian should of hit that ball with his laces when it came back to him not side foot

Our first league title in 30 years will still be a great season and potentially a league points record

"Adrian had a shocker

I wouldn't say well done Diego he did nothing,we battered them just couldn't score enough....it was down to adrian and no 1 else...anyone who'd played footy knows that adrian should of hit that ball with his laces when it came back to him not side foot

Our first league title in 30 years will still be a great season and potentially a league points record "

Diego spoke very well after the game and deserves some credit to be fair. Oblak was outstanding throughout with the Reds playing some great stuff until Adrian's blunder.

Can't get to the final every year

"Adrian had a shocker

Our first league title in 30 years will still be a great season and potentially a league points record

Diego spoke very well after the game and deserves some credit to be fair. Oblak was outstanding throughout with the Reds playing some great stuff until Adrian's blunder.

Can't get to the final every year

"

At least it means I won't be spending money on watching the games in liverpool...save a bit of money

End of the day we've got to give other teams the chance of winning the european cup....it was down to both keepers but unluckily we had the shit 1 Haha

» Add a new message to this topic