FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do You Believe in the Paranormal (Non Fab Relted)

Do You Believe in the Paranormal (Non Fab Relted)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If yes, please explain your experiences. I'd love to hear them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

No. Would be cool though

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

No, not at all.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes x

Yes i do

The house i grew up in was built to house soilders in the 2nd world war...when i was about 11/12 i went upstairs into my room and as clear as day there was a soilder in full uniform holding a rifle across his body even had the twigs and leaves in his helmet stood in the corner of my room. I just froze for a second or two then ran back downstairs.

I love crop circles. I used to live in Wiltshire and was in them frequently.

Not strictly paranormal, but artistically breath taking.

I believe once iv given her a supergasm she enters a realm known as the highlight zone were everything goes in slow mo so she can savour each millisecond shes had many trips there

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Virtuosa

Nope. I do believe in hallucinations tho

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

No but I do believe time is just a construct & that everything that has happened, is happening & will happen is in the now.

Then add that to my belief that the mind under certain circumstances can slip into the past & future (To our phusical bodies anyway) then it explains both the seeing of the "Ghost" & the Deja Vue feeling we sometimes get.

We HAVE been there & done it before, but only in our heads...

S

"No but I do believe time is just a construct & that everything that has happened, is happening & will happen is in the now.

Then add that to my belief that the mind under certain circumstances can slip into the past & future (To our phusical bodies anyway) then it explains both the seeing of the "Ghost" & the Deja Vue feeling we sometimes get.

S"

thats deep

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

No

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes I do but I think most paranormal experiences are only labelled so because our definition of normal is so narrow.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No.

West Wales

"No but I do believe time is just a construct & that everything that has happened, is happening & will happen is in the now.

Sthats deep "

But is that a bad thing?

S

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

London

Yeah I think we are the paranormal

"Yes I do but I think most paranormal experiences are only labelled so because our definition of normal is so narrow. "

I hole heartedly agree with this statement

"Yeah I think we are the paranormal "

Hahaha I've never thought of it like that before

Yep

S"

Time. Once mankind truly understands time, then many questions will be answe_ed. Time is a dimension. A cube has 4 dimensions: width, height, depth are the 3 most obvious dimensions, but time is the fourth dimension. Just as the width of a cube has a start and end point which are measu_ed in inches or centimeters or hexadecimals, the time of existence of the cube can also be measu_ed. The unit of measurement is time, hours, minutes etc. When measuring the width of a cube, there is a starting point at which the cube exists, the cube then exists until we get to the end of its width. Also, there is a point in time at which the cube begins to exist, it then exists until the point at which it ceases to exist.

I think I know what I mean.

"Yes I do but I think most paranormal experiences are only labelled so because our definition of normal is so narrow. "

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

Oh hell yeah, ghosts, goblins, unicorns, fairies, gods, devil's, Loch ness monster, witches, wizards, the bogey man, santa,... I even believe my boss is going to give me a pay rise

"Yes i do

The house i grew up in was built to house soilders in the 2nd world war...when i was about 11/12 i went upstairs into my room and as clear as day there was a soilder in full uniform holding a rifle across his body even had the twigs and leaves in his helmet stood in the corner of my room. I just froze for a second or two then ran back downstairs."

That's amazing...... I love hearing about encounters like this

Sorry no

Yes. I believe in many esoteric things. Ghosts, yes. Haunted places, yes. This often manifests itself as places which "feel warm and welcoming" or "feel cold and scary".

Deja vu, yes. Telepathy, yes. Sixth sense, yes. The Philadelphia Experiment, maybe. Nessie, no. Man is from Mars, yes it's possible. Ouija boards, not touching that shit. Previous lives, yes. Life elsewhere in the universe, hell yes. Previous advanced civilization on Mars, very possible.

My very own story is that one Saturday morning I slept far beyond my usual waking time. Once I awoke, I distinctly remembe_ed a dream in which I was back at school. The dream featu_ed a girl who I had heard of, but was neither friend nor acquaintance with. In the dream, this girl who was called Cheryl had committed suicide by hanging herself from a stairway in the science laboratory department.

After awaking and making myself some breakfast, my grandmother (who lived next door) came knocking on the front door.

She explained to me (in tears) that her dog had died that morning and she had been trying to rouse me from my sleep by knocking on the front door.

My grandmothers dog was called Sherry.

My grandmothers dog died from choking.

Now tell me again, the original posters question?

ribble valley

"Yes. I believe in many esoteric things. Ghosts, yes. Haunted places, yes. This often manifests itself as places which "feel warm and welcoming" or "feel cold and scary".

Deja vu, yes. Telepathy, yes. Sixth sense, yes. The Philadelphia Experiment, maybe. Nessie, no. Man is from Mars, yes it's possible. Ouija boards, not touching that shit. Previous lives, yes. Life elsewhere in the universe, hell yes. Previous advanced civilization on Mars, very possible.

My very own story is that one Saturday morning I slept far beyond my usual waking time. Once I awoke, I distinctly remembe_ed a dream in which I was back at school. The dream featu_ed a girl who I had heard of, but was neither friend nor acquaintance with. In the dream, this girl who was called Cheryl had committed suicide by hanging herself from a stairway in the science laboratory department.

After awaking and making myself some breakfast, my grandmother (who lived next door) came knocking on the front door.

She explained to me (in tears) that her dog had died that morning and she had been trying to rouse me from my sleep by knocking on the front door.

Now tell me again, the original posters question?"

That's amazing!!! My watch just stopped when I read this.......

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Paranormal, not so much. Para-science yes.

"Yes. I believe in many esoteric things. Ghosts, yes. Haunted places, yes. This often manifests itself as places which "feel warm and welcoming" or "feel cold and scary".

That's amazing!!! My watch just stopped when I read this....... "

Not sure about a watch stopping. That could just be an esoteric coincidence. Believe in the power of coincidence.

Not sure about a watch stopping. That could just be an esoteric coincidence. Believe in the power of coincidence. "

Coincidences are a very strange yet powerful thing

By *osmicRobMan  over a year ago

Chorlton cum Hardy

I wish there were some decent, truthful paranormal documentaries on TV rather than the usual, Ghost Hunters, Most Haunted etc. which is just produced to entertain in the end of the day

ribble valley

Not sure about a watch stopping. That could just be an esoteric coincidence. Believe in the power of coincidence.

Coincidences are a very strange yet powerful thing "

It's a strange and powerful thing that anybody educated still believes in the supernatural.

ribble valley

"I wish there were some decent, truthful paranormal documentaries on TV rather than the usual, Ghost Hunters, Most Haunted etc. which is just produced to entertain in the end of the day "

Decent?... Truthful?... You gotta be kidding, right?

Regarding the paranormal(ghosts ,time travel , UFOs etc) I have a logical (unproven ) theory!

Parallel universes.!

Scientists/astronomists don't yet know what dark matter and dark energy is... and parallel universes are one Universe theory. This could explain the drawings of spacemen in Aztec caves, sightings of ghosts ,UFOs, and similar. It's not necessarily time travel, as time travel is a human concept.. and if parallel universes do exist this could explain the above. Nobel prize please.

Chorlton cum Hardy

How would I know if I've ever set foot in a parallel universe? Would I be able to hook up with myself and get up to no good?

No I don't

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No.

"Regarding the paranormal(ghosts ,time travel , UFOs etc) I have a logical (unproven ) theory!

Parallel universes.!

Scientists/astronomists don't yet know what dark matter and dark energy is... and parallel universes are one Universe theory. This could explain the drawings of spacemen in Aztec caves, sightings of ghosts ,UFOs, and similar. It's not necessarily time travel, as time travel is a human concept.. and if parallel universes do exist this could explain the above. Nobel prize please. "

My hat goes off to you sir. Love the logic behind it. I have my own theories like that but about the big bang..... Like, what if the big bang isn't a bang at all. In fact, it was just the moment we crossed the event horizon and it was the moment we got sucked in to a black hole? In laymans terms, we are currently living inside a monster black hole? Makes you think, doesn't it?

King's Crustacean

You know those walking talking Teddy Poms on the telly ... they're the living embodiment of dead potatoes.

By *rightonfranceMan  over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

who ya gonna call!!!

What about serendipity?

By *rAngleseyMan  over a year ago

Anglesey

There`s some pretty weird shit going on over here.

King's Crustacean

"There`s some pretty weird shit going on over here."

Is it going in instead of out ?

"who ya gonna call!!!"

I called the tinnitus helpline... but it just kept ringing

"There`s some pretty weird shit going on over here.

Is it going in instead of out ?"

That's a damn good question

Chorlton cum Hardy

I won't even mention the meaning of a 'deja-vu' and the Matrix etc.

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

"Oh hell yeah, ghosts, goblins, unicorns, fairies, gods, devil's, Loch ness monster, witches, wizards, the bogey man, santa,... I even believe my boss is going to give me a pay rise "

Been looking for unicorns!!!

Anglesey

"There`s some pretty weird shit going on over here.

Is it going in instead of out ?"

Weird shit as in "Paranormal" not toilet stuff (Wash your mouth out with soap)

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

No, although I find it really fascinating.

West Wales

OK, Going out there with this but it was a Life Changing moment & lead me to believe the theory I posted previously.

My dad was a big horseracing fan, many summer holidays as a kid were spent between Brighton, Good wood & Fontwell Park.

A few years after I'd left home I had a dream of watching a really really botched start to a horserace, I was in a room I didn't recognise watching it on the TV.

Zap forward a few months mum & dad have moved & we are round on a Saturday to see their new house, which just happens to be Grand National day & the day of the biggest GN fiasco in living memory.

And I'd seen it all before, from the same chair, in the same room, with the same wallpaper.

Sca_ed the fuck out of me at the time tbh & I never did tell my mum & dad.

S

"Oh hell yeah, ghosts, goblins, unicorns, fairies, gods, devil's, Loch ness monster, witches, wizards, the bogey man, santa,... I even believe my boss is going to give me a pay rise

Been looking for unicorns!!!"

A mystical creature like that will never be caught

"OK, Going out there with this but it was a Life Changing moment & lead me to believe the theory I posted previously.

My dad was a big horseracing fan, many summer holidays as a kid were spent between Brighton, Good wood & Fontwell Park.

A few years after I'd left home I had a dream of watching a really really botched start to a horserace, I was in a room I didn't recognise watching it on the TV.

Zap forward a few months mum & dad have moved & we are round on a Saturday to see their new house, which just happens to be Grand National day & the day of the biggest GN fiasco in living memory.

And I'd seen it all before, from the same chair, in the same room, with the same wallpaper.

S

"

Wow, amazing. Has anything else happened that freaked you out? or was it just this one time?

"OK, Going out there with this but it was a Life Changing moment & lead me to believe the theory I posted previously.

S

Wow, amazing. Has anything else happened that freaked you out? or was it just this one time? "

she didn't actually write the above until tomorrow

West Wales

S

Wow, amazing. Has anything else happened that freaked you out? or was it just this one time? "

That has been by far the biggest & as I've got older I have fewer & fewer instances of Deja Vu which I believe are instances of us just remembering the dream at the time.

I just wonder whether they are sleep deprivation related as when younger I'd regularly have only two-four hours a night of restless sleep every night.

Now its seven hours of sleeping like a log.

S

Why did the ancient Egyptians build things pointing to one point in space (Orian area)!

S

Wow, amazing. Has anything else happened that freaked you out? or was it just this one time?

That has been by far the biggest & as I've got older I have fewer & fewer instances of Deja Vu which I believe are instances of us just remembering the dream at the time.

I just wonder whether they are sleep deprivation related as when younger I'd regularly have only two-four hours a night of restless sleep every night.

S"

I've seen this soooooo many times before. You are sensitive to the world of the paranormal. You're just not aware of it. X

West Wales

S

S

I've seen this soooooo many times before. You are sensitive to the world of the paranormal. You're just not aware of it. X"

Its why I'm now a fatalist, if I saw that horse race it must have happened somewhere already? I'm not one for the multi verse theory so therefore our future has happened. Its also why when I nearly died last Sunday in a mc accident it didn't phase me a jot. I'd lost it on a left hander the bike with me semi still on it or under it hit a van going the other way head on! I'd guess a combined speed of 100mph.

All my mates where "You lucky bugger how the FCK?, you haven't a scratch" I do but nothing major. I just said "It wasn't my time, luck has nothing to do with it".

S

S

S

I've seen this soooooo many times before. You are sensitive to the world of the paranormal. You're just not aware of it. X

Its why I'm now a fatalist, if I saw that horse race it must have happened somewhere already? I'm not one for the multi verse theory so therefore our future has happened. Its also why when I nearly died last Sunday in a mc accident it didn't phase me a jot. I'd lost it on a left hander the bike with me semi still on it or under it hit a van going the other way head on! I'd guess a combined speed of 100mph.

All my mates where "You lucky bugger how the FCK?, you haven't a scratch" I do but nothing major. I just said "It wasn't my time, luck has nothing to do with it".

S "

Can you answer these questions for me please?

1, have you ever seen a medium/ psychic?

2, do you ever feel completely drained and don't know why? If yes, how often do you feel drained? Daily? Weekly? X

West Wales

1. Never

2. Rarely, I do get days when I'm massively melancholy & just feel the need to stay away from everyone.

S

"1. Never

2. Rarely, I do get days when I'm massively melancholy & just feel the need to stay away from everyone.

S"

I don't mean to be cryptic here, I'm just saying, If you went to see a medium your life would be changed forever. I've seen this so many of times before. It's obvious you have a gift but you've never unlocked your full potential. Seeing a medium would change all that for you. X

By *edMan  over a year ago

cambridgeshire

I saw something once in a dark bedroom in an old house. It had disappea_ed by the time my brave little head popped back out from the duvet...

Years later a relative told me the ensuite to that bedroom was thought to be haunted..

Just a few ghostly steps away..

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

No. I have never seen any evidence for it.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

No. I have never seen any evidence for it. Luke

Yes I do

I believe that the willies are put up many people.

"I believe that the willies are put up many people."

Takes a lot for the willies to be put up me! Nerves of steel me!

No

"I believe that the willies are put up many people.

Takes a lot for the willies to be put up me! Nerves of steel me! "

Have willy will travel...?

salisbury

Oh i remember one! I was a boy of tenish, on holiday in a farm cottage in Lee, near matlock in the peak district. We had an aunt with us at the time so all the beds were taken. I was downstairs, sleeping on the settee. I was woken up before dawn, just a little light in through the curtain, i was woken by my pillow being pulled quickly out from under my head and impacting the wall opposite above the fireplace... i remember thinking "oh, probably a ghost" (it wasn't my first time with odd happenings) and I went back to sleep.

I mentioned the occurrence over breakfast, but nothing was said. Dad joked "Maybe the farmer thought you should be getting up!" Months later mum admitted she'd been woken during the same night hearing the traditional "Suffolk" style door latches being operated during the early hours.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"stuff" has happened to us that we have no explanation for. One house we lived in was very odd and a place we stayed at in Wales was really weird

salisbury

I also worked with a guy who had a ghost in his house like you and I might have mice or a squeaky door. Conversations such as "you look ti_ed", "yeah, the fucking ghost wouldn't stop last night! Banging,

knocking stuff over, more banging! Fucking thing!". "Why don't you move?". "It's a nice house"...

By *lymanMan  over a year ago

PLYMOUTH

I had the face of jesus appear in my crunchy nut cornflakes once can i have a amen ?

No

""stuff" has happened to us that we have no explanation for. One house we lived in was very odd and a place we stayed at in Wales was really weird"

Can you go in to detail please? What happened? And what do you mean by "odd"? Xx

"No "

Me neither

Forum Mod

East Sussex

""stuff" has happened to us that we have no explanation for. One house we lived in was very odd and a place we stayed at in Wales was really weird

Can you go in to detail please? What happened? And what do you mean by "odd"? Xx"

too many things to mention all of them.

By odd I mean a cat on the end of the bed when there isn't a cat, things like that.

Not at all.

"Not at all. "

I find real monsters scary enough.

I believe there are things we can't explain, because as young children we're not told it's not real it's your imagination

""stuff" has happened to us that we have no explanation for. One house we lived in was very odd and a place we stayed at in Wales was really weird

Can you go in to detail please? What happened? And what do you mean by "odd"? Xx

By odd I mean a cat on the end of the bed when there isn't a cat, things like that."

Thanks for sharing, Was it a ginger tabby cat by any chance? Long hair? X

"I believe there are things we can't explain, because as young children we're not told it's not real it's your imagination "

Sure do a got a picture of one

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"If yes, please explain your experiences. I'd love to hear them "

No it's all nonsense

"I won't even mention the meaning of a 'deja-vu' and the Matrix etc."

Deja-vu: dictionary meaning-

A voting referendum slip that appears eg:in 2016...then re-appears in 2020

Anglesey

By odd I mean a cat on the end of the bed when there isn't a cat, things like that."

Ive been to a couple of houses where you can smell the cat but there isn`t a cat.

Chorlton cum Hardy

"I won't even mention the meaning of a 'deja-vu' and the Matrix etc..

A voting referendum slip that appears eg:in 2016...then re-appears in 2020 "

I wonder if Nostradamus p_edicted Brexit???

"I won't even mention the meaning of a 'deja-vu' and the Matrix etc..

A voting referendum slip that appears eg:in 2016...then re-appears in 2020

I wonder if Nostradamus p_edicted Brexit???"

That's a damn good question

Forum Mod

East Sussex

By odd I mean a cat on the end of the bed when there isn't a cat, things like that.

Thanks for sharing, Was it a ginger tabby cat by any chance? Long hair? X"

no. It wasn't visible, we just felt it climb on the bed and curl up at the bottom

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ive been to a couple of houses where you can smell the cat but there isn`t a cat."

tell me about it. I once went to a house where they had about 30 cats, the smell was indescribable

Ive been to a couple of houses where you can smell the cat but there isn`t a cat."

sadly I dont have a cat .

Many years ago when I was in the RAF I was duty airman at the trade training school and one of the things that had to be done was lock up the building that contained the airmens mess and NAAFI after they'd closed for the night. Myself and another duty airman went into the building, locked the door behind us and first checked the ground floor, turned out the lights and then went upstairs to check.I went into the mens toilet, nobody in there so turned out the light and went to check the ladies toilet. Again nobody there so light out and join my buddy in the corridor. He'd checked the admin office, turned lights out and locked the door. As we stood there checking the check list, we heard clicking noise coming from the snooker room down the corridor so we both went to check it out. When we got there nobody was in the room but all the snooker balls were on the table and a cue was on there as well. Very odd. We put the snooker balls into the table pockets, cue in the rack, turned the lights out, locked the room and went to the end of the corridor and down the stairs. I unlocked the entry door, we both went outside and I locked the door. We went around the back of the building to check the bins area and a small workshop. As we came out of there my oppo said to me the lights were on in the gents toilet and the snooker room lights were on and sure enough I looked up at the windows and saw the lights were on. We couldn't figure out why they'd come on again as we had locked the place up. So we decided to go back into the building and turn the lights off. As we got to the top of the stairs we thought we heard a noise in the snooker room. Thinking some practical joker had been either hiding or got into the building with a duplicate key, we were ready to bollock whoever it was. We went to the snooker room and saw all the balls back on the table and a cue on there as well. This time there was an odd musty smell in the room. The hairs on the back of my neck were tingling. My oppo said the same. So we simply turned off the lights, locked up and went to check the toilet. Nobody there so we turned the lights out and went back down to the ground floor and out, locked up and carried on our patrol. When we got back to the guard room and told the duty Sergeant what had happened he laughed and said we'd been spooked by the resident ghost.we thought he was joking but he wasnt.The airfield had been a WW2 active base and what was the NAAFI building used to be the Officers Mess. It was said that one of the pilots had been killed in action and that he had been an amateur billiards champion, and because billiards wasn't played there anymore, when his spirit had returned to the base it was now playing a solo game of snooker. That still didn't explain the lights being turned on in the toilet though. Apparently we weren't the first to experience what had happened. I've spoken to quite A few servicemen and women over the years and some have experienced happenings of an unexplained kind in places they've served.

I believe I've seen and heard things in the past but every time I've come up with a more logical explanation as to what it was apart from one experience and I still can't explain it to this day

By *ikingCoolMan  over a year ago

carmarthen

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

Definitely renovating an old house over 150 Yr s old, our dogs refused to come in to one of the rooms you could breathe fog in the room now I know walls are thick but not the reason for cold, anyway often caught sight of a figure like a shadow deciced to try take a pic all came out was green and purple lines, did research found out a soldier was shot on our site, got a person out to cleanse the house and nothing since, dogs happy to come in now but lots of mischief before he left

salisbury

The snooker story reminded me of a tale my dad told me from when he was on the 1970's Ark Royal. They were in the mess having lunch when one of the airmen, an observer on sea vixens, popped his head round the door and said "see you later chaps!" Bit odd behaviour for an officer but not much was said. Until they found out he had just died as the aircraft he was in had ditched, and he'd failed to get out in time...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've posted this before so I'll be brief.

A cleaner I used to say good morning and goodnight to at work was off for some time. I saw him again one day, greeted him and he nodded in return, I saw him ride away on his bike too. Mentioned it to a colleague who told me he'd died about six weeks previously

No.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Nope. Unless "paranormal" now means "abnormal", in which case look no further

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Yes

I've seen things that science cannot even come close to explain

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I've posted this before so I'll be brief.

A cleaner I used to say good morning and goodnight to at work was off for some time. I saw him again one day, greeted him and he nodded in return, I saw him ride away on his bike too. Mentioned it to a colleague who told me he'd died about six weeks previously"

Wow

I've never experienced anything to make me believe, I'm on the fence With this one.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Pooch regularly looks up where I have a picture of my Mum and just stares . Never barks or growls , just stares for ages . No idea what it means buy they say dogs can sense spirits . No idea if it's true but it is unsettling.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

A cleaner I used to say good morning and goodnight to at work was off for some time. I saw him again one day, greeted him and he nodded in return, I saw him ride away on his bike too. Mentioned it to a colleague who told me he'd died about six weeks previously Wow "

This has happened to me a couple not times. I saw an old lady standing by the church gates who was well known to my family. Went home and said to mum that I'd seen Mrs Smith she replied that I must be mistaken as she'd recently died.

Happy Birthday Sophia Loren 84 today .Friday the 20th of September.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yeah. Various.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

A cleaner I used to say good morning and goodnight to at work was off for some time. I saw him again one day, greeted him and he nodded in return, I saw him ride away on his bike too. Mentioned it to a colleague who told me he'd died about six weeks previously Wow

This has happened to me a couple not times. I saw an old lady standing by the church gates who was well known to my family. Went home and said to mum that I'd seen Mrs Smith she replied that I must be mistaken as she'd recently died. "

I have no doubts that in either case , a dead person had certainly not re appea_ed in any context , for me experiencing such an event I'd want to understand the psychologically behind my delusion

I regularly see people and mistake their identities I'm sure its perfectly human to do so and to convince oneself

I'd suggest arrogance of highest order to suggest one is not fallible under such circumstances, human brains fill in gaps and make up stories to fit , WITHOUT conscious knowledge

Check the reems of conflicting police witness statements for data illustrating the plasticity and creative nature of our brain

No one knows if they are seeing an optical illusion until the illusion is presented and even then the brain is still often convinced ( see hollow mask illusions)

Thus despite being utterly convinced you have seen something, there is zero way for you to know if it was an illusion and repeatedly declaring you were not fooled is evidence of nothing other than you underestimate your subconscious, the complexity of the brain and an over confidence that you're immune to the human condition of being easily sensory deceived x

I'm not sure OP. I have heard of people being abducted by aliens mid-sentence before they

No

There is absolutely zero evidence of anything even remotely paranormal

It's the same as god. If people want to beleive It,that's up to them but don't get offended when others call out the b.s

There's a house close to where I live and no one seems to settle there. Someone I know that didn't believe in ghosts rented the property and he won't go any where near it now.

He said he woke up one night as his room went freezing.He went to get up and there was a guy stood at the bottom of his bed stairing at him dressed in old miners clothes.He cove_ed his head with the sheets and it stayed freezing cold in there for ages so he looked again and he was still there.He cove_ed his head again and the room went instantly warm and He was gone. He ran downstairs and left the house and went to his parents as he was that sca_ed.

He asked about the house and the old guy that lives next door to it said a miner years ago came home and found his wife cheating so weeks later he went to the bedroom and put a mine detonator in his mouth and blew his head off.

The girl that moved in after him ran out of the house screaming in the early hours of the morning and everyone that moves in there seem to leave abruptly.

I'm not saying I've seen it or believe but I know the guy who lived there and he's not a lier and I could see how sca_ed he was and it's a massive coincidence that no one stays there for more than a few weeks.

Absolute nonsense

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

"Absolute nonsense "

No they are real I can honesly say I have seen a pair of ghoulies.

"Absolute nonsense

No they are real I can honesly say I have seen a pair of ghoulies. "

Goolies!! Yes

Not sure about the paranormal but i've been ghosted a few times.

i spent 4 years 2010-2014 working for UHNW family in Qatar.

Family, staff and everyone else became convinced very early on that a Djinn had taken up residence in the basement of the palace, and an Imam spent a couple of months covering family photographs and playing verses from the Quran every evening at high volume on a tape deck.

Never saw anything myself, but 45 house staff from India, Philippines and Thailand were terrified.

"I'm not sure OP. I have heard of people being abducted by aliens mid-sentence before they"

SHIT, HE'S BEEN ABDUCTED, an anal probing for you my friend

"i spent 4 years 2010-2014 working for UHNW family in Qatar.

Family, staff and everyone else became convinced very early on that a Djinn had taken up residence in the basement of the palace, and an Imam spent a couple of months covering family photographs and playing verses from the Quran every evening at high volume on a tape deck.

Never saw anything myself, but 45 house staff from India, Philippines and Thailand were terrified."

Millions terrified of not going to heaven but it doesn’t make it true

Well I have to say, this thread turned out a lot more interesting than I thought.

Cheers for your views guys

"No

It's the same as god. If people want to beleive It,that's up to them but don't get offended when others call out the b.s "

Yes!!

"No

It's the same as god. If people want to beleive It,that's up to them but don't get offended when others call out the b.s

Yes!! "

I never get offended my friend, I respect all opinions. Personally, I'm a Paranormal Investigator and I believe I have enough video evidence to convince the hardest of sceptics.

"Pooch regularly looks up where I have a picture of my Mum and just stares . Never barks or growls , just stares for ages . No idea what it means buy they say dogs can sense spirits . No idea if it's true but it is unsettling. "

I was a dog handler in the RAF and one of my postings was at a base in Lincolnshire. There was a particular part of the base that was a bomb storage facility. A large area was where bomb trolleys were sto_ed under Dutch Barns. One evening my dog stopped dead and turned to face into an area and his hackles rose. He didn't bark or growl, just stood there staring ahead. I tried to move him away but he wouldn't move. His body language and lack of barking or growling wasn't usual. I gave a strong tug on his lead and eventually he moved away with me. I decided to turn around and go back to the spot where he had stopped. This time he happily walked to and around the area, no problems. When I mentioned the event to other dog handlers a couple said that they'd experienced the same thing. Someone said that many years before the site became an airfield it was farmland and there'd been a farm machinery accident and someone had been killed, and it was that person's spirit that still wande_ed there. How true that was I don't know but what I do know is our dogs often picked up on something there.

Brighton - even Hove!

Just because there’s no ‘proof’ that things exist isn’t proof that they don’t.

There’s a lot we don’t yet understand but shouldn’t be so shortsighted and yet arrogant to assume that because we don’t understand, can’t see, can’t measure, can’t control, can’t ‘prove’ some phenomena that they don’t exist or have a cause.

"Pooch regularly looks up where I have a picture of my Mum and just stares . Never barks or growls , just stares for ages . No idea what it means buy they say dogs can sense spirits . No idea if it's true but it is unsettling.

I was a dog handler in the RAF and one of my postings was at a base in Lincolnshire. There was a particular part of the base that was a bomb storage facility. A large area was where bomb trolleys were sto_ed under Dutch Barns. One evening my dog stopped dead and turned to face into an area and his hackles rose. He didn't bark or growl, just stood there staring ahead. I tried to move him away but he wouldn't move. His body language and lack of barking or growling wasn't usual. I gave a strong tug on his lead and eventually he moved away with me. I decided to turn around and go back to the spot where he had stopped. This time he happily walked to and around the area, no problems. When I mentioned the event to other dog handlers a couple said that they'd experienced the same thing. Someone said that many years before the site became an airfield it was farmland and there'd been a farm machinery accident and someone had been killed, and it was that person's spirit that still wande_ed there. How true that was I don't know but what I do know is our dogs often picked up on something there. "

Animals pick up on these things bro. I've seen it many of times before. I want on an investigation once and tried something new. I took my cat along with me and carried her around while the investigation was taking place.

Everything was quiet that night until about 2am. Me and the cat walked in to the cellar (basement) and sat for about 15 mins. Then she started hissing at a big mirror leaning against the wall. Next thing I know..... The cat scratched my face (quite bad too, she only just missed my eye) so I would let her go and she ran straight upstairs to my investigation team in the van and refused to move for hours on end. It was one of them moments I wished I had my camera with me.

"Just because there’s no ‘proof’ that things exist isn’t proof that they don’t.

There’s a lot we don’t yet understand but shouldn’t be so shortsighted and yet arrogant to assume that because we don’t understand, can’t see, can’t measure, can’t control, can’t ‘prove’ some phenomena that they don’t exist or have a cause. "

I couldn't have said this any better myself brother. Love you're logic here.

"There's a house close to where I live and no one seems to settle there. Someone I know that didn't believe in ghosts rented the property and he won't go any where near it now.

He said he woke up one night as his room went freezing.He went to get up and there was a guy stood at the bottom of his bed stairing at him dressed in old miners clothes.He cove_ed his head with the sheets and it stayed freezing cold in there for ages so he looked again and he was still there.He cove_ed his head again and the room went instantly warm and He was gone. He ran downstairs and left the house and went to his parents as he was that sca_ed.

He asked about the house and the old guy that lives next door to it said a miner years ago came home and found his wife cheating so weeks later he went to the bedroom and put a mine detonator in his mouth and blew his head off.

The girl that moved in after him ran out of the house screaming in the early hours of the morning and everyone that moves in there seem to leave abruptly.

I'm not saying I've seen it or believe but I know the guy who lived there and he's not a lier and I could see how sca_ed he was and it's a massive coincidence that no one stays there for more than a few weeks. "

If that was even slightly possible for a room to cool and warm instantly would take a massive amount of energy. This would be measurable. No device has ever measu_ed any happenings like this.

It's all tricks of the mind

There’s a lot we don’t yet understand but shouldn’t be so shortsighted and yet arrogant to assume that because we don’t understand, can’t see, can’t measure, can’t control, can’t ‘prove’ some phenomena that they don’t exist or have a cause. "

Well ok if you cannot prove it exists. You can sure prove it doesn't.

There are measuring tools that could detect a mobile on the moon and single photons of light. If these ghosts existed we would be able to prove it.

There’s a lot we don’t yet understand but shouldn’t be so shortsighted and yet arrogant to assume that because we don’t understand, can’t see, can’t measure, can’t control, can’t ‘prove’ some phenomena that they don’t exist or have a cause.

There are measuring tools that could detect a mobile on the moon and single photons of light. If these ghosts existed we would be able to prove it."

I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree with pretty much everything you've said here.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

A cleaner I used to say good morning and goodnight to at work was off for some time. I saw him again one day, greeted him and he nodded in return, I saw him ride away on his bike too. Mentioned it to a colleague who told me he'd died about six weeks previously Wow

This has happened to me a couple not times. I saw an old lady standing by the church gates who was well known to my family. Went home and said to mum that I'd seen Mrs Smith she replied that I must be mistaken as she'd recently died.

I have no doubts that in either case , a dead person had certainly not re appea_ed in any context , for me experiencing such an event I'd want to understand the psychologically behind my delusion

I regularly see people and mistake their identities I'm sure its perfectly human to do so and to convince oneself

I'd suggest arrogance of highest order to suggest one is not fallible under such circumstances, human brains fill in gaps and make up stories to fit , WITHOUT conscious knowledge

Check the reems of conflicting police witness statements for data illustrating the plasticity and creative nature of our brain

No one knows if they are seeing an optical illusion until the illusion is presented and even then the brain is still often convinced ( see hollow mask illusions)

Thus despite being utterly convinced you have seen something, there is zero way for you to know if it was an illusion and repeatedly declaring you were not fooled is evidence of nothing other than you underestimate your subconscious, the complexity of the brain and an over confidence that you're immune to the human condition of being easily sensory deceived x

"

as I said I have posted my experiences before and I usually say I have no explanation. I don't make any claims nor do I repeatedly declare I was not fooled.

West Wales

"Pooch regularly looks up where I have a picture of my Mum and just stares . Never barks or growls , just stares for ages . No idea what it means buy they say dogs can sense spirits . No idea if it's true but it is unsettling.

I was a dog handler in the RAF and one of my postings was at a base in Lincolnshire. There was a particular part of the base that was a bomb storage facility. A large area was where bomb trolleys were sto_ed under Dutch Barns. One evening my dog stopped dead and turned to face into an area and his hackles rose. He didn't bark or growl, just stood there staring ahead. I tried to move him away but he wouldn't move. His body language and lack of barking or growling wasn't usual. I gave a strong tug on his lead and eventually he moved away with me. I decided to turn around and go back to the spot where he had stopped. This time he happily walked to and around the area, no problems. When I mentioned the event to other dog handlers a couple said that they'd experienced the same thing. Someone said that many years before the site became an airfield it was farmland and there'd been a farm machinery accident and someone had been killed, and it was that person's spirit that still wande_ed there. How true that was I don't know but what I do know is our dogs often picked up on something there. "

Our neighbour is ex MOD Police & he spent sometime in the far east. I don't recall exactly where but there are caves that the Japanese filled with Chinese when they invaded & either murde_ed or starved them to death..Thousands of them. He was a dog handler & in his words "They would attack a truck coming towards you at 40mph if you told them to" These dogs would not set foot within 100yds of the caves. None of the dogs would not even local strays.

S

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm open minded and, as a scientist, like scientific research to back up most things in the world. Most or all of the paranormal phenomena would revolutionise our understanding of the universe that we inhabit.

Presently there doesn't really seem to be evidence other than anecdotal reports, so there doesn't appear to be much that gives the supporting confidence backing up the claims and beliefs. I'd say that whilst there's much that we don't yet know about life, the paranormal phenomena aren't so likely to exist.

"I'm open minded and, as a scientist, like scientific research to back up most things in the world. Most or all of the paranormal phenomena would revolutionise our understanding of the universe that we inhabit.

Presently there doesn't really seem to be evidence other than anecdotal reports, so there doesn't appear to be much that gives the supporting confidence backing up the claims and beliefs. I'd say that whilst there's much that we don't yet know about life, the paranormal phenomena aren't so likely to exist."

Very diplomatic way of telling people to grow the fook up!! Lol

By *nderIwonder.Man  over a year ago

2nd City

Deffo

Forum Mod

East Sussex

There's another thread running about soul mates on which those of us who say we don't think they exist have been called soulless.

It seems some of us can't win

"There's another thread running about soul mates on which those of us who say we don't think they exist have been called soulless.

It seems some of us can't win "

We are all soulless as souls don’t exist

Brighton - even Hove!

There are measuring tools that could detect a mobile on the moon and single photons of light. If these ghosts existed we would be able to prove it."

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. We might not yet have the technology to ‘measure’ ghosts. Not being able to do something doesn’t mean that paranormal activity doesn’t exist.

"There's another thread running about soul mates on which those of us who say we don't think they exist have been called soulless.

We are all soulless as souls don’t exist "

glad you put the word 'all' between the others.

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Boo

Feck nearly shat myself

I think mobile signals and wifi have disrupted the existence of some happenings. Such as there were sightings for years but since mobile masts arrived at a location there have been none.

There are measuring tools that could detect a mobile on the moon and single photons of light. If these ghosts existed we would be able to prove it.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. We might not yet have the technology to ‘measure’ ghosts. Not being able to do something doesn’t mean that paranormal activity doesn’t exist. "

Really?

"I think mobile signals and wifi have disrupted the existence of some happenings. Such as there were sightings for years but since mobile masts arrived at a location there have been none."

Joke right??

We are all soulless as souls don’t exist

glad you put the word 'all' between the others. "

Why?

Ive got a few friends and family that have very weird things happen in their houses. Like stuff flying off shelves, things falling over, tvs going on or off. I've been there myself to see I t a few times and have no other way to explain what happened, so it's a yes from me.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. We might not yet have the technology to ‘measure’ ghosts. Not being able to do something doesn’t mean that paranormal activity doesn’t exist. "

there's no proof of lions in my garden

Ergo my garden has no lions

People like to use science to try and prove these things, when that science is used to disprove it all then that science suddenly isn't good enough.

cambridgeshire

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. We might not yet have the technology to ‘measure’ ghosts. Not being able to do something doesn’t mean that paranormal activity doesn’t exist. there's no proof of lions in my garden

Ergo my garden has no lions

People like to use science to try and prove these things, when that science is used to disprove it all then that science suddenly isn't good enough. "

I'm sure it was lion shit I tried in when I was in your garden perving through your window

cambridgeshire

Trod in..

I've seen a few things that at first experience appea_ed weird, but can all be explained, even tricks of the mind. One thing I can't explain is a very disturbing dream that actually happened about two weeks later. Not to the same detail, but the same context. Sca_ed the crap out of me, especially as I rarely dream, or rarely remember them.

» Add a new message to this topic