FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Car insurance renewal

Car insurance renewal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just read my car insurance reminder and they want a £120! more than last year and nothing has changed.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Every year since year dot.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I always get quotes from elsewhere and always, always ring them and ask how they can improve the price without changing my level of cover.

That's a huge increase, has anything changed?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Pretty standard. I change mine every year. Same as most insurances

Happens every year even with about 18 yrs no claims bonus. I queried it with my last insurance provider and was told, its because we have to pay for all the uninsured drivers. I said that's not very fair and they told me, sorry but someone has to pay for them. I was fuming after I hung up.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"I just read my car insurance reminder and they want a £120! more than last year and nothing has changed.

Has anyone else had this happen? "

Go ask the meerkat or the fat opera singer to quote you happy.

Just had mine through and been looking about and already found something cheaper, will now be phoning my insurance company up on Monday and seeing what they can do .it pays to look about

"I always get quotes from elsewhere and always, always ring them and ask how they can improve the price without changing my level of cover.

That's a huge increase, has anything changed?"

Yes just over £120. It is a huge increase and nothing changed.

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

Mine dropped by £30 last time it was renewed. I haven't change provider, nor have I changed my car.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"I just read my car insurance reminder and they want a £120! more than last year and nothing has changed.

Renewed mine yesterday but had to move company. They put mine up £120, then knocked off £60. I just don't get it?

No claims or changes in last month. I paid £316

They price matched 2 weeks ago when I was talking to them.

When I go check for car insurance quotes on moneysupermarket site ,I've noticed when I check for quotes on a Sunday between 2pm and 9pm my car insurance is a lot cheaper like £600 to £800 difference.

Just call them and ask for a re-quote and if they come back with the same then just tell them that you will be ringing around and may get back to them if theirs is the best you can find.

Never pay ininstallments as they always try to renew at the highest price/

There was a small increase last year and when I phoned them.. They asked if I had any quotes to beat.

But why can't they just tell me their best price?!

Has anyone else had this happen? When I go check for car insurance quotes on moneysupermarket site ,I've noticed when I check for quotes on a Sunday between 2pm and 9pm my car insurance is a lot cheaper like £600 to £800 difference."

I've noticed that before too. Different times different prices.

I thought they all put the prices up as standard OP. They hope people can't be arsed to change companies.

Has anyone else had this happen? When I go check for car insurance quotes on moneysupermarket site ,I've noticed when I check for quotes on a Sunday between 2pm and 9pm my car insurance is a lot cheaper like £600 to £800 difference."

I wonder why is that

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I always get quotes from elsewhere and always, always ring them and ask how they can improve the price without changing my level of cover.

I rang mine to see if they could improve on the £30 increase,they couldn't so I went elsewhere anyway. I did find it cheaper.

[Removed by poster at 14/09/19 18:11:20]

Has anyone else had this happen? When I go check for car insurance quotes on moneysupermarket site ,I've noticed when I check for quotes on a Sunday between 2pm and 9pm my car insurance is a lot cheaper like £600 to £800 difference.

I've noticed that before too. Different times different prices.

I thought they all put the prices up as standard OP. They hope people can't be arsed to change companies. "

I can't be arsed to change companies to be honest. I'm not good with shopping online, it's not my thing. It does my head in.

I will find a few insurance broker numbers and ask them.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I had this with Tesco insurance, I'd been named driver on my husbands business policy for years

Got my own insurance through Tesco when we split, as was cheapest quote.

But it went up every year for no reason.

After 3rd year I changed to RSA

Been with them 10yrs now

I pay peanuts, fully comp, eldest son on my policy, and they price match every year if I can find a cheaper deal.

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

The insurgence companies monitor the fab forums through Sydney University logarithms and find the lazy fekkers who are likley to accept their lot and up the renewal price. Shhh don't tell everyone buy I have this info on good authority.

All the time. I never renew with the same company.

Yup!

Worst was the AA after someone else crashed into the back of me, refused to chase the claim saying that my car was too old, so I followed up the claim myself.

Renewal they wanted an extra £300 stating the accident!!

I was like wtf! The accident I was found to not be at fault for! And the accident they refused to put a claim in for! :/

It's standard, they rely on people forgetting or not being bothered to shop around.

My renewel went up by £87 and when i called them they said "Incidents and accidents have increased in your area over the last year"

When i said that may well be the case but none of them involved me they wouldnt budge. I took my business elsewhere

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Yes. Pisses me off when you ring up and they offer you a better deal.

No. Rude! Should have offered that in the first place.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Every year. I just search for a better deal and then ring and tell old company I do not wish to renew. At this point they always ask why and then when told i have found it cheaper say they will match it. I always tell them no thanks as if they couldn't offer me that in the first place I have no desire to stay with them.

"The insurgence companies monitor the fab forums through Sydney University logarithms and find the lazy fekkers who are likley to accept their lot and up the renewal price. Shhh don't tell everyone buy I have this info on good authority. "

Oops

"It's standard, they rely on people forgetting or not being bothered to shop around. "

Exactly this.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

My friend at work saved £350 by going elsewhere, her insurance company admitted that even though her circumstances hadn't changed, the costs were constantly going up, there is no points for loyalty now a days!

it’s worth just trying one of the price comparison websites you probably will get a cheaper quote to take back to your insurance company to see if they will match it

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Renewal premium doubled for no reason whatsoever.

For love nor money, I am unable to get a quote for less than £500...which was the norm last year and year before...

I always get a cheaper quote then get my insurer to match it

Ring up,tell them you'd like to go with them but you've better quote,saves changing company and I've always had price same or less than best online quotes,just relying on people being too lazy too change

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

largley down to levels of crime in your postcode over last 12 months .thats any crime theft vandalism anti social behavior the lot every time the police are called to your postcode it goes against hour premium .so dont have a pair of d*unks who fight every weekend as your neighbours

Money supermarket quotes were bad! I got £30 less from last year on gocompare, always bedt to shop around

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

Is it Brexit?

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Wow This thread making me so horny feel like fucking a meerkat a Admiral and opera singer in a insurance fuelled gangbang..

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

They try and hook you up with a more expensive provider - they get more commission that way.

I always query mine and they always find a policy that has the same cover for the same price as the previous year.

I believe the autorenewal rules are changing next year so expect insurance brokers will have to up their game and not rely on people not checking the renewal letter...

Last year after I’d had an accident my quote went up by £25 but after shopping around this was the best quote so I stayed with the same company. This year no accident or changes and it went up by £65!! I rang them to cancel and they asked what the cheapest quote was, I told them I’d got it £25 cheaper and they beat it. I’ll be doing that again next year for sure

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

My renewal quote was higher so went on comparison sites and the price quoted by same company was higher. However, the same company quoted less than I was currently paying for a far superior cover.

Rang them up to discuss. They wouldn't lower the premium on my policy but would switch me to the better one at a lower cost.

Just doesn't make sense.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

its because they use profits from loyal customers to subsidise new customers all about market share

By *rs-Naughty_Mr-CuddlesCouple  over a year ago

Nr coleford

It's also the job you do makes insurance dearer

Every time a renewal comes through I search for a new quote usually I find one and swap I never ring old one to try and beat it no loyalty from me as never had from them

» Add a new message to this topic