FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Motivation

Motivation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What gets you motivated to get out there and exercise?

I used to be active in my late teens, early 20's cycling. I was out u days a week

Now that I need to lose the weight, I can't get motivated to even walk to the shop.

I find any excuse not to exercise. I find myself comparing the old fat bastard, to the young 20 something that was fit as a butchers dog.

Any tips on getting over the mental block of being old?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was in the same situation until very recently.

On holiday we did aqua gym every day and I felt the benefit but more importantly I really enjoyed it. Iv now been trying to find somewhere local I can do this regularly. So I would say find something you really enjoy.

Focus. Do it every time you don't want to. Make it a habit.

By *hezuMan  over a year ago

London

I get motivated knowing im the block of marble and the sculptor too

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"What gets you motivated to get out there and exercise?

I used to be active in my late teens, early 20's cycling. I was out u days a week

Now that I need to lose the weight, I can't get motivated to even walk to the shop.

I find any excuse not to exercise. I find myself comparing the old fat bastard, to the young 20 something that was fit as a butchers dog.

Any tips on getting over the mental block of being old? "

Your NOT old, and I should know.

Make the exercise doable to start. Dont work so hard your shagged out, its doing that, that puts you off.

Walk whenever possible, on your days off from work GO SOMEWHRE. The lakes, the seaside, anywhere that means you can have a good walk. If its an interesting place, it wont feel like exercise. Once youve started to get used to walking agood few miles, hopefully faster and faster, think about cycling then possibly running.

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

I got into walking when I wanted to lose a little weight..short round the block once a day till I was walking 10k everyday...made it interesting by visiting Scottish castles,they are always in the country and have nice walks nearby.

Try to into a routine of doing it every day at a similar time and after a few weeks it doesn’t feel so difficult

"What gets you motivated to get out there and exercise?

Any tips on getting over the mental block of being old? "

it really is a mind over matter thing, if you do not enjoy exercise its difficult to motivate yourself to do it, i like competive sport because if you like to win you push yourself harder

For me nowadays it's music..used to be extremendous sports fans now I'm a dancer..age is no barrier..I m doing the splits and contorting my body to the sound of music...lol

Need to find a realistic goal you want to achieve. Is it drop body fat %? Is it get generally fitter? Want to run 5k? Etc. Then plan how you are going to achieve this. Stick to it.

» Add a new message to this topic