FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A New Scammer...

A New Scammer...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Previously I told you about the lady who was almost scammed by a guy from Ivory Coast.

This week she told me she has a new man who will visit her end of September. This set alarm bells for me. She told me the following and she is completely besotted with him:

He is 54, an Argentinian architect, lives in Amsterdam, his son lives in America, his wife died 3 years ago of cancer.

He has been telling my friend he loves her day and night but since yesterday 6.30pm he has had to go to Cyprus for a ‘board meeting’. He said he will message when he lands there but no message yet.

HERE is the crucial thing, normally the Africans pretending to be white Frenchmen do not do video calls but this one did video call with her and appeared as in picture. Do you think African scammers can fake video calls where a video is playing whilst they speak to you?

What do you think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I think your friend is a fool.

ONE more thing guys...his WhatsApp number is from Chicago, USA.

But if he is in Amsterdam, would he not have a local Whatsapp number? Why still use Chicago number.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not all scammers are from the same place

I think fools are fools. You crazy fool.....! (best BA voice)

"I think your friend is a fool. "

How can she stop falling for these scammers?

It’s two in almost a month. She fell for both of them.

"I think your friend is a fool.

It’s two in almost a month. She fell for both of them."

They can smell desperate

Is he African or South America? I feel a bit foolish.....

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"

ONE more thing guys...his WhatsApp number is from Chicago, USA.

But if he is in Amsterdam, would he not have a local Whatsapp number? Why still use Chicago number. "

He would need another phone number

WhatsApp will work wherever you are via Wi-fi

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I think your friend is a fool.

It’s two in almost a month. She fell for both of them."

If they're saying they love her within a week of chatting online, alarm bells should be ringing for her. If she can't see that, just after already falling for a scammer last week, I don't know how you can make her.

"Is he African or South America? I feel a bit foolish..... "

No idea, his video call showed a white man as his picture does but it could be a video played during the call.

His number is from Chicago so I think he is from there.

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

With the new softwares it is possible that a video call can have a persons appearance altered. Looksery was already available a few years ago to do it, and software advances have flown since then.

"I think your friend is a fool. "
whos the more foolish

The fool or the fool that follows him?

He sent her a meme saying ‘waking up next to someone you love reduces stress and illness’ and then sent her a picture of his manhood. Isn’t that sending mixed messages?

This is like the internet safety awareness for kids that my daughter does at school. If you don't know them from real life, they're not your friend!

Why would a sexy fit young guy or girl be interested in an old fat stranger from another country? Innit....

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I can't believe that she's fallen for something like this again. Sorry but either she's stupid or desperate.

"I can't believe that she's fallen for something like this again. Sorry but either she's stupid or desperate. "

Or made up.....

I think if this is for real the best thing you could do for your friend is get her off any kind of online dating, or wherever she's meeting them. I'm not sure she's cut out for it.

"I can't believe that she's fallen for something like this again. Sorry but either she's stupid or desperate. "

I will advise her to leave online dating for six months whilst she gets her head sorted. She is recently divorced so that may be the reason.

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan  over a year ago

Close

She needs to take a break from it all and go on an awareness course.

I'm still smarting from giving my bank details to a Princess from Ghana 10 years ago

I should stress that her divorce was completed few months ago so that may be the reason she has been vulnerable.

She left Fab to go and date and find a LTR. But she got almost scammed twice so far.

"I should stress that her divorce was completed few months ago so that may be the reason she has been vulnerable.

She left Fab to go and date and find a LTR. But she got almost scammed twice so far.

"

And "she's" happy with you talking about her on here?

Basically he hasn't video called at all plus WhatsApp is just a mobile number not a location number and can be used anywhere in the world using Wi-Fi.

Your lady friend needs to seriously talk to someone about internet safety and get meeting real people perhaps!

"This is like the internet safety awareness for kids that my daughter does at school. If you don't know them from real life, they're not your friend!

Why would a sexy fit young guy or girl be interested in an old fat stranger from another country? Innit.... "

Well he said he is 54, but he looks younger IMO.

She is 60/61 I think so the age gap wasn’t that big in theory. These scammers are clever and avoid being too obvs.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Previously I told you about the lady who was almost scammed by a guy from Ivory Coast.

This week she told me she has a new man who will visit her end of September. This set alarm bells for me. She told me the following and she is completely besotted with him:

He is 54, an Argentinian architect, lives in Amsterdam, his son lives in America, his wife died 3 years ago of cancer.

He has been telling my friend he loves her day and night but since yesterday 6.30pm he has had to go to Cyprus for a ‘board meeting’. He said he will message when he lands there but no message yet.

HERE is the crucial thing, normally the Africans pretending to be white Frenchmen do not do video calls but this one did video call with her and appeared as in picture. Do you think African scammers can fake video calls where a video is playing whilst they speak to you?

What do you think?"

I think your friend needs a good slap to bring her to her senses.

If he's an architect he's got professional qualifications so likely to be on linkedin or get your friend to ask him which firm he works for in Amsterdam and where the board meeting is in Cyprus.

Lots of architect firms list there employees on the company web site

Why has she got to wait for him to call, can't she call him ?

Introduce her to mr google

"I should stress that her divorce was completed few months ago so that may be the reason she has been vulnerable.

And "she's" happy with you talking about her on here? "

Chill out bro, this thread is about warning others and also for advice on how to help convince and guide her. It’s not easy advising someone who’s fallen for a scammer.

My previous thread was also very helpful because you guys have good advice. I’ve spent a lot of time helping a few different women from getting scammed. It’s common these days?

"Previously I told you about the lady who was almost scammed by a guy from Ivory Coast.

What do you think?

I think your friend needs a good slap to bring her to her senses.

If he's an architect he's got professional qualifications so likely to be on linkedin or get your friend to ask him which firm he works for in Amsterdam and where the board meeting is in Cyprus.

Lots of architect firms list there employees on the company web site

Why has she got to wait for him to call, can't she call him ?

Introduce her to mr google"

She called him already but he didn’t pick up phone. They never discussed Linkedin but I asked her to get his Facebook.

Im sure he will message later and say he got mugged or lost his passport etc.

I will update you all what happens.

And "she's" happy with you talking about her on here?

Chill out bro, this thread is about warning others and also for advice on how to help convince and guide her. It’s not easy advising someone who’s fallen for a scammer.

My previous thread was also very helpful because you guys have good advice. I’ve spent a lot of time helping a few different women from getting scammed. It’s common these days?

"

Crazy world innit......

Can you help me find a better job, mine is shit and the hours are too long, its messing with my fab time....?

If she wants a man get her on here get her to the local clubs. There are still scammers but she can do more to protect herself like having a social or meeting in a club.

It has been known to find a long term partnership on here too.

If anyone wants, I can give you his number in a PM and you can see his WhatsApp picture.

This could get interesting....

"This could get interesting.... "

He even offered to move to uk and buy a house. Can you believe that? Hasn’t met her but wants to move countries.

Have you actually met this friend of yours, in person?

Definitely a scan but she's a fool so leave her to him

What do you think?"

you cynic

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Sometimes you can't save people from themselves and just have to let them walk into a minefield until they've no limbs left and then they "might" start to listen.

Get her to pm me as I've got a half brother who is a billionaire Nigerian prince.

He can't get his money out of the country so he just needs a little help and her bank details to transfer the money into.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

How do you know which is in each shoulder? It might be the angel saying do it

Some of these scammers are so good. A lot of them play the long con and are so good you end up offering them money before they even ask. The second money is mentioned you will know for certain if he is a scammer.

"How do you know which is in each shoulder? It might be the angel saying do it"

Wrong post lovely

"Have you actually met this friend of yours, in person? "

Yes I have, but why does that matter?

Basically the previous scam I saw the messages on her phone and told her it’s a scammer straight away.

This time she sent me the message log from WhatsApp.

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

"

And did she ever get scammed on Fab? Maybe we aren’t all charming Argentinian architects, but at least we are real (if many of us pollocks!).

"Sometimes you can't save people from themselves and just have to let them walk into a minefield until they've no limbs left and then they "might" start to listen.

Get her to pm me as I've got a half brother who is a billionaire Nigerian prince.

He can't get his money out of the country so he just needs a little help and her bank details to transfer the money into."

Lol

"How do you know which is in each shoulder? It might be the angel saying do it"

You're on the wrong thread pmsl

By *asilForty77Man  over a year ago

a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road

you have a pigeon in your bank account

"Have you actually met this friend of yours, in person?

Basically the previous scam I saw the messages on her phone and told her it’s a scammer straight away.

This time she sent me the message log from WhatsApp. "

I was just wondering whether it was her making this up or you.....?

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

If i had a friend like that i’d have to distance myself, they would set my anxiety levels off with their persistent dramas

By *iss behaving2019Woman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Highly likely

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Obviously if he lives in Amsterdam he will be expecting her to go Dutch with him on a date. Nay, nay and thrice nay, say I.

Why don't you just tell her to google online scamming? It'll give her all the info she needs? Rather than all this drama ...

"If i had a friend like that i’d have to distance myself, they would set my anxiety levels off with their persistent dramas "

That’s why I set up this and the previous thread. Firstly to raise awareness to save others and secondly to get help on how to handle it.

"Why don't you just tell her to google online scamming? It'll give her all the info she needs? Rather than all this drama ..."

It’s a case of google vs her being messaged by this guy day and night saying he loves her etc and her falling for it.

I was just wondering whether it was her making this up or you.....? "

No, I’m not that creative to make something like this or previous thread up and I know her well, she is a very honest woman which is probably why they targeted her.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"If i had a friend like that i’d have to distance myself, they would set my anxiety levels off with their persistent dramas

That’s why I set up this and the previous thread. Firstly to raise awareness to save others and secondly to get help on how to handle it. "

To be honest, i think anyone who is as easily taken in by someone, not once, but twice in a month, has other issues going on that may need to be addressed.

She sounds like a vulnerable adult.

Turn the tables, play the game, ask him for money, ask for it in Bit coins give him the big sob sob story.

"If i had a friend like that i’d have to distance myself, they would set my anxiety levels off with their persistent dramas

That’s why I set up this and the previous thread. Firstly to raise awareness to save others and secondly to get help on how to handle it.

To be honest, i think anyone who is as easily taken in by someone, not once, but twice in a month, has other issues going on that may need to be addressed.

"

Do you think she should talk to her doctor about this? Or go somewhere like the local priest etc?

What is the best place for such support?

Where the hell is she finding these guys and I think you just need to be frank with her. How can someone fall in love with someone they don't know never mind met. He may not be a scammer he may just be deluded too but someone needs to talk directly to her

Do you think she should talk to her doctor about this? Or go somewhere like the local priest etc?

"

Probably not here OP.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"

Get her to watch Carry on Camping with you and when Charles Hawtrey appears say ‘that’s you, that it’.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I was just wondering whether it was her making this up or you.....? "

Same!!

"

My thoughts too

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I think my 15yro is more 'Internet savvy' than your friend.

You need to give her a serious talking too, she sounds like she's quite gullible & needs help x

"If anyone wants, I can give you his number in a PM and you can see his WhatsApp picture."

Bingo. Anyone who takes this up is at tisk of revealing their phone number (via WA) to the other person. They then have your phone number to look you up on social media plus your fabswingers details. Everyone can see where this is going can't they?

"I think my 15yro is more 'Internet savvy' than your friend.

You need to give her a serious talking too, she sounds like she's quite gullible & needs help x"

Yes a lot of folk saying that.

I will send her a detailed message with a set of rules when it comes to online dating such as block anyone who isn’t uk based etc etc.

"If anyone wants, I can give you his number in a PM and you can see his WhatsApp picture.

Bingo. Anyone who takes this up is at tisk of revealing their phone number (via WA) to the other person. They then have your phone number to look you up on social media plus your fabswingers details. Everyone can see where this is going can't they?"

You’re right, I won’t give his number to anyone then. Not that checking his picture will give your detail away to him unless you message him

Get her to watch Carry on Camping with you and when Charles Hawtrey appears say ‘that’s you, that it’. "

Lol.

Am I missing something here? How can people check your Fab profile from your number?

OP, several years ago when I was first divorced and changed my FB status accordingly the scammer messages started flooding in. The number of men who were suddenly in love with my smile was ridiculous so yes they are queuing up for recently divorced and vulnerable women. It’s sad. I just changed my security and status. Perhaps she should review her profile so she doesn’t stand out to the scammers?

Just show her this thread?

This time she sent me the message log from WhatsApp. "

I wondered the same. In case your friend is 'herself' actually a scammer, pretending to be in trouble and needing 'help' from men who will feel sorry for 'her'.

"If anyone wants, I can give you his number in a PM and you can see his WhatsApp picture.

Bingo. Anyone who takes this up is at tisk of revealing their phone number (via WA) to the other person. They then have your phone number to look you up on social media plus your fabswingers details. Everyone can see where this is going can't they?"

It appears not....

"Am I missing something here? How can people check your Fab profile from your number?

OP, several years ago when I was first divorced and changed my FB status accordingly the scammer messages started flooding in. The number of men who were suddenly in love with my smile was ridiculous so yes they are queuing up for recently divorced and vulnerable women. It’s sad. I just changed my security and status. Perhaps she should review her profile so she doesn’t stand out to the scammers?"

Good point about relationship status updates.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Bingo. Anyone who takes this up is at tisk of revealing their phone number (via WA) to the other person. They then have your phone number to look you up on social media plus your fabswingers details. Everyone can see where this is going can't they?

You’re right, I won’t give his number to anyone then. Not that checking his picture will give your detail away to him unless you message him

"

You shouldn't be giving anybody's number out without their permission. It doesn't matter who you think they are.

You had great advice in the last thread you started about your unfortunate friend. If she didn't take any notice of that she's not going to take any notice this time.

"Just show her this thread? "

I think the whole world needs to see this thread! Seriously ppl..... ....I'm disappointed in the human race tonight....

I wondered the same. In case your friend is 'herself' actually a scammer, pretending to be in trouble and needing 'help' from men who will feel sorry for 'her'."

I respect your right to think that. I would only say that romance scamming has cost uk people £30-50 million with a 30% rise each year. Those figures were on news many times.

It’s a real problem for which thousands of victims exist.

I wondered the same. In case your friend is 'herself' actually a scammer, pretending to be in trouble and needing 'help' from men who will feel sorry for 'her'.

I respect your right to think that. I would only say that romance scamming has cost uk people £30-50 million with a 30% rise each year. Those figures were on news many times.

It’s a real problem for which thousands of victims exist. "

Getting creepy now......

"Just show her this thread?

I think the whole world needs to see this thread! Seriously ppl..... ....I'm disappointed in the human race tonight.... "

Your replies are hilarious.

You shouldn't be giving anybody's number out without their permission. It doesn't matter who you think they are.

You had great advice in the last thread you started about your unfortunate friend. If she didn't take any notice of that she's not going to take any notice this time."

Your right and I won’t give his number out to anyone.

And she did listen last time and dropped that guy but unfortunately fell for another guy this time.

"Just show her this thread?

I think the whole world needs to see this thread! Seriously ppl..... ....I'm disappointed in the human race tonight....

Your replies are hilarious. "

Seriously though you should show her this thread because it's a lot of people saying the same thing! Plus her mental health wellbeing does need addressing and as a friend, maybe a push in the right direction wouldn't go amiss

It’s a real problem for which thousands of victims exist. "

I'm not saying it's not real. I was just wondering in case you were unfortunately the one being scammed, trying to help someone.

There's campaigns and adverts all over about these scams. You can't force her to take notice.

When she gets scammed perhaps she will ask you for money to help her out.

Getting creepy now...... "

What's creepy?

I'm not saying it's not real. I was just wondering in case you were unfortunately the one being scammed, trying to help someone.

There's campaigns and adverts all over about these scams. You can't force her to take notice.

When she gets scammed perhaps she will ask you for money to help her out. "

Lol, yes I understand where you’re coming from. Actually she’s in no position to give money but I warned her that these scammers will encourage her to borrow money and send it to them etc.

She does listen, she just needs to digest it fully. I will make sure she gets all of the advice from everyone here. I’ll also make sure she leave dating for a few months to clear her head of the divorce etc.

Getting creepy now......

What's creepy?"

All this blatantly made up attention seeking stuff.... I guess it actually does demonstrate why ppl do get scammed. Ppl believe anything.....

You cannot legislate against stupid.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Same advise as last time. Restrict dating to local people. Review ActionFraud.police advice and she should speak with their free online chat option with them or call them, explaining her complete experiences to date.

And she should provide any personal information whatsoever.

The rest of the story etc is superfluous.

Getting creepy now......

What's creepy?

All this blatantly made up attention seeking stuff.... I guess it actually does demonstrate why ppl do get scammed. Ppl believe anything..... "

Bro, not sure what your problem is, this forum is there for discussion and seeking advice. It’s a bit unfair to assume I’m a liar without any evidence.

You can also check my veris, I have quite a few female friends on Fab and outside, I’m not perfect but I take an interest to keep them safe that’s all.

(I know the thread seems strange but I assure you not a word was made up)

"Same advise as last time. Restrict dating to local people. Review ActionFraud.police advice and she should speak with their free online chat option with them or call them, explaining her complete experiences to date.

And she should provide any personal information whatsoever.

The rest of the story etc is superfluous.

"

Thanks for the advice again, I will write up a long message on my notes based on all the advice on here and then send it to my friend. She has already learned a lot from both experiences and hopefully this will set her on a path of safety and happiness.

Loneliness is a major problem in uk, that also makes a lot of men and women vulnerable to scams.

Getting creepy now......

What's creepy?

All this blatantly made up attention seeking stuff.... I guess it actually does demonstrate why ppl do get scammed. Ppl believe anything..... "

Who is attention seeking? The woman?

I can't help thinking that fonejacker did it best... George Owwowonbacka or whatever his name was.. "I just need your bank account details and sort code madame"

» Add a new message to this topic