FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Physics GCSE

Physics GCSE

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ightkitty4u OP   Woman  over a year ago

Epsom

Ok am contemplating doing the combined science GCSE, I missed those when I was a 'kid' long story...

Is Physics easy? all I know about Physics is the sexy Brian Cox, not sure he could tutor me and how much studying would get done!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Watch the big bang theory.

I would say physics is the easiest out of the 3.

It's basically just maths.

Also, my math teacher in school didn't understand how physics work and I had to correct her answer at 13

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

GSCEs shouldn't be too hard for an adult as long as you can put a bit of time in. A-levels would be noticeably harder.

"GSCEs shouldn't be too hard for an adult as long as you can put a bit of time in. A-levels would be noticeably harder. "

You say that but I don't remember half the stuff I've done in school.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I did Physics and Chemistry O Levels way back when I was at school, of the two I struggled with Physics more than I did Chemistry - however I do wonder how much as an adult the practical life experience would make understanding a subject like that easier. There's also the fact of you're doing it because you *want* to rather than *have* to to take into account so you'll be more motivated to take it in and take extra steps to understand it.

In it's most basic sense Physics is just the logical explanation of physical activities things like momentum, and different reactions to force etc - so if you can get your head round that kind of thing in a practical sense then it would help.

Epsom

"I would say physics is the easiest out of the 3.

Also, my math teacher in school didn't understand how physics work and I had to correct her answer at 13 "

Ooo you could tutor me

I got a E in maths, not my fave subject in the world... unless its working out how much I have to pay on my bills

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

It’s not that difficult. The textbooks now are a lot better than the dusty ones I used in the 1980s and had been doing service since the early ‘60s.

Also school back then was something to be endured, you’re doing this because you want to which means you’re much more likely to pass

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

I find a lot of physcis pretty easy to understand but i was crap at other subjects.

Its difficult to say if you'd find it easy or not as its down to your natural aptitude for certain things (i've always stuggled with languages, but give me a pile of black boxes and the the right cables and i'll probably get whatever it is working for you).

What do you want to do it for...just personal satisfaction?

Epsom

"Watch the big bang theory."

Sometimes I can keep up sometimes I cannot! hmmm

Not sure what that says about me

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've seen some of my yr11 child's physics homework....I have no clue!!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

From what I remember it was mostly remembering equations. I just used to come up with amusing acronyms for them like feel my arse for F=ma and intelligence is very overrated for I=V/R.

Epsom

"I find a lot of physcis pretty easy to understand but i was crap at other subjects.

Its difficult to say if you'd find it easy or not as its down to your natural aptitude for certain things (i've always stuggled with languages, but give me a pile of black boxes and the the right cables and i'll probably get whatever it is working for you).

What do you want to do it for...just personal satisfaction?"

That is a good question, personal satisfaction, and maybe a career change into a more scientific area, like Marine biologist, oceanology or weather girl...

"I would say physics is the easiest out of the 3.

Also, my math teacher in school didn't understand how physics work and I had to correct her answer at 13

Ooo you could tutor me

I got a E in maths, not my fave subject in the world... unless its working out how much I have to pay on my bills

"

I'm not that good

by the big field

"I find a lot of physcis pretty easy to understand but i was crap at other subjects.

That is a good question, personal satisfaction, and maybe a career change into a more scientific area, like Marine biologist, oceanology or weather girl... "

Have you checked what the fundamental requirements are for Marine Biology and Oceanography?

You should be good for a weather girl, decent boobs, cheeky smile and a basic knowledge of clouds is fine

Epsom

That is a good question, personal satisfaction, and maybe a career change into a more scientific area, like Marine biologist, oceanology or weather girl...

Have you checked what the fundamental requirements are for Marine Biology and Oceanography?

You should be good for a weather girl, decent boobs, cheeky smile and a basic knowledge of clouds is fine "

Yep have checked... need...

The key to becoming a successful marine biologist starts with a solid background in basic science—biology, chemistry, and yes, physics.

Weather girls are smart cookies you know...

What qualifications do you need to be a weather girl?

Minimum Requirements

Many meteorological job openings, especially those with local television newscasts, have low educational requirements for prospective hires. In most cases you only need to have a bachelor's degree in the atmospheric sciences or meteorology, or in a closely-related field such as physics.

Then we have Oceangrapher...

Oceanographers typically need at least a bachelor's degree for most entry-level positions. A geosciences degree is generally preferred by employers, although some oceanographers begin their careers with degrees in environmental science or engineering. Some oceanographer jobs require a master's degree.

So my being kicked out of mainsteam education aged 14 doesn't cut the mustard! even though I have a first class degree in a social science subject!

by the big field

"

Weather girls are smart cookies you know...

"

I know, used to work with a couple many years ago- they always knew who the senior bosses, millonaires and career influencers were- the lowly production minions barely got a 'hello' from them

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

I absolutely hated maths (And was forced to do first year degree level maths!) but loved physics as it gives...meaning to the maths, it's not just maths for the sake of it (as I saw it).

Epsom

"I absolutely hated maths (And was forced to do first year degree level maths!) but loved physics as it gives...meaning to the maths, it's not just maths for the sake of it (as I saw it). "

Ooo that is very helpful, as Maths GCSE is maths for the sake of it with no meaning/depth.

Johnny has 5 apples Lilly has 3 how many are there... who cares

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

How use are you to studying, have you done any since you left school. The subject should not be too hard in itself after all it is aimed at 14-16 year old. What you might find difficult is the actual act of studying and being disciplined enough to spend time each week learning on your own without distractions.

Epsom

"How use are you to studying, have you done any since you left school. The subject should not be too hard in itself after all it is aimed at 14-16 year old. What you might find difficult is the actual act of studying and being disciplined enough to spend time each week learning on your own without distractions."

Got a first class degree in June 2017...

So am ok with getting work done and focusing on what needs to be done

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"How use are you to studying, have you done any since you left school. The subject should not be too hard in itself after all it is aimed at 14-16 year old. What you might find difficult is the actual act of studying and being disciplined enough to spend time each week learning on your own without distractions.

Got a first class degree in June 2017...

So am ok with getting work done and focusing on what needs to be done "

In which case you will breeze it. Do the subject and enjoy it for what it is.

» Add a new message to this topic