FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > childhood inadequacies

childhood inadequacies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ovedupstill OP   Couple  over a year ago

mullinwire

do you carry any with you now in adulthood?

i dont mean anything physical, but rather mentally.

i was never really popular, either with the same, or opposite, sex, and i am still pretty much the same now.

i dont mix very well for fear of being rejected from a group, and always feed on any attention like a fat lad in a cake shop, sometimes to my own detriment (getting involved with women when i really shouldnt because they showed me some attention)

anyways, the floor is yours....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I used to be a bit like the above, but am much happier and content these days, never quite knew how to fit in when I was a kid, got bullied a lot... I still don't always fit in but now realize it's OK not to

Not really guess we are lucky but do know many who got over theirs.

mullinwire

"I still don't always fit in but now realize it's OK not to

"

thats beautiful.

x

i was always the bully when i was at school, i was bullied a lot at home so i used to go to school and take my anger out on the other kids because it made me feel i wasnt this weak worthless person i was told i was at home, other kids used to avoid me as they thought i was tough but inside i was just a child putting on a show to hide my hurt

As an adult i always settled for relationships i wasnt happy with because my home life as a child was so unhappy i just accepted this was my life, to be unhappy

Now days im so different, ive been single for 3 years now and never been so happy, i have come to realise that i dont need anyone in my life and i dont have to be unhappy, i just wish i had realised this while i was young before life had passed me by

" i just wish i had realised this while i was young before life had passed me by "

Snap!

mullinwire

"i was always the bully when i was at school, i was bullied a lot at home so i used to go to school and take my anger out on the other kids because it made me feel i wasnt this weak worthless person i was told i was at home, other kids used to avoid me as they thought i was tough but inside i was just a child putting on a show to hide my hurt

As an adult i always settled for relationships i wasnt happy with because my home life as a child was so unhappy i just accepted this was my life, to be unhappy

Now days im so different, ive been single for 3 years now and never been so happy, i have come to realise that i dont need anyone in my life and i dont have to be unhappy, i just wish i had realised this while i was young before life had passed me by "

ah, you say that, but you have 3 years until life begins, so you are ahead of the curve, so to speak.

"ah, you say that, but you have 3 years until life begins, so you are ahead of the curve, so to speak."

nah my life will begin when my youngest is old enough to care for herself lol

mullinwire

"ah, you say that, but you have 3 years until life begins, so you are ahead of the curve, so to speak.

"

we say the same about Em's. how long you got? hers is jsut turning 10 so a while til we can legally throw him out lol

My parents brought me up, to their ideals, to be a prim and proper young lady. Anything to do with sexuality or nudity was a big no no, to the extent that it was insinuated it was dirty and seedy unless it was for procreation.

I have somewhat got over it and am open, to a degree, with my children. I haven't been able to shift the nudity thing and feel very uncomfortable being completely naked and I struggle to change in front of people. I am getting better tho. I stood in a fetish shop communal changing room topless with just a pair of knickers on whilst the assistant was bring me various leather outfits to try on. I felt I achieved a lot that day. Also photos and topless pics of me, I feel are a big achievement.

I have changed a lot since shildhood though. I used to be a timid little thing, not speaking out or giving opinions. I had no choice but to get over that as I wanted certain careers which demanded assertive behaviour. Now its second nature, I am not worried at all about standing up and talking. I used to blush a lot when I first started working though

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

"

Now days im so different, ive been single for 3 years now and never been so happy, i have come to realise that i dont need anyone in my life and i dont have to be unhappy, i just wish i had realised this while i was young before life had passed me by "

You are only 37yrs old!!

Plenty life left in you

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

"

"

Just one of many reasons im glad I had mine young

" i just wish i had realised this while i was young before life had passed me by

Snap! "

for goodness sake you two hasn't passed you by its still happening so make the most of every second here and now ya still got years left to go ya loons

yes'um

i think i did carry a lot from my childhood into adulthood too much to bore you all with but i'm fairly certain i've shaken it all off now and am totally free of all my childhood insecurities and have been for a good few years thankfully

» Add a new message to this topic