FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Self confidence

Self confidence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *DreamOfGenie OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

After spending the last few days surrounded by uber beautiful supermodels (London Fashion Week)...it's been 3 days of feeling guilty every time I eat something, and a constant nagging feeling I should be at the gym

I know it's silly but you can't help it sometimes - even though I love having my curves it does highlight that I should have less of them!

Anyone else feel the same at times? What do you do when you have a bit of a crisis of confidence?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"After spending the last few days surrounded by uber beautiful supermodels (London Fashion Week)...it's been 3 days of feeling guilty every time I eat something, and a constant nagging feeling I should be at the gym

I know it's silly but you can't help it sometimes - even though I love having my curves it does highlight that I should have less of them!

Anyone else feel the same at times? What do you do when you have a bit of a crisis of confidence? "

I meditate, then do something proactive

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

On the very rare occasion i've had a crisis in confidence I set myself to tackling the reasons that provoke it in the first place

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"On the very rare occasion i've had a crisis in confidence I set myself to tackling the reasons that provoke it in the first place "

Very wise, Old Man.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I listen to some bad bitch music.

London

"

I meditate, then do something proactive

"

Meditation seems like a great way to refocus...I keep meaning to give it a try

London

"On the very rare occasion i've had a crisis in confidence I set myself to tackling the reasons that provoke it in the first place "

Good approach - not sure there's much I can do about not being a catwalk 6ft+, but the rest...yes!

London

"I listen to some bad bitch music.

"

Love this!

By *atisfying jackMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"After spending the last few days surrounded by uber beautiful supermodels (London Fashion Week)...it's been 3 days of feeling guilty every time I eat something, and a constant nagging feeling I should be at the gym

Anyone else feel the same at times? What do you do when you have a bit of a crisis of confidence? "

Just think of the hell they have to put themselves through to stay like that though, most will end up bulimic or have some form of eating disorder to stay ahead of the game.

I'm sure you are fine exactly as you are, I know we all look around us and compare ourselves but be happy in who you are...I bet you're personality is 100% better than theirs and I bet you have a happier life.

London

"

Just think of the hell they have to put themselves through to stay like that though, most will end up bulimic or have some form of eating disorder to stay ahead of the game.

I'm sure you are fine exactly as you are, I know we all look around us and compare ourselves but be happy in who you are...I bet you're personality is 100% better than theirs and I bet you have a happier life.

"

One girl arrived for the casting a few mins early, went straight to the toilets and threw up before her session time

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"I listen to some bad bitch music.

Love this!"

Lots of playlists on spotify - highly recommend it

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's all about self acceptance, self love and self compassion for me. I'm doing the best I can. The best doesn't mean running myself ragged, either, it means what is reasonable for me that will preserve my resources for everything else I need to do.

It's an individual path, and my journey won't look like anyone else's. (Meditation helps me, alongside a bucket load of other things)

ashby de la zouch

"On the very rare occasion i've had a crisis in confidence I set myself to tackling the reasons that provoke it in the first place

Good approach - not sure there's much I can do about not being a catwalk 6ft+, but the rest...yes!"

No but you can do a lot about acceptance of anything that you cannot change , and positively change anything you feel you want and can

This is part of the meditation

Find the cause for why a height difference needlessly affects you , media , propaganda , idiots ?

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Anyone else feel the same at times? What do you do when you have a bit of a crisis of confidence?

"

Okaaaay. I genuinely don't believe putting others down actually helps build your self confidence. It might be a temporary mood boost and alleviate the niggles for a hour or so but actual self confidence comes from within and knowing your worth. Not knocking/being disparaging about others.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Turn off my phone. Put on my favourite songs and put my fingers up to the world.

If it's any consolation OP. I don't find the usual catwalk fashion models all that attractive on the whole.

I get the impression many of them are suffering way more than you are right now as well.

Focus on yourself and don't compare.

By *atisfying jackMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"

One girl arrived for the casting a few mins early, went straight to the toilets and threw up before her session time "

Exactly, its not a life to have and certainly not a happy one.

While you're eating and drinking what you want and feeling guilty, they're doing exactly the same to you....wishing they could do just that.

The grass is always greener on the other side..... why change yourself into something you're not, be happy with yourself and the battle is won x

If I'm feeling worried about my wobbly bits I sometimes check out Body Posi Panda - I think she looks amazing so I try absorb some of her confidence!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BumU4h8HB1P/

ashby de la zouch

"

Personality I would prefer it if you attained your positivity by NOT putting others down , it only leads to future problems

Be you think positively about you, not negativity about those who may have triggered your emotion

"On the very rare occasion i've had a crisis in confidence I set myself to tackling the reasons that provoke it in the first place

Good approach - not sure there's much I can do about not being a catwalk 6ft+, but the rest...yes!"

Absolutely!

Manchester (she/her)

Comparison is the thief of joy. Whether that's "she's prettier than me" or "I don't want to be her, her life sucks".

Be OK with you. Don't worry about anyone else. (believe me, I struggle with this, but it's better when I get it)

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

As Freddie Mercury once sung 'I take a long ride on my Motorbike'

Only think about the road and the next corner, a great way to clear the mind

My crisisof confidence has been going on for about 30 years now, so I can't offer a solution. All I can suggest is finding people who you trust when they compliment you.

ashby de la zouch

"Comparison is the thief of joy. Whether that's "she's prettier than me" or "I don't want to be her, her life sucks".

Be OK with you. Don't worry about anyone else. (believe me, I struggle with this, but it's better when I get it) "

Although, I feel inspiration has a place x

London

"

Personality I would prefer it if you attained your positivity by NOT putting others down , it only leads to future problems

Be you think positively about you, not negativity about those who may have triggered your emotion"

Couldn't agree more - I didn't mean it disparagingly, they've all been lovely

By *xperimentalistMan  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Several wonderful, special people on here have done my self confidence no end of good.

I won't name them, and some won't even see this but thank you all

London

"If I'm feeling worried about my wobbly bits I sometimes check out Body Posi Panda - I think she looks amazing so I try absorb some of her confidence!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BumU4h8HB1P/"

Oh I love this!

London

"Several wonderful, special people on here have done my self confidence no end of good.

I won't name them, and some won't even see this but thank you all "

That's lovely

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

Very wise, Old Man. "

why the disparaging response ?

Manchester (she/her)

"Comparison is the thief of joy. Whether that's "she's prettier than me" or "I don't want to be her, her life sucks".

Be OK with you. Don't worry about anyone else. (believe me, I struggle with this, but it's better when I get it)

Although, I feel inspiration has a place x"

Oh absolutely. But I think the foundation has to be about you and you alone.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Dr Seb suggests a weekend break in beautiful Saffron Walden. I’ll pick you up from the station show you the delights of north Essex, (the California of England) feed you, share great wine. Generally indulge you. Only danger - you wouldn’t want to leave.

ashby de la zouch

"

Be you think positively about you, not negativity about those who may have triggered your emotion

Couldn't agree more - I didn't mean it disparagingly, they've all been lovely "

You did not come across that way at all

, your OP seemed , a little inspired a little deflated

Very wise, Old Man. "

I have my moments

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Others can give it.. and take it away... the key is learning to value yourself above all and finding your own peace

Manchester (she/her)

In terms of the nuts and bolts: you need to nourish your body to do all the things that make you a wonderful person to those around you. Doing too much at the gym is counterproductive.

London

"

Dr Seb suggests a weekend break in beautiful Saffron Walden. I’ll pick you up from the station show you the delights of north Essex, (the California of England) feed you, share great wine. Generally indulge you. Only danger - you wouldn’t want to leave. "

Well who am I to argue with the Dr's advice? Just packing my bags

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

embrace what like about yourself. remind yourself no one is perfect it doesn't matter how good they look from the outside. And that their look isn't the only hot look. Acceptance of yourself brings confidence and that shines through.

if something really is bothering take steps to work on it ..change it x

London

"

"

Deflated is a very good way of describing it, even though it's utterly stupid!

Manchester (she/her)

"

Deflated is a very good way of describing it, even though it's utterly stupid!"

You're entitled to your feelings. It's not stupid. Don't beat yourself up about it.

London

"

You're entitled to your feelings. It's not stupid. Don't beat yourself up about it. "

It's good to know I'm not the only one who gets irrational self consciousness...and I like hearing how others pick themselves up from it

Manchester (she/her)

"

You're entitled to your feelings. It's not stupid. Don't beat yourself up about it.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who gets irrational self consciousness...and I like hearing how others pick themselves up from it "

God no, I'm afraid you're not at all alone.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I surround myself with my friends who love me for who I am, they will always let me see my inner and outer beauty

London

"I surround myself with my friends who love me for who I am, they will always let me see my inner and outer beauty "

Love

» Add a new message to this topic