FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dom-sub relationship

Dom-sub relationship

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has or is is anyone in a Dom-sub relationship ???

Wats involved may I ask

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Well ... not personally

But from what I understand ...

1 is dominant, and the other subordinate

Hope that helps

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im not in a relationship

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"Well ... not personally

Hope that helps "

Very profound. Have you ever thought about being a teacher? You may have a real knack for it.

The dom-sub thing is a bit of mystery to us. We don't know why anybody would want to dominate or be dominated by anybody else.

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

"Well ... not personally

Hope that helps

Very profound. Have you ever thought about being a teacher? You may have a real knack for it.

The dom-sub thing is a bit of mystery to us. We don't know why anybody would want to dominate or be dominated by anybody else. "

It's been suggested before

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

Several, in fact it's the 'normal' form of relationship for both of us. Some features (such as Suzie's collar) have a particular and private meaning for us.

You could write a book on what a subDom relationship means, but for us the important thing is respect both ways.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Im not in a relationship "

*quack quack*

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Has or is is anyone in a Dom-sub relationship ???

Wats involved may I ask "

The answer to this is varied and depends on why you're asking to a degree.

If it's pure curiosity then there's a simple answer to it, if it's something that you're intrigued by and would like to be involved in then it's a very different answer...

What and why do you ask OP?

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

D/s means many things to many people OP and there is no single meaning - it covers a huge spectrum and essentially boils down to what two (or more) people involved in such a relationship agree it is from a position of knowledge and consent.

In most general terms though it will involve one partner being dominant over the other submissive partner.

How that dynamic plays out is as individual as the people involved though - for some it could simply be not much more than an occasional kinky roleplay to add spice to their sex life - for others it could be a 24/7 thing where the dominant has complete control even down to choosing how the submissive dresses and what they eat etc.

Similarly in terms of activities it could just be the dominant calling the shots as to when and how they have sex and using light restraint and blindfolds etc as part of that on an occasional basis - right up to fairly extreme whips and chains and beyond.

If you have an interest in that kind of relationship I'd suggest reading and finding out as much as you can about it and deciding where you think you sit on that spectrum and what your interests are before going any further - if you're with a partner who has an interest in exploring it - talk to them find out what their interests are and where they think they fit on the spectrum and take it from there.

By *ames in LaoisMan  over a year ago

portloaise

As others have said, there is no one answer, and what one couple loves another could find abhorrent. It boils down to individual needs and a strong D/s couple will both have their needs met. There isn't one way and there are innumerable different dynamics. The key elements are compatibility, respect, and consent.

As others have said, if you are genuinely interested, research it. A good place to start is the book by Michael Makai called Domination & Submission: The BDSM Relationship Handbook.

If you are interested in being a Dom the one thing I will say is it takes a lot of work, patience, and paying full attention to your sub. Your job is to make sure she is always safe and that her needs are being met.

D/s relationships can be deeply satisfying and encourage deep communication about each others needs' at every level, not just sexual. The kink is an element, not the whole thing. Communication is paramount, as is complete honesty. There is a vulnerability on both sides when done right that can create a very liberating and safe space to be for both.

Even if not full time, trust is critical. BDSM isn't something that should be taken too lightly as it can have deep psychological and physical effects. Wonderful effects if done properly, but damaging if not. That's why respect and consent is so important.

So enjoy your journey if you embark on it. And care for your partner whether in a long-term relationship or casual play.

Hope that gives you something to work with

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What's involved depends on the people involved. You'll get people telling you all sorts but basically it's down to those involved to negotiate the terms in a safe, sane and consensual way.

We use it as a role play so if I wear my collar my partner knows this is how I want to play for the time I have the collar on to when I take it off. He has total and complete control over what I do, from non sexual to sexual.

But how we use sub Dom will be different for someone else in a sub Dom relationship.

All I would say is you should both trust and respect each other’s likes and dislikes and use safe words or actions so the Dom knows when it’s too much or your really not enjoying it. Talk about it at length and give it a go if it’s something your both wanting to dabble in.

Xx

No two dom/sub 'friendships' are the same, it's what works for you two. Trust and respect are paramount on both sides and knowing that submission is given never demanded

"D/s means many things to many people OP and there is no single meaning - it covers a huge spectrum and essentially boils down to what two (or more) people involved in such a relationship agree it is from a position of knowledge and consent.

In most general terms though it will involve one partner being dominant over the other submissive partner.

How that dynamic plays out is as individual as the people involved though - for some it could simply be not much more than an occasional kinky roleplay to add spice to their sex life - for others it could be a 24/7 thing where the dominant has complete control even down to choosing how the submissive dresses and what they eat etc.

Similarly in terms of activities it could just be the dominant calling the shots as to when and how they have sex and using light restraint and blindfolds etc as part of that on an occasional basis - right up to fairly extreme whips and chains and beyond.

If you have an interest in that kind of relationship I'd suggest reading and finding out as much as you can about it and deciding where you think you sit on that spectrum and what your interests are before going any further - if you're with a partner who has an interest in exploring it - talk to them find out what their interests are and where they think they fit on the spectrum and take it from there."

This!

It varies from person to person and couple to couple...its whatever suits your needs, and as long as it's safe and consensual, that's all that matters.

"Im not in a relationship "

"Im not in a relationship

*quack quack*"

emilio estevez at his best right there

» Add a new message to this topic