FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gmail

Gmail

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckoo clock OP   Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Is it possible to send an email and get an automatic reply confirming its been read using gmail on your phone, and if so how ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Dunno, I don't use it

*courtesy of the useless information department*

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is it possible to send an email and get an automatic reply confirming its been read using gmail on your phone, and if so how ?"

When gmail is open on a laptop, There is a drop down on the bottom right near the bin sign when you’re writing an email. It says request read receipt. If you click that then when the recipient open the email it says sender he requested a receipt. If they then click ok, then you get an email saying they’ve read it.

That’s all I know, not sure about an app that can avoid that process.

But sales software like Base CRM do show you if an email has been read but that’s a paid software.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

You would use Read Receipts. There is functionality in Gmail. Whether it's on the mobile app or not I don't know. I'll see if I can find a link for you, or you can Google "Gmail read receipt".

"You would use Read Receipts. There is functionality in Gmail. Whether it's on the mobile app or not I don't know. I'll see if I can find a link for you, or you can Google "Gmail read receipt". "

Do you use a paid (business) version of gmail as I do? Because I’m not sure if the normal free gmail has that feature?

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

It's not looking too promising I'm afraid. The functionality exists but there are issues.

https://www.contactmonkey.com/blog/set-read-notification-gmail

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/email-tracking-for-gmail/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?hl=en

This might be what you seek. Mail track extension for google chrome browsers.

» Add a new message to this topic