FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Real life

Real life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you look at other posters and make assumptions about them? Like do you think you get a feel for them, what kind of job they have or where they live, what family life is like etc?

Are you ever surprised when you get talking to them?

Do you ever wonder the assumptions people make about you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oldyoudown41Man  over a year ago

caledonian

All the time,I think it’s just human nature

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do it all the time for example i see nsa chick as a librarian you as a tour guide nora as a anne summers rep or similar just to name a few

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yeah. Try often don’t look like anything I imagined. I always imagine people to be like super models. I don’t know why cos I know most of us aren’t.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

On here I dont think any further than are they fun and do I fancy them

Like the reverse of characters in a novel, you think you know what they look like until they're described completely differently

I think I'm pretty open about all aspects of my life so there can't be that many assumptions to make really!

I believe I get a feel for people, I've been wrong on occasion tho I'll admit that.

Sometimes I'm surprised when people disclose their job, not that I had any preconceived ideas of what they did, but I just didn't expect them to do "that"

P

Yes I think its normal too. You can gauge a lot about someone by things they say and do on the forums if you read between the lines a bit.

Btw to confirm i dont drive Scottish busses not long ago i thought id need a passport to enter

Don't really think about it to be honest and as for me I'm an open book.only thing not on my profile is that I'm a carer for a dear friend that I've known since I was 4

I think most ppl think that I do anuses behind supermarkets.

That is absolutely true

"I think most ppl think that I do anuses behind supermarkets.

That is absolutely true "

i heard that about you

I think people get the wrong impression of me and assume I'm not genuine or a nice person, Well iv had several messages from forumites that think that.

I'm the same person on here as I am in real life.

I'm funny, a bit random and often go off on a tangent. I'm passionate about a lot of things and not afraid to have an opinion or voice it but I'm not arrogant about it.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes I do. Like I can read a few posts from a poster and I can almost imagine their line of work, I sometimes think about the type of house they live in... etc. I try and remain open minded and don't listen to what others say but take a person as I find them.

Yes, I know people make assumptions about me. I think sometimes I'm pleasantly surprising, others I'm awfully disappointing. I don't think many (apart from good friends on here) really do get an accurate read of me.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Oh and I've been surprised a couple of times. I love that when it happens. There's one poster who I thought was ridiculously hot so must be a bit of a bitch. The more I've got to know her the more I've realised how bloody epic she is and how I've finally met someone who shares my interesting taste in men of the fora old and new.

By *atisfying jackMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I've learned never to take what people write on here or their profile as what they are like, I've come across a lot of rude people who by all accounts seemed lovely.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

People are never what they seem until they show their true colours

I wonder about the assumptions that get made about me, I can be insecure at times.

I have made assumptions, but I like to keep an open mind to try to be less surprised when things aren’t often as I thought.

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I tend to take people on face value until I meet them. I don't overthink it. Usually they're flipping lovely humans.

As for me people are generally correct in assuming I'm loud and a bit of a knobhead. You get what you see.

"I tend to take people on face value until I meet them. I don't overthink it. Usually they're flipping lovely humans.

As for me people are generally correct in assuming I'm loud and a bit of a knobhead. You get what you see."

You? I thought you were the mouse on the stair right there, the little mouse with clogs on, I do declare, going clip clippity clop on the stair

P

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"I tend to take people on face value until I meet them. I don't overthink it. Usually they're flipping lovely humans.

As for me people are generally correct in assuming I'm loud and a bit of a knobhead. You get what you see.

You? I thought you were the mouse on the stair right there, the little mouse with clogs on, I do declare, going clip clippity clop on the stair

P"

I adore you. That clippity clop was probably a clompety clomp.

P

I adore you. That clippity clop was probably a clompety clomp. "

Ploppity plop in my case

Mwah

P

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I love doing that! It’s the online equivalent of people watching

i do .... a bit like a soap opera and who fits which character

who's the real life Dot Cotton, Phil Mitchell, Gail Platt etc

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think you can get a fair feel for some people via their on-line presence, they're usually the ones who are open and unguarded though - there are plenty who you can just tell have created a persona for themselves and don't let it slip and you'll probably never see the true them unless you met them and spent a good deal of time with them.

I tend to lean and warm more towards the former than the latter though - can't be doing with pretence and false niceties

Yeah

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Yep, I do.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

Yes I do and the people I've chatted to have been how I've expected

I wonder what assumptions people make about me... I hope they're good ones!

I think it's human nature to wonder these things. I expect a lot of the time people's assumptions will be wildly off the mark, however I'm sure not always

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

I look at all the sexy guys and ladies on here and think WOW ,how do we manage any meets with so much competition ..

By *uzukiNo1Woman  over a year ago

Rhyl

No I honestly don't assume anything about where people live etc......if I end up chatting and they want to tell me things that's up to them I wouldn't ask unless invited to.....as for me anyone can ask me anything, like Anabelle did the other day .......I would like to think I'm approachable...

I don't give it a second thought unless someone annoys me, then I psychoanalyse them completely

I make wild-arsed assumptions that are usually fairly accurate...

I don’t really think about their jobs or life outside of fab. I have made assumptions about what people look like and have been surprised by the reality of some forumites. X

By *llaboutthewifeCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Its certainly hard not to wonder.

No idea what's thought of me to be honest.

Its difficult to make judgement on a few facts, but sometimes that's all you have, so it's reply, delete or block, based on that. X

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I don’t make assumptions really. I just wonder what they are like in their day to day lives, doing everyday mundane stuff that everyone else does. Whether they do it with a boob jiggle or a lasvicious wink. Everything seems more sexualised on here, you see pics of folk in states of undress and it’s hard to picture them doing the Tesco shop etc.

By *ewrocksWoman  over a year ago

button moon

"People are never what they seem until they show their true colours "

This.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's natural to and your thoughts will reflect you, as much or possibly more than them. I consider their warmth, how astute they are, how they might engage, their sexual poise and other qualities but not things like jobs, which I don't really do in real life either.

» Add a new message to this topic